Start by marking “Can't Stop Loving You (Spikonos Brothers #1)” as Want to Read:
Can't Stop Loving You (Spikonos Brothers #1)

Can't Stop Loving You (Spikonos Brothers #1)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  811 Ratings  ·  117 Reviews
When it comes to her heart, Arabella D’Angelo has moved on—even though she still lives in Mirror Lake, Connecticut, a little tourist town with a long memory for mistakes. Ever the dutiful daughter of a cantankerous widower who holds grudges, Bella has spent the past twelve years raising her younger brother and making a name for herself as a successful psychologist. Now, wh ...more
Published December 6th 2016 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Can't Stop Loving You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can't Stop Loving You

Maddie
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, cr
And once Again I applied for an ARC because of a band and favorite song!

Van Halen - Can't Stop Lovin' You

ARC Received via Netgalley for honest opinion
Reviews will be posted on
Time for that reading glasses

A BIG Thank you to the author, Netgalley and the Publishers for trusting me with this

Geri Reads
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Started off slow but I ended up liking this second chance romance between a fiery Italian beauty named Belle and a stubborn Greek god, inexplicably named Roman. (Go figure!)

Names aside, I enjoyed the romance, family dynamics, and the small town setting. There were moments where I wanted to throttle the heroine but I get where she's coming from.

Overall, a delightful second chance romance.

ARC provided by Montlake
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review:

Author Miranda Liasson has once again immersed me in her Mirror Lake world with the heartfelt second chance love story Can't Stop Loving You. A couple torn apart in young adulthood by a tragedy and parental influence are back living in the same town and while they both would like to think they are over those old feelings they find that's not true, but can they rekindle what they had and start anew?

For the past twelve years Arabella (Bella) D'Angelo has tried to live down the hear
Constantine
Rating: 2.0/5.0

Romance novels might not be my favorite genre but I cannot deny that I loved many that I read in the past for all the different reasons. However, this is not the case with this novel. The story is basically about Roman and Bella who had a relationship in the past when they were high school students, They split and now it is their second chance when they are in their 30s.

I might be very critical in this review but I have to give my honest unbiased opinion. I thought the story was
Carol
4.5 ecstatic stars.
Was so happy to read this as an ARC as this is one of my favorite authors and I have read all her books, so no bias there!
It certainly didn't disappoint. I loved this second chance love story that came with some emotional angst but ultimately delivered my HEA.
Miranda Liasson has a writing style that I adore, I always get involved in her storytelling fast and I did not want to put this book down even for a minute until I finished it.
It is set in the Mirror Lake community that I
Teri
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Deep Sigh* I love second chance romances and this one is a goody. After 12 years Arabella and Roman just might have their chance. From tragic young love to pesky judgmental townies, family and friends they have contended with it all. All that's left now is for them to be able to conquer their past so they can possibly have a present and future. An emotional read which touches the heart. With characters you love, are frustrated by and ones that make you laugh out loud. Great read I can't wait to ...more
Heather
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVE it when a book makes me cry and get completely frustrated (in a good way) before it eventually makes me sigh happily, and this book did that. I not only cried, but I actually honest-to-goodness ugly-cried while reading it, and I can't remember the last time that happened while reading a book.

A lot of times when an author writes a series of books, it's easy to point at one of them as the 'weak link' in the series; the book that doesn't quite reach the same level as the others -
Trish R.
Jan 17, 2017 rated it liked it
So-so book..

I’m afraid I didn’t love it like most of the reviewers did. I mean at 18 you could just feel the love these two had for each other but she hands him some crap about how she wants some freedom, yada, yada, yada, and off he goes. THEN when he comes back 12 years later Bella acts like Roman’s the one who hurt her and she’s a total ass. I don’t get that kind of writing, really. So, we fill 284 pages with angst and misunderstanding and lies? No OMG moments or anything. And I wasn’t crazy
Claudia Blanton
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Strict family values with clearly defined gender roles and restrictions and past transgressions never make a good combination, especially if these family members are stubborn, and downright unable to see anyone else's side of the story.

This is what the main character Bella has to deal with when Roman comes back into her life unexpectedly. He is the said transgression, and with that never good enough in the eyes of Bella's family, worse, his family is viewed as direct competition to the family bu
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Italian matchmaking... A favorite pastime of your people. Second only to arranged marriages.

