Start by marking “The Playbook” as Want to Read:
The Playbook

The Playbook

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  2,173 Ratings  ·  276 Reviews
My life revolved around two things. Football and my cock. And not necessarily in that order.

Being the head football coach for a top university in Texas had its ups and its downs.

The ups? Endless women to f*ck.

The downs? The politics that came with the job.

From the moment Aubrey Cain walked into my office, she turned my world upside down. Being forced to have her follow
Published September 13th 2016 by K. Elliott Enterpirses

To ask other readers questions about The Playbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Playbook

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
This was another fun and entertaining, light hearted read by this wonderful author. There are quirky moments, some very steamy moments, and there are some bang my head on the wall moments. I love sports romance novels but this one seem to have a different feel to it, more focused on the love story❤

First and foremost, I loved Brett Owens!!!
Kelly Elliot knows how to write the perfect mix of alpha, sexy, sweet & mushy. The forbidden romance factor made the story all the more hot!
Brett Owens is
Shannon Moore
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Let me just start by expressing how much fun this book was to read. It's not what I expected from the synopsis, but the entertainment and enjoyment that manifested from this story was equally as exciting (that's a lot of 'e' words in one sentence). There's so much banter, flirtation and wittiness between not only these two but all of the characters. Here's just a small snippet of a classic interaction.

Aubrey held up her hands and laughed. “I’m kidding. My gosh. I already know the history. Tea
NMmomof4
2 Stars

Overall Opinion: Hmmm. This is a hard one to rate. I read it pretty fast, and I think it's because I was invested in their story to a certain extent. BUT...in reflecting on the overall story before writing this review I'm really conflicted. There were just too many things that bothered me to justify a higher rating.

I apologize in advance, because I'm sure I get a little ranty here.

I felt like the author threw way too many drama inducing things in to the story, and they were all so easil
J. Grayland
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aubrey Cain Has always wanted to be a reporter for the NFL even though she knows how much hard work it is for a woman to break into a male orientated world. Now to get her dream job she has to shadow the sexy coach Brett Owens around for one month and write a full article on him, simple right? Notorious playboy Brett Owens with his bad boy reputation and dirty talking mouth only loves two things, Football and Sex, until he meets Aubrey Cain and what starts out as a playful game of Brett trying t ...more
Karen Mc
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“Love is not something you go out and look for. Love finds you, and when it does, ready or not, it’ll be the best thing to ever happen to you.”

Love found me in the form of a sensational and swoon-filled sports story: The Playbook. Fast and furiously, The Playbook became my fix and my fascination. I was glued to this story with the intensity of watching my favorite team play football. The Playbook captivated me, caught me, and claimed me. I WAS ALL IN. The romance poured off the pages while the h
Amy
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Fantastic Stars!!

“Please kiss me, Just once.” I would never forget how those words made me feel. Like the first time I saw her and she smiled at me.

“There was something about Brett Owens that felt dangerous. He made me want things I knew I shouldn’t want, yet I didn’t care. I felt daring when I was around him.”

I love, love, loved this book. Talk about a romance that hits all the marks. This book gave me everything I never knew I needed and then some.

The Playbook is a stand-alone novel and is t
1-Click Addict Support Group
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Buckle up for this rollercoaster ride, y’all. There is a LOT going on in this book! It’s entertaining, sizzling, with a tiny touch of mystery and a whole ton of emotions.

Honestly? I was a little afraid that Brett Owens was going to be too much of a manwhore for me, but I quite enjoyed him actually. He’s cocky, foul-mouthed, and completely irreverent, but once you get past the surface, he’s completely sweet, adorable, and easy to love. I did love him quite a bit—even when he made bonehead decisi
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-arc
4.0 "PLAYBOOK" STARS!!!

"I'm scared of you being gone. Of us living two separate lives, but I realized I'd rather have that over a life of living without you."

