Start by marking “I Am” as Want to Read:
I Am

I Am

"I’d never thought about it, the end of the world. Nor had I imagined that I’d have to face it in my own lifetime. This past year I’ve been so busy trying to get through each day without thinking about what happened last October. But the universe doesn’t care about our little problems. It has its own way of deciding things—and I’ve come to understand that the universe is a ...more
Published June 15th 2016 by Woodland Park Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about I Am, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Am

Start your review of I Am
Archit Ojha
Throw yourself in.

Astronomical Sci-fi meets Young Adult.

A prodigious blend of high school romance, loss, science fiction and parenthood.

The story initiates with Jenny Baker's diary entries. She is terrified as the world around her is shattering down into pieces.

Some time before, her life was normal like any other high school-goer. She had a nice family, a sweet boyfriend and a decent student in her Physics class. Who knew all the dreams she had, will sink deep down.

Her fate intervenes. She
Joanne
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was an amazing story. It starts innocently enough as a story about a girl and her boyfriend, separated by death. It then branches into different storylines that all converge, once again, on the girl and her boyfriend.

Who is, "I Am"? What does, "I Am" mean? Those are the major questions in the book. Is it an ancient life form? Is it an alien spaceship? Is it the girl? Is it her boyfriend? Is it their unborn child? Is it a combination of all of those. Is it life itself? Is it the
Hyacinth
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Thank you for choosimg me as a winner in the giveaway. I was deceived by the title. Deceived may not be the correct word. I AM as a minister means something totally different to me. When I first started reading, I thought this is going to be a drag. I learned a lot more about astronomy and equipment than I ever wanted to know, lol. I got a bit of sci fi. The Dr. Travail was cool. But the part I was not ready for was a Jake...but I liked it. I didn't understand the grave scene with his mom ...more
Jeanette
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reyiel Ananke
I won this book through Good reads giveaways.

How normal a life can be when tragedy strikes and all seems to have a very catastrophic end?

Jenny is a young woman struggling to face her own reality when the very existence of Earth is under threat.

The book is very interesting and easy to read, a tragically love story with a very neat story line, the sweetest love story in the background and enough details without being boring.

I must admit that the book lost me sometimes with the sheer amount of
Francis Carrière
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
I liked Jenny's story... her decisions she has to make, all the weird stuff thats happening to her. Theres lots of mystery around her. It would be great to dig deeper in her character. I didnt really understant all the technical aspects about the telescopes, that was a little too much for me. I didnt quite understand the ending and the meaning of I AM. I have won this book on goodreads. I also have another book of this author. I'm a little intrigued if it will be similar.
Kammera
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: science-fiction
Too many unanswered questions and then an abrupt end. This would have been an awesome storyline if things would have been fleshed out. Who was the Dark Traveler? What is the whole backstory? People now coming back from the dead? Ok. Now we have taken a completely different road on this story. I like a little mystery like everyone else but come on- just huge chunks of information not provided is frustrating and makes this story seem incomplete.
Michelle
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
For Jenny Baker life was good and then tragedy struck.She takes a leave from school to work at the university's observatory and to keep her mind off of things.She learns about a comet and starts to look for it.It gets the attention of the government and she helps to save all of us from the comet.During this time she has a personal issue and when it is time for the baby to be born she also gets a big surprise.Life takes on a whole new meaning.The life she imagined might be able to be-she just ...more
Ricky Kimsey
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Asteroid Threat

In this book the Earth is under threat of an asteroid slamming on our planet. I like this because of the characters. If you take out the asteroid threat it would be a great novel.
Alissa
Mattie Hyde
Good story but I hope that the author comes back at some point and re-writes it. There's very little character development, and it's perfect if you want to know everything there is to know about telescopes. Very technical. I got the impression that this book was written by someone who doesn't understand that you have the make the reader feel for the characters. Very direct to the point. Dialog was stilted.

This book has lots of promise, just needs more development so that you actually feel what
Beverly Huffman
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Guardian

A nice story that's an easy read. A light SciFi book. Science, young love, death can be found as an asteroid hurtles toward earth. Ends quickly leaving you looking for the next book.
Rick E Burigana
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I gave this a four out of five star rating because there seemed to be an unnecessary amount of technical information regarding the astronomical procedures. Otherwise it was a very interesting and well written story.
Debra McLean
Definitely a book for kids

So many holes and unrealistic, maybe just too short. Jakes explaination just was not enough to explain a dead man. The start was so slow and the ending just in a few pages
Nathan McCosker
phyllis
Sep 23, 2016
Donna
Jan 26, 2017
Goodreads Authors...: Giveaway Weekend on Amazon for "I AM" 1 6 Sep 24, 2016 09:47PM
Book Title Origin for I AM 1 1 Sep 04, 2016 12:44AM
I am a reader and a writer, although I was also a research physicist for about 30 years—believe it or not writing and imagination are almost as important in physics as is an understanding of how the world works, and mathematics.

I've read so many many books I can't possibly remember them all, and I don't really try. I've put a few on my list here, but I had a habit of going on reading binges where