He looked a lot older than thirty, and not just because of his receding hairline. His middle was paunchy and he looked so... pale. Belly-of-a-fish-washed-up-on-the-beach pale. Like he never saw the light of day in that CPA office of his. Ew. Bad visual.

God, my shaper undergarment is killing me. If it wouldn't expose all the wedding guests to my boobs, I'd rip it off and throw it in the tra
Nancy
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This book nailed Italian-American families on the head! Coming from one myself, I found that I related so much with the interplay between the family members. It was actually quite unexpected - Bella's still working for her father's approval, even at the age of thirty. And while this may seem a bit off-kilter from most of the female protagonists in romance novels, this novel wouldn't have been so wonderfully done if that all-too-true dynamic wasn't there.

Bella's desire to gain such approval from
Brandy
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC copy by the author for an honest review. This is my first book by author, Miranda Liasson, it certainly won't be my last. In fact, now that I know it's a series, I want to read the ones I missed and learn more about the Spikonos brother's. I admit, this was one of those books, where the cover made me HAVE to read it! In fact, I think this has to be the most gorgeous book cover I have ever seen. The fact that it was a story of young love, which I am a sucker for, was the icing ...more
Miranda Liasson
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
**Author Review**

I’m very excited to give you Roman and Arabella’s story.

This is the start of my new series about the Spikonos brothers, brothers of Greek heritage who were separated as children and who each return to the town of Mirror Lake, Connecticut, to find their lives and loves…and each other.

This book still has the lighthearted tone of my previous books but also has a more serious undercurrent.

I introduced the first Spikonos brother, Lukas, in my last book, THIS LOVING FEELING, (althou
Dixie-Lee Campbell
I absolutely loved this book : Can't Stop Loving You by Miranda Liasson. I loved the cover too !!! The story line captured me from the first page to the last page of this book !!!
This is my first read of Miranda Liasson's books.... I am so very happy with myself for having a feeling from the summary to read this book. !!!
As not familiar with two time lines unfolding alternating with past and present format I felt a bit uneasy first time round ... but, this totally worked for me : enriched the
Tamara
Dec 10, 2016 rated it liked it

Second chance romances are a favourite of mine, the passion and attraction is usually evident from the first meeting after breaking up.
Can't Stop Loving You was no different, Roman and Bella had been high school sweethearts but after falling pregnant and losing the baby, Bella told the biggest lie of her life and told Roman that she no longer loved him and he moved on.

12 years later they reconnect at a wedding and the feelings are all still there.

Initially the story grabbed me and I was hooked.
Isha Coleman
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Miranda Liasson is always on my MUST READ list. Relatability is something I look for within the stories that I read and Ms. Liasson never skimps on that important trait. It's easier to become engrossed in a character when a reader can understand the circumstances they are facing. Small town drama, second chance romance and hidden pieces of wisdom all add up to the beauty that is Can't Stop Loving You. Bella is prides herself on her reliability both in her career and personal life but the image t ...more
Linda
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Miranda Liasson again captured and held my attention throughout this book. Would Bella's father Vito ever come around and forgive her for what happened twelve years before. You keep asking yourself questions and wondering if Ethan will worm his way back into her life with Vito loving him and hating Roman. A second chance? but not by Roman's choice but by Bella's lies. I highly recommend you read the entire series to follow this author. Was so wonderful to find Lukas and missing brother Drew brea ...more
Misty
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great addition to a great series. Roman and Bella are high school sweethearts. After decisions were made and hearts broken Roman left town. Twelve years later he's back and all those old feeling come crashing in. Can they get their happy ever after...
such a emotional read with love , laughter, loyalty, family and great friends. A must read Second Chance Love Story.
I was given a advanced readers copy for a voluntary honest review.
Catherine
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this e-book free through Goodreads First Reads.

Such a good second chance story. I loved Roman and the group therapy meetings. It was interesting how the story jumped from the present to the past to help explain the story. It would be interesting to read more about the people in this town.
Lynn Grier
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-books-read
Can't Stop Loving You by Miranda Liasson is a cute and sweet love story. Flows good, fast read and loved it. I received this e-version thru a Goodreads giveaway and thank you for the chance to read this wonderful book.
Vikki Vaught
I have read several books in Miranda Liasson’s Mirror Lake series, so when I received an invitation from the publisher via Net-Galley to read and review this book, I eagerly accepted an ARC. My review is honest and not biased in anyway. Can’t Stop Loving You is another great addition to this series.

