Start by marking “The Little Teashop of Lost and Found” as Want to Read:
The Little Teashop of Lost and Found

The Little Teashop of Lost and Found

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  1,381 Ratings  ·  202 Reviews
Alice Rose is a foundling, discovered on the Yorkshire moors above Haworth as a baby. Adopted but then later rejected again by a horrid step-mother, Alice struggles to find a place where she belongs. Only baking – the scent of cinnamon and citrus and the feel of butter and flour between her fingers – brings a comforting sense of home.

So it seems natural that when she final
Published March 9th 2017 by Transworld Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Little Teashop of Lost and Found, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Karen Whittard
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgalley, Random house uk, transworld publishingand Trisha Ashley for the opportunity to read this book for an honest review.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance reader copy of this book.

You can find my review on both Goodreads and Amazon. On Goodreads from today under Karen Whittard and on Amazon under k.e.whittard from publication date.

I love Trisha Ashley's books. I eagerly preorder them as soon as I can and count down the days until I can devour them greedily. This book has bee
Joanne Freitas
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Um livro repleto de amor, desafios, histórias, segredos escondidos. Uma leitura suave que adorei completamente. Um livro para ler e reler.
Karen Whittard
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance reader copy of this book.

Dash fan
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I absolutely loved The Little tea shop of lost and found.
It took me a few chapters to fully appreciate the style of writing as I couldn't work out who was writing/narrating the short paragraphs written in italic. But once I realised it was Alice's birth mum then it all made sense.

Trisha takes you on a journey of discovery and mystery.

Alice has had a rough start in life. She is abandoned on the moors just a few hours old. Luckily for her she's found just in time and becomes adopted.
She adores he
Sandie Bishop
I really struggled to get into this book until after chapter 6. The storyline then picked up for a while but I found it quite predictable. The parts which were Alice's fairytale novels I found unnecessary and felt like they were just padding out the number of words required for the overall novel. How someone would find time to write a novel, start up a new business from scratch in an area they have little knowledge of and have time to help the locals set up their business as well - plus a decent ...more
Lisa Houston
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely book. Enjoyed the characters very much. The Giddings were such a lovely family. One everyone would long to be part of. Great Alice got her happy ever after. The book did lose a star because i found all the fairystory part boring and flicked past it. i understand the girl was writing a book, but just didnt feel the need for that to go on as much as it did. But over all really enjoyed this one

Ty to Netgalley and Random House UK, Transworld Publishers for a copy of this book in return for a
Brittain *The Baddest Female*
DNF at 40%

I can't do it anymore. I tried y'all but this book has no soul or depth.

The protagonist in this book is talented at everything and has no flaws. Everybody in this big mean world has betrayed her despite her doing nothing wrong ever. She writes books, paints, cooks, renovates, runs a teashop, and is otherwise completely unharmed from all her tragedy in life. She's beautiful and tall and men fall about her in endless swoons.

And she is mopey and too optimistic and nothing is going wrong.

T
Liz
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been in a bit of a book funk recently and this was the perfect change that I needed. Yorkshire is dear to my heart, especially Haworth, so I spent most of the book grinning at the descriptions of the delightful weather!

The story had me hooked immediately, I loved Alice and the wonderful characters that peppered the chapters. The magic of Trisha Ashley's books is that she immerses you completely in the story and makes the characters so real.

Nicole
Jul 06, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The book suffers from a severe case of telling the reader rather than showing. The chapter's prior to Alice's arrival in Yorkshire could have been consolidated into one. The second narrative voice was poorly done. The fairy story even worse. Dire.
Suze Lavender
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alice is adopted. When her father dies Alice feels completely alone in the world. She only discovers she was a foundling after his death, when her cold stepmother lets her know in the most cruel way. Alice doesn't know where she belongs, but she does know it isn't with her nasty stepmother, which is why she leaves her hometown behind. She takes her good childhood memories with her and finds comfort in baking, writing and drawing.

When Alice's fiancé dies she has to start all over again. She has s
Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Little Teashop of Lost and Found follows the story of Alice Rose a woman who hasn’t had the kindest start to life. Abandoned on the Yorkshire moors as a baby she’s adopted by a wonderful father only for him to pass away. So when her fiancé is also killed in an accident at work distraught Alice decides to use the money left to her in his will to start over in the village where she was found.

Calling upon her talent for baking, Alice opens up a little teashop to make ends meet by day and by ni
AnimarBookClub
Too many moments that I found boring and predictable. Why the author felt the need for over 400 pages to describe getting a cafe up and running is beyond me. Disappointed with this one, having heard great things about the author.
Jessica
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed The Little Teashop of Lost and Found.

The main character that is Alice, shes had a very unsettled life as she was found in the moors abandoned by her birth mother, then her adoptive father passes away and after travelling many places she just doesnt seem to feel like she belongs anywhere.

After her Fiance sadly dies in an accident she buys a cafe in her birth town Hadworth. She arrives to find that the cafe she had bought wasnt as described and takes a lot of work to refurbish it
Aneesa
Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review, a huge thank you to Transworld!!!

