Start by marking “The Cosy Christmas Teashop” as Want to Read:
The Cosy Christmas Teashop

The Cosy Christmas Teashop (The Cosy Teashop #2)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  1,293 Ratings  ·  115 Reviews

‘Cakes, castles and oodles of charm: this book is huge fun and pure escapism’ Cathy Bramley

From sleigh bells to wedding bells . . .

After a rocky start, Ellie Hall baked her way into everyone’s hearts at Claverham Castle – even the miserly Lord Henry was won over – and the run-down teashop regained its old sparkle.

Now Ellie has upgraded cupcakes for fairytale masterpieces a

Published October 14th 2016 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about The Cosy Christmas Teashop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cosy Christmas Teashop

Obsidian
Nov 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Squints real hard.

So this is not going to be pretty.

Look away, look away.

This book was awful. Let's ignore the typos galore, the freaking continuity errors, the lack of dialogue that was happening. This was barely a Christmas book. At this time of the year, I freaking crave Christmas romance books. I can't help it. It gets me in the holiday mood. I love to decorate, put on some carols, drink some alcoholic eggnog and just relax. Reading this book at 11 p.m. and finishing it up around 3 a.m. just
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Castle, tea, family, Christmas, weddings.

It's fair to say that I missed Claverham Castle.

Caroline Roberts writes the setting in the most amazing way - when I'm reading I can always perfectly see what the characters can. I love the colloquialisms, they really bring the region to life between the pages.

This book is a little roller-coaster of emotions, with ups and downs, hilarity and heart-break.
Elle's Book Blog
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chicklit
Release Date: October 14, 2016
Genre: Chick Lit

This is a sweet and charming novel and I really enjoyed being able to get reacquainted with Ellie, Joe, and the Teashop family. While I wish this book was much more holiday themed, I enjoyed it none the less and can certainly recommend it to fellow readers. For those who are wondering, this is the second book in the series and if interested, you should read The Cosy Teashop In the Castle prior to this one.
Karen Mace
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbr, e-books, netgalley
I received a copy of this via NetGalley and the publishers in return for a fair and honest review

Over the moon to be travelling back to Claverham Castle and the urge to eat even more Lemon Drizzle cake than ever before is back - all thanks to this wonderful tale!!

Adored reading The Cosy Teashop in the Castle and the return is just as wonderful! Lovely to catch up with the goings on at the castle and its' wonderful teashop, and to see how Ellie and Joe are getting on and how married life is trea
Rachel Gilbey
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Cosy Tea Shop gets even better in this festive sequel. Set 5 years after the first book, Claverham Castle are now offering weddings, and Ellie is starting to cater for some of them, as well as be a wedding organiser. She and Joe are also really hoping to hear the sound of tiny feet in the near future, but that side of things aren't going as smoothly.

Food is a big part of this book, from the delicious cakes in the tea shop, to the main courses being created for some of the wedding parties. H
Kristin Davison
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, rom-com-reads
I would like to thank Netgalley and Harper Collins for the opportunity to read this book.
This is a sweet little story that does a good attempt at diversity. However the dialogue can fall flat at times, the story is also simple and repetitive at times. Some points are not emotive at all and too many exclamation marks are used. The ending was a bit more emotive, but then went into a boring epilogue.

