Start by marking “Bitten by Mistake (Regent's Park Pack, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bitten by Mistake (Regent's Park Pack, #1)

Bitten by Mistake

(Regent's Park Pack #1)

From animosity to searing passion in a lunar cycle… but can their bond survive?

Wolf shifter Nathan Kohl’s pack is his whole life. Arrogant and handsome, he avoids commitment to anything or anyone outside of his pack. He works hard, plays hard, and pursues humans as lovers because there’s little to no chance of him forming a permanent bond. However, when Jared Taylor comes
Published July 28th 2016 by Annabelle Jacobs

To ask other readers questions about Bitten by Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bitten by Mistake

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

Thanks to my girl Renée for a quick and dirty BR.

This book worked for me on so many levels: It's SEXY, passionate, and intense. It contains enough shifter action to satisfy rabid wolf fans, but the focus is most definitely on the relationship between Nathan and Jared.

When Jared first meets Nathan, he gives him the cold shoulder. Jared does not like shifters. He thinks they're arrogant and dangerous. He dated a shifter once and is determined to never make that mistake again.

Nathan is a l
☆ Todd
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This story was love at first sight for me. The moment that I began reading, it was all over and I was hooked.

I always enjoy a good enemies to lovers tale and in this story, as far as Jared is concerned, all shifters are the enemy.

So when Jared meets Nathan in a bar, and Nathan goes arrogant and all, "I know you want a piece of this," Jared firmly rebuffs those advances without delay.

But visually, Nathan was kind of...

Mixed with a bit of...

So Jared's mind was saying no, but his body didn't qui
~Mindy Lynn~
4.5*

This was my first book by this author and I really loved it.

This was really good. It had a great action, romance, and characters. The way it started off really draws you in and keeps your attention until the very end. I stayed up quite late finishing it. I regret nothing. LOL

This is definitely a case of I hate you that eventually turns into I love you. An enemies to lovers story. Oh how I love these kinds of stories. Especially when they are written as well as this one was.

Nathan is cocky a
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
DNF @ 63%

Just couldn't get in to this one. No point continuing when I was skimming anyways.

Didn't find either main character very likable honestly.

But the sex was hot so there was that. And it was free.
Wendy
 photo tumblr_lqs0lrkm4F1r21cyxo2_500_zpsfpf7wgnc.gif

This shifter story was quite a bit different, than any of the other shifter stories I have read so far. It was acually a refreshing read. I really enjoyed it.

First some things need to be explained. In this story, shifters are not allowed to bite humans without their consent and the consent of the pack, to which the shifter belongs. We're not talking verbal consent, but actual paperwork that needs to be filed. If these rules are not followed, the shifter is breaking the law and will therefor be
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3 Stars***

I liked the premise of this book and did enjoy reading it, but also found myself easily distracted by other things while reading. I think my main reason was that I never fully warmed up to Jared.

Shifters and humans co-exist in Annabelle Jacobs world, but not without some laws to keep order.

1. All shifters are required to have their DNA registered.

2. Any shifter bitings must be submitted to the government with agreement signed by the shifter pack and the human involved.

3. If a hum
Renée
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this interesting take on m/m shifter romance. In this story, it is illegal to bite a human without his/her consent, whether the bite "takes" and they shift at the next full moon or not. And the bitten party has the right, under law, to decide on the punishment of the shifter who did the biting, even up to death.

In the middle of pursuing a menacing, rogue shifter group in his area, Nathan is running through the streets, sees one of them, and goes for the kill bite. He realizes too late
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Me actually likey*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Surprisingly, I actually enjoyed this one. One of the things that did bother me a bit was the timeline and the insta-love feels it gave. BUT the insta-love wasn't something that really bothered me as it wasn't necessary the main focus, which helped me enjoy the book instead. The focus was more on the bond and on the possibility of losing it. It was quite interesting.
“I’m scared that I’ll wake up and there’ll be this big empty space here—” He pressed gently aga
Gigi
Jul 28, 2016 marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
Shelves: mm-shifters
Nope, can't do it. Stopped at 9%. Not my jam.
Jo
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 4-5-stars, gr2016

M/M romance has definitely proven this year to be a new favorite of mine. And Bitten by Mistake was another great addition to this genre.

