Start by marking “Handcuffed By Destiny (Crawley Creek #5)” as Want to Read:
Handcuffed By Destiny (Crawley Creek #5)

Handcuffed By Destiny

(Crawley Creek #5)

A broken woman… After being kidnapped, tortured and surviving the brutality of human traffickers, Destiny Warren still finds every day a struggle. Every single minute she works to overcome her injuries, both visible and hidden. Despite her overpowering fear, she finds herself drawn to her rescuer, Brandon Bowers.

A man of honor… Bran Bowers was raised by his grandmother wit
ebook
Published August 23rd 2016 by Lori King Books

To ask other readers questions about Handcuffed By Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Handcuffed By Destiny

1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better—more intriguing and addictive—with each new installment.

I've been anxiously awaiting this fifth book in the Crawley Creek series. I knew from their first interactions that Sheriff Bran Bowers and Destiny Warren were…well, destined. Their chemistry, even in light of all the obstacles they've overcome—or are working on overcoming—has been apparent from the get-go. And Lori King did a wonderful job of doing justice to their love story.

My heart ached for Desti
Erica
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Crawley Creek Series is one of my favorites and every new addition is just as amazing as the last. This series should be read in order, you cannot fully appreciate these characters if you don't start at the beginning!

Handcuffed by Destiny is Sheriff Brandon Bower's & Destiny Warren's story.
He was raised by his grandma after his parents tragic death. He befriends the foster kids of the Crawley Creek Ranch and is immediately taken in and accepted as another member of the family.
Now grown a
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. This story contains heartbreak, pain, secrets, and suspense.

Hawke's Salvation (Crawley Creek #5)

This is Destiny and Bran's story. Destiny is drawn to Bran but feels as if no one would want her as she has scars on the inside and outside. Bra
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it

Annamaria
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars! Destiny suffers from PTSD after being kidnapped and tortured by sex traffickers. She was at deaths door when she was rescued by Sheriff Bran. Destiny is being watched over by Bran and she feels safe with him. Slowly Bran starts to date Destiny but can she get her happily ever after that she deserves? This book will bring out all sorts of emotions in you, I was crying one minute, happy or angry the next. There are triggers in this book so read with caution. I was hooked from t ...more
Marcia Bucktin
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing

What's hotter than a cowboy? A cowboy who happens to be a hot sexy sheriff. This book bring you such a sexy sheriff.
Sheriff Brandon 'Bran' Bowers, has been trying to protect Destiny since the first day he met her, barely clinging to life. Destiny is not sure she can trust anyone .PTSD is riding her hard . She has been beaten, and violently abused at the hands of a sex trafficking ring leader. Staying at the Crawley Creek Ranch, she's finally starting to heal both physically and emotionally. Bran
Miranda Beazley
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been waiting on Destinys story since she joined Crawley Creek in Romeo. The play between her and Bran has been evident throughout the books.

Lori King doesn't disappoint in this story. It's been lovely to watch Destinys progress throughout the series but her progress thanks to Bran in this book has been the best. I loved reading as she found her feet again and opened up to life again. Their chemistry together and Brans understanding and compassion for Destiny is just swoon worthy.

Beware th
Leah Keys
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Crawley Creek book #6 is finally Destiny’s HEA. I couldn’t wait to read this book because I really wanted Destiny to get her HEA after all the trauma she dealt with at the hands of the sex traffickers. Bran was the one to find her so it makes sense that they had a strong connection. He waited patiently for her to heal enough to accept his love and wooed her slowly so he didn’t scare her away. Bran’s character was a perfect gentleman and just what Destiny needed.
Heidi
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the sixth book in the Crawley Creek series and its the one I have been waiting for with baited breath and Miss King doesn't disappoint at all. I would suggest that if you have not read the others in this series then to fully appreciate the series as a whole I suggest you start with book one.

This is the story of Sheriff Brandon Bower's & Destiny Warren's this is the one that we have all been waiting for we have had sneak peeks through the other 5 books but finally, we get there's.

