Start by marking “Victorian” as Want to Read:
Victorian

Victorian

Celeste struggles with finding her way from a dark past until she gets a summer volunteer gig at the local historical fair. Enter outrageous actors, dominating psychics, and ghosts stirred by a medium’s presence.

With the help of the psychic’s son, who isn’t at all what her dream date would look like, but rather endearing all the same, Celeste uncovers secrets about the
Published June 19th 2016 by CHBB Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Victorian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Victorian

Start your review of Victorian
Rebecca McNutt
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Victorian is a deeply imaginative fantasy novel, written with vivid detail and originality. As the main character finds herself wrapped up in the supernatural, her adventures become really gripping and exciting, and she's a character who many readers can relate to. I loved Victorian and I hope it gets a lot more readers when it's released tomorrow. :)
Brenda
Both Celeste and Weronika had joined the Counselling Circle on the advice of others – complete strangers until they met in the group, they seemed drawn to each other though they were as alike as chalk and cheese. Both had pasts they wanted to keep hidden; pasts they weren’t prepared to share with anyone. But would the guidance of their counsellor, Michelle help – or hinder?

When Celeste was approached by her cousin Donna regarding a volunteer position at an upcoming historical fair, she initially
Dianne
They weren’t looking for a friend, they were at the Counseling Circle at the behest of others. Past traumas in their lives have made them socially awkward, guilt-ridden and skewed in their perceptions of life and themselves. Celeste and Weronika are different as night and day, but together they seemed to fit and together they found friendship through the understanding of unspoken pain.

When a Victorian festival is planned in a historical village, both girls find work as volunteers, but it is on
Scott Kinkade
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Those looking for action should steer clear of Victorian. It has very little to get your adrenaline flowing. But if you're willing to read a slower, more human story of love and loss, this is the book for you. Celeste and Weronika are interesting heroines with their own flaws and insecurities. Weronika's past, in particular, is so heart-wrenching you might wonder if her life can ever be salvaged. This is a well-written story which anyone who has ever experienced loss and trauma can identify ...more
Kandy
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Jordan Elizabeth. The characters are so well developed and the story line keeps you wanting to read all night long.
Brenda A
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: from-author
This is by far my least favorite title by this author. Normally I'm wholly engaged in her writing, and she has great diversity. She can easily write a book based in a fantasy realm, then deal with difficult family dynamics in another, then discuss legends of witches in the next. It's for this reason I've come to enjoy her writings--so far, she's been able to write about everything.

Victorian was a letdown. I absolutely love ghost stories, and I feel like there's never enough of them out there. I
Maria
*I was provided a digital copy in exchange for an honest review. Thanks to the generous author.

Victorian is the story of two girls; Celeste, and Weronica and how they get over their haunting pasts and finally able to move on. It's about their journey to healing and forgiveness, and the role their friendship and the Victorian fair play in helping them achieve it.

They meet at a 'Counseling Circle' which their families suggest they attend, and are drawn to each other. Together they find the
Casia Courtier
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review. Everything here is my opinion. There was no compensation aside from the enjoyment of reading.

I've read quite a few of Jordan Elizabeth's books and this one reminds me of Escape From Witchwood Hollow. The similarities are the emotional trauma of the leads and the supernatural/paranormal element that ties in and helps the characters through their trauma. Though those are big similarities, the two books are still very different.

Taylor Fenner
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book free in exchange for an honest review.

Of the books I've read by this author this is one of my favorites. I liked the idea of the Festival and the history of the village the festival is set at.

We meet the two main characters Weronika and Aeltye "Celeste" when they meet at a teen therapy group. Weronika likes to push the envelope while Celeste is kind of mousy and skittish. Both girls have dark pasts they don't want to talk about but each handles those problems differently.
Linda Hamonou
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book by Jordan Elizabeth Mierek. She really scores high in my list of favourite contemporary authors.
Victorian is the story of two girls with troubles in their past who end up diving way more into the past at a Victorian fair.
During the entire book you are teased with their secrets. As a reader, I felt a bit like a detective trying to figure out the characters' secrets while they worked on moving on through history secrets.
The stories are intricate and compelling, my only
Sophie
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I want to thank the author for sending me a copy of this book for review.

Celeste and Weronika are two young girls who meet at a Counselling Circle. They both have problems that need assistance, and they both want to move on with their life after traumatic events in their past.

But sometimes ghosts don’t want to be forgotten.

And when actual ghosts pop into the picture, things get a little confusing.

***

Victorian is a very ambitious story.

As always, the reader will be delighted with Jordan Elizabeth
Margaret Eversole
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book and hated to see it end. The ending was perfect for this book and that is all I am going to say about that. The main characters in this book are Celeste and Weronika....two girls whom attend a counseling circle where they become friends. Neither of the girls were looking for a friendship. Both characters have been through a traumatic experience that they do not want other people to know. When the Girls have an opportunity to work at the Victorian Fair they do not ...more
Nicholas Masters
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is my 4th story from Jordan and I her unique form of fantasy writing has definitely taken on its own identity for me.
Through this journey the improvements in characterizations and the portrayal and growth of the characters have improved 10 fold. In Victorian I really grew attached to the protagonists, and even got a real sense of those people closes to them.

