Start by marking “Henry and the Guardians of the Lost” as Want to Read:
Henry and the Guardians of the Lost

Henry and the Guardians of the Lost

Published September 16th 2016 by egmont

To ask other readers questions about Henry and the Guardians of the Lost, please sign up.
Sally Henry's power (although we'd thought he had none) is hearing voices of people from the past. There's a good family tree here https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...
Sally Only indirectly (apart from Henry himself). 'Treasure' is the cook at Charlie's school and we hear more about her.

Just_me
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a strange yet engaging story. I feel that there is so much more to know, I'm sure there must be a story before and a story or more to follow because this book has just a snippet of Henry's story.
I love the small fairy folk and the brave cat and loyal cat.
I need more of this story.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for allowing me acces to an ARC to read and review.
Caroline
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As a new reader of Jenny Nimmo - I know, shock horror - I found this a great introduction to her special world of magic, fantasy and 'endowment'. If you like other authors such as Diana Wynne Jones, JK Rowling with a splash of Eva Ibbotson then you'll really enjoy this.
Lily
This is quite simply just a very boring and poorly written book that reads like a first draft in need of a lot more work. At the start, we get a little information about Henry's past, but it's a confusing little infodump that leaves more questions than it answers, and seems to skip the most interesting part of the story and Henry's bigger problem (he somehow time-travels to the future, outliving his parents, and then is unable to age) like it doesn't really matter at all now, for an abandonment ...more
Kathy
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who love fantasy and the Charlie Bone series
I really, really loved this book. It was wonderfully written, had an intriguing plot and the characters (especially Ankaret!) were all interesting. The only problem (and the reason why I didn't give it five stars) is that the ending was too abrupt for me. Of course, there was some resolution, particularly for Henry (view spoiler), but I really wanted to see what would happen to (view spoiler)I really, really loved this book. It was wonderfully written, had an intriguing plot and the characters (especially Ankaret!) were all interesting. The only problem (and the reason why I didn't give it five stars) is that the ending was too abrupt for me. Of course, there was some resolution, particularly for Henry (view spoiler), but I really wanted to see what would happen to (view spoiler) I would've liked to read something more about her future.

And I really hope that Jenny Nimmo might think about making a sequel of this book someday, because I really would love to read more about the Shaidi, the Princess, the witches in the Littles House, Christian, Lucy, and Ankaret. Especially Ankaret. I know she technically has her happy ending now, but I've come to really love her and her character while reading this book and I would love to see more of her in future books. Also it really feels like there was some ship-tease between Henry and Ankaret in this book and it would be interesting to see future interactions between them.
And last of all, I would love to read more about these Guardians of the Lost, and Treasure and Pearl's history, and the other Time Twisters that are apparently scattered around the world.

And that's about all I've got to say. :)

Sally
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Michael Elwood
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it
It's ok, but felt a bit rushed. Not as many elements as the charlie bone series that I read long ago. I liked the charlie bone series better.
Kim
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: middle-grade
This book was a bit strange to read. All the time I felt like I was missing something, that this should be a second book in a series or something. Now I was just thrown into this world with time travel through marbles and people being unable to age and I just didn't get it. how these these marbles work? Where do they come from? Tell me more about Henry, and so on. Most of the time I am annoyed by authors who decide to write an entire series while they actually only have one good story and the re ...more
Anastaciya
Jan 29, 2017
Tara
Apr 06, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Jenny Nimmo was born in Windsor, Berkshire, England and educated at boarding schools in Kent and Surrey from the age of six until the age of sixteen, when she ran away from school to become a drama student/assistant stage manager with Theater South East. She graduated and acted in repertory theater in various towns and cities: Eastbourne, Tunbridge Wells, Brighton, Hastings, and Bexhill.

She left