Start by marking “The Playboy's Proposal (The Sorensen Family, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Playboy's Proposal (The Sorensen Family, #3)

The Playboy's Proposal (The Sorensen Family #3)

Doctor Benny Sorensen has had it up to here with her party-throwing playboy neighbor. She’s declaring war. She doesn't care how gorgeous or charming he is, he's going down. That is until he proposes something she's not sure she can say no to...

Wealthy ad man Henry Ellison lives an uncomplicated life that revolves around work, women, and partying. In that order. Until Benny
Paperback
Published July 25th 2016 by Entangled: Bliss

To ask other readers questions about The Playboy's Proposal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Playboy's Proposal

Irene

The Playboy's Proposal was such a fun, entertaining and heartwarming read.

Loved Benny and Henry, they were both such charismatic characters.
They were likable, stubborn, amusing and just perfect for each other!
Loved their banter, Benny was full of sass and didn't hold back from keeping it real with Henry.
She made him feel things he hadn't felt before and while it frustrated him in the beginning the more time he spent with Benny the more he wanted to be with her.
It was heartwarming wat
Maria Rose
The Playboy’s Proposal is the third story in the Sorensen Family series by Ashlee Mallory. It’s one of the few ‘sweet’ romance series that I read, and after reading the first story last year, I knew I’d be keeping an eye out for the next ones. The author writes with such an engaging style and with enough sexual tension between the main characters that you really don’t miss the bedroom scenes and just enjoy the romance and family dynamics of each story.

This time around it’s Bernadette, or Benny a
Patty  (Bookish Wanderlove)
OPENING LINE

“The music’s never-ending thrumming surrounded her.”

-----------------------------------------
Things I Liked: the romance, the Sorensen family
Things I Loved: HENRY!!! Writing style, Benny, characters depth
Things I Disliked: nothing
-----------------------------------------
What a cute read!

I went into The Playboy’s Proposal not knowing it was the 3rd book in the Sorensen Family series. Although, I found it can easily be read as a stand-alone.

I did not realize how much I loved this trope
Jessica Alcazar
First let me say that this series has been a delight to read!! It's been fun and entertaining since book 1 and it carried momentum thru book 3 :)

The story of Benny and Henry is ridiculously endearing. Sooooooo much heart! :) I loved that their journey was built in proper stages ... they went from hate to friends to ultimately lovers and it was FUN and heart-warming to read.

Ashlee Mallory has a really likeable style to her prose. It's easy and low angst even when the story is somewhat tumultuous.
Alison
I received a free copy of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

The blurb:

Doctor Benny Sorensen has had it up to here with her party-throwing playboy neighbor. She’s declaring war. Wealthy ad man Henry Ellison lives an uncomplicated life that revolves around work, women, and partying. In that order. But when his attractive but hotheaded neighbor creates trouble for him, Henry offers to help her land a date with the man of her dreams. Only as Henry makes her o
Ayekah
Jan 15, 2017 Ayekah rated it really liked it
This is a great romantic and easy read. We meet Dr Benny Sorenson of the Sorenson clan, the one who knew form an early age she wanted to be a Dr. She's the last woman standing in the family as the rest of them have found spouses or significant others. Benny is a pediatrician, landing a great job and with that buys herself a decent condo close to work.

The story opens with Benny wide awake late at night because once again her inconsiderate jerk of a neighbor is having another one of his parties w
Paula  Phillips
Aug 08, 2016 Paula Phillips rated it really liked it
You know the teen movie and book "The DUFF" ? That is what The Playboy's Proposal by Ashlee Mallory reminded me of . As we met Playboy and PR extraordinaire Henry Ellison and his next door neighbour Benny aka Bernadette Sorenson. The pair first met when Benny is trying to sleep but Henry's partying is getting to her and so she rocks up in her pj's and dinosaur slippers asking him to turn the music off. Their next meeting is when she is working and he brings his niece in who has stuck a skittle u ...more
books are love
Feb 07, 2017 books are love rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this. Loved how Benny put Henry in his place from the very beginning. But hated how at times Henry didn’t think he was good enough for Benny and felt he was only temporary for me. That killed me to read.
Plot: fun and entertaining. I liked how Benny wasn’t someone Henry could plow over with charm. He had to work to earn her respect and friendship. I enjoyed immensely how their feelings evolved organically and it didn’t seem to quick or forced but over time and as they got to know one anot
Bette Stanek
Feb 11, 2017 Bette Stanek rated it really liked it
This series has been redeemed! The storyline isn’t really new, but Benny and Henry are refreshing characters. Benny has started her new medical practice and moved into an upscale apartment. The one thing she didn’t factor into her new life is her obnoxious playboy neighbor who parties until dawn and keeps her awake, even on weeknights. Does this guy ever work?

She also has another problem she didn’t count on. She has a huge crush on one of the partners in the pediatric practice and makes a comple
Stephanie
Feb 04, 2016 Stephanie rated it liked it
I received a copy of this title via NetGalley. It does not impact my review.

