Start by marking “Melody's Key” as Want to Read:
Melody's Key

Melody's Key

“His eyes settled on her…piercing green embers of flame that revealed the ferocity of his pain and passion, yet still shrouded him under veils of ever deepening mystery that made every ounce of her ache to unravel him.”

Tegan Lockwood’s dreams were dead, sacrificed on the noble altar of duty before they ever had a chance to live. Her entire existence was disappearing into
Published June 24th 2016 by AsherRain Publications (first published June 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Melody's Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Melody's Key

Start your review of Melody's Key
Nina
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Thanks again to the author for sending me a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*

“It’s the way your touch is my safe-haven when I feel lost, the way you challenge me and inspire me to be better and how I feel like I was never really living until I found you.”

Melody’s Key tells the story of Tegan Lockwood who is living on her family’s estate in Southern England. She is a very creative person but had to turn down a scholarship she received from Columbia University in New Yor
Shannon Moore
Nov 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3-3.5 Stars, detailed review to come!! Not a bad book whatsoever, just a few things that need to be tweaked to improve upon the story that the author is trying to get across. I have a bunch to say about this one, stay tuned! :)

*An ARC was received from the author with a review request. I pride myself on being 100% honest, no matter the circumstances or who the arc was received from. I'll write exactly what I thought. ;)
Liz
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, emotional
Not another romance story!? Surely, you say, why do I make myself read romances when I often take a machete to them? Because I have hope that somewhere, someone has written or will write a romance story that is worth the read. For me… Melody’s Key was like living through my puppy-love all over again.

Melody's Key was old-school romance in the modern day. Young love. And none of it would have been enjoyable if the writing wouldn’t have been so good, so full of beautiful words and … well, downright
Katie Scarlett O Hara
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was sent to me by the author, however that did not affect my opinion in any kind of way.
In the start we meet Tegan Lockwood, beautiful and talented young girl who is helping her family with their business, Lockwood Holiday. She is a talented painter and loves to compose and write songs, because of which she got accepted in college in NY. But though to her family's financial struggles she must remain with them and help out as much as she can which is is basically shattering all her drea
Whispering Stories
Tegan Lockwood works for the family business, ‘Lockwood Holidays’. From early summer to autumn, the Lockwoods open their family manor house in Lymington, to tourists.

It wasn’t Tegan’s ideal situation, but seeing as her family couldn’t afford to send her to university, and them needing all the help that they could get with the business, she gave up her dream to help them out.

Mason Keane is an American, internationally-famous pop star. He has the charm, good looks and a wild reputation. Needing so
Maitha
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First thing first I want to thanks Dallas Coryell for contacting me & sending me a copy of his book in exchange for a review. ( thank you very much )

am going to keep this simple am not going to summarize the book because I don't like that I think it burn the book for other readers! But am giving my opinion about it.

Basically it is a sweet, charming, fun & young love story. For the first time in a long while it is finally a love story that is not totally cliché, well yeah it is love story it mus
Dallas Coryell
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kristy Mauna
We are first introduced to our main character, Tegan, as her family is preparing their family estate to host guests for the holiday season. I immediately connected to Tegan because of how creative she was. She seemed to view the world in a way I could appreciate, like she couldn't get enough of everything around her. I loved that.

Melody's Key delivers as a romantic story, and the thing that set it apart from others I have read were these letters Tegan found in her attic. They were love letters f
Kim
ARCI was genuinely surprised, the writing was beautiful, and the love letters...

dreamy

This book is going to make you feel good, and  your going to laugh.

Mason is a pop star who feels trapped. He has some hard decisions to make and  came to Tegan's family's estate to consider his options. Now I loved Mason, but who doesn't love a misunderstood rock star?

Tagan sees him as a egoistical typical pop star, and she jumps to all sorts of conclusions about him.

I had a hard time liking Tagan to be honest, but she
Lady Heather

"A copy of this book has been provided by the author in exchange for an honest review"
iamnotabookworm
Melody's Key. The picture seems a little eerie actually because of the vintage effect. For me, it somehow hinted of a horror or suspense story, if I were to judge the cover. But then again, as always, don't judge a book by its cover. This is a love story actually which I find to be most enjoyable. Very fun and a feel good story that brightens up your mood, if ever you're in a foul one. If feel like you need a pick me up, this book is for you.

