Start by marking “The Playboy's Proposal (The Sorensen Family, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Playboy's Proposal (The Sorensen Family, #3)

The Playboy's Proposal

(The Sorensen Family #3)

Doctor Benny Sorensen has had it up to here with her party-throwing playboy neighbor. She’s declaring war. She doesn't care how gorgeous or charming he is, he's going down. That is until he proposes something she's not sure she can say no to...

Wealthy ad man Henry Ellison lives an uncomplicated life that revolves around work, women, and partying. In that order. Until Benny
Published July 25th 2016 by Entangled: Bliss

To ask other readers questions about The Playboy's Proposal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Playboy's Proposal

Start your review of The Playboy's Proposal (The Sorensen Family, #3)
Maria Rose
The Playboy’s Proposal is the third story in the Sorensen Family series by Ashlee Mallory. It’s one of the few ‘sweet’ romance series that I read, and after reading the first story last year, I knew I’d be keeping an eye out for the next ones. The author writes with such an engaging style and with enough sexual tension between the main characters that you really don’t miss the bedroom scenes and just enjoy the romance and family dynamics of each story.

This time around it’s Bernadette, or Benny
Irene

The Playboy's Proposal was such a fun, entertaining and heartwarming read.

Loved Benny and Henry, they were both such charismatic characters.
They were likable, stubborn, amusing and just perfect for each other!
Loved their banter, Benny was full of sass and didn't hold back from keeping it real with Henry.
She made him feel things he hadn't felt before and while it frustrated him in the beginning the more time he spent with Benny the more he wanted to be with her.
It was heartwarming
Patty
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, kindle
OPENING LINE

“The music’s never-ending thrumming surrounded her.”

-----------------------------------------
Things I Liked: the romance, the Sorensen family
Things I Loved: HENRY!!! Writing style, Benny, characters depth
Things I Disliked: nothing
-----------------------------------------
What a cute read!

I went into The Playboy’s Proposal not knowing it was the 3rd book in the Sorensen Family series. Although, I found it can easily be read as a stand-alone.

I did not realize how much I loved this trope
Jessica Alcazar
First let me say that this series has been a delight to read!! It's been fun and entertaining since book 1 and it carried momentum thru book 3 :)

The story of Benny and Henry is ridiculously endearing. Sooooooo much heart! :) I loved that their journey was built in proper stages ... they went from hate to friends to ultimately lovers and it was FUN and heart-warming to read.

Ashlee Mallory has a really likeable style to her prose. It's easy and low angst even when the story is somewhat tumultuous.
Alison
I received a free copy of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

The blurb:

Doctor Benny Sorensen has had it up to here with her party-throwing playboy neighbor. She’s declaring war. Wealthy ad man Henry Ellison lives an uncomplicated life that revolves around work, women, and partying. In that order. But when his attractive but hotheaded neighbor creates trouble for him, Henry offers to help her land a date with the man of her dreams. Only as Henry makes her
Ayekah
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great romantic and easy read. We meet Dr Benny Sorenson of the Sorenson clan, the one who knew form an early age she wanted to be a Dr. She's the last woman standing in the family as the rest of them have found spouses or significant others. Benny is a pediatrician, landing a great job and with that buys herself a decent condo close to work.

The story opens with Benny wide awake late at night because once again her inconsiderate jerk of a neighbor is having another one of his parties
Paula  Phillips
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
You know the teen movie and book "The DUFF" ? That is what The Playboy's Proposal by Ashlee Mallory reminded me of . As we met Playboy and PR extraordinaire Henry Ellison and his next door neighbour Benny aka Bernadette Sorenson. The pair first met when Benny is trying to sleep but Henry's partying is getting to her and so she rocks up in her pj's and dinosaur slippers asking him to turn the music off. Their next meeting is when she is working and he brings his niece in who has stuck a skittle ...more
books are love
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this. Loved how Benny put Henry in his place from the very beginning. But hated how at times Henry didn’t think he was good enough for Benny and felt he was only temporary for me. That killed me to read.
Plot: fun and entertaining. I liked how Benny wasn’t someone Henry could plow over with charm. He had to work to earn her respect and friendship. I enjoyed immensely how their feelings evolved organically and it didn’t seem to quick or forced but over time and as they got to know one
Chessela Helm
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to the series. I really liked Benny in the first two books, and it's good to finally get to see more of her. There's a definite Pygmalion/My Fair Lady vibe to the story as Henry helps Benny to find her inner sexy woman. I liked Henry, and I thought he and Benny were cute together. As with the previous books, the conflict arises naturally and it feels true to the characters. I liked the supporting cast and I like that the guy Benny was trying to impress didn't end up being ...more
Bette Stanek
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series has been redeemed! The storyline isn’t really new, but Benny and Henry are refreshing characters. Benny has started her new medical practice and moved into an upscale apartment. The one thing she didn’t factor into her new life is her obnoxious playboy neighbor who parties until dawn and keeps her awake, even on weeknights. Does this guy ever work?

