Start by marking “Ice Crypt (Mermaids of Eriana Kwai, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ice Crypt (Mermaids of Eriana Kwai, #2)

Ice Crypt

(Mermaids of Eriana Kwai #2)

Meela has just returned from the Massacre—the annual attempt to wipe out the mermaids threatening her people’s survival. After forming an unlikely connection with Lysi, a mermaid she was trained to kill, Meela is determined to stop the war between humans and merpeople for good. She knows of a legendary weapon that could bring peace if she uses it against King Adaro, ruler ...more
Published July 25th 2016 by Rogue Cannon Publishing (first published July 12th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Ice Crypt, please sign up.
Matisse Book three is out. A long time ago.

Start your review of Ice Crypt (Mermaids of Eriana Kwai, #2)
Tiana Warner
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mermaids
Not to be modest or anything, but this is my best book yet. *hugs pages*
lov2laf
Ice Crypt is a worthy sequel to Ice Massacre but different in style.

Ice Massacre was a dark edge-of-your-seat action packed adventure with two female armies fighting to decimate each other. It was a true grit blood bath that I loved and I'm not even a fan of blood.

In Ice Crypt we get a much slower, balanced story with alternating view points between the main characters Meela and Lysi. Lysi's storyline is more action based while Meela's is a meandering of sorts where we feel her frustration and
Nick
Feb 05, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I finally have this book and I am so excited. The first one was awesome, I hope this one's too.
Tyler J Gray
A Wonderful continuation of Ice Massacre! I've fallen in love with these characters! I mean I hate Dani but I love her characterization and understand where she is coming from even when I want to punch her. (view spoiler) Lysi, Meela, Annith, Tanuu, I love them so much! It made me think on several things while reading. Themes of family, friendship ...more
Eve Messenger
I'm perplexed about why more book lovers are not reading the Mermaids of Eriana Kwai series. It's so fun! Okay, maybe I kind of get it. Some people are into mermaid stories; some aren’t. I honestly have no preference either way. I just really love this series. It's so much more than mermaids.

Here's the setup: human inhabitants of the island of Eriana Kwai are mortal enemies with merpeople/sea demons who are starving out the islanders and killing fisherman under the leadership of an evil, power-
Lo
in this house we love gay mermaids
Jhosy
This book was frustrating for me.
I didn't like the alternated povs. I didn't like the ending either.
I really wanted this to be a romance between a human and a mermaid and that the two would remain in this state even within a relationship.
That was disappointing.
And for these selfish and personal reasons, I can't force myself to give a greater note than this
fae
An amazing sequel
💚🌊💚🌊💚🌊💚

I don't understand why this series is so underrated
rtc, maybe? (view spoiler)
Boston
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: f-f, read-2019
BadassCmd
In the beginning I wasn’t exactly sure if I’d like it as much as the first part – but then it drew me in and I ended up reading through the nights once again.

What comes to my mind the most when I think about the book is the word ‘exciting’. It’s fast paced, there are mysteries and heroic deeds and shocking revelations all around.

I loved that we got two perspectives in this part. I liked to finally get more backstory and information on Lysi and to see how the society under the sea works. It’s wri
Starsandsun18
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm learning a lot about mermaid/merman's here. And I'm interested to read more about them. I hope many will write something like this. I know we're used to read about dragons, witches, werewolves and vampires and I rarely see about mermaids.

A lot of great secondary characters which I'm beginning to love bout from Mee and Lysi's side.
I also like Blacktail and Tanuu's banters and I think they're cute together. I hope they're still on book 3.
I also like the nerdy Spio. I hope he can also find so
Mari
Jun 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt
Pride Motnth 2020, #5
Besides som tropes (YOU'RE NOT LIKE OTHER MERMAIDS? REALLY?) and some plot conveniences, I liked this a lot. It's a just a lot of fun!

I mean... close frienships, lesbian mermaids, a little of mystery and mythology, what else could you possibly want for a good time?
Chelsies Reading Escape
After enjoying the first book in this series Ice Massacre I was really excited to read and review the sequel Ice Crypt. With well written characters and an entertaining plot it was easy to fall into this world again. The character developpement and world building was on point. When I was about half way it got intense. And I cant forget that glorious ending.

Meela and a mermaid named Lysi fall in love despite being raised to hate and kill each other. Once Meela comes back from her massacre, where
Diana
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book in exchange of an honest review. I have to say that having fallen in love with the first one, the second one had to be its equal or even better to get to be so great as the first. It did.
In ICE CRYPT we follow the adventures of Meela and Lysi. The first book followed Meela's POW, whereas this one is shared between the two girls. At earth, Meela is investivating and gathering clues in order to awaken the Host that Adaro wants in exchange of Lysi's live and to stop
Sara (Freadom Library)
Actual rating 4.5 stars

This review was originally posted at https://freadomlibrary.wordpress.com/

I received an e-ARC of this book from Rogue Cannon Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Critically
Plot – 4 out of 5 stars
The plot of this book is action packed and full of precious folklore. It’s filled with violence, war and death. It had it’s slow moments and while there was action, it wasn’t as packed as the first book. There were a lot of plot twists that kept me o
Alex
I loved the first book! This follow up was... Okey. Story went from interesting, to the incredibly typical YA syndrome. Which means its an alright read, but as a standalone it would never do. I have to say the ending was satisfying enough, so the reader won't feel like they are left hanging. It could've even been the last book, and I'd be alright with that.

First off, what I liked, was reading about Lysi, its pretty good and entertaining, on the other hand... The story is split every other chapt
Karen (thefictioncorner)
Im DEAD... The Ice Crypt features a shift in point of view where we go between Meela and Lysi. While this book is still action-packed, it is less than what was in the first book. The relation between plot and characters were amazing and don’t even get me started on the plot twists! This was an incredibly fast and fun read.

