Start by marking “A Million Little Things (Mischief Bay, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Million Little Things (Mischief Bay, #3)

A Million Little Things

(Mischief Bay #3)

From the bestselling author of The Girls of Mischief Bay and The Friends We Keep comes a twisty tale of family dynamics that explores what can go terribly, hysterically wrong when the line between friendship and family blurs...

Zoe Saldivar is more than just single--she's alone. She recently broke up with her longtime boyfriend, she works from home and her best friend J
Published February 28th 2017 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about A Million Little Things, please sign up.
Tomi Yes, I just picked up number four from the new release shelf at the library.

Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: My name is Zoe Saldivar and I just had stupid sex with my ex-boyfriend.

THE BLURB: Zoe Saldivar is more than just single-she's ALONE. She recently broke up with her longtime boyfriend, she works from home and her best friend Jen is so obsessed with her baby that she has practically abandoned their friendship. The day Zoe accidentally traps herself in her attic with her hungry-looking cat, she realizes that it's up to her to stop living in isolation.

Her seemingly empty life takes a sudde
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
I usually like Susan Mallery's writing, I struggled with this one on a lot of levels.

The book follows three different women in three different stages of their lives.

Zoe has just had sex with her ex-boyfriend who couldn't commit. She bought a bigger house and quit her teaching job because apparently for some reason (even thought he didn't give her much) she thought she was going to need to be a step-mother to his daughters and that he was going to propose...

Jen is Zoe's best friend and is a stay
Eilonwy
3-1/2 stars

This was a sweet story about three women facing issues in their lives: 20-something Zoe, who just broke up with her long-time boyfriend and needs to get a new life; Zoe's best friend, Jen, who is completely obsessed with her 18-month-old son to the detriment of the rest of her life; and Jen's mother, Pam, widowed for two years but maybe--just maybe--interested in starting to date again.

There was nothing particularly outstanding about this book, but at I did really enjoy it. I can't t
Lexy
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A million little things was a good book but it made me angry at some parts
Obsidian
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
I think after this I am pretty much done with the Mischief Bay series. This book really aggravated me since I think Mallery wants her cake (write a contemporary romance) but then she there feels like there is very little romance and people just running around acting like assholes for most of the book until the very end.

"A Million Little Pieces" follows two characters who should be familiar to readers from the first book, Jen and her mother Pam from "The Girls of Mischief Bay." It's been about 2
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
Mallery is a master story teller and a giver of the feels...every time! A Million Little Pieces is one of my FAVORITES of hers. It was so good. From cover to cover I really loved it. I could see this being adapted to a TV series or a movie because it was richly written, character driven and well plotted. I know every time I read a book by Mallery I know I will end the novel feeling good and it will be an amazing reading experience. This time I was in love, plain and simple. Read this book...you ...more
Syndi
Oct 09, 2018 rated it liked it
The book about 3 women in different state of their life experiencing life, love, motherhood and friendship. Its not much angst in this book. Even though the author build up a good conflict. I like to see bit more angst with the conflict.

The 1 character i can connect is jen. How she experience motherhood and plague with anxiety and perfection to be the best mother. She also wants a perfect baby. No matter how the doctor told her that her son is fine, she is always find something is wrong/ lackin
Hayden
Feb 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
***This book was sent as a giveaway/review copy by the publisher***

DNF. I DNF'd this book very early because within about 70 pages, I was counting the sexist references/tropes instead of being able to enjoy the story.

Probably not spoilers?:
1. Men don't like cats.
2. Men don't read instruction manuals.
3. Stepmothers take over parenting responsibilities and take the career hit
4. Only women talk about emotional things.

The super-sexist stuff only appeared when the male lead did, and because that's n
Lisa B.
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the story of three women. Pam, the widowed mother to Jen. She feels no one could ever replace her husband and refuses to even consider dating. Jen, a new Mom who is obsessed with the fact that her young son is not talking. Even though everyone, including her doctors, assure her Jack is just fine, she cannot let it go. Finally there is Zoe. She is Jen’s best friend who recently broke up with her long time boyfriend and is trying to figure out what direction to take her life.

