Start by marking “Wounded (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #24.5)” as Want to Read:
Wounded (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #24.5)

Wounded (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #24.5)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  1,938 Ratings  ·  164 Reviews
Be proud of Life’s battle scars, it means you were stronger than whatever hurt you, and you didn’t die—and Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter and U.S. Marshal will be the first to show you hers in this sweet and sexy story of celebration and connection from #1 New York Times bestselling author Laurell K. Hamilton.

Anita attends the wedding of her close friend but finds that even o
Published December 6th 2016 by Penguin Books

To ask other readers questions about Wounded, please sign up.
Erin What's even more troubling is that this is book 24.5 and it's not over! I can't remember when I stopped reading this series but I think it was in the…moreWhat's even more troubling is that this is book 24.5 and it's not over! I can't remember when I stopped reading this series but I think it was in the teens and I should have stopped far sooner. Like Emani, I liked the early stuff, and sometime around the Micah book is when LKH stopped messing with that silly thing called plot and had Anita screwing everyone and their goats.(less)
Adam Duclos One possible reason for not finding it is that this isn't currently a stand alone work. It's been tacked onto the end of the paperback version of…moreOne possible reason for not finding it is that this isn't currently a stand alone work. It's been tacked onto the end of the paperback version of 'Dead Ice'.(less)

cola_bear
Jun 27, 2016 rated it did not like it

______________________

The Good: nothing. Absolutely nothing about this story was good.

The Bad: where to start...

1) Over-description. But there's nothing new there.

2) Why does Anita have to wear a gun to a wedding? Is she expecting warfare?

3) Anita, Micah, and Nate did nothing to help Tomas, as the blurb says. The only thing they felt relevant to teach 13 year old Tomas is how ogle girls/women's breasts without getting caught.

4) Anita's treatment of Rosita is sickening,
Julaine
Jun 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
Bad, just really, really bad. Did I happen to mention that it's bad?

Included in the paperback version of Dead Ice. Ebook to be released as a standalone in December 2016 and containing a *preview* of Crimson Death (scheduled for release in Oct. 2016, two months earlier.) So your choices are to buy a second copy of Dead Ice or wait another 6 months and get a preview for a book already released. In other words, just as slipshod as the rest of Hamilton's recent output.

Spoiler
Anita Bl
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I thought this was going to be a longer book. It is not. It is basically just a wedding Anita attends. I read this on a kindle which made me think I was going to get a longer book only to find the last half is chapters about another book. DOH! This is an okay read. Anita is picked on because she is wearing a gun. *rolls eyes* Women can't stand how pretty Anita is and all the men she is with so Anita has to constantly justify it. *SHOCK*

It was a little nice interlude for Anita and Nathaniel to he
BWT (Belen)
58%

That's when this short story ends. Which, frankly, ticks me off because I definitely thought it would be longer. It also adds absolutely nothing to the series, and simply regurgitated the same old, same old.

