Start by marking “Wounded (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #24.5)” as Want to Read:
Wounded (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #24.5)

Wounded

(Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #24.5)

Be proud of Life’s battle scars, it means you were stronger than whatever hurt you, and you didn’t die—and Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter and U.S. Marshal will be the first to show you hers in this sweet and sexy story of celebration and connection from #1 New York Times bestselling author Laurell K. Hamilton.

Anita attends the wedding of her close friend but finds that even o
Published December 6th 2016 by Penguin Books

To ask other readers questions about Wounded, please sign up.
Erin What's even more troubling is that this is book 24.5 and it's not over! I can't remember when I stopped reading this series but I think it was in the…moreWhat's even more troubling is that this is book 24.5 and it's not over! I can't remember when I stopped reading this series but I think it was in the teens and I should have stopped far sooner. Like Emani, I liked the early stuff, and sometime around the Micah book is when LKH stopped messing with that silly thing called plot and had Anita screwing everyone and their goats.(less)
Adam Duclos One possible reason for not finding it is that this isn't currently a stand alone work. It's been tacked onto the end of the paperback version of…moreOne possible reason for not finding it is that this isn't currently a stand alone work. It's been tacked onto the end of the paperback version of 'Dead Ice'.(less)

cola_bear
Jun 27, 2016 rated it did not like it

______________________

The Good: nothing. Absolutely nothing about this story was good.

The Bad: where to start...

1) Over-description. But there's nothing new there.

2) Why does Anita have to wear a gun to a wedding? Is she expecting warfare?

3) Anita, Micah, and Nate did nothing to help Tomas, as the blurb says. The only thing they felt relevant to teach 13 year old Tomas is how ogle girls/women's breasts without getting caught.

4) Anita's treatment of Rosita is sickening,
Julaine
Jun 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
Bad, just really, really bad. Did I happen to mention that it's bad?

Included in the paperback version of Dead Ice. Ebook to be released as a standalone in December 2016 and containing a *preview* of Crimson Death (scheduled for release in Oct. 2016, two months earlier.) So your choices are to buy a second copy of Dead Ice or wait another 6 months and get a preview for a book already released. In other words, just as slipshod as the rest of Hamilton's recent output.

Spoiler
Anita Bl
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I thought this was going to be a longer book. It is not. It is basically just a wedding Anita attends. I read this on a kindle which made me think I was going to get a longer book only to find the last half is chapters about another book. DOH! This is an okay read. Anita is picked on because she is wearing a gun. *rolls eyes* Women can't stand how pretty Anita is and all the men she is with so Anita has to constantly justify it. *SHOCK*

It was a little nice interlude for Anita and Nathaniel to he
BWT (Belen)
58%

That's when this short story ends. Which, frankly, ticks me off because I definitely thought it would be longer. It also adds absolutely nothing to the series, and simply regurgitated the same old, same old.

If you haven't dropped the three bucks on this already, I'd recommend a hard pass.
Deborah
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like reading all of these short stories that happen in between all the gun fights and being able to see a 'lighter' side of Anita and her crew
Andrea
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
I usually like the Anita Blake Series, I would even go so far and name it my favourite. I like the world LKH has created with the preternatural, how Anita and the people around her have progressed over the series, hell, I even like the sex. But what I don't like (and I don't like it in general) are all the meticulous explanations of every single thing. Why the fuck do I need to know what Rosita's brothers do for a living? Or how tall they are. Or how tall every single person on this wedding is ( ...more
Sibil
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
That was sweet, but I was thinking of a short story and it's just a scene from the previous book. There isn't much to say about it, it's really short and it's just a scene, but it was sweet and I hope to read the next book soon!
Sherily
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Pretty good short. You only get the wedding reception and an inside look at the main character's feelings of their past and how they coped. The ending was funny and made me LOL.
I like that this was a bonus short read attached to the end of Dead Ice. Gives you a glimpse into a piece of the story that she was not able to put in otherwise. I hope she continues to do this. There are just some things that are left unanswered or wondering how it turned out etc. So to get a small glimpse of after Dead
Robin
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal-rom
This was awful. Hamilton starts off telling this short piece was in response to readers wanting to read about the upcoming wedding for Manny's daughter Connie from the end of Dead Ice. What few pages are devoted to the reception felt like a deja vu of the wedding reception for Anita's friend earlier in the series: Anita's dance hang-ups, Nathaniel's pushy insistence for attention without reading the room, and Anita not playing well with others. Most of this is how not to be a victim, an ongoing ...more
Jessica
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it would have been better if 2/3 of the book were not going over the same damn info as every other book. Look, if someone doesn't know, Anita's/ Nathaniel's/ Micah's stories by now WHY can't they just pick up a previous book?! Maybe I am just over it and I need to move on, which is too bad since I have loved them for the most part, until recently. Lately I get to the repetitive parts and skip them but if they make up most of the book it seems pointless. I do not think I have read any other ...more
Minh
Apr 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Why do I keep putting myself through this series... Anita and co are attending a wedding for Manny's daughter and disturbingly have managed to spin the events of the wedding entirely around themselves. I hate myself but I didn't even mind it.
Reina
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anita Blake