I really strug
Leigh Kramer
Jan 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
I haven't read this author before and unfortunately I don't think I'll try again. This was predictable but enjoyable at first. I don't mind a good fluffy read every so often. But the character Jen grated on every last nerve of mine and then Mallery made a certain plot choice that made me want to throw the book across the room. It was a cheap move and didn't lead to character growth. In fact, most of the characters were emotionally immature and short-sighted. It looks like most people here enjoye ...more
Darcy
I liked seeing how these 3 women's relationships changed. There were ups and downs, time when they didn't really like each other, where they hurt each other, where the choices they made upset the other. But like life, they all managed to work through things, to find a way back to the friendship they once had. by the end of the book I had hope that their lives going forward would be nothing but good.
Dawn
For Zoe Saldivar, getting locked in her attic with her cat is the day she finally figures out her life is at a standstill. No boyfriend, a best friend, Jen, who is obsessed with her first child and has abandoned her friendship with Zoe and a life that looks to be as boring as ever. Zoe finds that in order to shake things up, she needs to stop living in isolation and get out of the house. First thing she does is join an exercise class where she reconnects with Jen’s mom, Pam. But when she meets S ...more
Debra
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley

Zoe Salvidar recently broke up with her boyfriend of five years. She works from home but feels that something is missing. After locking herself and her cat in her attic, she decides that it is time to stop being so alone and get out in the real world and be around people.

Jen, is Zoe's best friend. She is a stay at home Mother who worries about everything but mainly about her toddler son not talking. He has met all of milestones, but still does not speak. Everyone in Jen's life tells her
Michele
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Million Little Things was a heartfelt piece of women’s literature that pulled in several interesting elements to make it quite a page-turner for me: romance at different stages in life, family drama, the testing of friendships, and small town dynamics as well.

First off, I have to say that this can be read either as a standalone or as part of the Mischief Bay series with no problem. Secondly, this is more of an ensemble cast where we got three different women’s POVs, so probably not every reade
Kirsten
I really enjoyed this. More chick lit than a romance, this is a multi-character soap opera. One young woman has recently lost her father, the other her mother. One the mother of an 18 month old, one finds herself unexpectedly pregnant. Then there is the one woman's mother dating the other's father. Add to this the brother of one dating the other woman.

The "million little things" of the title seems to be all the mini-crises that erupt around these three women and there worlds. I really enjoyed t
Lynda
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
These book follows the friendship between Zoe, Jen and Jen's mother, Pam. Each character is just trying to work on their own problems. Zoe has recently ended a long relationship; and feeling lonely. Her best friend, Jen is a fairly new mother; caught up in her own problems to notice Zoe struggling. Recently widowed, Pam is there for Zoe; and they begin a friendship.
An enjoyable story! I'm looking forward to visiting Mischief Bay, again.
Chloe
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Still loving this series! This one follows Pam, her daughter Jen and Jen's best friend Zoe. I love how all of the characters are so connected and we circle back around to characters from the 1st book even if they weren't in the 2nd. That being said, she also does a good enough job of giving background that you could read these as standalones, though I wouldn't recommend it because it adds so much to know the characters. My only complaints about this book are that it was very predictable and a li ...more
Christina
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
I didn't love the character of Jen, but I liked that she seemed the most real. A new mom suffering from anxiety. She was well written and while I don't have any kids,I felt like I could feel what she was going through. Zoe, I also understood a bit when you've grown up and the people around you are now in different places and feeling alone. Pam, just kind of sucked in this book. Their stories intertwine as friends/family...the struggles within their dynamic and then outside forces that help them ...more
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
Ugh, the obsessed Jen. Nope, can't do it.
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Challenges:
♥ RRRC Septemer 2018 Monthly Challenge #7. September 16th - National Stay Away from Seattle Day
Fluff Smut & Murder
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Jen should have been diagnosed a lot sooner. She was worse than a helicopter parent - she's a hoverboard parent...

Zoe - really couldn't feel a connection with her which is sad since she is a main character and I'm sure will be a heroine of the 4th's book in the series.

Pam - Can she go away now? She's been in the first three books so far and should be moved to a mention only role - kind of like Shannon.

Dee
Two-haiku review:

Again three women
Widow, young mom and single
Problems and issues

Enjoy Mallery
Realistic characters
Wrapped up in ribbon
Carrie Padgett
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even though I was sad to say good-bye to Fool’s Gold, I took comfort that Susan Mallery was still writing. And she was branching out from romance only to some compelling women’s fiction.

