Start by marking “Soap Bubble Dreams and Other Distortions” as Want to Read:
Soap Bubble Dreams and Other Distortions

Soap Bubble Dreams and Other Distortions

3.46  ·  Rating details ·  13 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
This anthology of Davyne DeSye’s short stories includes twelve speculative fiction stories, ranging from science fiction to fantasy, and from humorous to horrific. This collection – which includes one new tale published here for the first time – contains:
- A Ray Bradbury-esque story about a boy whose wishes come true;
- A dark testimony of alien invasion and the redemptive
Published June 25th 2016 by Illuminus Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Soap Bubble Dreams and Other Distortions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soap Bubble Dreams and Other Distortions

Bobby Underwood
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This writer popped onto my radar screen because of a Ray Bradbury story I reviewed. That happenstance led me to check out her work, and then pick up this collection of twelve stories to try. I’m so glad I did, because this is absolutely wonderful. It’s an eclectic mix of stories, ranging from wistful to poignant, from speculative fiction to pure science fiction.

Running across this author due to a shared reading interest, is the reason writers, and book lovers (though the former category are alwa
Charles
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: literary
A twelve story speculative fiction cocktail with an intoxicating twist of imagination. Hovering along the dark side, but not (IMO) truly full-tilt horror. I especially liked “Death, By Any Other Name,” “Mine Eyes,” “Mirror, Mirror,” “Carapace,” and “…I Win,” but they all held my attention from the first word to the last.
Exceptional Reader
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great collection of stories - very eclectic themes, genres and perspectives. I absolutely loved The Slide, but who wouldn't fall for unconditional love tightly entwined with the purity of children's wishes and dreams. I am also a huge fan of fairy tale retellings, so the Cloak was also a favorite. Fabulous!
R. CARRIER
May 17, 2018
Cassandra
Jun 25, 2017
paulette napolitano hackett
rated it did not like it
Mar 11, 2017
Kim
Mar 26, 2018
Anne-Marie
Mar 26, 2018
I grew up traveling the world with my diplomat parents, and have lived in Germany, Bolivia, Somalia, Afghanistan, Japan, Korea, and Mexico (and have visited plenty of others).

After several career choices (including computer programming and fine art photography!), I finally settled into the law and was an attorney for over twenty years, although writing has always been my first true love.

I live wit