Tegan Lockwood. I think Tegan is such a cute name for
Jelena Milenković
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Thanks Mr.Coryell for sending me your book in exchange for an honest review!

I'll try as much as I can to do exactly that and summarize my feelings.

Lemme tell you something, from the moment I started reading this story I knew it would be hard for me to put it down! And man I was right!
At first we get to know Tegan Lockwood, the girl who lives in Lockwood Manor in Lymington (2h drive from London) and helps her family out with their business - they rent the Manor for tourists during the summer.
We f
Rose Strong (Kljuc za knjigu Book Blog)
This book was sent to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Let me start by rating this novel. I'll give it 4 stars.

First of all, I have to say, Dallas is good with words. I really liked his style, it's almost poetical. I'd say that's the thing that makes this book as good as it is.

I don't write summaries in my reviews because you get plenty of those all over Goodreads, so I'll just say that both of the protagonists were interesting and well developed. Sometimes they annoyed me, som
Драгана
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Courtesy to author, I've got this book for reading and an honest review.
I was so relieved that I loved the book. I hate writing bad reviews.

Tegan Lockwod is a songwriter, nightowl who loves breakfast meant tea in the morning. She sacrifices her dreams so she could help her family in their family business Lockwood Holiday.
Tegan's life seams a bit colorless, she shut herself to any possible romance and almost completely gave up on love.
Her life begins to change when American pop star Mason Kean
Sophia
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Synopsis:

Tegan Lockwood lives in England, settled in a village of snooty and rich neighbors who look down their noses at her and her family. Ever since her parents had bought Lockwood Manor, they have been deep in debt despite the shiny exterior of their home that screams riches. During the summer, Tegan spends long hours laboring keeping the family business alive, a vacation spot for tourists in her own home. Each summer, there is a constant stream of people in her home and she is used to it
Sarah (The Book Marauder)
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it

I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

I really dislike writing bad reviews. This book (fortunately) will not be getting one ;)

The Characters:

The story focuses on two people - Tegan Lockwood a.k.a. Freckles, and Mason Keane a.k.a. Big Muffin (I seriously died laughing when they came up with these nicknames)

I really liked Tegan. She was such a relatable character and so easy to connect with. I loved that she wasn't perfect.

Mason is introduced as "a ha
Sabine
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you for sending me this book in exchange for an honest review, Dallas!

I had no idea what to expect when I started reading this book, but it didn't take me long to get in to it! I think it's because I could easily relate to the main character.

I found that this book had some elements that reminded me of other books. Like Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover and This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith. As you all may know I'm a huuuuge CoHo fan, so I'm not saying that's a bad thing!

T
Ryley (Ryley Reads)
Thank you so much to the author for sending me a copy of this book for an honest review! As always, all opinions are my own.

This book was fantastic. A lot of the time with romances, especially new adult romances, things can go one of two ways, insta-love with so many steamy scenes its bordering on erotica or just enough romance to keep things interesting, but nothing too crazy. This book, thankfully, is in the latter category.

Basically, this is the story of Tegan, a twenty something who gave up
Courtney
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who have a soft spot for music and young love.
Dallas Coyrell's debut novel, Melody's Key, may have changed my opinion of young love romance novels. I usually tend to avoid romance books because most of the ones I have read were overly cheesy, predictable and just not for me. This novel, however, is none of those things and I'm glad that I was given the chance to read it.

The part I love most about this story is that it didn't begin with the main characters already in love. In fact, their first impressions of each other weren't all that great
Mette
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the story of a young girl, who is sacrificing her future for the love of her family and this is the story of a young man, who has lost his way but is slowly gaining control of his life again.

This is a very beautiful love story about two young people who find each other and just can’t help falling in love.

description

Tegan is a talented young woman who won a scholarship to Columbia in New York. The problem is that she is living in England and her family doesn't have the money to send her abroad, and
Brina (Brina and the Books)
2.5 - 3 Stars

Read full review on: https://5171milesbookblog.wordpress.com/

Melody's Key is a New Adult debut novel by Michigan based singer Dallas Coryell. I received an ARC from the author himself in exchange for an honest review.