I love the Anita Blake stories. Even though there are so many in the series, they never get old. The writing is good. The nuggets of wisdom she litters through the story are great. And it’s great to read a novel with such a strong female lead.
Rita
May 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Waste of time.
Artemiz
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
I absolutely love how Hamilton makes these short story about one problem from real life, how she gives ways to solve this problem in her paranormal ways, but same time you can use those same advises in real life. It's just a pleasure to read about Anita's, Micha's and Nathaniel's life outside their usual crime solving and vampire/were business dealings.
Cindy
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really glad I waited

I am so glad I waited for this novella before starting her newest book. It's been a while since I read Dead Ice anf this helped bring it back to me and all the relationship ins and outs that occur. Anita is such a special person and her men are just so perfectly fitted for her. Its like puzzle pieces that finally fit her. Really love everything about her story.
R.
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Anna 'Bookbuyer'
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Adele
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
short story. no sex (for once). not bad but probably could have had more. but I suppose what do expect from a short story!!!
Diana
Jan 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I give this a 3 1/2.
Adam Duclos
Jan 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Karen-Leigh
I liked this as an outtake but really would like a book with half a dozen or more outtakes/short stories covering all the missing information from the series. In Dead Ice we finally see in print that Narcissus lost the baby. I wonder what happened to the vampires in Colin's city in Tennessee after he died, what does happen to an entire city of vampires if their master dies...did all of them that were blood oathed die with him and why hasn't Anita angst about murdering an entire town of 'people'. ...more
Tha
Oct 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
It pains me to give this 1,5 stars! =\

I absolutly love this author. Anita blake was the first series a read of the genre. But i have to be honest. And it was really bad. The story was a conglomerate of words that didnt make a good story, and the cliches! Oh god! Why?! It was hard to finish it. I dont like story that have open endings. It has to be fricking amazing story to me to like it with no ending.
This was a bad choice for the characters because it was so superficiel and, i dont really have
mlady_rebecca
An extra scene post "Dead Ice". Anita and her leopards at Manny's daughter's wedding reception. A dance with Nathaniel. An argument with the mother of the groom over Anita being armed. A talk with Manny's son Thomas (who was injured during Dead Ice). And a four way greeting when the sun sets and Jean-Claude arrives.

Just an extra scene. No real plot or character development. Although Jean-Claude and Nathaniel share their first public kiss. Nathaniel has wedding fever.

My favorite quote:

I was weari
Debra Omiatek
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anita and Sweeties Tackle PTSD

Anita and her sweeties go to the wedding of her good friend. The brother was previously injured by a bullet and Anita rescued him. Now he is despondent and he has not attempted his rehab. Anita with Micah and Nathaniel talk with the teenager. They get him to realize he can remain a victim or rise above it. This novella is the intellectual side of Antia's character, it requires her emotions and understanding. This is not the action packed Vampire killer seen in the n
Celyn
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anita-blake
I like the reason for the novella, and the advice given - which is the point of the story. I do wish she would stop going over (and over and over) their descriptions, their heights, how seeing JC "tightens things" and all that jazz. We know, already. Really, we know. And if this is someone's first time reading an Anita Blake book, well, they can find out in another book. But it took up a lot of unnecessary space here.