She also has another problem she didn’t count on. She has a huge crush on one of the partners in the pediatric practice and makes a
Stephanie
Feb 04, 2016 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this title via NetGalley. It does not impact my review.

I’ve been in the mood recently for a cute romance and The Playboy’s Proposal was the perfect book for my mood. It had great characters and a cute, slow-burn romance that makes me want to break my self-imposed rule to never use the word “swoony” in a review.

Benny Sorenson (the youngest of the Sorenson clan, who we’ve gotten to know from the first two books in the series) has a major crush on another doctor in her
Bette Hansen
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! It's cute, funny, and had me entertained all the way through. You couldn't help but smile at the witty banter between Henry and Benny. The book is very well written with a nice easy flow to the story.

Henry Ellison is enjoying life. Good job, plenty of women, nights of partying....that is until his meddling neighbor starts complaining to the HOA board about his late nights and bad parking habits. When that complain threatens his job he knows it's time to confront her. Dr. Benny Sorenson
Patricia
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I've had the pleasure of reading a few of this authors books and have honestly loved them all. She has a way of pulling you into her stories and entwining her characters into your psyche. I have laughed out load on so many occasions my husband thought I lost my mind.

In this book we have Benny a newly graduated pediatrician who's neighbor Henry has a love for work, women and parties. The last is which causes issues with her. She places a complaint with the condo board. When he confronts her he
Isha Coleman
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Henry and Benny are fun. Some of the scenarios border on absurd but that adds to the charm of the romance. Benny at first meeting comes across uptight, stressed and high maintenance. In reality she's more down to earth. After devoting a great deal of time to her career, she just wants a chance to relax. She dreams of a life that is less lonely and separate from her work. One of the reason's Henry gets under her skin is he has the freedom that she longs for. Lots of parties, not bogged down with ...more
Ree
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very fun romance to read. I had some "Lol" moments throughout, and other times the book just made me smile.

Benny & Henry are two individuals who, after getting off on the wrong foot with each other, realise the other is a great person to be around. After their rocky friendship looks as though it could become more, they have to decide if they're both brave enough to take the plunge.

Henry is cocky, sexy, infuriating and witty. I enjoyed the conversations/exchanges between him and
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
**My thanks to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing LLC, for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is a super cute read and perfect for those of you that like a clean romance as there is only a little kissing involved.

Both characters are well rounded and believable and have only small issues that are overcome with help from others.

The story is well written and flows really well and before you know it you have finished. I was really glad that Benny and Henry get together and we
Romancing the Book
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Danielle U
Book provided by the publisher

The Playboy's Proposal by Ashlee Mallory is out of this world. The proposal is one that readers won't expect to happen...surprises are many in this exciting read. Talk about unexpected love and one that's standing there in your life the whole time. The journey in this contemporary romance was remarkable. A hot wealthy guy and a smart loving woman...the plot was well-written. I found myself laughing out loud, crying, and blushing as the story
Melena Torretta
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I love the Sorensen family! This is Benny's story and I think she is my favorite of the siblings. You get to know her a little in Dominic and Cruz's books, but not much. She's smart, fun, and has a big heart, but has always been unsure of herself in relationships.

She and her neighbor Henry don't meet under the best circumstances - she's angry at him for holding a loud late night party - but they strike an unusual deal.

I loved the My Fair Lady parallels as Benny and Henry spent time together.
June
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Of the three books in the series so far, this was my favorite. Playful, humorous, and a sexy playboy. All three have been fun to read though. I always love the stories of one party helping a second party gain the attention of the third party only to realize they aren't a match after all.

