Start by marking “Coaching the Bear (Bear Shifter Games #1)” as Want to Read:
Coaching the Bear (Bear Shifter Games #1)

(Bear Shifter Games #1)

A debonair billionaire struggling to improve his company. A voluptuous personal trainer with nothing left to lose. Can their passion save the people they love?

Handsome bear shifter Walter has the vision and drive to save his family’s company, but not the power. After months of watching his older, playboy brother, Raymond, destroy the family business, a drunken bet finally
Published June 10th 2016 by AJ Tipton Enterprises, LLC (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Coaching the Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coaching the Bear

Start your review of Coaching the Bear (Bear Shifter Games #1)
Krissy
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
The audiobook narrator, Audrey Lusk, was almost unBEARable.

(see what I did there?)
Lynn Smith
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coaching the Bear

Cute short paranormal story. Raymond is closing resorts. After Katherine losses her job she is determined to tell that man what a mistake he made. Then she meets Walter, Raymond' s brother. A bet is made.
Jean
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it

A Betting Bear..

Walter, the main lead, has a chance at saving the Family Business.

The female lead, Katherine, and her recent job loss.

She is determined to give her ex-boss, Raymond, a piece of her mind until she is distracted by a tall gorgeous stranger who is vaguely familiar.

Everyone is disappointed with Raymond and before anyone realizes, bets are made, and the winner will take all.

The story line picks up from there with a bet and some games.

This was a short interesting read about
Jolie
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you want a short story that is crammed full of sex, action and intrigue….then this is the short story to read. I have read novels that were 500+ pages (two back to back and yes for review) so this is exactly what I needed.

Katherine was amazing!!! She was willing to go and tell off the owner of the resort chain, who closed down the resort she worked at. What she didn’t count on was his very hot younger brother to get involved and back her up. I think my mouth would have hit the floor if that
Michelle Rae
Oct 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I listened to the audiobook version. I found this a fun and enjoyable read/listen. The story is a solid 3.5 or 4-stars and I even found myself laughing out loud in a few places. The author does a good job with the characters and pacing of the story. I liked the humor and interaction between the two MCs. But in honesty, I would have liked a little more tension between them. However, the interaction with Raymond, the MCs brother and our villian, helped to create drama.

I did struggle with the
Lynelle Clark
I received a copy of the book from the author for an honest review.

I must confess that I was disappointed. I was led to believe that this is a shape-shifter story similar to Nicky Charles books. I simply love Nicky Charles books, she basically introduced me to shapeshifters and I fell in love with the genre from that day onward.

Ms Tipton's book does not even come close to that. Although is a great plot with believable characters I was waiting for the shifting to take place. For bears to collide
Angela Lover  of all Books No Matter How Horrid They Are ❤❂☠
So this book is about 2 hours long in audiobook. The narrator was okay and the story was a smutfest. The story tried really hard to not be overly smutty but the one scene and the way that the characters talked about sex made its smutty.

There was actually some plot but the plot did not end up working well with the story. I don't know what it is but something just seemed off and I could never get into this book. Both of the characters, Katherine and Walter, we're just odd. They didn't really have
United Indie Book Blog
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I've volunteered to review this book for United Indie Book Blog. This is my first time reading one of AJ Tipton books. I loved the story of Katherine and Walter. This shifter story that centers around two brothers and a luxury resort company. There is drama and humor, love and lust, and a hero that you can't help but love. I would definitely recommend this one. It's a very easy and relaxing book to read. If you want a short story that is crammed full of sex, action and intrigue. Then ...more
Chantelle Bouffanie
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I've volunteered to review this book for United Indie Book Blog. This is my first time reading one of AJ Tipon books. I loved the story of Katherine and Walter. This shifter story that centers around two brothers and a luxury resort company. There is drama and humor, love and lust, and a hero that you can't help but love. I would definitely recommend this one. It's a very easy and relaxing book to read. If you want a short story that is crammed full of sex, action and intrigue. Then ...more
Victoria Haugen
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This isn't my usual genre, but I really enjoyed the listen.

It was entertaining, well written and FUN.
When two brothers battle for control of the family company, anything can happen, and usually does.
Especially when there's a lovely, strong lady in the mix.

I'm on to read more in the series, really liked it!
Narration was awesome!!
Definitely recommended - short & sweet in all the right places ;)
I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.
Tammy
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Got for an honest review.

I loved the story. Thought it was well written. Loved the characters of the story. Katherine helps coach Walter to win the race against his brother. The chemistry between them starts to heat up the pages as they fight it while training. Had to laugh over the stuff that makes shifters burp butterflies. Loved it. The two of them can also can heat up pages to burst them into flames, from being so hot.

Thank you for letting me read your stories.
Ashley Hedden
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Coaching the Bear by AJ Tipton was a great read. Walter is a bear shifter who wants to save his family business. His brother Raymond has been running the business into the ground. They decide to do the shifter games to find out who will run the business. Walter needs Katherine to train him for the games. I loved reading this book.
Slb
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book

Good story and telling with characters to love, to hate, to wonder about, nice setup and plots. Very easy and relaxing read. Romance with a bit of sex. A boo!k that left me with a feel good and a smile.
Deborah
Sep 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Don't waste your time.

