Start by marking “Sweet Solace (Seattle Sound #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Solace (Seattle Sound #1)

Sweet Solace

(Seattle Sound #1)

Knew Him When

When they first met, Dahlia was far too young — seventeen, and already in love with the wrong man. While her husband Doug betrayer her trust, Asher Smith broke her heart when he wrote a song for her …and then simply disappeared from her life.

He Never Forgot Her

Published June 22nd 2016 by Sidecar Press, LLC (first published May 24th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Solace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Solace

Beth
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I see there are 3 books in the series, can't wait to check the other out!! "Seattle Sound Series", 1st book I have read by Alexa ...& it will not be the last, this book was beautifully written, well developed characters, second chance romance, I love the cover. .. this book is set in Seattle, so would love to see Washington, never been to that part though. Love the views there. very similar to Virginia is my opinion. A very quick, romantic, sexy read. So can't wait to read more from Alexa Pa ...more
Lissette
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A successful writer, Dahlia Dorsey has been doing her best to live her life after losing her husband. Never once did she imagine how much her entire life changes when she and her old friend, Asher, reconnect. She soon realizes just how much she's missed within the world around her. Determined to make the most of things, she promises herself to keep him at arm's length. That's easier said than done, however. Most especially when the chemistry between them sizzles at every turn.

A lovely start to t
Susan Meachen
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sweet Solace By: Alexa Padgett

First off I gave 4 Stars

This is a truly slow building love story of 20 plus years!!

Lia has some deep emotional issues!!

Will she be able to move past them?

To maybe find the Love she always wanted with Asher?

Asher has Loved Lia since the first time he saw her but she belonged to someone else. So he tries to move on with his life.

Now the universe has given him another chance. Can he deal with a Nasty divorce and what it reveals? Will he ever be able to trust anoth
Sue
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
The cover makes you think this is gonna be a "rocker" book...but is really a story about two adults, Two adults who have pasts that include happiness, sorrow and tragedy. It was refreshing to ready how these characters handiled their situations by making solid, thought-out decision and leaving the angst out of their relationship. If you're looking for a change from your typical YA rocker book, pick ths one up!
Ashley
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was so captivating! I couldn't seem to put it down and read it in one day❤ ...more
K.J. Simmill
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dahlia had been with her husband Doug for what had seemed liked forever, committed to the vows she made to the musician as a teenager. Even if he didn't take them as seriously. He had betrayed her trust, hurt her, destroyed her in ways she didn't think possible, and that was before his diagnosis, things had only got worse after. His death had opened more wounds, despite everything she had loved him, once. When her path crosses with Asher's, an old crush and famous rock star, she begins to feel t ...more
BookAddict
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book reminds me of two things: the saying “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans,” and the concept of the road not taken. The thing that I loved with all my heart is how Asher and Lisa’s story showed that in spite of all the trials, difficulties and roadblocks life tends to throw in our path, hope, love and happily ever after are still possible, and all those trials can make us stronger and more able to receive and appreciate the good things life has in store.

Sweet Solace
Coco.V
Nov 21, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on iBooks today (11/21/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Knew Him When

When they first met, Dahlia was far too young—seventeen—and already engaged to the wrong man. Her husband eventually betrayed her trust, but Asher shattered her heart when he wrote a song for her…and then vanished.

He Never Forgot Her

Asher’s whiskey-rough voice made him a star, but fame extracted its price. After leaving Dahlia Dorsey behind, he never expects the way he’ll feel when he sees her next. His once muse is now a widowed mother
Linda
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Romance author Dahlia and rock star Asher finally get to explore the attraction that has existed from the moment they met almost twenty years earlier. Each of them comes with a ton of a baggage but in this romance, where they actually take time to get to know each other before jumping into bed, they discover the load is easier to bear when you have someone to share it with. I loved Dahlia and Asher's beautiful love story. There's also a great cast of supporting characters in this engaging romanc ...more
Teresa Derrick
Apr 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Tragic and sweet love

Dahl is is a writer who hasn't written for a while. Her husband was a cheating liar who left her heart broken long before be died. Asher is a rock star with a cheating wife soon to be ex wife. Both knew each other before fame. Asher wants to be in Dahlia's life but she is too afraid to try. Family will give her a shove in that direction but life keeps setting them back. When love is all they need there can be a happy ending.
Angel Mcduffie
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Solace is a heart gripping emotional stories from both Asher's and Dahlia's points of view. This tear jerking story will grab you from the start and not let go. Alexa has shown how rough life can be for popular musicians and their families.
Julie Daneman
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Whooo - steamy. But not in a trashy beach-read way (though it would be nice to read on a beach). The storyline sucked me in - characters well developed, storyline moves along at a great pace. Really, really enjoyed it, especially after having read some "heavier" stuff lately.
Ehmma
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found the alternating point of views really helpful, and became quickly immersed in the story. True to life characters made the book supremely readable and although the foreshadowing was perhaps a little heavy handed, I enjoyed going on a journey with Asher & Dahlia
Coral
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Plot: 3/5
Characterisation: 3/5
Prose: 2/5
How much I enjoyed it: 3/5
Prose was okay for a 1st POV book. However, the dialogues were too simplistic.
Tanya Jones
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. The main characters are really well written; so much so I hoped their story continued in book 2. The character's depth had me enjoying each interaction they had and wanting more. I loved that the story line included more than just the main characters and that the age ranges of the characters varied so much and were so true to life. Looking forward to reading more of Alexa Padgett's work!
Teresa Williams
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great emotions!