There are some sexual situations but not explicit. Language was fairly clean.
Julie DeVisser
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Paula Bothwell
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, i-own
The Playboy's Proposal (Sorensen Family #3) - PG13
Violence: none
Language: <30 swears
Sex: no sex, but descriptive kissing and they wake up together

I would suggest reading the other two Sorensen Family books in the series.
Ruby Johnson
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A play on My Fair Lady

A handsome playboy remakes a klutzy doctor into an attractivewoman only to fall in love. This is a romance, not a book filled with graphic sex scenes. Enough said.
Amanda
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-friends
I really enjoyed this story. I loved Henry, Benny and the entire Sorensen clan. I am looking forward to Daisy's story.
Ruth A Calvin
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this one too. I already started the forth book today! Great series and will be reading more of Ashlee Mallory's books! If you haven't read any of her books you will really enjoy them.
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
That was adorable.
Reading this out of order kind of bummed me out. I hate knowing what's next before I actually read the story. Even if it's other characters' stories.
Glitter Glidden
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Giving this one an extra star (I'd actually rate it as 3/5) because its main message is an important one for women, especially.
Lucia
Well written standalone enemies to friend to lovers about two complete opposites find that maybe they aren’t quite so opposites after all

The Playboy’s Proposal is a sweet enemies to friends to lovers romance between a playboy millionaire and his plain and relatively shy Doctor neighbour who can be fierce and feisty when required. These two complete opposites find that maybe they aren’t quite so opposites after all and neither one really needs to change their true selves.

Benny and Henry, who
Dannica Zulestin
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
A fun rom com sort of book that plays with the trope of the girl getting a makeover in order to impress a guy, in a very Pygmalion fashion. Henry Ellison, known playboy, agrees to help Benny Sorenson, his next door neighbor, impress her work crush, Dr. Luke Seeley. He helps her to pick out clothes, get a haircut and better makeup, and just in general have more confidence in approaching Luke. But by the time Benny has successfully wooed Luke, Henry's gotten to know her better and doesn't like the ...more
Eva
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
the playboy's proposal is the third installment of ashlee mallory's sorensen family series. i haven't read the other two novels, but i didn't feel like i missed anything by not reading the books in sequence. they can really stand alone. the playboy's proposal follows youngest sister, bernadette "benny" sorensen and her relationship with her playboy neighbor, henry ellison.

the characters first meet when benny storms over to henry's apartment to yell at him for the loud music and noise emanating
Michelle
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it

The Playboy's Proposal is the third book in the contemporary romance series from author Ashlee Mallory and the Entangled Bliss imprint. Each of the books in the Sorenson family series can be read as standalones. I read, and thoroughly enjoyed, the first book in the series, Her Backup Boyfriend. I really enjoyed it, but I never got around to reading the second book in the series. When I saw the third book was out, I
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Wedding Date Bargain (The Wedding Date #2)
  • The Decoy Date (The Wedding Date #4)
  • Just This Once (The Wedding Date, #3)
  • In Case You Didn't Know (Magnolia Sound #3)
  • Reid (Vested Interest, #4)
  • A Girl Like You (Magnolia Sound #2)
  • Remind Me (Magnolia Sound, #1)
  • The Fix Up (First Impressions, #1)
  • Seven Day Fiancé (Love and Games, #2)
  • Tempting the Bodyguard (Gamble Brothers, #3)
  • That Baby (That Boy, #3)
  • Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers, #2)
  • That Wedding (That Boy, #2)
  • Diamonds and Dirt Roads (Billionaires in Blue Jeans, #1)
  • May the Best Man Win (The Wedding Date, #1)
  • A Best Friend's Proposal: A Clean Fake Proposal Romance (Fake Proposal Series Book 3)
  • A Celebrity Proposal (Fake Proposal, #2)
  • A Billionaire Boss's Proposal (Fake Proposal, #1)
Ashlee Mallory is a USA Today Bestselling author of Romantic Comedy, Suspense, and Thrillers. A recovering attorney, she currently resides in Utah with her husband and two kids. She aspires to one day include running, hiking and traveling to exotic destinations in her list of things she enjoys, but currently settles for enjoying a good book and a glass of wine from the comfort of her couch.

The Sorensen Family (4 books)
  • Her Backup Boyfriend (The Sorensen Family, #1)
  • Her Accidental Husband (The Sorensen Family, #2)
  • Her Surprise Engagement