Don't waste your time reading this book. It was very predictable making it boring. I can't believe this book has such a high rating. This author obviously has 90 something friends.
Diane Werning
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Coaching The Bear

This was worth the five stars,lots of laughs and shifters running an obstacle course.One of the shifters is running the race for the company his brother is ruining.Buy the book it's worth it.
Teresa Anderson
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was good light reading. It gives off a Rocky vibe with the hero of the story finding love and saving the day.
Miss Kitten’s Corner
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Best book I have ever read so far by A. J. Tipton! Hope the series gets better throughout each book! I AM SURE TO READ THE NEXT BOOK SOON!
Jade Zex
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was ok

The shifter races were a cool idea. Pretty straight forward plot. Not much depth to the characters but all in all an ok story.
RaChelle Holmberg
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
absolutely sweet read, pretty darn exciting, I quite enjoyed it!
Luz Al Saud
Dec 24, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
los juegos de los transmutadores?? o.O osea los juegos del hambre? jajajaja me agradaría más si hubiese puesto la palabra Cambiantes en vez de transmutadores pfff
Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books
DNF......COME ON, the book is barely (no pun intended) two hours and I could NOT bare it. LOL, okay, I meant that one. The story needs work and the narrator is AWFUL. O.M.G., just AWFUL.
Natalie
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Coaching the Bear

The witches should have turned Raymond into a toad, slimy shifter. I loved how Walter and Katherine came together. Great book to read.
Tina Pegar
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very sexy and highly enjoyable story. This would have fit nicely in Shelley Laurentian's universe. It has an interesting storyline and lots of characters to get to know.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a fair review
Nina DuBois
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating: 4.30

What I can I say? I really enjoyed this book. I dove deep into the pages of this book and refused to come up for air. That is until I read it to the very last page. I read this book in like an hour and a half and have no regrets ignoring my daily duties in life to read this excellent book in one sitting.

I love anything paranormal and have have read a variety of shifter novels. But when AJ asked me to review this
Jeanette Kelley
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't stop smiling!!

This was such a great short book. Funny as can be. I loved the characters and the plot was awesome! To find out why the resort she grew up in and worked at closed and he hotel family out of their jobs, Kathryn a sassy bear shifter goes to the owner to find out what's up. There she finds more than answers and a whole lot more. You will truly enjoy this fun loving shifter adventure.
Julie Jefferies
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Katherine has conned her friend Sylvester into introducing her to his boss Raymond Bellwether after her closed the resort she worked at, what she didn't expect was to see the most shifters shed ever seen gathered in one place, competing in the shifter games.while sitting in at the bar waiting for Raymond to come in, an attractive man sat down near her and Katherine couldn't help admire the view. Katherine introduced herself and was surprised to learn that the man she was speaking to was Walter ...more
Speed
****Received this story in exchange for an honest review****
This was a very sweet and short read. The story starts off with a shifter race that every shifter can participate in. Katherine, our heroine, comes to battle with billionaire Raymond over the fact that he closed down the resort she worked in for no good reason. Walter, Raymond's younger brother, interferes and dares his brother that he can beat him in the next shifter race and that he would have control over all the resorts. Katherine a
E Reader
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a fun and entertaining shifter story. You have two brothers, one who is the head of the company but is also putting it out of business. The other brother has ideas to get the company back on track, with no power. Then the place a bet and if Walter wins he gets the company, the only issue is he has to win the Shifter Games and his brother has beaten him every time. That is until he meets Katherine, a personal trainer that lost her job due to Walter's brother's negligence. Can ...more
Sherry Westendorf
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. What fun they had with themselves, training and the race. It was an enjoyable read and I couldn't put it down. I recommend it. A hot bear shifter. I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Dorothy
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great sit on the edge of your seat book. This is a short book about two brothers, Walter and Raymond, who are shifters.
The author was very good in capturing so much with a short story. I cannot wait to read his next book.
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Holly Jolly Lycan Christmas (True Mates, #7)
  • Bad Blood Bear (Bad Blood Shifters, #1)
  • Jaxson (Riverwise Private Security, #1)
  • All I Want For Christmas is a Werewolf (Changeling Encounters, #3)
  • Kissed by the Cowbear (Curvy Bear B&B, #1)
  • Trusting the Tiger
  • The Billionaire Shifter's Secret Baby (Billionaire Shifters Club, #4)
  • The Billionaire Shifter's Virgin Mate (Billionaire Shifters Club, #2)
  • Untamed Virgins (Mountain Men of Bear Valley #1)
  • The Cowbear's Secret Christmas Baby (Curvy Bear Ranch, #1)
  • The Cowboy's Secret Bride (Turners vs Coopers, #1)
  • Rescue Bear: Cortez (Silvertip Shifters, #3)
  • A Bear's Protection (Shifter Country Bears, #1)
  • Ruckus (SEAL Team Alpha #1)
  • Bearing Secrets (High House Ursa, #1)
  • Merry Inkmas
  • Chasing Charis (The Cartharian Series, #1)
  • Phoenix Aglow (Alpha Phoenix, #1)
AJ Tipton is a writing team: Annie and Jess (Get it? "AJ"). Based in Brooklyn with the greatest dog in the world as our mascot, we love to create fun romances that astound, amuse and arouse. Our romances are steamy and paranormal, with strong heroes saving the day through extraordinary adventures.

Check out our FREE novella, Coaching the Bear, for a taste of what our magical worlds have to offer!

Bear Shifter Games (4 books)
  • Die Eroberung des Bären (Die Bärenwandlerspiele #2)
  • Die Bärenfängerin (Die Bärenwandlerspiele #3)
  • Christmas with the Bear (Bear Shifter Games #4)