Mallery’s Mischief Bay series is definitely less romance, more women’s fiction. Mischief Bay has many things in common with Fool’s Gold. The warmth and humor for starters. But there are some major differences too.

Mischief Bay has heart and sunshine, but no over-the-top characters like Eddie and Gladys from Fool’s
Dianne
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

A Million Little Things by Susan Mallery

I don’t usually like books A with more than one story-line going on at a time, usually I only like this if the characters are secondary and it doesn’t impact the main story at all. However, Ms Mallery is a deft hand at using this writing device and with this book it was used to a very good advantage. The three women we meet will all take center stage, so we can look at it as if this book is three separate stories -it isn’t though, since all three
Jennifer Brown
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another winner by this author! This book follows Zoe and her friends as they struggle with their own problems. Her best friend Jen is all about her baby Jack. Jen's mom (Pam) and Zoe's dad start seeing each other and we get to see Pam struggle through getting on after her husband died not that long ago.

I liked Zoe's character and how real she was. She didn't try to lie/trap Steven when she could have. I was actually a little surprised at that story line because I thought for sure that Chad was
Lori
Apr 16, 2017 rated it liked it
3-3.5 stars. Is it just me or did this end really abruptly? I wasn't paying attention to where I was and then all of the sudden, boom, it was just..over.
Anyway, it was good. Nothing life changing or earth shattering, but good. Easily read on its own without having read the first 2 in the series.
I had a hard time connecting to this book and it took me much longer to finish it then something like this generally would. Jen was really annoying in her obsession that "something" was wrong with her so
Veda
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is book three set in Mischief Bay. Each book stands alone, but it does help if you have read the previous books to help you keep the characters of the book straight and to know what happened in the past for these characters.
This book had a few surprises I wasn't expecting. And it touched on several subjects that are and can be touchy subjects. You will have to read the book to find them all.
I have enjoyed this book, and would like another book, that is set down the road in the future to s
Melissa Borsey
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. I am really enjoying this Mischief Bay series. This is the third book in this series and while it can be read as a stand alone, I highly recommend reading this series from the beginning. This latest book has a wonderful, easy flow with characters that are both very interesting and relatable. Just an all around enjoyable and heartwarming read! I look forward to reading the next book in this series!
Joyce
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a light fast read about three women whose lives intersect.Zoe,
Jen, and Pamela. It is about friendship and loyalty and what can go wrong
when the line between friendship and family blurs. I enjoyed this story
with its twists and it portrays complications that can arise in relationships.
The story will hold your interest as you follow the characters and their
decisions. Enjoy!!
Around the Year i...: A Million Little Things, by Susan Mallery 1 19 Jan 15, 2017 02:21PM
  • Wedding Of The Century
  • Texas Blaze (The Gallaghers of Sweetgrass Springs #5)
  • Starting Over on Blackberry Lane (Life in Icicle Falls #10)
  • The Christmas Wishing Tree (Eternity Springs, #15)
  • A Bravo for Christmas (The Bravos of Justice Creek)
  • The Holiday Gift (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #15)
  • Siren's Song (Bewitching Bedlam, #3)
  • Once Upon a Highland Summer
  • Dune Drive (Chesapeake Diaries #12)
  • Any Day Now (Sullivan's Crossing, #2)
  • Daniel's Desire
  • Blue Skye (Woodland Village, #1)
  • Trust In Me
#1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery writes heartwarming and humorous novels about the relationships that define women's lives—family, friendship, romance. She's best known for putting nuanced characters into emotionally complex, real-life situations with twists that surprise readers to laughter. Because Susan is passionate about animal welfare, pets play a big role in her books. Bel ...more

Mischief Bay (4 books)
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
  • The Friends We Keep (Mischief Bay, #2)
  • Sisters Like Us (Mischief Bay, #4)
“I thought I loved him, but know I am questioning that. Love is supposed to be a positive thing. With him, my world got smaller, not bigger. I made so many bad choices.

I don't know if I want to. So I'm thinking on it... I hate that I was that girl. The one who built her life around a man. I thought I was smarter than that.”
2 likes
“I'm mostly faking it, but I'm moving forward. That's what we're supposed to do, right? Nothing stays the same.” 2 likes