Start by marking “GRIT Sector 1: The Uprising” as Want to Read:
GRIT Sector 1: The Uprising

GRIT Sector 1: The Uprising

I thought he was mine.
I LIVED WITH TOO MANY DEMONS.
He belonged to the underground.
AND THE UNDERGROUND WERE COMING FOR HER.
I wanted to know every secret.
I THOUGHT I KNEW EVERY SECRET.
I thought we were safe.
WE WOULD NEVER BE SAFE.
I thought we had won the fight.
BUT THE WAR WAS ABOUT TO BEGIN...

Trixie Ashford-Blackwood is now a part of a world she had no idea existed a

Start your review of GRIT Sector 1: The Uprising
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Exceptionally Twisted Stars!

"There was seduction in darkness. There was power in death."

My notes while reading.
Gulp.
Scary as fuck.
Holy fucking Shit.
Who will win.

Rebecca Sherwin really out did herself with this one. So, if you haven't read the first book, go do that, this is the second in the series. I went through a few stages of jaw dropping, madness. I hung onto my kindle with a death grip not knowing what would happen.

I'm not going to give a single clue to what awaits you. Just prepare
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
"Those who seek justice must prepare to stand trial themselves"- Elijah Blackwood 1826

Ever had a book that made you so excited to read?
Ever had a book make you question yourself and your insanity?
Ever had a book give you so much chills that you feel it in your bones?
Ever had a book that made your heart pump and stop at the same time?
GRIT Sector 1: The Uprising was a book that made me feel all of these things. I was just in awe while reading it. I may hat times that I did not want the book to
Maggie
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark and twisted

I really don't know what to think after reading this. Elias and trixie are combustive, sadistic, psychopaths, abusive, twisted and just sick and that's just their love making. I hated the direction trixies character took, she was corrupted and led down a path of darkness. Elias has more personalities than worzel gummage and he is sinister and cruel.
I had little sympathy for either character but I was engaged in the story and wanted to know what was going to happen.
Elias dad, I
 Just Denise
Wow! what a great unique story. This nearly broke me. So intense, so original, so brutal, so crazy. Amazing!
Korena Kerner
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reminder- I'm not a dark read kinda girl and this book pushed my limits!! This book is definitely dark, gory, and brutal.

This story dives deeper into the history of the GRIT. Trixie is conflicted with her position she has to take with Elias. Trixie is a prisoner within her home. She learns more about her family history. The means that Elias take with Trixie to get her to surrender to her dark side had me quaking in my shoes. I felt horrible for Trixie and kept reading how does she escape with
Louise
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I should hate this book but I don't. I should be repulsed but I'm not. I shouldn't enjoy reading this but I can't put it down. I am as conflicted as Trixie and Elias and I think that shared connection with the characters sucks me in. They love and hate their situation and what they do to others and each other and knowing things are not black and white, evil and good but rather blurred makes it easier to read some of the darker twisted scenes.
I finished book one in this series with more
Lady Living  In Bookland
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Returning to Trixie and Elias was like returning to a twisted horror story we all love and can't help learning more.

After the newlyweds come to grips with their lifestyle, Trixie needs to face her duty. Become Alias' queen to the throne of GRIT. To overthrow the underground. But would she find the darkness in her to be what he needed? Could she accept what lay ahead of her and be what Elias needed and kept her shut out of?

Excerpt:
We're dark, Elias. I should have realised before that it's
Alison
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

The underground wasn't safe and they wanted BLOOD! Can Master and Lady Blackwood unite before the underground strikes?

I have been begging for this book since I finished reading book #1 and Rebecca Sherwin has not disappointed! Their journey became even darker and more twisted; their passion became more heart and soul consuming, and their past had more revelations than the eye could see. Without a doubt, with each book Rebecca Sherwin
Lou
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ever feel like you shouldn't be enjoying something as much as you are? That's how this book made me feel. It's so dark, so twisted and oh so wrong but in a really good way, that it's made me question if I'm just as twisted and disturbed as Rebecca for enjoying it so much, and for wanting more!!!

I'm refusing to discuss the actual plot in this review for 3 reasons:
1) I will not post spoilers and ruin this for anyone who is yet to read it,
2) It's not over yet and I haven't fully unravelled this
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Just when I think I have our dark and twisted Rebecca Sherwin and her penned worlds figured out, she produces yet another sadistic and deviant book and keeps us tied in knots wondering what blood shed and mind f**k will happen next. In The Uprising Rebecca draws us back into this fictional London world where blood spills freely, criminals run rampant, and torturous vigilantes are on the prowl. Trixie and Elias takes us on a new thrilling
Saunders
Ok the synopsis let us know the bones of what happens to Trixie Ashford-Blackwood and the world she is now a part of.