Throughput the first half of the book, things moved slowly and the plot was fleshed out pe
Nadra
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

Hands down this is one of the best book I have read all year. I truly hope this is not the last book in the series because there is just too much work for Meela and Lysi to do. The characters really shined in this series. The author went all out to expose the different characters range of emotions. Read the series. It is worth it. Please make a book 3!!!
jessica ☾
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this second installment, maybe not as much as the first but can you blame me? Lysi and Meeks spent the entire book apart- they deserve better!
James
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever read a book or watched a movie or played a video game and thought to yourself, 'I could stay in this world forever?' Upon finishing Ice Massacre by Tiana Warner, that is exactly how I felt with the world she had created. The story was gripping, the characters felt real, and despite being a male and probably one to be lured to my death by the mermaids, I wanted to be on that ship with those girls battling those sea demons for Eriana Kwai! Ice Crypt takes all the pros from Ice Massac ...more
Alice 🔮
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt-to-read
In that moment, everything in my life came together. Everything I’d ever felt made sense, like the world had opened before me. Lysi was my childhood, my teenage years, and now my future.

look this isn't the best book ever written and there are moments that don't really make sense but i'm going to give it five stars because i loved it so much and there is nothing you can do to stop me

edit lowered this to a 4 because i've been sitting on it and this felt more right. still love this book <3
Kelly
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was an incredible sequel to Warner's first book Ice Massacre. You really get deeper into who Lysi and Meela are as characters as well as both of their unique worlds. I was sucked in from page one and kept going with action and plot twists! I am so happy to be back in this universe that Warner has created and hope this series keeps going!
Dee Holmes
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic sequel to Ice Crypt! I was so happy to have Lysi's point of view and getting to see the ocean (and mermaid life) through her eyes. There's an ancient mystery, battles, an incredibly scary monster, and the cutest romance. Total win!
Alice
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, fantasy
Just as with the first book, the feeling I was left with as I finished this book is most accurately described as: OHMYGOOOOOOOD.

I LOVE this book, and this series, with my whole heart. For the most part of the book I told myself I’d give it a 4 because while I really love it a lot - especially the fact that Lys now gets a POV and narrates every other chapter! - there were more little flaws than in the first book, but now that I’ve finished it I honestly can’t remember any issues other than some k
Emma
This book is definitely very different to the first book, but in some ways I almost liked it better? Aside from a lull in the middle of the book when both Lysi and Meela came up against some dead ends in their respective quests, the pacing was a lot sharper in this book, especially in the final chapters, which are a WILD RIDE. I did think a lot of the story got wrapped up too easily, but all in all this series is great fun, and a really lovely wlw romance!
Devann
A pretty good sequel to the first book. I liked how this one alternated POV between Meela and Lysi so we got a lot more information about how the mermaid society works. Also we got a bit more information about how things work on the island and their relation to the mainline as well [although I'm still kind of confused why they don't just like ...use helicopters and stuff? I guess because that would be too easy lol]. It's a pretty light read but I'm a sucker for a good F/F mermaid romance so I'm ...more
Allie
Ban
I was given an advanced copy of Ice Crypt in exchange for an honest review.

In 2014 I was lucky enough to stumble across Ice Massacre, the prequel to Ice Crypt. Instantly, I fell in love with the world Tiana Warner had created, and knew I’d be following this series.

Ice Crypt did not disappoint. For those of you yet to read Ice Massacre, please go and give it a read and don’t miss out on such a unique YA novel that has much to offer in story and characters. You won’t regret it. This review conta
L
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The worst part of this book is the long wait until the next book comes out.

Ice Crypt does us the magnificent service of splitting off into two separate journeys. We follow Meela as she teams up with her friends, Annith, Blacktail, and Tanuu to search for the Host of Eriana, and we follow Lysi as she suffers Adaro's punishment for her rebellion and copes by... rebelling even further.

Even though the two women spend most of the book apart, you really get a sense for exactly how much they care abo
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Edge of the Abyss (The Abyss Surrounds Us, #2)
  • The Abyss Surrounds Us (The Abyss Surrounds Us, #1)
  • Breaking Legacies
  • Aurora's Angel
  • Breaking Character
  • Dragonoak: The Complete History of Kastelir
  • The One Who Eats Monsters (Wind and Shadow, #1)
  • Charon Docks at Daylight
  • The Queen of Ieflaria (Tales of Inthya, #1)
  • Dragonoak: The Sky Beneath The Sun (Dragonoak, #2)
  • Compass Rose
  • Requiem for Immortals
  • Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
  • The Lily and the Crown
  • The Red Files
  • Damage Control (The Hollywood Series, #2)
  • Of Ice and Shadows (Of Fire and Stars, #2)
  • Who'd Have Thought
Tiana Warner is the best selling author of the Mermaids of Eriana Kwai trilogy. Her books have been acclaimed by Writer’s Digest, Foreword Reviews, and the Dante Rossetti Awards. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from the University of British Columbia. Tiana enjoys riding her horse, Bailey, and is an active supporter of animal welfare.

✏️ tianawarner.com
✏️ Twitter
✏️ Facebook

Acclai

Mermaids of Eriana Kwai (3 books)
  • Ice Massacre (Mermaids of Eriana Kwai, #1)
  • Ice Kingdom (Mermaids of Eriana Kwai, #3)

News & Interviews

“Maybe I couldn’t help everyone survive, but I could, at least, save this one life.” 2 likes
“My people had never been willing to believe mermaids had minds like ours. But they did. Mermaids fought like humans, laughed like humans, and loved like humans.” 2 likes