Start by marking “Reinventing Organizations: An Illustrated Invitation to Join the Conversation on Next-Stage Organizations” as Want to Read:

The uplifting message of Reinventing Organizations has resonated with readers all over the world, and they have turned it, one conversation at a time, into a word-of-mouth phenomenon. The book has helped shift the conversation from what's broken with management today to what's possible. It is inspiring thousands of organizations--corporations and nonprofits, schools and ...more
Published June 30th 2016 by Nelson Parker

To ask other readers questions about Reinventing Organizations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reinventing Organizations

Start your review of Reinventing Organizations: An Illustrated Invitation to Join the Conversation on Next-Stage Organizations
Quinton
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
The point of this book is to help fix what's broken in today's organizational structures and management.
This is a light read, full of illustrations, but apparently gets to the point of the fuller text (which I haven't read).

The idea behind this book, is that there are different management paradigms that have been used over the years, and are still being used.

There's Red - the power structure. The most powerful is the leader, and he is boss. (Think organized crime). People serve out of loyalty
Jordan Munn
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
The ideas presented are interesting ones, but compressing the original book into this illustrated version is a move in the wrong direction and blunt the message into a more condescending tone. This is not helped by the illustrations, which evolve into caricatures resembling chick tracts.
Zahin
Apr 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Lee
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When we discuss agile, lean or devOps we usually end up talking about the importance of culture. Yes, there are practices we need to learn - but at the end of the day, if we don't have an aligned culture, we won't get very far.

Laloux's book provides a helpful model for thinking about the stages/levels of culture and the implications of each level. As we think about adoption of practices, maturity of organizations and potential impact - this model provides a helpful lens through which to evaluate
Emmawiz
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5/5 - In a book selling frenzy, I intentionally planned to sell this book that I received as a gift from a previous company and never read. Thank god I decided to finally open and read it (and at the right moment, when I am quite confused with what to do with my professional life). It was enlightening and explained in a very simple and surprising manner of lot of things I was bothered with at work. It opens many doors for a new professional world. I do hope it will push many leaders to think ...more
Kim Wollesen
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An inspiring book about next-stage organisations. It's not all that makes sense to me straight away since it is far from what we are used to in the modern business world.
However, the gut feeling about this shift in management practice is just unbelievably good, and I have a feeling that this is what the world needs in terms of leadership to save the planet!
Big words, but this is what we need in politics and modern society if we want to live a healthier more sustainable life.
Fiikske
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
guerilla tactics to move your organization towards becoming teal: drop copies of this book at various desks in your organization, then watch and learn ;-)

the book is indeed a concise version of the more elaborate "reinventing organisations", but without losing any of its strength or power.

also good for those who need a refresher or inspiration for stories at your coffee breaks.

great book! thanks Frederic and all of your entourage that made this book happen as well!
Armin
Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Einige interessante Ideen habe ich mitgenommen. Insgesamt bleibt mir das Buch aber zu unkonkret und zu wenig systematisch in der Herangehensweise und Beschreibung dieser neuen Methoden der Zusammenarbeit. Die Zusammenfassung für mich lautet: es gibt eine Handvoll Firmen mit sehr charismatischen Führungspersonen, die ihren eigenen Weg gehen und dabei erfolgreich sind. Wahrscheinlich sollte ich nun das ausführlichere, nicht illustrierte Buch lesen.
Mari
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Naljakas tunne, kui midagi kõnetab nii õigel hetkel ja saad aru, et kellegil maailma otsas on samal ajal sarnane teekond. Vanaviisi enam ei saa ja ei taha. Maskid langevad. Egod saavad hoobi. Kõik mõtestatakse ümber viisil, mis taas "makes sense". Sain aru, et olen ufo, helesinisest tulevikust, juba asjatamas mõnda aega teiste reeglite järgi.
David Hutchens
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This resonates with what I’m seeing every day in my work with senior leaders and complex systems. The breezy text and compelling visuals make this a brilliant way to invite people into a broader conversation around new mental models for organizations. Really kind of brilliant. If you want to go deeper (and you will!) the author’s original book is your next step.
Igor Đukić
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: accf-8-transform
Very engaging transformational book with a lot of illustrations for one afternoon. How to create simpler, more intuitive, more natural, way to do things in your team or organization - self-management, wholeness, evolutionary purpose. Great list of videos created by Frederic about HOW https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
Carlos
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A real hit this illustrated version. All the concepts, theoretical and practical, are very well resumed, and with an enjoyable use of art.