·102 pages read
·Read a book that came out this October
·A blue book

= 112 house points

#HHCup #SHHC
Mandy Radley
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
As usual with these types of books, I call fluffies, very predictable. We meet Ellie again in her castle tea shop, the business is doing well, they are now hosting weddings and craft fairs. There's issues in her personal life. All ends well, a light easy read when you're fighting bugs caught from your partner. All I can say is thank god I had the flu jab and haven't gone down with the full on flu like he did 😷.
Theresa Smith Writes
The Cosy Christmas Teashop is a nice little feel good read, but that’s really about the sum of it for me. Despite all of the gorgeous food being created and the frantic wedding planning going on, nothing actually seems to ever happen, and while the second half of the novel is set at Christmas time, it’s not a Christmas story, at least, not in the way I expected it to be. Written as a follow up to The Cosy Teashop in the Castle, I expect the intent of this novel was to give fans of the first a pe ...more
Suze Lavender
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ellie's Teashop in the Castle is a big success. She's glad she took the chance five years ago and set it up. Now she has a flourishing business and a wonderful husband. Ellie's is a lot more experienced and she has the confidence to try new things. She's even started planning weddings and enjoys it immensely. Except maybe when she's dealing with bridezilla. Will Ellie be able to make this horrible bride's wishes come true?

Ellie and Joe were perfectly happy, but a setback has disrupted their dail
Kate
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** 3.5 out of 5 stars***
The Cosy Christmas Teashop is the second book by Caroline Roberts to feature Ellie and the teashop at Claverham Castle in Northumberland, but fear not, if like me you are in the mood for a light festive read this can easily be read without having read The Cosy Teashop in the Castle.

As well as running the teashop at the castle, Ellie is also the wedding planner/coordinator, a role that causes her no end of stress when it comes to one particular wedding. Juggling the weddi
Armelle
Jan 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Likable characters in a great setting, but an awkwardly fragmented and repetitive writing style makes this continuation of Ellie's and Joe's story a less enjoyable read than it could have been.

There's not a lot of plot here. Ellie and Joe have been married for a couple of years, and are ready to move on to the next stage-becoming parents. Most of the book, though, is simply a report of how Ellie spends her days -running the tea shop in the castle and organizing weddings. Of course, bridezillla m
Amanda
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really loved visiting the teashop in the castle again. Admittedly, it was all about Christmas but it was great to catch up with the warm, friendly characters that you desperately want to exist.

I can't wait to hear more from Caroline Roberts and hope one day I can find the recipe for After Eight Brownies!
Suzie
Jan 08, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was really disappointed. It felt like I was being told facts about the characters rather than reading their story. I really struggled with this one, and never really felt it got going.
Stephanie
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own-read
This book is the second in the series, and I have to say, I really liked it! Even more than the first one, especially the Weddings in the book were amazing. It was a lovely read and even had like a turning point, that I didnt expect in this kind of light hearted book! I really enjoyed it till the end!

Dieses Buch ist das zweite Buch aus der Reihe und ich muss sagen, es hat mir sehr gut gefallen, sogar noch besser als das erste! Am Anfang war es sehr vorhersehbar, so wie das erste auch, aber dann
Sam
Dec 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit, fiction
Not really my cup of tea.... I struggled to get into this book, and thought the story was lacking depth and direction. I haven't read the first book though, so maybe I would've enjoyed it more if I had?
Lauren Tess'x
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely book. I loved being back in the castle with all the characters. Definitely a recommended Christmas read and one that holds a special place in my heart. I loved it, well deserved 5 stars.
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Thank you to Harper Impulse for letting me take part in this tour. I read The Cosy Teashop in the Castle earlier in the year and adored it so when the opportunity to be in this tour came up I knew I had to sign up.

This book is set 5 years after the first book. Ellie and Joe are happily marr
Gem ~ Bee
Dec 04, 2016 rated it liked it
The positives for me of this book was that it was jam-packed with delicious food and baking which is a big thumbs up, the characters are loveable and despite not reading the initial book in the Castle teashop series it didn't matter as all relevant points are covered so the plot flows smoothly with a good idea of the characters and their backgrounds.
A big negative for me is difficult to discuss without revealing spoilers but suffice to say I don't like personally to read about misery and traged
Nicola Clough
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read for this time of year and lovely to hear more of Ellie and her tea shop in the castle. She is now married and wants to start a family but do things go to plan or are they set for heartbreak. She is still doing the weddings and they are really taking off and she has a lady who wants everything and can the day go to plan. Sadly another wedding is cancelled as the groom has a bad accident but then he wants to surprise his wife to be with a Christmas wedding. A really easy read and lo ...more
Sophie
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Repetitive and fluffy. Not even really based at Christmas. There was a lot of talk about lemon drizzle and not really enough about some serious parts that happened.

