Start by marking “Female: 918: Part I: Exist & Survive (Exist. Survive. Live.)” as Want to Read:
Female: 918: Part I: Exist & Survive (Exist. Survive. Live.)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Female: 918: Part I: Exist & Survive (Exist. Survive. Live.)

There are seventeen inked dots on the inside of my left forearm - to indicate my age - plus the identifier, F-918. That is my name, the only one I have ever been known by.
A future impossible to imagine. The world is a connected entity, covered in train tracks which link countries and floating cities. The advancements in technology and science also carry a darker edge.
Published June 28th 2016 by JTT Publishing (first published November 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Female, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Female

Start your review of Female: 918: Part I: Exist & Survive (Exist. Survive. Live.)
Ellie Williams
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
The word 'Genius' falls into play.

I love the great old-fashioned art of English Literature. JE has that brilliant feel in his writing, it's classic.
As I read Jason's tale of Aunty Rain, Daisy and the Girl F-918 I was compelled to finish it in quick pace.

#Exist #Survive #Live.

The devastating memory of Aunt Rain and the past of old life. The bombs and death remind me of a time not long ago.
This book has a lavish imagination which reminds me of a place clashed with World of Warcraft and Killzone
TJ
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I adore books by Jason Ellis. They are always fun and easy reads. Female: 918 was no different. I loved this novella.

This book is set in a dystopian future and is told through the point of view of an unnamed girl, simply known as F-918. The world has taken a dark turn, and slavery has returned. People are "grown" to become slaves, and are essentially denied basic human rights. But that is all about to change.

I'm not sure what else I can say about the book because I don't want to give anything aw
Lauren
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a very quick read about a nameless young woman who has only known hard labor and forced slavery. However a new era is within reach. She meets a young boy who knows more than she, and a war begins with his actions. The story line is absolutely fascinating and brilliant. It reminded me faintly of the hunger games. I can not wait to find out what happens next! This book is a must read!
The Cobbler's Daughter
I used to read dystopian stories all the time. I sort of burned myself out and took a long break. This book while not my favorite of that genre certainly was well written with an unusual story.

It's set in the future where all countries are one, all linked together by trains and floating cities. Since there is many technological advances in the world workers are needed. Workers are grown to serve as slaves. This is the story of one of those slaves, a girl named F-918.

It's a world where no one has
Kerry Baker
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Female 918 by Jason Ellis is a uniquely imagined story in which the world has been irrevocably changed.
The book follows the life of Female 918, the only name she has ever gone by. She goes about her daily tasks, questioning nothing, accepting everything. Until one day everything changes. Flung into a battle she didn’t even know was being waged Female 918 doesn’t know who she should trust.

Then she meets Adams, a young woman who is working for the supposed enemy. Adams promises that she will be ab
Marsha
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Female: 918

This is part 1 of a story about Female: 918. It's different from any story I've read and I had a hard time investing in it until towards the end of the story...
F918 is a slave. She knows no other life. Obedience and servitude. Her eyes are opened one morning to other possibilities and she spends a large portion of the story trying to accept this. She meets people along the way and part 1 ends on a happier note than it began.
Kirsty Turner
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book via the Quirky Blind Date With A Book Group. This is my first read from Jason and also my first dystopian read. This is a great quick read and I quite enjoyed it. There was lots of action and description which made the book easier for me to digest. I am looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Samantha   Vickery
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
A quick read dystopian society type book. Very descriptive and well written.
☆Joycedale☆
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r2r, blind-date, kindle
A great start to a series. The world has reverted back to slavery. Female 918 is a slave girl who doesn't know a different way of life when she learns there's a group trying to put an end to it. ...more
2OCC Reviews
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: jessica
I'm going to be honest and say that I don't like the cover of this book. I'm not trying to be mean, but it doesn't draw me in. But I liked the idea of the books so I gave it a shot.

Without giving too much away, I liked the characters for the most part. Each character was unique in their own ways. There wasn't many that we say and liked, but I did like F-918

The flow of the story seemed to planed and didn't seem like it was natural. The inner dialogue to me was a struggle. I pushed forward and fin
Wanda Hartzenberg
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Sometimes I worry that I am simply in love with a particular genre, making by default my judgement pro or con to a certain story. So I read this book and let it "rest" to see if it stands the test of time. It does. I love this girl. I love why she is such an integral part of the coming change. I love this world and hate it at the same time. It is the perfect world for these characters to grow and shine in but it is also most of ours worst nightmare. The flow of this book is brilliant. It felt as ...more
Charlotte Munro
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the first page you are gripped by the shoulders and pulled headfirst into the story. The characters are compelling and dimensional, the story itself is full throttle and leaves no room for breaks. You want finish it, you need to. I spent until 4am completely engrossed in Female:918, so much so that when I turned the last page I started back on the first all over again because the story wouldn't leave my head and the characters felt like I knew them like friends. I wanted to experience it al ...more
Cindy Fong
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a dystopian story of self awareness of wanting to overcome circumstances to change a known way of life. She was created in a sterile environment with the purpose to serve and be a slave until her usefulness was extinguished. One event causes her to reevaluate her life and this starts a chain reaction of thoughts of a different life and what that means to her. It felt a bit disjointed but I suspect that was on purpose to help the reader emulate the feelings of female 918. I am interested ...more
FeeMac
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it
A futuristic world where people are grown to be slaves to the more powerful and fortunate. With continued advances in medicine and technology who knows what the future holds. One can only hope it's nothing like what this book portrays. Very descriptive, interesting, unique read that will leave you questioning the future way beyond the last page. ...more
Terra Drynan-Werder
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a GREAT book!!! This is so far on the other side of the spectrum from what I would usually read and I really enjoyed it. Thank you to the Quirky Blind Date for introducing me to this book and it's author. It was well written, fast paced and keeps you guessing. I can't wait to read the next book to find out what happens. ...more
Erin Gameren
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing and fast paced. This is not a book I would usually read but I loved it.
Kate Parry
Jul 31, 2017
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: blind-date, read-2017
Went on a blind date with this book.

Really loved this story. My only complaint was that going in blind that I thought it was going to be the whole story and not a cliffhanger because of the prologue.
PugMom
Misha Chan
Apr 10, 2017
Bin Blogs Books
Jun 29, 2017

• The Wild (The Wild, #1)
  • Flowers on the Wall (Hart of Rock and Roll #1)
  • Dalysian Hope (Dalysia #1)
Hi, and thank you for dropping by :D

My bibliography info changes ... a lot! Keep checking all my social media accounts for updates :)
Insta: jason_ellis_books
Twitter: JasonEllisBook1
FB: ukauthorjayellis
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmkp...
Blog: https://jellisauthor.home.blog/

We are now at the end of August, 2020, and this year has been ... well, there are no words.

I am still sooooooo bu