If you haven't dropped the three bucks on this already, I'd recommend a hard pass.
Deborah
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like reading all of these short stories that happen in between all the gun fights and being able to see a 'lighter' side of Anita and her crew
Andrea
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
I usually like the Anita Blake Series, I would even go so far and name it my favourite. I like the world LKH has created with the preternatural, how Anita and the people around her have progressed over the series, hell, I even like the sex. But what I don't like (and I don't like it in general) are all the meticulous explanations of every single thing. Why the fuck do I need to know what Rosita's brothers do for a living? Or how tall they are. Or how tall every single person on this wedding is ( ...more
Sibil
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
That was sweet, but I was thinking of a short story and it's just a scene from the previous book. There isn't much to say about it, it's really short and it's just a scene, but it was sweet and I hope to read the next book soon!
Sherily
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Pretty good short. You only get the wedding reception and an inside look at the main character's feelings of their past and how they coped. The ending was funny and made me LOL.
I like that this was a bonus short read attached to the end of Dead Ice. Gives you a glimpse into a piece of the story that she was not able to put in otherwise. I hope she continues to do this. There are just some things that are left unanswered or wondering how it turned out etc. So to get a small glimpse of after Dead
Robin
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal-rom
This was awful. Hamilton starts off telling this short piece was in response to readers wanting to read about the upcoming wedding for Manny's daughter Connie from the end of Dead Ice. What few pages are devoted to the reception felt like a deja vu of the wedding reception for Anita's friend earlier in the series: Anita's dance hang-ups, Nathaniel's pushy insistence for attention without reading the room, and Anita not playing well with others. Most of this is how not to be a victim, an ongoing ...more
Jessica
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it would have been better if 2/3 of the book were not going over the same damn info as every other book. Look, if someone doesn't know, Anita's/ Nathaniel's/ Micah's stories by now WHY can't they just pick up a previous book?! Maybe I am just over it and I need to move on, which is too bad since I have loved them for the most part, until recently. Lately I get to the repetitive parts and skip them but if they make up most of the book it seems pointless. I do not think I have read any other ...more
Bookbuyer
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Minh
Apr 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Why do I keep putting myself through this series... Anita and co are attending a wedding for Manny's daughter and disturbingly have managed to spin the events of the wedding entirely around themselves. I hate myself but I didn't even mind it.
Rita
May 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Waste of time.
Artemiz
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
I absolutely love how Hamilton makes these short story about one problem from real life, how she gives ways to solve this problem in her paranormal ways, but same time you can use those same advises in real life. It's just a pleasure to read about Anita's, Micha's and Nathaniel's life outside their usual crime solving and vampire/were business dealings.
Cindy
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really glad I waited

I am so glad I waited for this novella before starting her newest book. It's been a while since I read Dead Ice anf this helped bring it back to me and all the relationship ins and outs that occur. Anita is such a special person and her men are just so perfectly fitted for her. Its like puzzle pieces that finally fit her. Really love everything about her story.
Racquel
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Adele
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
short story. no sex (for once). not bad but probably could have had more. but I suppose what do expect from a short story!!!
Diana
Jan 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I give this a 3 1/2.
Adam Duclos
Jan 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Tha
Oct 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
It pains me to give this 1,5 stars! =\

I absolutly love this author. Anita blake was the first series a read of the genre. But i have to be honest. And it was really bad. The story was a conglomerate of words that didnt make a good story, and the cliches! Oh god! Why?! It was hard to finish it. I dont like story that have open endings. It has to be fricking amazing story to me to like it with no ending.
This was a bad choice for the characters because it was so superficiel and, i dont really have
mlady_rebecca
An extra scene post "Dead Ice". Anita and her leopards at Manny's daughter's wedding reception. A dance with Nathaniel. An argument with the mother of the groom over Anita being armed. A talk with Manny's son Thomas (who was injured during Dead Ice). And a four way greeting when the sun sets and Jean-Claude arrives.

Just an extra scene. No real plot or character development. Although Jean-Claude and Nathaniel share their first public kiss. Nathaniel has wedding fever.

My favorite quote:

I was weari
Celyn
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anita-blake
I like the reason for the novella, and the advice given - which is the point of the story. I do wish she would stop going over (and over and over) their descriptions, their heights, how seeing JC "tightens things" and all that jazz. We know, already. Really, we know. And if this is someone's first time reading an Anita Blake book, well, they can find out in another book. But it took up a lot of unnecessary space here.

I guess they were just padding things to make this excerpt not as small as it
Stefanie
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 I guess. LKH's writing has improved over time but her shorts really don't ever add that much. In this, Anita, Micah and Nathaniel convince 13 year old Tomas, who got shot in the last book, that he needs to snap out of his depression and do physical therapy. It's sensitively done, and really shows the maturity of Anita's character more than anything else. Her being challenged by judge-y outsiders, while apparently a *must* in every Anita story, is kept to an absolute minimum. There's a weirdl ...more
Yessenia Andaverde
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thought something would happen. A fight, a discussion, a big discovery, and that the talk with Thomas was just the way to get to it.

