Start by marking “North of the Border: Stories from the 'a Matter of Time' Project” as Want to Read:
North of the Border: Stories from the 'a Matter of Time' Project

North of the Border: Stories from the 'a Matter of Time' Project

I love this state-do not get me wrong. I love Queensland to bits. I don't want to live anywhere else in the world. But at that time we were four million years behind everything else, everyone else.--Lyn Fraser *** Since the end of the Joh Bjelke-Petersen State government, conditions for LGBTIQ identified Queenslanders have improved but remain a tenuous arrangement. As the ...more
Published September 1st 2016 by University of Western Australia Press

To ask other readers questions about North of the Border, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about North of the Border

Start your review of North of the Border: Stories from the 'a Matter of Time' Project
Wolfram-Jaymes VonKeesing
This book wasn't written for someone like me. With that in mind, I still wasn't a fan of how it read. It's wonderful to read person accounts on my home from older lesbians... but these stories could have been far more accessible with a little guidance from the editor.

A better review when I'm in front of a computer.
Bonnie
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wonderful (if brief) collection of experiences & photographs from 8 brave women who have paved a path through some of the most difficult political times in Qld's recent history.
Lesley