I love this version too because it's a wonderful way to give/lend/recommend to someone due to its "light weight"

A must (like the original book) in new management and organization
Lassi Autio
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: leadership
I think many would like this book a lot but for "engineers" like me it might not be that interesting. Illustrations in book are excellent and make the book quite easy to read and understand. I hope to see something like that in other books too. Especially coloring was nice.
Victoria Grape
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Currently birthing a NGO and a small farm enterprise, this illustrated guide to reinventing the way we think about, manifest and thrive in collaborative work has been immensely inspirational. Time will tell which iteration, or perhaps novel form, these ventures will take.
Delcho
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: emba
Very captivating read about alternatives to conventional organizational structures and dynamics. It will be interesting to explore further how this new Teal Organization can apply to a 150-year old insurance company.
Toni Tassani
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-physical
A great summary of the “Reinventing Organizations” book, where you get all the basic ideas and full of inspiring illustrations. You can read it in very few hours.
I read it after the long one, and it has added no value to me apart from a refresher, and the beautiful illustrations.
Santiago Blanco
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Muy buen resumen de prácticas para transformar la forma en que se gestionan las empresas

Excelentes explicaciones, acompañadas de muy buenos gráficos que clarifican los conceptos. Un excelente punto de partida para cambiar la forma en que gestionan las compañias
Suman Srivastava
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The original version had great content. But the illustrated version brings them to life and is more accessible to people who don't like reading big fat management books.
Koschka Günter
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super Buch über zukünftige Organisationen
FELIX GABRIEL ZIRULNIK
Ideas frescas

Buenas ideas frescas sobre cómo gestionar empresas. Cómo hacer empresas diferentes en un mundo que cada vez más exige ser distintos
John
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring and assuring at the same time. A little pearl for sure.
Florian Schöttle
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very refreshing and motivating view on a new type of organizations.
Richard Roodt
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Interesting and fascinating read for those interested in Org transformation. An engaging and easy read, highly recommended. Times they are a changing, for sure.
Sergiu
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: agile, businees-it
Eine "Geschichte" (kein Prozess, Methode, usw. ) über Selbstführung, Ganzheit und Evolutionärer Sinn.
Kiki Bakker
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Boek leest door illustraties snel en gemakkelijk, heel helder inzicht. Voor verdieping moet je wel het origineel lezen.
Dennis
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The illustrated book is a concise version of the longform book, nevertheless it contains practical advise and examples. It‘s an easy read, you can get through it in a day, which is a good thing.
Lee
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
They should make illustrated summary versions of all business books like this!
Marc
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hoping to bring about these kinds of changes at work!
Charles Christoph
Un livre qui invite à penser sur les entreprises et leur organisation. Donne envie de lire le livre original.
Louise Meier
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jeg læste den danske version dom hedder Fremtidens Organisation. Den er meget inspirerende og skal helt sikkert læses igen og på et tidspunkt den udvidede version for flere detaljer.

• О Нем и о Бабочках
  • Holacracy: The New Management System for a Rapidly Changing World
  • The Fearless Organization: Creating Psychological Safety in the Workplace for Learning, Innovation, and Growth
  • The Big Five for Life
  • The Meaning of Human Existence
  • ADKAR: A Model for Change in Business, Government and our Community
  • Prezidentov kocúr
  • Peopleware: Productive Projects and Teams
  • Nine Lies About Work: A Freethinking Leader’s Guide to the Real World
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • Turn the Ship Around!: A True Story of Turning Followers into Leaders
  • A Theory of Everything: An Integral Vision for Business, Politics, Science & Spirituality
  • The Infinite Game
  • The Talent Delusion: Why Data, Not Intuition, Is the Key to Unlocking Human Potential
  • Stillness Is the Key
  • Kirjad laagrist
  • Flourish: A Visionary New Understanding of Happiness and Well-Being
  • Social Engineering in It Security: Tools, Tactics, and Techniques: Testing Tools, Tactics & Techniques

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
“This is how nature has worked for millions of years. Innovation doesn't happen centrally, according to plan, but at the edges, all the time, when some organism senses a change in the environment and experiments to find a response. Some attempts to fail catch on; others rapidly spread to all corners of the ecosystem. Reality is the ultimate reference.” 0 likes
“At an individual level, when life calls for change, we always feel a tensions, sometimes pleasant, sometimes unsettling. There are habits we have grown fond of; our identity is invested in certain situations. But when change isn't imposed from the outside, from above; when we personally feel powerful and responsible; when there is a safe space where we can have meaningful conversations about all of this...chances are that embracing change is somewhat easier.” 0 likes