Start by marking “Raising Arcadia (Raising Arcadia, #1)” as Want to Read:
Raising Arcadia (Raising Arcadia, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Raising Arcadia

(Raising Arcadia #1)

Arcadia Greentree knows she isn’t exactly normal. But then she discovers she isn’t Arcadia Greentree either.

Arcadia sees the world like no one else. Exceptionally observant, the sixteen-year-old is aware of her surroundings in a way that sometimes gets her into trouble — and out of it again. But when she seeks to unravel a mystery at school, a tragedy at home forces her to
Paperback, First Edition, 240 pages
Published May 2016 by Marshall Cavendish Editions

To ask other readers questions about Raising Arcadia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raising Arcadia

Start your review of Raising Arcadia (Raising Arcadia, #1)
Hila
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An intricately thought-out book with clever plot twists and unusual character relationships. It was perfectly strange. One thing I would say would be that it was slightly far-fetched, realistic fiction that wasn't very realistic.
Ghostly  Writer
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
I actually quite enjoyed this! Mystery-type novels aren't really my forte, but this has captured my attention. I look forward to reading the next one in the series!

Actual rating: 3.5 stars.
Alyssa Woo
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Raising Arcadia reminds me greatly of reading the Sherlock Holmes series, especially the younger Sherlock Holmes published after the death of Arthur Conan Doyle.
I would actually disagree that she's 'Harry Potter without a wand; Katniss Everdeen without a quiver'. I would say that Arcadia is more than that. Arcadia is a remarkably observant child and she's very intelligent. However, unlike most current female protagonists in Young Adult literature, she's not violent. She will fight to defend hers
Shane
Very good read. Fast paced and unique. First book in a trilogy. Looking forward to the remaining two books. Arcadia Greentree is the next big thing in sleuthing. Mystery fans will love this book and the clues/puzzles are fresh and intelligent.
Louie
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone 13 and up
Amazing. Raising Arcadia is such a strong and powerful mystery that has you intrigued from the very first page. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Jeannie
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clever, fun, quick-witted and lively. I grew very attached to Arcadia and her peculiarities. Surprising twists and sudden sober turns make this an unusual young adult read.
Amanda Belle-Nojonen
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! Arcadia is my kind of character.
Rennai
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Almost 4 stars from me. Arcadia is a "different" 16 year old, that is apparent right from the start. She attends an exclusive boarding school in England and has very strong ideas about what she should spend her time on and what is a complete waste of time for her (that includes several subjects and sections of the curriculum), much to the frustration of some of her teachers. She has a superior mind and notices the finest of details and can therefore make brilliant deductions (Sherlock Holmes-lik ...more
Sadie
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this in exchange for a review.

I really enjoyed this! This is the story of a teen girl, possibly with Aspberger's or something similar, who finds herself in trouble, and must use her extreme intellect to find her way out. She is so likable, and I found that I really cared about her. It was a quick read, and easy enough for teens, but not too easy for adults.

I am looking forward to completing the series.
Bella
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
such a good book, really makes you think
Jas Teo
Sep 21, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: help with adding URL 3 19 Nov 17, 2016 08:09PM

• Agatha Christie, Woman of Mystery
  • If I Could Tell You Just One Thing...: Encounters with Remarkable People and Their Most Valuable Advice
  • Broken Stars: Contemporary Chinese Science Fiction in Translation
  • How To Think Like Sherlock
  • The Boat
  • Zenobia
  • Are You Listening?
  • Phosphorescence: On Awe, Wonder and Things That Sustain You When the World Goes Dark
  • A Conspiracy of Bones (Temperance Brennan, #19)
  • The Penelopiad
  • Book of Lost Threads
  • The Dictionary of Lost Words
Simon Chesterman is a Professor and Dean of the National University of Singapore Faculty of Law. Educated in Melbourne, Beijing, and Oxford, he has lived and worked for the past decade in Singapore. Simon is the author or editor of eighteen books, including “One Nation Under Surveillance”, “Just War or Just Peace?” and “You, The People”. He is also the author of the young adult trilogy: “Raising A ...more

Raising Arcadia (3 books)
  • Finding Arcadia (Raising Arcadia, #2)
  • Being Arcadia (Raising Arcadia, #3)