Never had he thought he wanted this—this closeness, this feeling of completeness that filled him from head to toe and made his wolf preen with contentment. Now he couldn’t imagine being without it.

I have a very big weakness for shifters, because let’s face it they are usually so damn sexy with their growly and alpha personalities and I always love the bon

Ariana
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ariana by: Wendy, Todd
*4,5 stars*

Maybe, just maybe *G*, I have to admit to myself that I actually really like shifter romance. T. J. Klune's Wolfsong paved the way for more.

I LOVED this a lot. Why?

1. absolutely brilliant enemies-to-lovers plot:
(Jared's snark and his 'mildly' caustic banter with Nat is very entertaining)

2. a short stretch of the fake-boyfriends trope:
Needless to say that the fake part doesn't last too long.

3. 'wolfy things':
I liked the alternative universe Annabelle Jacobs creates. There is some
Jay Northcote
If you like shifters, forced proximity and scorching hot UST (not unresolved for long) then you need this on your TBR ;)
No rating because I pre-read and am probably (definitely) biased, but I absolutely loved this book.
Susan
Jun 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, shifters

Although good, it had a little too much push and pull going on for me to really get into it.

Still, it was a nice shifter book.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited, m-m
Meh.

The setup, the "relationship" and the battle. I didn't get it. Any of it.

There was so much going on and nothing was explained and what was explained didn't make sense to me. For such an organized Pack it seemed they were all pretty clueless.

My favorite part was them meeting in the bar. After that, meh.

Oh well, it happens. Everyone else seemed to love it.

Shile
This was interesting and different i like it.
Bev
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it

Well, I liked this one...in fact, I couldn't stop reading it, and I don't really do shifter stories that much other than THIRDS, but I got it done same day. Plenty of hotness between Nathan and Jared once their 'bond' kicked in, but the reason it hasn't gotten 5 stars is that I felt that the 'rogue pack' scenario wasn't fleshed out enough at the end...that all felt really rushed to me, I was at least expecting Alec to be involved behind the scenes or that stupid twit Newell, who was the alpha of
Makhda

I quite liked it at the beginning. I liked the suspense. And then there's too much push and pull going on that makes me bored with them.
Anja
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars!

This was a fun, sexy read! I love a well done shifter story. I feel like I've read so many that I've read it all but Jacobs shifter world is original and fun! The shifters don't actually hide out in the woods but live a relatively normal life in London. And the world knows about them!

The first half dragged just a little bit, things between the MCs don't really heat up until about half way but when they do, it's scorching! Biting, claiming, bonding, mine mine mine :D super hot! And eve
Gabriella (Gabi)
I liked how Jared went from hating wolf shifters to falling in love with one, though he had no choice in the matter, it was fate. lol
Loved the tender moments between these two.
The plot was way too complicated with all the lying and hiding. Too many variables.
I'm not satisfied with the worldbuilding either. And there are some questions I didn't get an answer to. Where did shifters come from? Were they born like that? What exactly happened with Jared and his ex, that made him hate shifters? We onl
Aeren
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
De 3.5 a 4. Bastante entretenida aunque el último tercio se me hizo aburridillo, abstenerse si no te va el insta-love y el tema soul-bound tan típico de este subgénero. A por el segundo casi seguro.
Rick
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have to admit I'd never read Annabelle Jacobs before I won this book. WELL, it will not be the last book by her that I read.
The characters were well written and likable, the secondary characters were as interesting as the main ones and I love it when you like the smaller characters in a book. To me it is so much more real.

I enjoyed Nathan and Jared so much the love/dislike was fun and not irritating.....and when it just became romance it was all the much more cool.

