Start by marking “Vial Things (A Resurrectionist Novel #1)” as Want to Read:
Vial Things (A Resurrectionist Novel #1)

Vial Things

(Resurrectionist #1)

When the resurrectionists of Fissure's Whipp begin disappearing, eighteen-year-old Allie knows someone is after their blood—or, more accurately, the genetic mutation that allows their blood to heal wounds, save lives and even bring back the recently deceased.

Allie knows staying vigilant means staying alive. She's trained her whole life to protect herself by any means neces
ebook
Published August 9th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Vial Things, please sign up.
Leah Clifford Hi! YES, there's actually going to be a book 2! I had to take some time off writing and do some behind the scenes life-stuff to get back on track, but…moreHi! YES, there's actually going to be a book 2! I had to take some time off writing and do some behind the scenes life-stuff to get back on track, but I've refocused and am working on books again! I'll be relaunching my Touch trilogy first along with a spin off. Vial Things is about halfway done and I'm thinking I'll finish it in November. (less)

Rachel
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you've ever read anything by Author Leah Clifford you know it's going to be unique. And a bit dark. And a whole lot awesome. Well that pretty much sums up VIAL THINGS. It's all you really need to know. Of course, if you want to know more...

While you may have read stories about resurrection, the method is fascinating. Clifford created a very distinct process with strict limitations and rules that she adheres to. It is definitely not for the squeamish - things get pretty messy at times. (Though
Katie
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It’s been quite some time since I’ve read a book from Leah Clifford but it didn’t take long for me to remember why I loved her first series. Vial Things is the start of her new Resurrectionist series and while it definitely gave me the same vibe as her Touch trilogy, it really captured my attention with it’s unique new story.

Vial Things is the story of Allie, a teen resurrectionist trying to escape her gift. She doesn’t mind the whole bringing people back to life thing but she doesn’t like that
Amber
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can't tell you how excited I was to read something fresh and new for the Young Adult crowd. VIAL THINGS stands out in every way, from the unbelievably real characters, to the setting of Fissure's Whip - everything will blow you away and knock you dead. But don't worry, if Allie can gt to you in time she can bring you back.
Alba BookPics
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god

What?

I'm so happy your back Leah. So so so happy!!

This is the FIRST YA book I've read this year!
Can you believe that?

What is even better is that this was such a great way to break the 'YA dry spell' lol
I cannot wait for more!

I went in without reading much of the premise except for one or two snippets here and there and I'm so freaking glad I did.
Powerful blood, secrets, lies, love, friendship, and loyalty all make for such a great mix and story.
I loved Ploy so much. Love how much he
Amber
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting take on resurrectionists. The execution of this made it feel like a fast paced thriller which I was totally for, although some twists I did see coming.
Austine (NovelKnight)
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This book was provided by the author for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Rating: 4.5/5 stars

I'm going to be completely honest. I've had Leah Clifford's A Touch Trilogy sitting unread on my bookshelves for a few months now (totally not because I didn't want to read them, but that whole free time business...), so this is my first time reading this author's work. And I've gotta say... I loved it!

It took me a while to fig

Kristin
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, paranormal
Allie is a resurrectionist, which mean she can bring people back from the dead with her blood. When fellow resurrectionists start showing up dead Allie knows that their secret has been found out. Someone out there knows who the resurrectionists are and are hunting them. In the hopes of self-preservation, when her friend, a local homeless teen, asks to crash at her apartment she agrees to let him stay with her. She figures whoever is out there hunting resurrectionists will happen upon Ploy first, ...more
Psychotic Chipmunk
Not all lies are ploys.

So true, and such a lie at the same time when reading Vial Things. Don't let the cover fool you. This is no horror read, but a brilliant genre-bend, an amalgam of many rolled in a clever and fast-paced YA read that isn't like any other.

Are ploys lies when you don't say it? What if no one asks? So many times it's easy to answer- but you aren't Abbie, and you aren't Ploy. Each not saying, each using, both knowing the other isn't saying and is using, all while real emotions
Sissy
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A creepy Good tale.

Something Only the Authors wonderful imagination could write. Its story line as unique as the characters. It's definitely creepy, its abit morbid..gross maybe? But you'll want to read it all.every single word of it..before you can finally put it down.
Dschaper54
Great read!

Very interesting concept. Kept me wanting more and I still would like to know what happens. The concept of people who could resurrect the dead was very interesting.
Htb2050
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly good.
Kate Kennelly
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t often read urban fantasy and, to be honest, my life is pretty tough right now. What I really needed was a fluffy escape book. But I kept coming back to this book; it totally drew me in. Allie is a great heroine; my favorite: strong AND vulnerable yet pushing her way through the crap thrown at her, despite the internal fears and external events that threaten to keep her down.

And Leah TOTALLY HAD ME GUESSING at whose side Ploy was on. I had no bloody (no pun intended) until the reveal at t
Cheryl
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of the few Prime books I've really enjoyed.
Nancy Foster
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is quite a refreshing read from the usual teenager urban fantasy stories where the character is completely obnoxious and makes insanely stupid decision for no logical reason.

Set in a world where a small group of humans are born with a genetic mutation that allows them to heal wounds absurdly fast (including many kinds of life threatening injuries and even survive death), this small community of resurrectionists dedicate their lives towards charging hefty fees for bringing the recently decea
Michele(mluker) Luker
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read full of suspense and nail biting action!

Vial Things is one of those stories that unravels itself in little segments, however rushes like a flooded river at the same time. The anticipation is REAL as you put together the clues to Allie's secret life and torment.

Allie is always staying under the radar, looking over her shoulder while she tries to stay absent from the "family business." With her special genetic blood, she can heal herself, and bring others back from the dead with som
Amy
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed this book as it kept my interest peaked throughout the entirety of the text. Some of the twists were expected. However, the book intertwines an adequate amount of suspense and action to keep you guessing what will happen, when the characters will reveal they know secrets and repercussions of actions. Other reviewers have indicated they found the descriptions of characters drawing blood somewhat lurid but it didn't bother me at all (I read psychological thrillers often so I'm used ...more
smiling_ina
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible and unique story. It hooked me from the very first sentence. Leah Clifford is such an amazing author and her stories always amaze me. I cannot wait for the sequel. Love, love, love this so much!
Carly Marino
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a cool premise!!! I enjoyed not only the story but the writing as well! Def recommend!
Kristin
Scarlet
Sep 17, 2016
Christina
Feb 07, 2018
**sign up for Letters from Leah to receive news, new chapters and possibly advanced copies of Leah's books! http://eepurl.com/cjfFt1 ** Leah Clifford was born and raised outside of Cleveland Ohio. She has an affinity for all things weird and creepy as made evident by her oddity shop Petite Grotesque and her previous young adult novels, A Touch Mortal, A Touch Morbid and A Touch Menacing.

She can b