Start by marking “Closer by Morning” as Want to Read:
Closer by Morning

Closer by Morning

Passion and love bring them together. Murder could tear them apart.

When Matt Blyth, a handsome young lawyer, joins an early morning boot camp, all he wants is to get in shape. His thirtieth birthday is approaching fast. He’s ready to throw away the past and embrace a new future. The last thing he expects is to fall in love…or become embroiled in murder.

Dale Zachary, an Ame
Published August 9th 2016 by Pride Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Closer by Morning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Closer by Morning

Ajax1978
Aug 16, 2016 rated it liked it
This one was all over the place. Murder mystery. Pulpy purple prose romance. A touch of horror. Told from the point of view of too many characters. Once the murderer got his own POV and it was no longer a mystery I kinda stopped caring and just finished it to see how it would all turn out. I enjoyed the first 40% a whole lot more than what followed.
Lisa The Novel Approach
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Closer by Morning is a debut murder mystery for author Thom Collins. This is excellently written and one of the most intense murder mysteries that I’ve read in a while. To give fair warning, there’s a heart stopping scene where you know abuse and rape are going to take place, and there’s nothing you can do to stop it.

Matt Blyth is a well put together character. He’s out, he has a great job, and at times has to deal with irate clients. He seems to have his life in firm order.

Dale Zachary is an up
Susan65
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Star review by The blogger Girls

This story had me all twisted up. I loved the mystery. I loved the premise. I loved being wrong about the murderer and was surprised when my top two suspects were exonerated and one even ended up being a victim himself. I loved the relationship between Dale and Matt. And I was crushed for Conrad. But…

I struggled with the writing style, and I have a very difficult time reading books where every character has their own point of view. I really, really, do not lik
Joyfully Jay
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

Closer By Morning was an excellent book and I devoured it in one sitting. Matt and Dale were written well. A lot of times, the MCs in a romance/murder mystery can be flat, but Dale and Matt were great…hot, sexy, smart, and vulnerable at the same time. I liked how even though their relationship began rather quickly, it didn’t feel like it was being shoved in my face. I’m a romantic at heart, and I firmly believe in love at first sight, so I was totally on board wit
Maryann Kafka
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a very well constructed and intense murder mystery written by Thom Collins. My only disappointment was that I purchased this book from Pride as an early release and there are some normal editing issues. But two items I felt really need to be corrected. One of them was major to me because the police officer was addressed by the murderers last name. I just felt the author Thom Collins should have his work respected by the editor.
Ashley E
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a really good suspense novel. Although it becomes clear quickly enough who the bad guy is, the enjoyment is in watching the murderer draw closer as the heroes struggle to figure out what's happening and deal with their own more mundane worries. Dale and Matt are lovely characters, and even though they declare their feelings quickly, it doesn't feel rushed at all. My one issue with this book was the occasional unnecessary info-dump, especially at the beginning. Overall, a wonderful thrill ...more
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
Romance--eh....a bit to much insta-love, but I was happy for them.
Dale with his ex and kid were cute.
I wanted to scream when a side character refused to trust his instincts.
Slow start, but once the ball started rolling, I enjoyed it quite a bit.
One the action was over, the story just kinda summed up everything really quick. Which is fine, I don't think it would have held up my interest once the big bad wasn't there to be the big and bad.

Kristy Johnston
I didn't care for all the changing points of view through out the book nor for the fact that the killer's identity was revealed at ~60% of the way through the book. I went ahead and finished it but I thought about putting it down at that point. Just not my cup of tea.
Misty

** 3.5 Stars **
Morningstar
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book: Closer by Morning
Author: Thom Collins
Rating: 5 Stars

I have a love/hate relationship with scary movies and stories. I live for the excitement of trying to figure out the who done it, the sitting on the edge of my seat feeling, the pounding of my heart when the bad is closing to getting the good guy. But on the other side of all that is the emotional roller coaster that’s the after effect that can last a while after the movie/story is over. I typically read more on the tame side of the spect
Nat ReadingAllNite
2.5 stars only because I read the whole thing.

I feel compelled to offer a warning to other readers. Not really a spoiler, as I won't say who or where in the book it occurs. There is a very bloody, violent scene in the book, which includes a brutal rape. The act itself is obscured, but not the events before or after. I have a rather strong stomach but it was disturbing even to me.

Aside from that, it really wasn't a great read. It was written technically well, apart from a number of editing errors
Debra
Vicki Wedgbury
Aug 16, 2016
Parody
Apr 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the idea of this book, but it had a little to much purple prose and insta love for me to rate it any higher than 3 stars.
Susan Clerou
Aug 24, 2017
Leslie
Aug 07, 2016
PRM
rated it did not like it
Nov 28, 2016
Erica
SHAYE
Nicky
Aug 10, 2016
Thom Collins is the author of the novel Closer by Morning, with Pride Publishing. His love of page turning thrillers began at an early age when his mother caught him reading the latest Jackie Collins book and promptly confiscated it, sparking a life-long love of raunchy novels.
His novella Silent Voices will be published by Pride in May, followed by the novel Anthem of the Sea, the first book in th