Tegan Lockwood and her family live on the family estate on the South Coast of England. She and her siblings help their parents out with the family's struggling business - which is some sort of summer getaway Inn on the family's estate. Tegan received an art scholarship
Antonia
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was sent to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.

So first I have to say that I didn't really have expectations when I started reading this book and it took me some time to get into it, but once I did it was easy to connect to the characters and enjoy the story.
Even though this book was full of cliches and the writing was sometimes tiring, the story was adorable and it reminded me of romantic teenage movies.

What I really liked was the perfect image of the Lockwood family. I
Queen Soleil
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
rating: 4.8stars!

i got a copy for an honest review.

check out my review here:
Books of Cat
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Actual Rating: 4.5/5 ⭐️

I want to thank the author Dallas Coryell, for sending me the ebook version of his novel for an honest review. This review is not affected by anything, it contains my true feelings and opinions.
It's about a british country girl named Tegan. Her parents own a facility like a hotel. An american pop star, Mason Keane will stay with them as a guest. He's going through rough times and staying in that place will be kind of a rehab for him. His stay is a secret, neither Tegan nor
Janne Janssens
3,5 stars.
First of all I want to thank the author Dallas Coryell for giving me a free copy of his beautiful book Melody’s Key in exchange of an honest review.
And I will be honest, this gift won’t influence my opinion. Nor did I read other reviews so that my opinion would be mine only and would not be formed by others.

I will rarely choose a romantic book myself. So I started to read sceptically. I needed a few pages to let go of my scepticism. It all started pretty cliché. The main character is
Amy Buckle / Amy's Bookshelf
This novel is centred around a girl called Tegan Lockwood. Tegan is ambitious and talented, but she is held back by her obligation to help keep her family business alive. Then, one summer, Lockwood Holiday has an interesting guest – an international American popstar by the name of Mason Keane. Tegan is at first reluctant to even give the time of day to such an obnoxious, entitled celebrity, but after he shows her his true colours, she finds herself beginning to realise that maybe there’s more to ...more
Klara
Oct 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Melody's Key is a romance book through and through. It is on the fluffy side of romance but there is also a darkness about the characters that will make you love them even more. The characters are deep and emotional, irrational and overall, very real. I liked both Tegan and Mason much even though sometimes things between them were awkward or unreasonable, or predictable. I loved the supportive system of family and friends around them and how well it fit into the story. The family bond is somethi ...more
Aryan Sarath
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Melody's Key is a slow paced romance fiction story set in a sleepish British county. Tegan, the protagonist lives there along with her family. She had a secret which she kept it to herself without revealing it to any and use to visit those memories once in a while as it got locked with the key to that staying with Tegan which she protected dearly.

While things were going in a normal way, their family had a surprise visitor from U.S. Though Tegan who earlier had a relationship with Cale started se
Christina Santo
I could have sworn posted this review but looking back, I guess it never went through...

Thanks to Dallas Coryell for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I really enjoyed Melody's Key. It was a cute romance and a fast read. I thought it was well-written and flowed nicely. There were elements about Melody's Key that were predictable an there were moments that took me by surprise. The characters were relatable and the story was interesting. I liked that the
Jessica
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

“The sound was insufferable; a cacophony of blaring intrusion rudely tearing her out of the rather lovely dream she had been having.” – First line in Melody’s Key.

There were so many thoughts running through my head as I was reading this lovely novel. First of all, my favorite character was undoubtedly the main character, Tegan. I can relate to her on so many levels including her wit, some of her many talents, and her “real-ness” if that makes sense. The way I jump to conclusio
Making Connections: 4742. - MELODY'S KEY by Dallas Coryell 1 14 Dec 30, 2016 06:45AM

• Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1)
  • Romancing the Throne
  • All Things New
  • More of Me
  • The Dark Intercept (The Dark Intercept, #1)
  • Sunshine Is Forever
  • Moxie
Dallas Coryell is a musician and author residing deep in the untamed wilds of Michigan, USA, where he desperately attempts to assign meaning to his world through bouts of maniacal creative catharsis and pitifully doomed hopeless romantic fantasies.

All of the songs written by the characters in MELODY'S KEY are real and can be viewed on the author’s fledgling YouTube channel: