Start by marking “Bear to Need” as Want to Read:
Bear to Need

Bear to Need

(Kodiak Den #2)

Tattoo artist Juliet Bellamy found the perfect way to get over being dumped—spending one hot night with a sexy Special Forces soldier on leave from deployment, no strings attached, no numbers exchanged. And it worked. Right up until she realized the rugged werebear left her with a little surprise. And now Juliet’s been on the hunt for the handsome shifter ever since the st ...more
Published July 5th 2016 by Productive Ink Media

To ask other readers questions about Bear to Need, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bear to Need

Start your review of Bear to Need
Fiona Fog
I've only just discovered Amy Lamont and she doesn't disappoint. Her shifter books are different from others I've read but it delivers.

When Juliet discovers she's pregnant. She's shocked to say the least. Her last sexual encounter was over seven months ago. How it that even possible? That she's only two months pregnant.

A night of pure passion with Mason a bear shifter on leave thats how.

Mason never forgot that night. But being in a bad place at the time when he met Juliet and only on leave he ha
Cheesecake
My first time reading this author but won't be my last. One of those nice quick reads I love to keep on my phone.
Juliet and Mason had a ONS when they were both suffering emotionally for different reasons. Months later they still think about each other, but she is in Louisiana and he is in Alaska. Miraculously Juliet finds that she is pregnant under very peculiar circumstances. The only possibility is Mason, so she pulls up roots and buses it out to Alaska.
There's some nice world building where
Scrap
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review

OMG this book was so very good, better than book 1! I fell in lust with Mason in book one but now it is love lol

Juliet had no idea what was happening to her but her best friend thinks she is pregnant, which Juliet knows is impossible, because her last sexual experience was 7 months ago, a one night stand with the HOT as sin Mason. I loved loved loved the twist on the pregnancy. Juliet has to find Mason and let him know he is going to be a father
Expresso
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What occurs in the dark will eventually come to light! In Mason's case a one night stand with his mate several months ago.

Mason is struck dumb when he is called to the Sheriff's station for a possible missing person case. Coincidence? Uhhhhhh no.

Juliet has been searching for her lover and now that she's back where she belongs, the past rears its ugly head and nearly ruin everything! Mason and Juliet are walking on eggshells around their issues and only something drastic will make them run not w
Ana
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh What A Night......

Captain Mason Hunter wants to forget a mission gone wrong because of bad intel, so he takes off for some R&R and drown his anger in party town New Orleans...He has a very intense and passionate night in the arms of a beautiful southern gal, never imaging that it would haunt him for months.

Juliet wants to drown out her cheating boyfriend and has her first one night stand in the arms of the hot Captain, so much so that she's never been with another. She can never forget that n
Claire
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
cute! short and sweet complete story within a series with a HEA. nothing in it not to like!
Pam
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I've only read a few books from this genre, the series from Elena Aitken & book 1 from Amy Lamont. If they are all this hot, I may have to read some by other authors! Amy has brought her emotional writing style to this new genre. Juliet is a tattoo artist who has her first one night stand with a soldier on leave who is HOT! Now, 7 months later, she isn't feeling well & her friend insists she is pregnant. After visiting a doctor to confirm the diagnosis, Juliet levels with him that her last ...more
Betty
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ABSOLUTELY ENDEARING CHARACTERS!

AMY LAMONT has delivered a sweet,heartwarming shifter romance. For a change of pace with just about their relationship developing through all the doubts ,questions concerning when and how to that can arise in a couple's hopefully finding their HEA. I know you will find it enjoyable experience for yourself too! I'm going to be reading the next addition to this enjoyable series by Amy Lamont. I recommend you check it out for yourself and enjoy this wonderfully sweet
megan wykle
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
The second in amazing series. I loved the characters and the plot. Juliet and Mason have amazing chemistry. I cannot wait for the next story.
Lola Donnelley
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read!!!

I really enjoyed reading this series so far!! Juliet and Mason have a lot of adjusting to do to make their family complete. I'm sure you will enjoy reading it as much as I did!
Cynthia L. Turner
Sweet!