I’ve been in the mood recently for a cute romance and The Playboy’s Proposal was the perfect book for my mood. It had great characters and a cute, slow-burn romance that makes me want to break my self-imposed rule to never use the word “swoony” in a review.

Benny Sorenson (the youngest of the Sorenson clan, who we’ve gotten to know from the first two books in the series) has a major crush on another doctor in her practic
Bette Hansen
Jul 11, 2016 Bette Hansen rated it it was amazing
Loved it! It's cute, funny, and had me entertained all the way through. You couldn't help but smile at the witty banter between Henry and Benny. The book is very well written with a nice easy flow to the story.

Henry Ellison is enjoying life. Good job, plenty of women, nights of partying....that is until his meddling neighbor starts complaining to the HOA board about his late nights and bad parking habits. When that complain threatens his job he knows it's time to confront her. Dr. Benny Sorenson
Patricia
Jul 25, 2016 Patricia rated it it was amazing

I've had the pleasure of reading a few of this authors books and have honestly loved them all. She has a way of pulling you into her stories and entwining her characters into your psyche. I have laughed out load on so many occasions my husband thought I lost my mind.

In this book we have Benny a newly graduated pediatrician who's neighbor Henry has a love for work, women and parties. The last is which causes issues with her. She places a complaint with the condo board. When he confronts her he o
Isha Coleman
Jul 23, 2016 Isha Coleman rated it it was amazing
Henry and Benny are fun. Some of the scenarios border on absurd but that adds to the charm of the romance. Benny at first meeting comes across uptight, stressed and high maintenance. In reality she's more down to earth. After devoting a great deal of time to her career, she just wants a chance to relax. She dreams of a life that is less lonely and separate from her work. One of the reason's Henry gets under her skin is he has the freedom that she longs for. Lots of parties, not bogged down with ...more
Ree
Jul 10, 2016 Ree rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very fun romance to read. I had some "Lol" moments throughout, and other times the book just made me smile.

Benny & Henry are two individuals who, after getting off on the wrong foot with each other, realise the other is a great person to be around. After their rocky friendship looks as though it could become more, they have to decide if they're both brave enough to take the plunge.

Henry is cocky, sexy, infuriating and witty. I enjoyed the conversations/exchanges between him and Be
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Jul 12, 2016 Emily (Mrs B's Books) rated it really liked it
**My thanks to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing LLC, for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is a super cute read and perfect for those of you that like a clean romance as there is only a little kissing involved.

Both characters are well rounded and believable and have only small issues that are overcome with help from others.

The story is well written and flows really well and before you know it you have finished. I was really glad that Benny and Henry get together and we a
Carol Tietsworth
Feb 09, 2017 Carol Tietsworth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not another Eliza Dolittle

Benny Sorensen is used to being not enough. From the teenager watching as her crushes were swept away by her gorgeous sister, to her bumbling lust for another doctor in her practice, Benny is used to being not enough. Then she enlists the help of her playboy neighbor, to help her be more.
A thoroughly delightful book.
June Sheppard
Feb 23, 2017 June Sheppard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

The Sorenson's are a great family! Enjoyed the Benny/Henry story they made me so angry! Glad they made it to their forever.
Amber Glidden
Jan 27, 2017 Amber Glidden rated it really liked it
Giving this one an extra star (I'd actually rate it as 3/5) because its main message is an important one for women, especially.
Lucia
Well written standalone enemies to friend to lovers about two complete opposites find that maybe they aren’t quite so opposites after all

The Playboy’s Proposal is a sweet enemies to friends to lovers romance between a playboy millionaire and his plain and relatively shy Doctor neighbour who can be fierce and feisty when required. These two complete opposites find that maybe they aren’t quite so opposites after all and neither one really needs to change their true selves.

Benny and Henry, who tel
Dannica Zulestin
Jan 14, 2017 Dannica Zulestin rated it liked it
Shelves: viva, i-ship-it
A fun rom com sort of book that plays with the trope of the girl getting a makeover in order to impress a guy, in a very Pygmalion fashion. Henry Ellison, known playboy, agrees to help Benny Sorenson, his next door neighbor, impress her work crush, Dr. Luke Seeley. He helps her to pick out clothes, get a haircut and better makeup, and just in general have more confidence in approaching Luke. But by the time Benny has successfully wooed Luke, Henry's gotten to know her better and doesn't like the ...more
Eva
the playboy's proposal is the third installment of ashlee mallory's sorensen family series. i haven't read the other two novels, but i didn't feel like i missed anything by not reading the books in sequence. they can really stand alone. the playboy's proposal follows youngest sister, bernadette "benny" sorensen and her relationship with her playboy neighbor, henry ellison.

the characters first meet when benny storms over to henry's apartment to yell at him for the loud music and noise emanating f
Becky
Aug 09, 2016 Becky rated it really liked it
Absolutely adorable!

I haven't read the first two books in the series--yet!--but it didn't matter a bit going in to this one. Sure, Benny's siblings play a prominent role throughout--what a fun family dynamic!--but though I added their books ( Her Backup Boyfriend and Her Accidental Husband ) to my TBR ASAP, I didn't feel at all at a loss because I hadn't read them already.