I’ve gone back and forth on what to say about this book. At times it seemed a bit slow, while at others I cried and couldn’t put it down for anything. I’m definitely going to read the next book in this series for a couple of reasons. 1: to see if it was just this book that was up and down for me, and 2: and more importantly, to see if there’s any more about Asher and Dahlia, as well as Abbi and Mason. Abbi was amazing!
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What. A. Story.
Emotional for both Asher and Dehlia,Lia, and for their children. Liam is still having panic attacks after three years or being a widow but many more years of being a loving parent to her daughter and a push over from her high school sweetheart and rock star husband. He hurt her in many ways.
Asher is dealing with a b!tch of a soon to be ex wife, she wants want she wants no matter the consequences, like take all his money in the future in exchange for his son, and much more crap sh
Vicki
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WEll written, great story
Pat
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This wonderfully written book had me glued to my kindle from the very first page with a well planned plot and characters that were so well detailed that I was totally captivated until the turn of the very last page! I look forward to reading more from this author!
Carrie
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The progression of the characters and everything that they had to endure was wonderful. I cannot wait to read the rest of the series. I truly enjoyed the story. I cannot wait to see what else happens.
Bec
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfection. First crush that time couldn't erase. So many emotions. Loving this series. Great author
The Mysterious Reader
Alexa Padgett’s Sweet Solace (Seattle Sound Series Book 1) is an emotionally powerful and very well done story. Dahlia and Asher are beautifully crafted and their well-written story just tears into the reader. This is strong stuff that’s definitely worth taking on. But for the fact that I’m literally dictating this review to my husband from my hospital bed I could go on and on with praises - the book definitely deserves it. Since I can’t do that I will simply note that the book is most definitel ...more
Jelilat Adesiyan
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked it

It was simple and straight to the point, but don't confuse that with straightforward or dull. It was a beautiful, poignant story about giving second chances to yourself.
Kris
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book. I loved the history and build up between Asher and Dahlia. I also particularly liked that the author showed a good representation of panic attacks in Dahlia and I loved how Asher helped her to cope with them.
It was a great book and I would definitely read it again.
Alexandra
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story that rocks your world in more than one way. Alexa Padgett has created a series that feels so real. Where is the movie?

No, really, she writes a story full of heart, anxiety, sadness, and love. As we follow Dahlia and Asher try to fight this connection, as they go through their struggles, you can’t help but want to see them together. I enjoyed this story, so much. This is the first in the Seattle Sound series, I started with the fourth book, I knew some of Dahlia and Asher’s story but this
Kayla Griggs
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s great

I loved the book it would be really nice if the author wrote another book into their future. Maybe they have kids together get married something!
Vevo
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Beautiful book about second chances
Amy  Crull
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
~I was given this book for an honest review~

This maybe one of the first time I've described as rock star book. It might also be the first time I've read a rock star that didn't include a whole lot of sex. This book is all about healing and giving a second chance at love.
Dahlia has dealt with a lot with her life including losing her husband. She is stuck in a rug and just living for her daughter. A chance meeting changes everything. Seeing Asher and talking again opened up something in her. She'
Deana Luchia
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. A quick, romantic, sexy read set in the world of Seattle musicians. Great characters and a satisfying denouement. Nicely done.
Kim
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free from Amazon and I am voluntarily writing an honest review. Dahlia has been married to an indie rock star since she was in her late teens. He was diagnosed with Huntington's disease and before the disease took him he ended his own life. Dahlia is broken and lives only for her sixteen year old daughter Abbie and her career of romance writing, except she has writers block since the death of her husband. Her marriage was a broken sham since her husband could not resist the ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
With a degree in international marketing and a varied career path that includes content management for a web firm, marketing direction for a high-profile sports agency, and a two-year stint with a renowned literary agency, award-winning author Alexa Padgett has returned to her first love: writing fiction.

Alexa spent a good part of her youth traveling. From Budapest to Belize, Calgary to Coober Ped

Seattle Sound (8 books)
  • Between Breaths (Seattle Sound #2)
  • Hold You Close (Seattle Sound #3)
  • Many Sounds of Silence (Seattle Sound #4)
  • From the First (Seattle Sound #5)
  • Striker's Waltz (Seattle Sound #6)
  • When We Fell Down (Seattle Sound #7)
  • A Moonlit Serenade: A BadBoy Rockstar Romance (Seattle Sound Series Book 8)