Start by marking “Osiris (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #5)” as Want to Read:
Osiris (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #5)

Osiris

(Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase #5)

Piana di Giza, Egitto. Una squadra di archeologi sta finalmente per entrare nella mitica Sala degli Atti, nel cuore della Sfinge, per rivelarne i segreti sepolti da millenni. Un evento di portata storica e mediatica mondiale, che anche Macy Sharif, studentessa di archeologia, aspetta con ansia. Da settimane non fa che preparare caffè per i componenti della spedizione scien ...more
Hardcover, La Gaja scienza, 430 pages
Published July 12th 2012 by Longanesi (first published November 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Osiris, please sign up.
Serena Yes the Cult of Osiris is the UK title but is the same book as US title Pyramid of Doom.

Hailee
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: James Bond, Indiana Jones or Lara Croft fans
I’m a big fan of this series. Action/adventure thrillers isn’t my usual genre but I do have a couple on my tbr and I tend to stick with the series if they have characters that I love rather than the story plot itself. And this is definitely the case for the Wilde/Chase series.

I love the relationship between the Nina and Eddie. They bicker constantly like an old married couple despite the fact that this is the first book where they actually are married. No matter how much they bicker though it’s
Barbara ★
Though I own the first five books in this series, this is the first one I've actually read simply because I needed it to complete a challenge. Unfortunately for Mr. McDermott, it comes directly on the tail of me reading two excellent thrillers last month - The Alexandria Link and The Six Sacred Stones which were far superior to this book. I love anything to do with archaeology especially Egyptian. However this book doesn't actually have any excavating. Oh sure, there is a dig at the beginning bu ...more
Jordan Anderson
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After 5 books in this series (and another 4 or 5 I haven't gotten to yet), one would think that McDermott couldn't possibly keep the continuing story of Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase interesting or entertaining. After all, each novel is basically a rehash, retelling, retooled version of the previous entry, complete with basically the same scenarios, same one-liners, same escapes from near death, and, of course, the same over-the-top action and requisite destruction of various planes, trains, and au ...more
Tracey
Oct 22, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, adventure, fiction
I have not read any of Andy McDermott's work before, so I was unaware that this was a series of books. So I have came in when the characters are already down along the path of being developed.
There are lots of explosions, lots of broken bones, lots of bad guys, the obligatory useless Hollywood action here (think Charlie's Angels, lots of references to Indy, Lara and and you have a book screaming out make me into a movie.
To be honest, this book was not my cup of tea. I was disappointed with char
Kristen
I love this series. As long as you approach these books with the appropriate mindset, they are tons of fun and highly entertaining.

This series is not high-brow literature - it's basically a Jason Statham/Bruce Willis/Sylvester Stallone action movie in book form and as long as you know that going in and are into that type of story this is a fun, easy-reading kick-ass adventure.

Once again, Nina and Eddie end up in a death-defying adventure, this time in Egypt. At least this time around, they are
Jacob
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from_library
If some books are action movies, this one is almost a Michael Bay movie in terms of explosions and property damage and high-octane action. Fortunately, it's not as frenetic and plotless. And yes, I figured out the book was this way even before the author gratuitously crushed a Lamborghini.

Normally, I try very hard not to jump into a series in the middle, but the topic of this one interested me and it didn't feel like it would matter that much. Yes, it's THAT kind of series. But the fact that it
Mark
Another rip-roaring action-packed thriller in this ongoing series.

For those following the trail, both Nina and Eddie are down on their luck in New York at the start of the book (but now married), having lost their jobs at the IHA after the plot of the last book. Eddie is working as a bodyguard/chauffeur to a movie-star which proves quite useful at some points in the plot, whilst Nina is wallowing in her self-pity until she's drawn into the plot of this book (luckily that doesn't take too long).

A
Warren Thoms
A pretty good book. If you have read any of the others in the series than you know what you are getting. A half decent story and lots of action. This time Nina and Eddie are just scrapping by as Nina has been kicked out of the archeology company that she had been in. A girl working on a dig in Egypt sees that a side dig is going on and looks into it. What she finds sends the "bad" group after her to stop her from telling anybody. She gets a hold of Nina and the race for relics is on.
Lyn Richards
I normally love McDermott's action thrillers with the continuing story of Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase. However I found this story easy to put down and hard to pick up; it wasn't all bad though and I did get a few laughs throughout the book with the dry humour from the Eddie Chase character. The rest of the storyline was predictable and at times simply ridiculous. Nonetheless I read through to the end and it gave me some entertainment. I am hoping the next Wild & Chase adventure is a bit bette ...more
Marilouise Gilley
OK, I'm hooked! This is the second book that has been a "Wilde Chase" across many countries and with Nina and Eddie at hand it truly is a ride you won't forget. The characters are absolutely fun to read, and the villains are just downright nasty and hardcore bad to the bone. Love Eddie's English, it is filled with little what did you say.............."Ay Up", and "innit" funny sayings that you actually get used to hearing from him that make you laugh, and oh the action downright sit on the edge ...more
Meredith
First, why there was a decision to change the name for the American addition is a mystery to me. Took a while to figure out that the Pyramid of Doom was the same as Osiris.