See
Jessica McSwain
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
More... What I want is more of Lori King's super captivating writing... This is not the first and definitely will not be the last because geniuses can not keep them wonderful stories.. I was given this amazing story in exchange for an honest review..and boy was this one personal to me, PTSD is not something people should take lightly because it can and will change a person. But also remember that person is still themselves but require a little extra love and compassion. In this book you will get ...more
Wendy Hodges
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Top Customer Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars
2016 · edit it was amazing Read in August By wendy s hodges on 23 Aug. 2016
Format: Kindle Edition
Handcuffed By Destiny
by Lori King (Goodreads Author)

20353481
Wendy Hodges's review
Aug 17, 2016 · edit

Read in August, 2016

Arc copy for an honest review.
Sharon
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
It has been 9 months since Destiny was rescued and she is still shutting everyone out. Every morning she wakes up with nightmares of her experience. Very few details are shared except that she was abducted and abused and the people who harmed her have not been brought to justice. So if you shy away from graphic abuse scenes there aren’t really any graphic details in this book.

Brandon “Bran” Bowers is the Sheriff who found and rescued her and is still drawn to her, but is afraid of hurting her an
LLEP  Book Blog
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
It has been 9 months since Destiny was rescued and she is still having a difficult time adjusting. Every morning she wakes up with nightmares of her experience. Very few details of her captivity are shared except that she was abducted and abused and the people who harmed her have not been brought to justice.

Brandon “Bran” Bowers is the Sheriff who found and rescued her and is still drawn to her. He isn't sure he should pursue her since she is still so fragile and he is afraid of making things wo
Wendy Hodges
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Arc copy for an honest review.
Firstly this is an on going story, so you really need to read the whole series. Saying that each book the main focus is on one couple, but the overall story is continuing. This one the focus is Destiny, snatched and made a slave to human sex traffickers. Having survived the last attack barely she is recovering from all her trauma with the other couples and friends that she has made at Crawley Creek Farm, also still keeping a close eye on her is Bran sheriff and the
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, romance
Lori King has outdone herself with this addition to the Crawley Creek series, I loved it! Ms. King has created a world the continues to grow and evolve with each new book in the series. This book in the series features Sheriff Brandon "Bran" Bowers and Destiny Warren.

Destiny is staying at Crawley Creek Ranch while she heals from the physical and emotional scars of her ordeal with human traffickers. She looks forward to Bran visiting her everyday but is afraid to admit it. Bran wants to protect
Judy Miracle
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Each book that I have read in this series (I'll admit to being a few behind) just gets better and better. This is one of those series that it is so much better when you read every single one of them. Having read the first two I knew some of the characters in this book but there were a few that i was unfamiliar with and would have better grasp had i read the ones between them. That i plan to remedy very very soon.

In book 6 Handcuffed by Destiny we get Sheriff Brandon and Destiny's story. Brandon
Lynn Mullan
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read. I loved the hero in this book.
Ann
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit to having this book for a few days before I sat down to read it. I knew it was going to make me cry so I had to get myself ready for it. It was so worth reading. The heart-wrenching subject matter and the love and acceptance just made me cry. Ms. King did an excellent job with this story. She presented the subject matter in a way that was interesting and caring but without being heavy or degrading .

Destiny hasn't been able to move past her physical and emotional trauma. She doe
Annette
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A captivating read that proves love can conquer all things and that family is not always what you are born into. The reader is once again at the Crawley Creek Ranch and catching up on all our past favourite couples.

Sheriff Bran has felt an attraction to Destiny and can't get her out of his mind ever since finding her at deaths door. He quietly watches over her and doesn't want to risk traumatizing her anymore than what she has been through.

Destiny has been through hell at the hands of sex traf
Stacy Gragg
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to the Crawley Creek series. Bran Bowers is the Sheriff of Their small town and had always had a need to take care of the people he cared about. Raised by his Grandma Mimi after his parents tragic deaths. He and his Grandma moved to North Dakota to start a new life. Bran meets the foster kids at Crawley Creek Ranch and Becomes a member of the family.
While investigating with his deputies he comes across three beaten bodies two have died one is barely hanging on. Destiny Wa
Kathi
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lori King captivates with another Crawley Creek Ranch episode!!

