Start by marking “Work & Wagers: (David Wagers Case #1)” as Want to Read:
Work & Wagers: (David Wagers Case #1)

Work & Wagers: (David Wagers Case #1)

Between the investigation of an unsolved murder, an understaffed office, and the development of an alluring new friendship, there's never enough time to play for P.I. David Wagers. But make no mistake -- David Wagers is not a dull boy.
Published June 27th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Work & Wagers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Work & Wagers

Sharon
Jan 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book is very poorly written with poor grammar, a transparent plot and poorly developed characters. An excellent example of how not to write.
John Presler
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
David Wagers is a Private Investigator who has been hired to look into the murder of Courtney Tabbin. Courtney was murdered about a year ago and the police had been unable to find the killer.

Courtney was working in the legal department of Well Metro, a health insurance company, at the time of her death. The night she was killed, she was supposed to meet with some of her co-workers for dinner, but never showed up. In the course of his investigation, David found that Courtney had been pulling away
John
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
This introductory book was such a fun and quick read that I was finished with it before I even realized it. I like the major characters the author is developing for his series, even though they take a long time to get their together story going. As far as the murder mystery, to me it was all too obvious who was guilty very early in the book, but it was fun to see how they ended up solving the case. I would very much enjoy reading further books in this series. This is a somewhat late voluntary re ...more
Kelsey
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. Great flow, well written. Couldn't put the book down, characters and plot kept my interest. Can't wait to read more from this author!
RABT Book Tours and PR
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing

PROMO Blitz: Work & Wagers by Sherrie Sushko @sherriesushko @RABTBookTours #MurderMystery #CozyMystery
Tony Parsons
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
NYC. Walter Huffs (attorney) niece Courtney Tabbin (college graduate, graduate student, lawyer, paralegal) had been brutally murdered at the Well Metro health insurance co in New Jersey & the crime was still not solved.
Walter had hired David Wagers (PI) to see if he could solve the case.
Penny Irvine (45+) had hired David to keep & eye on her spouse Troy Irvine to see if he was cheating on her.

David went to see Joanne Tabbin (wife, Courtney’s mother/David’s sister).
Nora Mulligan (Courtne
Desiree Cooper
Aug 25, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this book as an early edition with a request for an honest review. Overall, I think the book was ok, but it seemed to be lacking a few things. Specifically, I think a little more character development and scene enhancement would help. I think that as a first David Wagers book it introduces him and a few things that can be further discovered in future books; however, as it stands now I’m not yearning to learn more about where things go. The ending is a bit predictable, but that often h ...more
Carrie Watson
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a good quick read. You will not want to put it down, one of those great books that you can get completely lost in. I had to finish reading through even as I saw where it was going. You just couldn't put it down before finding out just how it was going to play out in the end. Wonderful mystery!
Connie
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a very good book, but the storyline was so straight forward with no real twists.
I would enjoy reading more, but hopefully with a bit more surprises.
Enjoy.
Carolyn
Aug 15, 2016
Larry Darter
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
David Wagers, the central character in Work & Wagers: (David Wagers Case #1), is hired by an attorney to investigate an unsolved murder. So far so good. Most of us who enjoy detective mystery novels don't care to settle for any crime other than a good murder.
I found the pace of the book to be noticeably slow until about the halfway point. Once Wagers started to unravel the mystery, from that point on, the book became a more compelling read.

In comparison to the noir-type detective novels I u
Kimberlie
Carol McFarlane
Nicola
Susan Krich
Jul 10, 2016
Sherrie Sushko, author of the novels Remain, Lost Love, and Work & Wagers, resides in the United States with her family.