Overall, this adventure was much better than the previous. It helped characterization-wise to remove the endless funds and backing that Nina and Eddie have had. Plus there was the addition of interesting secondary characters and their natures interacting with Nina and Eddie added some freshness.

Yes, still completely unrealis
John Mac
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Painful dialogue and some truly far fetched scenarios are partly redeemed by a nail biting finish. This story gets off to a good start and ends well, but it really sags in the middle. I've read six in this series now, having read one out of order, not realising it was a series. It's not literature, but it passes the time without requiring any brain work. This is probably the weakest in the series thus far.
Peter Ahern
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book in a great series.
If you take life too seriously and regularly find yourself picking holes out of the plot of a Bond film, or Die Hard, then this isn’t for you. But it’s good, ridiculous, light hearted fun, based loosely on historical fact.
You really need to read the other books in the series to make sure you’re acclimatised to the nature of the storylines, otherwise you may find it too far fetched.
Steven Leitman
while it still remains very formulaic there are a couple differences where we see him trying to change tracks with the characterisation here. while we see more archaeology if the series is going to be based on that premise maybe just maybe there should actually be some. more than running through trap laden places but actual archaeology this isn't Indiana Jones, though they had more archaeology than we see here. It is still a fun mindless toilet reading book though.
Malcolm Cox
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If this were a movie, it would be a high-octane action film with lots of explosions, vehicle chases and over the top baddies. The pure enjoyment of it would forgive all the far-fetched stunts and gravity-defying leaps. Thankfully, this book reads just like it would look on screen, so just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Nemanja
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book from Nina Wilde adventure series. Interesting, fast paced, dynamic, maybe a bit over the top with all the chases and gun-loving-explosion-filled-action scenes, but it was fun to read though...I loved the Indiana Johns typed adventure...
Conor Grath
Jean-Michel Desire
Fantastic! This one great treasure-hunt with the usual booby traps, only this is the result of a great imagination. I often wonder how authors will get creative with another treasure hunt, but Andy nailed this one down to perfection. This was really fun reading. I strongly recommend it.
Lina Ramos
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This should be a movie.
Claire
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Action-packed thriller which is a great page turner
Hana
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
It had everything you could expect fro the series: suspension, action, humor. I really liked it despite some of its grossly descriptions. What a ride...
Tressa
Sep 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, fiction
The Pyramid of Doom was enjoyable, but there were some gruesome deaths. There does seem to be a lack of regard for the lives of secondary and tertiary characters.
Panos Panagiotidis
As always this was with action, humour and twists. Really liked this one. Now to number 6.
Miss Shelley Winter
Awesome

Really enjoyed the book, brilliantly written as always and captured my imagination from start to finish. Thoroughly entertaining reading again
Renee
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great! Lots of action!
Susan Wetherbee
Once again a good action read
Jeff Dickison

A lot of slam bang action from beginning to end, but in the end, it is pretty juvenile, more interested in body counts than in logic. Recommended only to fans of sophomoric non-stop action.
Natasha Shea
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. Keeps you wanting more at every turn of the page. Great series to get into.
Sandra
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun read! I really enjoy the Wilde and Chase characters. This one was a bit hard to get into, but I finally got into it towards the middle.
Omkar Malvade
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
keeps up the expectation in all the ways
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3)
  • The Exodus Quest (Daniel Knox, #2)
  • The Geneva Deception (Tom Kirk, #4)
  • The Gods of Atlantis (Jack Howard, #6)
  • The Roswell Conspiracy (Tyler Locke, #3)
  • The Lazarus Vault
  • Primeval (Event Group Thriller #5)
  • The Secret Crown (Payne & Jones, #6)
  • The Lost Relic (Ben Hope #6)
  • Instinct (Chess Team Adventure, #2)
  • Sphinx
Andy McDermott was born in Halifax, West Yorkshire, and now lives in Bournemouth. As a journalist and magazine editor, amongst other titles he edited DVD Review and the iconoclastic film publication Hotdog. Andy is now a full-time writer.

Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1)
  • The Tomb of Hercules (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #2)
  • The Secret of Excalibur (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #3)
  • The Covenant of Genesis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #4)
  • The Sacred Vault (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #6)
  • Empire of Gold (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #7)
  • Temple of the Gods (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #8)
  • The Valhalla Prophecy (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #9)
  • Kingdom of Darkness (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #10)
  • The Revelation Code (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #11)