Start by marking “The Viscount Meets His Match (Glass Slipper Brides #6)” as Want to Read:
The Viscount Meets His Match (Glass Slipper Brides #6)

The Viscount Meets His Match (Glass Slipper Brides #6)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Previously published as "Much Ado About Nuptials" in the anthology The Wedding Season

Sebastian Viscount Benedict knows from bitter experience that marrying a woman of lower rank and fortune brings nothing but heartache. He is determined to prevent his beloved brother from making the same mistake by wedding the local squire’s daughter.

Rebecca Beaton disagrees. She is cert
Published June 27th 2016 by Deborah Hale

To ask other readers questions about The Viscount Meets His Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Viscount Meets His Match

Vicki
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-regency
I have to start by saying, I loved Sebastian. He had depths that only Rebecca could see and she was willing to help him reach those depths and remedy his anger, pain, and hostility. The story starts off on a fun mistaken identity and it allows the stage to be set for an understanding that was quick and real for them both. I loved the way that Deborah hale wrote this book. With the tenderness and the harshness that was called for at the moment, yet, never leaving who the characters were in their ...more
Connie Fischer
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Cotswolds - 1814

Rebecca Beaton, age 27, is the companion to Miss Hermione Leonard, age 19, of Rose Grange. Hermione is engaged to the Honorable Claude Stanhope. His brother, Sebastian Stanhope, Viscount Benedict has just arrived at Rose Grange to talk to Hermione. Seeing Rebecca in the garden, he mistakes her for Hermione and tells her he does not approve of his brother’s betrothal to her. His reason is that Claude will be the one to provide an heir because Sebastian has no plans to marry. H
Julie C-F
I love the characters in this story: Sebastian who was hurt and turned bitter after his disastrous marriage when he was young; Rebecca who seems to have not known hurt but was deeply affected by the death of her parents and by the rejection of her relatives; Hermoine who seemed to be a simpering awkward young woman without a lot of depth; and Claude who is so much in love with Hermoine and would not stopped from marrying her.

I have noticed a lot of contradictions in the story, like how it would
Amber Garabrandt
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book as a gift from the author in exchange for an honest review. Hale is not an author that I had heard of before, but I am so glad I found this. It is sweet and thoughtful, very much a meeting of minds and souls. You can feel the connection between Sebastian and Rebecca grow, and I loved that.

Rebecca Beaton is the companion to her old charge Hermione, and very happy for her friend who found love with Claude Stanhope. Who isn't happy? His brother Viscount Benedict. On
Jennifer Craig
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a clean, quick read about Sebastian, a man who is trying to prevent his brother’s marriage to a women of lesser stature and mean, and Rebecca, the governess of the young woman in question.

Sebastian, Viscount Benedict, has been left bitter and suspicious after being married to a gold-digger until being widowed. His marriage had tainted his point of view and he has since thwarted betrothals (or almost-betrothals) of his brother’s, believing that he is preventing his brother from making a m
Barbara
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The sixth book in the Glass Slipper Brides series, I am now going to look for the rest of them. What happens when Sebastian Viscount Benedict goes to meet Hermione Leonard to talk her out of marrying his brother The Honorable Claude Stanhope, and he mistakes Rebecca Beaton for her.You will want to laugh at the mistakes he makes and the trouble he causes only because of things that happened to him with his marriage ,he is now a widower .Will Claude and Hermione get a happy ending? Will Sebastian ...more
Teri Donaldson
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was such a wonderful novella that starts with a mistaken identity and ends with the power of forgiveness.
It was very refreshing to read a story that involves open and honest conversation between a man and a woman, the willingness to love another not in your class and finally acknowledging that there can be a second chance at love.
The story is sweet and provides such a powerful message.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I look forward to reading more books by
Isha Coleman
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads

The Viscount Meets His Match will leave any lover of romance smiling. I received a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review. Ms. Hale merges her fascination with imaginative and fun loving childhood fantasy with clean and charming yarns of love and risk. There are sentimental stories that grab hold of the heart so deeply, it's hard to let go of them. With The Viscount Meets His Match, Deborah Hale created another one.
Patricia Schuette
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Viscount Meets His Match

This is a sweet story about a man who is trying to get his brother to not marry a young lady who is considered beneath them. I received this book free in exchange for an honest review.
Melissa
This novella gives us Rebecca's story and starts off the Glass Slipper bride series. For a novella, it really delivers a good story. The characters are fleshed out and it is hard to put down.
Trian
Apr 05, 2018
Michelle
Aug 31, 2017
Heather (The Book Squirm)
Jul 11, 2018
Aug 09, 2016
Mayra
Jul 02, 2018
George Gobin
rated it did not like it
Sep 17, 2016