Oh My Gawd This Book.. I mean like this is my first Kelly Elliot read and man it exceeded my expectations. Sure though, it was somewhat lighthearted with a slight to no angst but I really cannot deny the fact that I enjoyed every moment of it. I devoured it and I feel like I was addicted to it. That and the fact that I've been waiting for
Carmen Rae
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
I kind of feel punked writing this review, the last book I read that was similar I got a little ranty about what I want in a sports romance and it was kind of this. But of course there’s a twist.

This started out perfectly and I thought maybe the book god’s were sick of me ranting and had delivered. DUDE was the man who’re with the heart of gold. He had the dirty mouth and the unrivaled skills. Add in the instant attraction and I thought for sure I was going to be happy.

I even loved her. I do ha
Hms
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports
An ESPN reporter trying to land her dream job as a side line reporter for the NFL, is assigned to write an article for their in house magazine. Problem is, the subject matter isn't in the world of the NFL, her subject is a championship winning college football coach who is known for his plays on and off the field. A notoriously gorgeous ladies man, Brett Owens, loves his job and the perks that come with it but one pesky beautiful reporter by the name of Aubrey Cain will not get in his locker roo ...more
Krishaines
Sep 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
Three Chicks
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

Aubrey Cain works for ESPN as a reporting on college football. She's worked her ass off, belongs on the sidelines for the NFL and everyone knows it. But it's still a good old boy business and she just can't seem to shatter that glass ceiling. Yet.

"The big boys don't like it when the girls come play in their sandbox. Especially when we can build the castle bigger and stronger."

But she's about to get a break-she's going to be shadowing Brett Ownes, the coach for the University
Tanya
Aug 19, 2016 added it
The Playbook was the perfect read for me. Kelly Elliott incorporated all the things I love in a book which are love, laughter, romance, dirty talk, and strong characters. It was a book that had me completely captivated right from the cover all the way to the blank last page telling me that there was no more. By the end I was completely fulfilled. I devoured this book with quickness. The Playbooks will leave you with this overwhelming feeling of LOVE.

Brett Owens owned me from the very first dirt
Pam Nelson
4 The Playbook Stars

Brett & Aubrey

You know that feeling you get when you finish and book and it was just what you needed.
This was that book for me. I enjoyed that Aubrey didn’t have a job like you would think. And I loved that Brett was totally a Brett. LOL ..

Once you read the book you will see what I mean. I loved that emotions can sneak up on someone and BAM before you know it your in love. I think that is why I like romance so much.

I do wish Aubrey had told off her boss at least once.
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Link to full review below!He is such a manwhore it actually kind of turned me off of this book. Overall, it turned out to be good, but it was nearly a DNF for me because of the hero. He is seriously slutty and its not cool. Safety Gang: OW/OM drama, the couple breaks up for a bit and the heroine does sleep with another guy during that time See full review on The Book Disciple
Mary Tatar
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After reading this book I wished I had special powers to make the characters come to life. I needed them to be a part of the real world, and not the one about seven strangers who are picked to live in a house.

I loved this book so much!!!!

Full review to come....

Value 5

Panty scorching 5

Storyline 5

Overall Rating 5

Squeeee! I have been waiting on this book for what seems like months! I freakin LOVED IT!  Kelly has a way of telling stories like no other. I have read every book of hers and there's a reason why...  she can write her ass off. This book is no different. Although I do think Brett is one of her dirtiest men to date. Oh my damn he's hot. And Aubree.... sigh.. I love her just as much.

Brett is the man. No seriously. He's the epitome of
Romance Readers Retreat
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a new to me author and I absolutely loved this book! When I first started reading it I thought it was going to be an insta love kind of romance which I'm not a huge fan of but it turned out to be so much more than that!

Brett Owens is the head football coach for the University of Austin. He is the ultimate playboy and his life revolves around football and women and sometimes not even in that order. When ESPN college sideline reporter Aubrey Cain is forced to follow him around for the next
Dai Alvarado
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Voy a darle cuatro estrellas porque hubo momentos en los que sentí que la historia no avanzaba y en otros los personajes se apresuraban. Pero en si, es bastante buena y los personajes son de lo mejor.

Brett es HERMOSO. Dios, como amé a ese hombre, es que nada de lo que hacía me decepcionaba. Aubrey no esta mal, supongo... aunque hubo cierto momento en el que quise matarla.