Bran is sheriff of the small town of Montford. He graduated top of his class from the academy and could have worked in any law enforcement agency – but chose to work for the community that embraced him as a young boy. Always protective, his instincts kick in higher when it comes to Destiny – a young woman he found almost beaten to death 9 months earlier. The head of the gang is dead now, but the crime ring is still active. Destiny is

Kathy Rouchelle
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, right up to the point that I face planted into the brick wall of the cliffie! This is a wonderful, if not a bit difficult story line dealing with human sex trafficking and it's victims. Along with this story line you find a few mini stories within the main one, (well at least that's what I call them). You find several characters with interesting stories and personalities of their own including a veteran who suffers PTSD and has to get a service dog. Then there are the ...more
Denise Van plew
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First off I though I had read this author before but I guess I did not. This one I realized also was one in a line of a series. Then again no matter on that because when I started it I did not realize it till later into it but it does its own telling just fine. Destiny is one complex character but one you want to know right away. Brandon is one that has the heart of a lion with from the beginning has been by her side. The author then weaves the tale of these two with the drama that follows them. ...more
Lisa
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
The blurb for this book intrigued me and I was so looking forward to reading it. It did not disappoint.

Destiny has been to hell and back. Since Bran rescued her he has been patiently waiting for signs that she is ready to move forward. With a little push from those around them, Destiny's life is full of sunshine for the first time in a long time but the storm clouds once again threaten to destroy her.

I didn't feel that I needed to read the earlier books in this series as Lori King did a fantasti
Karen Roma
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Destiny’s story was always going to be gut wrenching and packed with the type of emotional impact that would tear your soul to shreds.

But through all the pain, devastation and suffering this young woman has endured, Ms King showed that her inner strength and desire to live and be loved would enable her to overcome the worst of her fears with the help and understanding of a very special man.

Bran is every woman’s dream; compassionate, patient and determined to win the heart of this fragile, yet re
Leanne ~ Tales From The Heart
Lucky me got to proof read this story. I needed time to absorb it all before coming back to review.
This is a story that proves love does conquer all.
Destiny is a broken woman, she's suffered what no woman should be put through. Treated like property, feeling worthless can she survive this emotional trauma?
Bran Bowers is her hero, her saviour. Can he heal her heart?
I can tell you I wasn't even a quarter of the way into this book and I was crying. Such a powerful tale that will give you the 'feels
Stacy Jordet
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story! Can a woman who has suffered so much overcome her demons and love again? Can a sheriff continue to remain at her side as she continually pushes him away.

This story touched my heart in ways I wasn't expecting. Mrs. King has done amazing things with each of the characters from the Crawley Creek Ranch but this story goes above and beyond.

Bran is the type of fantasy man I look for. He is kind, caring, patient and helps others in need however when he gets into the bedroom he i
Crystal Watson
I'm in love with this series.

This is Bran and Destiny's story and what a heartbreaking, wonderful, loving and courageous story. Destiny has been through heck and back. She's suffered more than one person should ever suffer in ten lifetimes. Bran was the sheriff who rescued the pretty little blonde and he can't stay away. Ever since he saw her laying there bruised and broken he felt drawn to her but is she ready to let him help her heal. Destiny doesn't know how to handle the feelings that the sh
Sony
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I just love this author; her books are always a great read. This is the fifth book in her Crawley Creek series. This series hits home for me, I can relate to the characters on a personal level. After being in the foster system for my young preteen life and up, I get the need for family. When you find a caring group that takes you in, no questions asked, accepts you as family, it’s a good feeling to know someone out there cares. The author adds love and mystery to spice it up. If you don’t mind m ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Best-selling author, Lori King, is also a full-time wife and mother of three boys. Although she rarely has time to just enjoy feminine pursuits; at heart she is a hopeless romantic. She spends her days dreaming up Alpha men, and her nights telling their stories. An admitted TV and book junkie, she can be found relaxing with a steamy story, or binging in an entire season of some show online. She gi ...more

Crawley Creek (7 books)
  • Forget Me Knot (Crawley Creek, #1)
  • Rough Ride Romeo (Crawley Creek #2)
  • Claiming His Cowgirl (Crawley Creek #3)
  • Hawke's Salvation (Crawley Creek #4)
  • The Lawman's Lover (Crawley Creek, #6)
  • Paw Prints on Her Heart (Crawley Creek #7)