Haven’t read the first one but with the amount of repetitive lines I know pretty much exactly what happened in it, bet there were some lemon drizzle in it too!

Not bad but not excellent. Although the food descriptions were excellent and made me hungry every time I read.
Gemma
I really liked this book, even though I hadn't read the first one. It was nice to see what happens after the Happy Ever After and it was something really different. Joe and Ellie really are a sweet couple and I got behind them very quickly.

Side note:- By the time I finished the book, I really wanted to visit a stately home, preferably during a Christmas fair and it had to have a Teashop. (Side note:- I have found one, funnily enough, happening in November.
Bev
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh how lovely it's been to renew my acquaintance with Ellie and Joe and read what happened after the happy ending! I've had a lousy cold this week and staying in bed reading this cosy story has made it more bearable. I think I definitely need to do some baking this weekend though, the descriptions of all the goodies baked and sold in the castle tea shop have had my mouth watering and my tummy rumbling. A wonderful, seasonal read to get you in the Christmas spirit.
Sarah Lee
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed The Cosy TeaShop in the Castle by Caroline Roberts so was looking forward to The Cosy Christmas Tea Shop. It did not disappoint. You don't need to read the first novel to enjoy this. It continues the story Of Ellie and events happening at the castle. Christmas, a castle and weddings, what's not to love?
Emily
Dec 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2016
One of the worst books every written, bar none. Banal, shallow, insipid, poorly written, with a non existent plot. I was looking for a fun holiday read. Still looking...

If you want a delightful Christmas book snag Skipping Christmas by John Grisham.
Scarie
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book just didn't do it for me. It was all too nice and neat. Quite unrealistic and just kinda schmaltzy. Which I know Christmas fiction can be but this was just sickly sweet. It did make me hungry though because the food descriptions were brilliant
Dec 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
Utter shite.
Jane Hunt
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow
Paula Nichols
Dec 08, 2017 rated it liked it
I know this author is still new, and I'm not sure how many books she has written, (but the acknowledgements make reference to some new author groups), but this was an OK book.

This was an easy read (hence the speed of finishing it), and was entertaining even though I haven't read the first book. The story and characters were engaging, and for a seasonal book it did hit the mark. Of course, there are 'buts' - else why a 3 star review? Well there were a few typos, but I have read worse culprits on
Linda
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Ellie Hall is the owner and proprietor of The Cosy Teashop and loves every minute of it. While the teashop is within the grounds of Claverham Castle and the castle and grounds are owned by Lord Henry, her father-in-law, he is amenable to most things that occur on site because it is the only income they all have. As Ellie branches out into wedding planning she experiences one setback when a couple she considers as her friends have to postpone their wedding as the groom was in a terrible motorcycl ...more
Michele Meyers
Feb 09, 2017 rated it liked it
A lot to Get Through

Uh -- nice book. The beginning was good, but just past the middle the unrealistic takes over the happy glow. One gets awfully tired of hearing how wonderful and gorgeous Ellie's husband is, we know, we know. Her amazing fortune at being tucked in a world where she seems to be the center of everyone's world. I guess there's a time and place for this genre, but perhaps I chose incorrectly. The story felt much too long, too forced, too contrived and too much. I generally enjoy t
Family, friends, food, a glass of bubbly and, of course, a good book make me smile. I love writing emotional stories about love, loss, betrayal, and family, that explore how complex and yet beautiful love can be. I also like to write romantic comedy, letting the characters have a bit of flirty fun too! I believe in following your dreams and working hard towards them, which led me to Harper Impulse ...more
More about Caroline Roberts

The Cosy Teashop (2 books)
  • The Cosy Teashop in the Castle

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
“fresh” 0 likes