Me derretí con el epílogo porque fue justo como lo imaginé :P
maggieandteddy

I liked the blurb so I decided I wanted to read this book before others on my tbr pile
The beginning of the book hooked me. "The looks" between the H, Brett and the h, Aubrey--
On the sideline of a football field WHILE Brett, the head coach is leading his college team to a championship.
There were some words and phrases that were a little choppy. Some misused words: ie your/you're (several times).
I did get into the story. I warmed up to Aubrey and Brett. Yes Brett warmed me up. Hmm...
Oh yeah.. whe
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 5 Playbook Stars ~

So Kelly Elliott has done it again!!!

She has given us a great book with an interesting storyline and wonderful characters.

I have to be honest….this book does have a different feel from the other Kelly Elliott books I have read. Yes she gave us a story with all the usual drama, Yes she gave us the sweet love story, and of course we got the HUNKY Hero, but what made this feel different to me was that it wasn’t
Maddy's Reading
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sport-romance
First and foremost, I loved Brett Owens!!!
Brett Owens is the youngest and most successful college football coach and he's also a playboy. Aubrey is the upcoming journalist sent to write about him. Its "lust" at first sight for both of them. However since it's forbidden and risky for both their careers, they decide not to give in to their attraction. How
Joy Novel Thoughts
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Not another Sports romance!

When I first received this book I kept putting off reading it because I was afraid it was going to be another standard sports romance novel like all the others I've been binge reading. Boy was I wrong and I instantly regretted it putting this to the side.

This book was saccharine and comical at times, filled with a dirty talking playboy and an over analyzing woman, who would be irrational at times and I could totally relate to, I mean, really how many of us haven't gone
Susan (susayq ~)
Kelly Elliott has been on my TBR for a long time. After reading this I'll have to move those up the reading order because I really liked this. Sure, Brett got on my nerves with his dirty talking mouth(not the dirty talking itself, but his timing on it), but in the end he more than made up for it. He gave Aubrey a HUGE grand gesture and I melted into a puddle on the sofa. I only wish Ryan and Emily would have gotten some kind of retribution for their behavior - call me mean or whatever, but they ...more
alyssa
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Playbook is the second book I've read by Kelly Elliott. After reading The Playbook I want to binge read all of her other books! This book was so good! I was hooked from the beginning and once I got into it is didn't want to stop. I love how the characters are so different and once they get to know each other they end up shocked. Brett and that filthy mouth of his will have you finishing this book in one sitting! **ARC PROVIDED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW**
Heather andrews
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really liked that Brett had a sweet side, "I kissed the tear away and whispered, “Please don’t cry. I can’t bear the thought of knowing I made you cry.” Brett for some strange reason has an issue with 80's music, "flipping through the guide, I groaned when I saw what she pulled up. Eighties music. “No. I cannot have sex to this music.” Her hand went to her hip. She looked sexy as eff." I loved this book, I loved Brett.
HeatherP
Sep 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Fun light hearted read by Kelly. There was lots of quirky moments and some steamy ones as well. Aubrey and Brett were both like-able and great together. This is a sports romance but it did have a different feel to it. My only reason for rating it a 3 was that at times it felt a bit all over the place. Other then that this was another great book by Kelly.

ARC in exchange for honest review
Melanie
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

This was a fun and sinfully sexy read. Loved the characters and how well developed they were. Kelly Elliott did not disappoint with this sports story.
Ann
Oct 07, 2016 rated it liked it
A solid 4.0 stars that unfortunately slid into 3.0-3.5 stars for me. The relationship got wonky when the heroine demanded too much too soon WAY too early.

Kelly Elliott is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling contemporary romance author. Since finishing her bestselling Wanted series, Kelly continues to spread her wings while remaining true to her roots and giving readers stories rich with hot protective men, strong women and beautiful surroundings.

Her bestselling works include, Wanted, Broken, Without You, and Unconditional Love, to name just
More about Kelly Elliott

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Nobody But You (Cedar Ridge, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)