The only thing I didn't care
Eugenia
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, paranormal, shifter, uk
Great start to a shifter series!

Hot tension, fun to read, interesting shifter world building, no whiny characters. Totally worked for me. I thought I knew what the ending was going to be, but I was surprised....yay!
River
Nov 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
I really enjoyed this book! I haven't read many shifter books that I enjoyed so this one left a good taste in my mouth even if I ended up with a lot of questions.

I really hope the writer makes more books in this universe because I want more.
Cadiva
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyable read

I'm not usually a reader of shifter related books, Kendall McKenna's Tameness of the Wolf being the exception, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

While werewolf politics played the major role in the plot for this story, it wasn't the biggest driving force between the two MCs, that was firmly in the sexual attraction and tension front and it was very well done.

There are a few narrative plot points which don't get explained, like how Jared bought his Camden flat, worth nearly a
Amanda Jones
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, love
Gah!! Annabelle Jacobs and shifters!!?! Yess please!!!! (:

I adored this book!! Annabelle Jacobs has a take on shifters that's so fresh and bloody brilliant!! I loved this book!!! I just loved it!! I hope that little exchange at the end was a opening for a 2nd book???? Somebody please tell me that wasn't just wishful thinking and I imagined it!?!? I need more Annabelle Jacobs shifter books in my life!!!
⚣Michaelle⚣
3.7 Stars

So, like a lot of first books in a series this one introduced a ton of characters; and as I've said in other reviews for different books I think doing that somewhat detracts from the rest of the story...although, given how convoluted the reasoning for hiding things, for setting up a "fake boyfriend" type situation and going through all those detailed motions in this book to make it seem real, it's maybe a good thing I was distracted.

Yeah, yeah...okay could have been some heinous consequ
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
3.75 stars.

Out of all the PNR I've read recently this has to be the most different. And I did enjoy it, but didn't love it as much as I thought I would. The story was HOT and I actually liked the plot as well. The only problem that changed my rating? I couldn't connect to the characters as much as I wanted too.
Sheri
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
There are few paranormal authors that continue to keep the necessary fundamentals of shifting in play and add fresh new twists to their wolves, and Jacobs is most certainly one of them. I have come to rely on her wolves to keep me enthusiastically entertained and The Regent’s Park Pack pulled it off spectacularly. I was enthralled from the beginning to the end and could hardly stand the wait until the sequel was released. A flash of my inner needy-greedy reader blazed a time or two. I’m most def ...more
  • The Half Wolf
  • Unexpected Demands (Hidden Wolves, #2)
  • Duce (World's End #1)
  • Winter's Wolf (Tales of the Harker Pack, #3)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • Wolf of the Northern Star (The Wolfkin Saga #2)
  • Kick at the Darkness (Kick at the Darkness, #1)
  • The Tinder Chronicles: Complete 3-Volume Series
  • Finding Release (Wild R Farm, #1)
  • How to Walk like a Man (Howl at the Moon #2)
  • Rough Edges
  • Shift (Wolves of Hunter's Rock, #1)
  • Good Bones (Bones #1)
  • Demon Arms (The Paranormal Academy For Troubled Boys #1)
  • Strength of the Pack (The Tameness of the Wolf, #1)
  • Chasing Destiny (Silver Tip Pack, #2)
  • City Wolf (Axton & Leander, #2)
  • Omega's Breed (The Rogue Pack, #3)
Annabelle Jacobs lives in the South West of England with her three rowdy children, and two cats.

An avid reader of fantasy herself for many years, Annabelle now spends her days writing her own stories. They're usually either fantasy or paranormal fiction, because she loves building worlds filled with magical creatures, and creating stories full of action and adventure. Her characters may have a tou

Regent's Park Pack (5 books)
  • Bitten By Design (Regent's Park Pack, #2)
  • Bitten by Desire  (Regent's Park Pack, #3)
  • Bitten by the Alpha (Regent's Park Pack, #4)
  • Bitten By Fate (Regent's Park Pack, #6)