And now I've got those two to keep me distracted until Daisy's book comes out :)

Benny and Henry were a great couple--a wond
Michelle
Aug 10, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it

The Playboy's Proposal is the third book in the contemporary romance series from author Ashlee Mallory and the Entangled Bliss imprint. Each of the books in the Sorenson family series can be read as standalones. I read, and thoroughly enjoyed, the first book in the series, Her Backup Boyfriend. I really enjoyed it, but I never got around to reading the second book in the series. When I saw the third book was out, I c
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
The Playboy's Proposal was one of those cute romances that remind me of all of those fun teenage ugly duckling movies, like She's All That, where one of the main characters gets made over. Except in this version, an adult playboy is making over a doctor.

In The Playboy's Proposal, Dr. Benny Sorensen has a huge crush on her co-worker. The problem is, he makes her a bumbling mess. She would do almost anything to catch his attention -- including take advice from her obnoxious playboy neighbor.

Playbo
Leigh Abdou
Feb 22, 2017 Leigh Abdou rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I just LOVED this one!
Three Chicks
Jul 31, 2016 Three Chicks rated it liked it
Review by Trinette Dungee

Benny Sorenson has finally moved up in the world. She has the job of her dreams, the apartment of her dreams and a nightmare for a neighbor. The advertising golden boy has wild parties that last all hours of the night and the wee hours of the morning, has a parade of people in and out all night and the wee hours of the morning and it’s pushing Benny to her limits forcing her to report him to the HOA.

Henry Ellison’s life is one big party, and that’s exactly how he likes
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Okay, let’s just get this part out of the way.... The Playboy’s Proposal was a really nice sweet romance. I loved every part of this story. I’m a fan of this series and I wondered how Benny would handle and find love. Henry was the perfect match for her.

Benny Sorensen has finally graduated medical school and is ready to venture out and enjoy the spoils of being a Pediatric Doctor. Her splurge is a one-bedroom condo in a very nice, desireable location. Her problem is her neighbor, Henry Ellison,
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 09, 2016 Jennifer Pierson rated it really liked it
Dr. Benny Sorensen has had a crush on another doctor she works with for some time, but he doesn't notice her. She hides behind her scrubs and ugly orthopedic shoes, as she doesn't have any confidence, and still feels like the chubby tomboy she used to be. Every guy she has been interested in, has chosen her beautiful older sister, so now she doesn't have much of a life. That all changes when she has had enough of her spoiled, party-throwing, manwhore of a neighbor, and confronts him about all th ...more
Brianne
Aug 14, 2016 Brianne rated it it was amazing
Ashlee Mallory had me from the very get go, as Benny Sorensen is a character with whom readers can instantly connect with. A quirky, charming, girl next-door (no pun intended), a character with whom any reader can ultimately relate to. Benny is secretly in love with her hot, sexy, doctor co-worker who doesn't even know she is alive .... which makes you wonder if he is even worth her time. After her annoying neighbour keeps her up, one too many times, Benny has enough and marches over .... and li ...more
Brigitte
Jul 21, 2016 Brigitte rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Henry works for an advertising company. He comes from a wealthy family but in view of circumstances around his childhood, he decides to make his own fortune. He works hard and is good at what he does. He is also known as a playboy. He doesn't believe in happily ever after and partying with different women suits him just fine.

Benny is a Doctor. She comes from a very tight knit family. She is smart and outspoken but doesn't have much confidence in herself where men are concerned. She has a crush
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Kissing Her Crush (Sugar City #2)
  • Hometown Love: A Bliss Bundle
  • Loving Mindy (Lone Pine Lake, #2.5)
  • Your B&B or Mine? (Maple Cove, #1)
  • Opposing the Cowboy (Hometown Heroes, #2)
  • Real Men Don't Quit (Real Men, #2)
  • Resisting Her Rival (Stealing the Heart, #2)
  • Resisting the Rancher (Three River Ranch, #4)
  • The Bouquet List
  • Sugar Rush
  • Second Chance Ranch (Hope Springs, #1)
  • Guarding His Heart (Half Moon Bay #3)
  • Construction Beauty Queen (Small Town, Big Dreams, #1)
  • Rescued by the Rancher (Tall Pines Ranch, #2)
  • Love for Beginners (Under the Hood, #2)
  • Coach Maddie and the Marine
  • Just My Luck (Shamrock Falls, #3)
Ashlee Mallory is a USA Today Bestselling author of Romantic Comedy, Suspense, and Thrillers. A recovering attorney, she currently resides in Utah with her husband and two kids. She aspires to one day include running, hiking and traveling to exotic destinations in her list of things she enjoys, but currently settles for enjoying a good book and a glass of wine from the comfort of her couch.
More about Ashlee Mallory...

The Sorensen Family (3 books)
  • Her Backup Boyfriend (The Sorensen Family, #1)
  • Her Accidental Husband (The Sorensen Family, #2)