Acute little novella about a lonely bear shifter, Mason and an orphan lady named Juliet. There story is sweet with a gentle plot of getting to know each other when Juliet gets pregnant. The dialogue is tender and gentle. A good read on an afternoon or evening.
Patricia H. Phelps
Amy Lamont rocks!

This was one of th e most enjoyable romances I have ever read. Looking forward to Moe by Amy Lamont!!!
Racy
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have feel in love with this series so much that my mission has been to read all the books in the series.

I found the situation surrounding Juliet interesting. I found it funny that she argued with her best friend and doctor when when they told her she was pregnant. I found the situation interesting that she had not had sex for several months and now finds herself 2 months pregnant. Let me tell you Juliet became a very protective momma bear right off the bat.

I have loved Mason’s character when
Dana Busenbark
Before I even get 10% of the way into the book, I'm having to chuckle at Juliet. She's going to be a hoot to read in this book. Especially when it comes to Mason, whom she hasn't seen for months! What happens when she goes into the Doctor's office because she is not feeling well? Who is Kendra? What does Kendra tell her? When she finds herself sitting in the Kodiak Police Department, waiting for the Captain to come back, what is she thinking? What happens when the Captain calls Mason, because Ju ...more
Diana Page
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Juliet and Mason's story starts out as a one night stand while Mason is on liberty from the military. Little do they know he left behind the gift that keeps on giving with an implantation day 5 Months after they have sex !!! Talk about werebear physiology !! Juliet goes looking for her would be Romeo to tell him he's going to be a daddy and that's when things start really heating up . Juliet has a very hard time trusting people, so needless to say when some catty female shifters say some unkind ...more
Janet Hendricks
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars!

This is a lovely story about delayed love and finding your way home. Mason and Juliet barely know each other when surprising circumstances throw them together again after seven months apart. Can they use their strong physical attraction to each other to overcome their fears and misunderstandings to build a happy, loving family? I very much enjoyed reading this book to find out. If you like sexy shifter books with unexpected twists and turns, I think you'll enjoy reading this story, too.
Raven Lancaster
Delivers on the hot and steamy but...

Super short and full of cliches. It would have been nice to see some character and plot development. It was so short it felt like it belongs on a fan fiction blog; I'm glad it was a Kindle freebie. It wasn't good enough to make me want to read any of the others. The ending was pathetically weak and seemed like the author got bored. The only high point was not teasing us with the build-up of sex and then failing to deliver it like a bad lover who pulls out rig
Jo-ann
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A one night stand leads to something more.....

Juliet and Mason had a one night stand seven months earlier when he was on leave in New Orleans, now she finds out she is two months pregnant. When she gets to Kodiak and lets Mason know, things seem to be going right, until her fears start coming through. Can Mason get Juliet to understand that she is his is mate?

A wonderful story full of adventure and misunderstanding of a culture.

Jo-Ann Doyle
Cheryl
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is Mason and Juliet's story . Months after a one night stand Juliet gets one heck of a shock ! She is now actively hunting him down . Mason cannot stop thinking about the woman whom helped him during leave more than she could ever know and plans on hunting her down when he walks into the PD and finds her sitting waiting to get help to find him ! Man the shocks in this one will blow you away ! Well written and recommended .
Minga Dotson
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A chance meeting between two hurt people ends up proofing that they are true mates.

The story is good, a bit short, but good. However, the author needs to do better in the proofreading/editing stage to catch the multiple word choice errors, tense errors, and other problems that should have been fixed before publishing (like saying "!ean. ed down" when he has moved under her). There were errors in book 1, but nowhere near as many as in this second book.
Stephanne88
Mixed

Liked the storyline but there were a lot of grammatical errors. Reads like a new author that has good ideas, just needs a little more development and proof reading. I think the most important thing to state is that I read the the first two books in the series and will continue reading this series!
Karen J Shields
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bear Shifters Forever