Bella and Roman met and fell in love as teenagers. When she ends up pregnant, they make plans to marry, but those plans go astray when she loses the baby. They break up and Roman moves away.

Just befor
Melanie
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, romance
Can't Stop Loving You was a quick read that I enjoyed, but ultimately didn't love due to my lack of interest in the main couple.

Bella and Roman dated in their senior year of high school and parted ways not on the best of terms. Twelve years later, Roman returns to town to take over running his grandparents' orchard which happens to be located directly next to Bella's family's garden-center business. Roman and Bella attempt to move forward and be friends despite their past, but they run into many
Jo
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I still don't think it's really happened in 2017. Being loyalty is a good thing but neglect your own good? I don't think so.

Theirs r sad but truly adorable, if they get married when they were 18, maybe divorce at the end, who knows?
Suze Lavender
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bella and Roman used to be deeply in love when they were teenagers, until something devastating broke them up. Many years later they are still not completely over what happened to them. While she's almost thirty Bella is still single and no man ever made her feel like Roman did. She's moved on though. She's a successful psychologist and she runs a group for single seniors, mostly women. Her clients adore her. Bella's brother is almost grown up and she's been like a mother to him. Her father has ...more
Pratna Imrith
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
(This review is based on the ARC provided by the publisher via Net Galley)

It has been ages since I read a book which I loved so much and this story took me on an emotional roller coaster which I completely enjoyed. This was my first time reading a book by Miranda Liasson and with just one book I have become a fan of her flawless writing and brilliant writing style which manages to bring all the characters in the book alive. I loved the characters because they were made realistic and relatable. R
Kathy Osborn
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Can love lost be found again? In Can't Stop Loving You this is what happens when one sacrifices love in order to keep her family intact.

Arabella (Bella) comes from a very strong Italian family who believes in the old school values. Her father is the head of the family as her mother passed away. Bella is very protective of her brother and has been a mother figure for him. However, Bella falls for Roman Spikonos in high school and must deal with the consequences of young passionate love. Just Roma
Alison
Twelve years ago Arabella D'Angelo got pregnant at eighteen and lost the baby. Living in a small town no one ever truly lets her forget that she was that girl in high school, even though she is now a respected psychologist with her own business. When her childhood sweetheart, and the father of twelve years ago, Roman Spikonos returns to town after the death of his grandparents, determined to run their apple farm all the old feelings emerge.

This, apparently, is a cross-over novel between a series
Norma Jean
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Can't Stop Loving You
Miranda Liasson

I received an ARC from this author in exchange for an honest review.

This is a new author to me. I have not read her other books . . . Yet! I have already added her other books to my TBR pile.

This book pulled me in from the very beginning and held my interest to the end. The characters are believable. I found myself wishing that I could meet Bella and her family. I think we would be friends. .

Bella and Roman dated in high school and parted under tragic circu
Connie Hutchens
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of "CAN’T STOP LOVING YOU", written by Miranda Liasson. She is an amazing writer and is able to bring to life her character, right from the pages of her books. I love this book because it showed what it was like to be in a family with strong values and traditions, plus sometimes vendettas. Another family being tore apart due to abusive parents. Then, how people let beliefs get in the way of others happiness. This is something that happens so often in real life and ...more
Yvonne
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I recently discovered this talented author, and am glad I did. Can’t Stop Loving You is the beginning of a new series by Ms Liasson taking place in Mirror Lake, CT. I understand it’s a spin-off from a previous series, but if like me , you have not read that series, rest assure it’s a stand alone and you will be fine.
This new series will introduce us the five Spikonos brothers who during their tumultuous childhood were separated and put in the foster system.
We meet Roman in this one and Bella. T

Miranda Liasson loves to write stories about everyday people who find love despite themselves, because there’s nothing like a great love story. And if there are a few laughs along the way, even better!

She’s a Romance Writers of America Golden Heart winner and an Amazon bestselling author whose heartwarming and humorous small–town romances have won accolades such as the Gayle Wilson Award of Excel
More about Miranda Liasson

Spikonos Brothers (2 books)
  • Can't Fight This Feeling (Spikonos Brothers #2)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I can’t thank you enough for this,” Vito said. He sounded humble, for the first time Bella could ever remember. Was this really her dad? Or was this the version the aliens left behind?” 0 likes
“He’d never dreamed they could ever be together again after what had happened so long ago, but life is funny, sometimes. The painful past can heal and can even open up into a life you’d never dared to dream of.” 0 likes