What is doesn't alert you to is the content of this story. You may see "not for the feint hearted" in some of the reviews but be warned that this story will make even those who have a cast iron stomach squirm.

It has scenes that contain bastinado, hematolagnia and rape. They are vicious and graphic. If this is not something you can "stomach" do not read this book.

I still didn't get
WendyW ~ Girls Just Wanna Have Books
I have become a diehard fan of Rebecca Sherwin. She has gained the automatic “one click” status and this is only the second book of hers I have read. Her exquisite writing skills elevate her to a best selling author platform. This series is such a stellar read and will test your being and morality.

The story is so deep and intricate, totally unique from any other I have read. The characters so intriguing and spellbinding, effortlessly drawing you in and connecting to your emotions.

Trixie slowly
Pam
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it

The dark read of Rebecca Sherwin is not my everyday read but I am completely sucked in by this series. I sometimes find myself thinking that I can't read anymore, it is just too much for me. Then I always end up turning the next page to see what will happen next. I don't know how or where Rebecca comes up with these stories but I hope she doesn't stop anytime soon.

I want to hate Elias for the things that he does, the way he treats Trixie most of the time.
Jodie Scott
Reviewed by Queens Of The Darkside
GRIT:Sector 1 The uprising By Rebecca Sherwin
Well im not going to lie I literally felt like a kid at Christmas when I turned on my kindle and saw book staring at me. I grinned wider than a Cheshire cat and couldn’t (in fact I didn’t) wait to start it! I read the first book not too long ago so it was still all fresh in my mind. This is the second instalment and it doesn’t leave the reader disappointed. We see Elias and Trixie carry on with their journey all while
Louise White
Where do I even begin with this review?

In order to follow the story line you need to have read the first book (Elias).

Trixie Ashford has just married into the Blackwoods and has become a part of their legacy. The family is steeped in history and tradition. Set in a dystopian version of London, the city is surrounded by a wall to keep all of the evil trapped, the public are advised not to go out at night for their own safety. The underground is dark and dangerous, drugs, human trafficking and
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

This is the sequel to Grit Sector 1: Elias. I'm going to be honest, I reread Elias so that I could review. I finished Elias having literally no clue as to what was going on. The author was so vague in her explanations and descriptions that I felt completely lost when I started book two. That being said, I did enjoy Uprising more than Elias, though I still have quite a few frustrations.

First off, I'm still not entirely sure what and where the Sectors are. I'm also confused as to what the
Elaine
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In book 1 Elias, Trixie was pretty submissive but throughout this book she goes from strength to strength, standing up to her husband and those around her. Their relationship becomes the very essence of sadomasochistic. He's like some version of a vampire with his lust for blood and at times in his mission to rid the underworld of crime, he resorts to such depravity I actually took a break from reading. He's also very secretive and contradicts himself frequently. Whether this is his multiple ...more
Vickie
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I'm not going into details about the story because honestly, I'd only confuse us all. It's far to complex to even hint at.

I was nervous starting this book, the first one left me with hundreds of questions and although I didn't get sucked in from the start, by the time I was halfway through nothing was going to make me put it down.

Following on from Grit, The Uprising once again dragged me into Elias and Trixies world. And what a messed up world it is. As Trixie seems to get more
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
5 stars
Oh Wow, GRIT Sector 1: The Uprising.

Betrayal, Twisted, Dark, Hot. This book has a bit of everything in it.

Am not going give anything away. You need to just read and find out for yourself.

I will admit I was slightly scared to read this book after I had got so confused with book 1 I really didn’t know what to expect from book 2 but. it totally blows me away I was hooked from the first page it starts off where book 1 left off… if you haven’t read book 1 please do so just so you can
Jade Simcox (3 Degrees Of Fiction)
We are back with Elias and Trixie, and I couldn't be happier about it. After reading book 1, I could not wait to get my hands on this book. Rebecca does not disappoint, she brings back everything we had from book 1. A gripping story, with so many twists you don't know what to believe, hot sex scenes (that leave you needing a ice cold shower and questioning why you enjoyed it), suspense and a bit of a love story.
There were questions left unanswered in book 1, some where answered in this book,
Ashley Carr, LSoR

Fantastic continuation!!! I was hesitant to read this book because I was confused for most of book one, but I couldn't put this book down. I was absolutely hooked from the prologue.