Nope. The talk with Thomas is the only thing this little book is about.

Disappointing, but it could've been worse. I think its purpose was to be encouraging for people going through something similar. And I liked Anita's directness and her not beating around the bush. At the end Micah and Nathaniel were as important as her, I liked that.

How is it possible I like th
Gen Lucien
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GIVE ME MORE

Ms. Hamilton's Anita Blake stories have a way to make me see the world in a different way. If only life can imitate her stories. The prejudice and unfairness of the world are also represented. Where people who don't leave with you give their opinions on how you should live your life. The book was too short. I wanted more. So I'll be waiting for the new Anita's story to satisfy my own curiosity in the make-believe world of Anita Blake. (Rubbing my hands in anticipation).
Virginia Daugherty
I like Anita as War and Edward as Death

When weddings get started and bad things happen Anita, Micah, and Nathaniel are the one to talk with. all three have had bad stuff happen to them and have over come the outcomes. When a young boy has to grow up fast after being a victim only these three can make him see that to loose is not doing anything but to win you do the change. Try to decide if it's right or wrong is not the game but the outcome in the solution! A good Novela!!!!
Ladonna
Okay

Too short to really get involved. You had conflict with the new mother-in-law but didn't take it anywhere. All threats no action. Granted it was supposed to surround Tomas after his shooting but if that was the case why bring up the conflict without doing anything with it. In LKH's parlance, that's like giving one of the men in Blake's life a hard-on but doing nothing with it.
LaDawn Maerin
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Married? Anita?

This story is out of line from what I've already read, so it looks like I need to back up a book or four. I love Anita's comments and thought processes and the way she protects her guys. She has made some serious changes along the way which keep things interesting. Just love everything Ms. Hamilton has to say.
Lisa
Jul 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
Waste of time and money reading this. The only good thing about it was there was no sex. It does however repeat what has already been repeated over and over in the other books. I don't know why I keep reading these books. Mrs. Hamilton it's past time to finish with this series/story already; When it all comes down to repeating old stuff or non stop sex-a-thons. It's time to move on.
Gail
Nice, for what it is. It's not exactly a novella or a short story, which Hamilton states in an Author's Note. It's more a "deleted scene," from the end of Dead Ice. (Many warnings about spoilers if one hasn't already read Dead Ice in the Note.) Anita gets to go to Manny's daughter's wedding with her best boys. She talks to people. That's about it. It's a nice interlude. I liked it.
Laurell K. Hamilton is one of the leading writers of paranormal fiction. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, Hamilton writes the popular Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novels and the Meredith Gentry series. She is also the creator of a bestselling comic book series based on her Anita Blake novels and published by Marvel Comics. Hamilton is a full-time writer and lives in the suburbs of St. Louis ...more
More about Laurell K. Hamilton

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1)
  • The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #2)
  • Circus of the Damned (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #3)
  • The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #4)
  • Bloody Bones (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #5)
  • The Killing Dance (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #6)
  • Burnt Offerings (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #7)
  • Blue Moon (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #8)
  • Obsidian Butterfly (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #9)
  • Narcissus in Chains (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #10)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I held them as close as I could and for some reason I felt my throat tighten, my eyes hot with tears that weren’t quite falling yet. Micah said, “Are you crying?” “Almost,” I said. “What’s wrong?” he asked. “Nothing, absolutely nothing.” “So why the tears?” I looked from him up to Nathaniel, and the first tear slid down. They both looked worried until I laughed and quoted something Nathaniel said sometimes back to both of them: “Sometimes you’re so happy you can’t hold it all in and it spills out your eyes.” They” 1 likes
“I prefer the word thriver, because I’m not just surviving, I’m thriving,” 0 likes