Firstly, I need to admit that I am not a fan of the ghost genre. It simply doesn't normally make sense. However in Victorian it just
Gina Basham
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this. It was well written and the fair setting was fun. I enjoyed the characters and would love to see another story with these characters. My only teeny, tiny criticism was it took a little long to find out the background of both the girls. I would like to see where each of them go next. I would like to see them in a fun setting like the fair. I would also like to see where each of them go with the boys and friends in their lives. I have read several of Jordan's books and will ...more
Diana
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Victorian. Ghosts, fairs and secrets all wrapped up in one cozy story. I was pleasantly surprised throughout the story. You never know who is a ghost and who isn't.It was a little crazy to read a story where seeing ghosts is normal. Every character just seems to think its the norm. Very surprised by both both girls tragic past. I like they way neither one give up but keeps on pushing through until they are able to heal. Full video review on YouTube channel Adventures-IN-Print. ...more
Angel
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a very interesting book. I want to thank Jordan Elizabeth for giving me the opportunity to read and review her book. Celeste and Weronika are two young girls with a history of traumatic events. they meetat a Counseling Circle and begin a friendship that seems to be at odds. However, their issues have not been resolved but both are working to meet the challenge and move on in their life. Ghosts that are in need of help make the story more interesting. Good reading and good story.
Heidi
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are so many things about this book that I loved! It was very well written, with very realistic characters. There are some twists and turns that are really unexpected. I also think that Jordan took some really tough situations and went through describing the coping mechanisms and behaviors that may really develop from these issues. All of the things combined, the author put together an awesome story of ghosts, troubled teens, and a Victorian fair.
Jane Firebaugh
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was beautifully written. It kept me wondering and worrying about the characters, who were easy to grow very fond of, for all their prickliness. It touched my heart and I would highly recommend it to anyone who loves a good story and isn't afraid to met a few ghosts.
Alicia Huxtable
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This one sucked me in......and what made it better was the feeling you got about the story but you needed to read on to confirm your feeling. The characters were fantastically written and believable too.
Kaila
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very interesting story. The characters were crazy but fun. I loved the mix of supernatural thrown into this also. Having a ghost is amazing and the girls were so much fun to read. I am glad I got to review it
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
Woohoo! So far this author is 2 - 0 for me! Another great one. To begin with - I love ghost stories. Especially ones with a lot of "ghostly activity", and this one had it. It was like Jordan was not afraid or intimidated to put ghosts in her book. She met the challenge head on and it was a success!

I have to admit it started out a little slow for me and I wasn't sure where the book was headed. Then about 1/3 of the way in it started getting real good and I couldn't put it down.

The thing
TDCbookreviews
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: jordan-elizabeth
Celeste and Weronika meet at a counseling circle, though they seem to have nothing in common they become friends, and they get jobs at a local Victorian faire together that happens to be haunted. Celeste is excited to have a friend, as things have been hard for her ever since her dad left. Weronika can see ghosts, and doesn't mind telling anyone who will listen, as long as they don't question who the ghosts are. Both of these girls have secrets in their pasts that they are trying to hide. Will ...more
Donna
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story is beautiful, combining ghosts and historical reenactments with the tales of two girls trying to come to terms with the hidden (to the public at least) traumas in their lives. I really enjoyed the book and found it dealt with the subjects sensitively and yet in a way that was still appealing to the reader. A great read for all ages from young adults up, and one I highly recommend.
NB I received a complimentary copy of this book, but I always give an HONEST review based wholly on my own
Cathrina Constantine
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I tend to agree with many of the reviewers. Victorian by Jordan Elizabeth is full of heart and self-healing. The novel revolves around Celeste and Weronika, and I liked Zander. (Celeste's friend) The girls are in a counseling group and in dire need of healing of mind, body, heart, and soul. And each girls' past seems to haunt them in the process when healing is needed most. They get jobs with a Renaissance Fair which is quite interesting in itself. It's the presence of ghosts and supernatural ...more
Scarolet Ellis
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Victorian by Jordan Elizabeth is a great story that I got to read. I really enjoyed reading this story very much cause it has fantasy involved in this story. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy.

Tanya
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She is trying to get over her dark last and so when she gets a summer job. She is happy and she is soon enjoying herself. How will it all.go?.What adventures will she have? See by reading

Linda
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A story about two girls who meet at a counselling session and become friends. They get jobs at a Victorian Fair.
Melissa Levine
Sarah Greenwood
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Goes down as another off my 2017 Bookworm Bingo Challenge – A book published in 2016. Interesting, intricate read that follows two main characters – Weronika and Celeste (though her real first name is Aeltye). Following them while they struggle with their troubled pasts as they help out at a historical 1867 Victorian summer fair.

Story starts with a counselling session for teenagers. Each is being troubled by something from their past or present and it’s where we first meet Weronika and Celeste.
Dave Higgins
Jun 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Combining the all-consuming intensity of teenage concerns with the tropes of classic ghost stories, Elizabeth amplifies the tension of each.

Outwardly different yet each having their own reason for hiding, Celeste and Weronika volunteer at the local Victorian Fair. At first it seems a haven from their problems; but as the summer progresses, working for the fair brings its own set of issues, both mundane and supernatural. Issues that will force Celeste and Weronika to face the ghosts of their

• The Visitor
  • Unlovely: A Tale of Madness
  • Violence in the Blood (The Crime Syndicate #1)
  • Thieves
  • Only Lies Remain
  • If I Had Two Lives
  • Somnambulist: ak a Sleepwalker - A Contemporary Psychological Thriller
  • Debris
  • Fool Proof: A Sonia Amon, MD Medical Thriller (Dr. Sonia Amon Medical Thrillers Book 3)
  • The Judas Murders (Whippoorwill Hollow, #3)
  • Cabal (Cal Rogan Mysteries #5)
  • Cooper's Loot
  • False Flags
  • The Dead Trilogy
  • Rag Doll Bones: A Northern Michigan Asylum Novel
  • HOLE: A place of secrets and sorcery. Novella.
  • Grave Truth: A Sydney Brennan Novel (Sydney Brennan Mystery Novel Book 4)
  • Black Candle (The Sullivan Gray Series prequel)