It's not that I don't love werewolves and dragons, WereBears are the best. My heart beats faster when I read about them. This book does it again, patty pat pat pat. You should read it. Does it seem like fewer bear shifter books are being written lately? Come on authors, send us more!
Caro
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. This was well written and pulled me in from the beginning. It throws you in kinda at the deep end. Great for passing time, but it will suck you in, so beware. I loved the creativity, imagination, emotions, personalities, steaminess, courage, strength, spunk, and the perfect HEA for this couple. Great for anytime reading and for the snuggle-in-cozy read. Enjoy!
April
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Juliette had a one night encounter with Mason Hunter in New Orleans. He is a bear shifter. Seven months later she is pregnant. There is kind of a weird late implantation thing that apparently can happen with bears and so Juliette is only two months pregnant. She goes to Kodiak, Alaska to find Mason. They get together.
aãmmÿ
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
The second story in this series and a fantastic edition to the story. It was great to see the progression of Kaden & Alyssa but even better reading about Mason & Juliet. Despite the length of this book their relationship had a wonderful slow burn bought together by an unexpected pregnancy and the unusual twist to the shifter genre. ...more
Sheila Brown
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great seguel to Kodiak Den series

This was a very sweet, feel good read. I knew Mason was a good guy/bear from book #1 but when Juliet showed up on his doorstep, it was all love. A must read if you want to smile, get a tad frustrated with silly men..oh and great sex!
Susan Otto
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kodiak Den shifter / human Romance

In Kodiak, Alaska one of the ex-military shifter finds a human woman that he made pregnant 8 months ago, but she is only 3 months pregnant.

You'll have to read about these characters and plot. This unique story is a must-read for paranormal readers.

bookwormsuxy
Shannon
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and romantic

You fall for a strong guy who is manly in knowing what he wants and not afraid to seek out the woman who left a memory that wont go away! Who knew she could carry a shifter and who had hidden abilities. A quick and interesting read
Melissa Headrick
One night stand of a lifetime

I don't usually like the out of the blue baby mama stories but the Kodiak stories have a way if being very endearing. Amy's style speaks to my heart everytime.
Alethia
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, fun, and sassy. This book has a lot of fun characters and interesting ways for Juliet and Mason to get together and grow. Loved the whole journey they took, but the epilogue was my favorite. A fun shifter story.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Cherished Mate (Cybermates, #1)
  • Bear-ly Pregnant (Bear-ly, #4)
  • Snowed In With The Pack (Broken Ladder Wolf-Shifters, #1)
  • Charmed Mate (Cybermates #2)
  • Purrfectly Mated (Paranormal Dating Agency / Maverick Pride, #1)
  • Triplet Time (Triplets, #1)
  • Gray (Alpha Geek, #3)
  • Bear Home for Christmas (Christmas Bear Shifter Romance, #1)
  • Chased Mate (Cybermates #3)
  • Hill Bear Christmas
  • Bring to Bear (Paranormal Dating Agency, #24)
  • Brent (Alpha Geek, #4)
  • Tactical Bear (P.O.L.A.R., #4)
  • The Grisly Grizzlies: Lachlan (The Grizzly Bear Shifters of Redemption Creek, #1)
  • Bear Skin (Bear Fursuits, #5)
  • Scent of a Mate (Sassy Mates, #1)
  • Broken Lynx (Green Valley Shifters, #5)
  • Bad Kitty

USA Today bestselling author Amy Lamont writes steamy contemporary and paranormal romance filled with quirky heroines, alpha heroes, and always a happily ever after. Whether she’s writing about world-weary billionaires or rugged bear shifters, she loves nothing more than delivering stories with just as much heart as heat.

Amy lives in a small town outside of New York City with her husband, twin dau

Kodiak Den (5 books)
  • Bear to Want: Kodiak Den #1 (Alaskan Den Men Book 2)
  • Bear to Love: Kodiak Den #3 (Alaskan Den Men Book 8)
  • Bear for Christmas: Kodiak Den #4 (Alaskan Den Men Book 15)
  • Bear to Have and Hold