I guess they were just padding things to make this excerpt not as small as it
Stefanie
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 I guess. LKH's writing has improved over time but her shorts really don't ever add that much. In this, Anita, Micah and Nathaniel convince 13 year old Tomas, who got shot in the last book, that he needs to snap out of his depression and do physical therapy. It's sensitively done, and really shows the maturity of Anita's character more than anything else. Her being challenged by judge-y outsiders, while apparently a *must* in every Anita story, is kept to an absolute minimum. There's a weirdl ...more
Yessenia Andaverde
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thought something would happen. A fight, a discussion, a big discovery, and that the talk with Thomas was just the way to get to it.

Nope. The talk with Thomas is the only thing this little book is about.

Disappointing, but it could've been worse. I think its purpose was to be encouraging for people going through something similar. And I liked Anita's directness and her not beating around the bush. At the end Micah and Nathaniel were as important as her, I liked that.

How is it possible I like th
Gen  Roze
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GIVE ME MORE

Ms. Hamilton's Anita Blake stories have a way to make me see the world in a different way. If only life can imitate her stories. The prejudice and unfairness of the world are also represented. Where people who don't leave with you give their opinions on how you should live your life. The book was too short. I wanted more. So I'll be waiting for the new Anita's story to satisfy my own curiosity in the make-believe world of Anita Blake. (Rubbing my hands in anticipation).
Safety Lady
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute single

I like all of LKH books but this one was good in the fact that it did not do the recap of every other book she has written to get the reader up to speed on what is happening. A good update on Tomas’ recovery from getting shot and bringing the relationship of Nathaniel and Micah more to the lime light. I’m not really a fan of their relationship but it works I guess for the story line. Happy reading.
Virginia Daugherty
I like Anita as War and Edward as Death

When weddings get started and bad things happen Anita, Micah, and Nathaniel are the one to talk with. all three have had bad stuff happen to them and have over come the outcomes. When a young boy has to grow up fast after being a victim only these three can make him see that to loose is not doing anything but to win you do the change. Try to decide if it's right or wrong is not the game but the outcome in the solution! A good Novela!!!!
  • Dark Days: Nightwalker and Dayhunter
  • Moon Shimmers (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon #19)
  • The First Fall (Incryptid, #0.07)
  • Sudden Backtrack (The Hollows #13.1)
  • Damned Either Way (The Harker Trilogy #3)
  • Druid Blood: A Junkyard Druid Novella (Colin McCool, #0)
  • Witches in Wonderland (Wicked in Moonhaven #3)
  • Lore: Tales of Myth and Legend Retold
  • Cookies, Curses, and Kisses (Blue Moon Bay, #1)
  • Wounded (Little Goddess, #2)
  • Love and Brimstone (Brimstone Vampires, #1)
  • Made with Love (Bewitched and Bewildered, #4.5)
  • Of Blood and Magic
Laurell K. Hamilton is one of the leading writers of paranormal fiction. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, Hamilton writes the popular Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novels and the Meredith Gentry series. She is also the creator of a bestselling comic book series based on her Anita Blake novels and published by Marvel Comics. Hamilton is a full-time writer and lives in the suburbs of St. Louis ...more

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1)
  • The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #2)
  • Circus of the Damned (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #3)
  • The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #4)
  • Bloody Bones (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #5)
  • The Killing Dance (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #6)
  • Burnt Offerings (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #7)
  • Blue Moon (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #8)
  • Obsidian Butterfly (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #9)
  • Narcissus in Chains (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #10)
“I held them as close as I could and for some reason I felt my throat tighten, my eyes hot with tears that weren’t quite falling yet. Micah said, “Are you crying?” “Almost,” I said. “What’s wrong?” he asked. “Nothing, absolutely nothing.” “So why the tears?” I looked from him up to Nathaniel, and the first tear slid down. They both looked worried until I laughed and quoted something Nathaniel said sometimes back to both of them: “Sometimes you’re so happy you can’t hold it all in and it spills out your eyes.” They” 2 likes
“had enough dancers in my life, from exotic to professional ballet, to know that they all moved, even when they thought they were standing still, as if their bodies couldn’t help but make grace out of the noise of everyday life.” 0 likes