Trixie lets her inner twisted, dark, homicidal maniac out in this book. She is also very sexual in this book and loves the more Elias hurts her physically. She just doesn't know which Elias she's going to get and though she "loves" all of them, she especially likes the sadistic one.

Elias is more
Stacey
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy sh*t balls! Yep, that's my intro. After shouting at the end of the book - again!

I have been dying for this book ever since I finished #1 in the series and boy I'm glad I've finally read it. I didn't think Miss Sherwin could get any more sadistic, but wow! You ain't read nothing yet.

The Uprising is the continuation of Elias' and Trixie's story to protect the city from the underground. But there is SO much more. There is so much depth to this story and the violence, sex, pain - though it is
Kerry-Ann
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every time I read a novel by this author, I am blown away. Rebecca Sherwin is not afraid to push boundaries and make you question human morals.

Elias and Trixie's relationship is based on sadomasochism which is not something I have read before and to be honest it was hard to read. BUT you have to look beyond that and see the beauty that comes from it.

Elias is a character you love to hate. He is also a contradiction. He is intense, moody and conflicted. He is also charming, sexy as hell and loves
Anne Milne
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was anxious about reading this because I'm not going to lie because I spent half the time reading book 1 confused but oh was I hooked.
I'm not going to tell you anything about the story for two reasons I'll probably just confuse you and two you need to grasp it at your pace, when you get it it's like a eureka moment. I loved how we learned more about GRIT at the same time as Trixie did, let Rebecca's words be the light that guides you through this complex and intricate story.
Trixie really
Maria Lazarou--Obsessed by Books Blog
Rebecca always seems to surprise me with the books that she writes and I do wonder how dark her mind can really go. I always look forward to her twisty stories as they feed my twisty soul.

This book follows on from the first in the series Elias and if you thought that one was dark and twisty, your in for a surprise with this one.

Returning to the story of Elias and Trixie, we learn how they are adapting to married life and also Grit.

I found that in this book Trixie appears to have grown stronger
AnessaRenee Reviews
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely a book that needs to be read after the first one. So go do that if you haven't. I was excited to read this book ad free finishing the first one. And I wasn't disappointed. The author once again pulls at you from all directions. We learn more about Trixie in this one and I loved how she develops and grows. Elias is still the ever controlling alpha male who at times can piss you off. This book has so many emotions that you feel like you're being pulled in so many directions. The ...more
Carol Morgan
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wish i could give this book more than 5* because its absolutely amazing .Rebecca Sherwin keeps you on the edge of your seat with this book , Trixie is trying to break through the multiple personalities that inhabit Elias but even as she hates the darkness in him she's attracted to it & him . No matter what he does or makes her do shes part of him as he is of her . Elias despite himself wants to protect her & its a daily fight in his mind to see which Elias will win . he wasn't supposed ...more
Linda Field
Grit Sector 1 - The Uprising
A Dark, Twisted and Cruel Story.

I just don't know what to say.

The prologue of the book nearly made me not want to read it, but I did.

Elias' book confused me a bit, so I was prepared for The Uprising to do the same, and it did. The twists just kept me gripped wanting to find out more.

I found Elias very controlling in his book and he is even worse in this one. Trixie can hold her own, but sometimes I felt she gave in a bit to easy. Considering its the Twentieth
Tracie Podger
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Where to start? There's no doubt that Rebecca Sherwin has a very dark and twisted mind, there's no doubt that Rebecca Sherwin is an awesome, talented, and intelligent writer. Each book I read get's progressively darker, more twisted, and better than the last. Grit Sector 1: The Uprising is a continuation of the most unique story of the Blackwoods, the Ashfords, the underworld, and GRIT. Trixie and Elias love and hate, fight and f*ck. Betrayal and lies, deceit and survival are, as expected from ...more
Karen Atkinson
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book for an honest review. This is the second book in this series and I loved it did not know how the author would top the brilliance of the first book but she did. This one continues where the first story ended and is even more darker and twisted than the first one, which is pretty dark. At points in the book it had me holding my breath and had to remind myself to breath. I could not put this down as I could not wait to get to the end but I did not want the book ...more
Rebecca is a London born and bred mother, writer and psychology student. She is the mother of a superhero (who is currently growing his hair like Thor!) and spends her days with her nose stuck in a textbook, her fingers tapping away at the keys…or she’s building forts and eating gummy bears.

She is the author of dark psychological romance. An avid reader and lover of stories that keep you guessing,