Start by marking “Dr. Do-or-Die (Doctors in Danger #2)” as Want to Read:
Dr. Do-or-Die (Doctors in Danger #2)

Dr. Do-or-Die

(Doctors in Danger #2)

Two doctors are on thin ice as they race to save the world from a deadly disease.

Epidemic researcher Dr. Avery Thatcher has studied countless illnessesbut nothing prepares her for what she finds at a remote Antarctic base: the man she never wanted to see again and a mysterious ailment ravaging inhabitants. Avery will do whatever it takes to discover the illness's cause, an
Published January 3rd 2017 by Harlequin Romantic Suspense

To ask other readers questions about Dr. Do-or-Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dr. Do-or-Die

Books and Spoons
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The tension is high and the fear evident as a mysterious virus is killing staff members living at the Antarctic base. The limits of the environment set another kind of scare to the scene, the possibility of surviving the threat of the mystery disease is narrow as the knowledge of its ability to spread and havoc are unknown.
I have to say that the fear of the mystery disease was not only palpable on the pages of the story, the possibilities of the strength of it seeped into my dreams after readin
Susan
Terrific second chance story with the added benefit of some excellent suspense. Avery is a investigator for the CDC who is sent to a remote base in Antarctica when several people are taken ill from an unknown disease. The last person she expects to see there is her college sweetheart, Grant. Grant is the head doctor at the base and determined to find its cause and stop it. He's happy to get the assistance of the CDC, but stunned to find Avery heading the team.

I loved the rekindling of their rela
Carol Marques
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great settings, great characters. Lots of suspense. Believable suspense. Avery is smart with unfailing common sense and I liked Grant as a character and love interest. I knew if I picked up a Lara Lacombe book I would not be able to put it down and that was the case. Great read.
Alisha
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.85
Amelia
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are mounting threats in the latest Doctors in Danger story, where not only are the main characters in the book at risk but so are countless others. The plot about a group wanting to cause harm to a huge number of innocent people is all too frightening in today’s world, and Lara Lacombe bases her imaginative storyline on an actual scientific finding, thus making the book all the more realistic. As each new development took place, I became more fearful for the romantic couple and those indiv ...more
Lynn Brooks
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
An exciting ride of terror filled moments as they rush to stop an unknown disease before it catches up with them all! It keeps you guessing trying to figure out who all is behind the bad doings, and wondering if they are going to find them before more people are lost. I wanted a little bit more of a connection between the main characters. I felt their past was show-cased well, but the reunion and current relationship could have had a little more oomph to it.

Dr. Grant Jones isn't expecting an epi
Jessica Figueroa
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dr.Avery sent to a Arctic base to research and a random illness that popped up killing multiple people. She will do what ever is in her power to find the source and stop it from spreading. Last thing she expected was to run into Grant an ex of Avery's who is also working on a way to stop and research this illness.

Overall I thought that this book was good. It had an interesting set of characters that I enjoyed getting to know. I also loved that I got the POV of the the guy who created and spread
Dianne
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: galleys-arcs
Quit simply, this was a very typical Harlequin romance with the added quirk that it was set in Antarctica. The idea that the CDC is involved and that our heroine is a hot-shot doctor FOR the CDC even at such a young age, is even better but again, Harlequin can be contrary that way LOL!

While the plot may be difficult to swallow (terrorism via an ice core sample from the Antarctic)it is not ALL that difficult to swall and the author did a great jopb in making me beleive that it can really happen.
Frankie
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Avery & Grant were college sweethearts but Grant broke her heart. Ten years later, they are both doctors and they meet up again to stop a villain who is spreading a disease that is killing people. Neither has forgotten each other and Grant is especially remorseful in the way he hurt the woman he loved. This was an interesting read with very likable characters and a story that captured my interest till the end.
Joan Mitchell
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-have-won
A thriller and love story at the same time. A good read for a cold winter day. This wasn't the usual Harlequin romance, it was fast paced and interesting to the very end. I recommend this book to anyone who likes thrillers with a little romance. I received this book from Goodreads for free.
Trinitee Mitchell-Dunn
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book on Goodreads. I'm a sucker for these kind of Harlequin books. This one didn't disappoint. I really enjoyed it.
Kathy B. (Tx)
Alexandra
Nicole
Sam
Nov 24, 2016

• Executive Protection (The Adair Legacy, #2)
  • Her Christmas Protector (Silver Valley P.D. #1)
  • Operation Midnight  (Cutter's Code #1)
  • When No One Is Watching
  • McKinnon's Royal Mission (Man on a Mission #1)
  • Safe in His Sight (Escape Club Heroes #1)
  • Missing Mother-To-Be
  • Her Secret, His Duty (The Adair Legacy, #1)
  • Tempted by His Target
  • Protecting His Princess (Truman Brothers #3)
  • Seduction Under Fire
  • Second Chance Colton (The Colton's of Oklahoma, #5)
  • Takedown (Precinct, #6; The Precinct Series, #12)
  • Expecting the CEO's Child
Lara Lacombe is a recovering research scientist turned college professor who now spends her days writing and wrangling a toddler. She lives in Texas with her family and two entitled cats, and loves chocolate and her Crock Pot. She uses Facebook to procrastinate--stop by Lara Lacombe Books if you'd like to chat!

Doctors in Danger (3 books)
  • Enticed by the Operative (Doctors in Danger #1)
  • Her Lieutenant Protector (Doctors in Danger #3)