OMGOMGOMGOMG!!! I really need to find another way to express my overload of emotions with 'omg' but because I currently don't have one I am going to keep using it until I find another one. But WOAHHHHH!!!!

description

**INTENSE EMOTION OVERLOAD**

description

Right, lets get to the review shall we?

This is such a cute adorable story, I was gripped from the edge of my seat. With this being a Contemporary, I was surprised to be li
Ana Fernandes
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Oh que coisinha mais "insonsa".
Nem sei se merece as 3⭐... entre 2,5⭐e 3⭐
Nikki
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Donna Irwin
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another total delight from one of my favourite authors! I had already pre-ordered this one months ago but when I had a chance to get the ARC from NetGalley, I hit the request button at lightening speed.

Alice was abandoned as a baby on the Moors about Haworth. After a few traumatic life events including the loss of her fiancé, she decides to return to the scene and buys a cafe without seeing it. Of course it is a dump and of course the shop opposite is run by a handsome but aloof antiques expert.
Shirley Revill
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, romance
Really enjoyed reading this book. One of those books that is very hard to put down.
Nicky
Dec 09, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book nearly killed me! I have mild OCD and this is the only reason I finished it! It felt like I was watching the paint in this CAFE dry..... if I read the word “fat Rascal” once more I would have screamed! This book was literally 400 pages of renovation, predictable relationships and a pathetic attempt at a desertion plot! I think it takes real effort to write something with so little substance and so incredibly boring! Waste of time!!!!
Agi
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, 2017-releases

My relationship with Trisha Ashley's books is very rocky - I seem to either love her books to bits or I can't get into them. However, there is something so very special and unique in her writing that makes me always impatiently waiting for her every new release and I - really - count down the days to the publication days, wanting to see what she has in store for us this time and what an exceptional story is it going to be. I think that not only is the new "The Little Teashop of Lost and Found" o
Jill's Book Cafe

After a particularly dark and disturbing thriller, this book was just what the doctor ordered, though don’t let the cover fool you – it’s not all froth and lightness, it does have its serious moments.

The story revolves around Alice, whose life story reads pretty much like the dark edged fairy stories she writes. Left for abandoned on the moors, but luckily found by a passing farmer, she was adopted into a home that gave her a loving father but a wicked step-mother. When her father dies,
Rachel Gilbey
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are two (well three really) rather distinct stories within The Little Teashop of Lost and Found. The main focus of the whole book is Alice Rose, who is moving to Haworth, the area of west Yorkshire where she was found abandoned as a newborn. She went on to have a loving adoptive father, who spun her fairytales, and a wicked adoptive mother. After trying to find somewhere in the country where she feels she belongs, she has bought a cafe and home sight unseen in Haworth to try and put down r ...more
Sally Coles
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alice was abandoned as a tiny baby but was found in time and adopted. Her father was a lovely man but when he dies her adopted mother makes it very plain that she never wanted her in the first place. Running away Alice gets taken in by Edie in Cornwall who looks after her and teaches her to bake.

When Alice leaves Edie she goes to Scotland where she falls in love but her fiancé dies in an accident - how much bad luck can one person have! - but he leaves her an insurance policy and she decides its
Paula Reis
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutamente ternurento, mágico e romântico!
Vale a pena esperar um ano por mais um livro de Trisha Ashley
Amber Grenville-Smith
A warm witty read set in a beautiful location with lots of great characters and lots of laughs.
Andreia Silva
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
lindo . fofinho .. tudo o que eu precisava para relaxar ..
Mandy Radley
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable chick lit to read on a wet weekend. 😊
Aromas de Cor (Helena Rodrigues)
Aquele tipo de romance doce e meloso, sim estou a empregar as duas palavras! Que nos leva a recuar ao tempos de Brontë e a toda a vida na charneca. Um livro que nos fala de uma vida idílica, que todos gostariam de experimentar! Um mistério, uma família e uma trama cheia de peripécias!

A opinião em breve no blogue Aromas de Cor!
M João (Livros?gosto)
risha Ashley não sendo uma das minhas autoras de eleição acaba por ser uma daquelas autoras que mais cedo ou mais tarde acabo por ler os seus livros. Costumam ser histórias mais ou menos leves, próprias para esta época. (as capas em si mesmas e os títulos indiciam esta época natalícia).
Mas a verdade é que este Chá e corações partidos me prendeu a atenção desde o início. Não se trata, de todo, de uma história de encantar, embora tenha um final feliz. É um livro de descoberta de si mesmo e das sua
Joanne
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
I’ve been a huge Trisha Ashley fan for many years and have read most of her previous books with my favourites being her Christmas novels which just fill me with festive joy. The Little Teashop of Lost and Found is her newest release and is probably my favourite of her non-Christmas releases.
Alice Ross was a foundling discovered on the harsh Yorkshire Moors only hours old. After being adopted by her loving father and his wife Alice finds a happy home while she grows up. Sadly when she is still a
Trisha Ashley is now a full-time novelist, but she has been known to work for stained glass makers and/or plumbers. She likes to paint, eat, drink, and read literary biographies. Her previous hobbies included getting divorced and packing to move. She claims to have once actually eaten Bronte burgers at the Branwell café, but her publisher declines to verify this. She lives in North Wales.
More about Trisha Ashley

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • A Desperate Fortune
    $16.99 $2.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be