Start by marking “The Shadow Sister (The Seven Sisters, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Shadow Sister (The Seven Sisters, #3)

The Shadow Sister

(The Seven Sisters #3)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  14,963 ratings  ·  1,027 reviews
Travel through the lush English countryside and explore the magnificent estates of the British aristocracy in this next spellbinding love story in The Seven Sisters series by #1 internationally bestselling author Lucinda Riley.

Star D’Aplièse is at a crossroads in her life after the sudden death of her beloved father—the elusive billionaire, affectionately calle
Published April 18th 2017 by Atria Books (first published November 3rd 2016)

·  14,963 ratings  ·  1,027 reviews

Start your review of The Shadow Sister (The Seven Sisters, #3)
Kerri
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5
Star is the sister is identify with the most, so I've been looking forward to her story. This book is very focused on books, and I loved that. Star gets a job working in a bookshop, and spends her time there surrounded by piles of books, many of them rare collectors items. Her boss Orlando is one of my favourite characters in this story -- part of me wants to reach into the pages and bring him into real life, even though he's not at all built for it!

I found Star's relationship with
Claire Robinson
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "It was written in the stars..." Stars!

The third book in Lucinda Riley's Seven Sisters series brings the reader Star D’Aplièse’s story. The title sums her up pretty well actually, as so far in the previous books she has really been The Shadow Sister.

This is a series that as a reader I would class as one that requires commitment, none of the books so far have been what I would call quick read, and all require
Lori
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To be fair in reviewing this novel, I must admit that I've had very little reading time the past couple of weeks. I enjoyed it, however, if I'd been able to read it more continuously I think I'd have enjoyed it more. The beginning & ending dragged a bit for me; however, I loved, loved, loved Flora and couldn't wait to get back to her story. Past story was 5 stars... present story 3. A great series that I highly recommend. 4 stars.
Pauline
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Shadow Sister by Lucinda Riley was an excellent historical novel, the third in a series of books about six young women who had all been adopted as babies and brought up as sisters.
The girls are devastated when their father dies and they all come home for the funeral. They are all given letters written by their father with clues to their natural parents.
This third book in the series is about Star, all her life she has been devoted to her sister CeCe kwho is a few months younger. Now at
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
The Shadow Sister is book three The Seven Sisters series. I had wanted to read this series from the beginning and I was a bit unsure how it would go starting with book three. But, despite some mentionings from the previous book did I find this book to work as a stand-alone. Although now I really want to read the previous two books!

I found the title of this book to be very fitting, both the main characters in the present time Star D'Aplièse and Flora MacNichol that lived in the beginn
Dale Harcombe
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In 2007, after the death of her beloved adoptive father, Pa Salt, Star moves into an apartment her sister has chosen. Star is used to sharing her life with Cee Cee. For so long Cee Cee has been a voice for Star. But now Star needs to step out of the shadows and discover who she really is. She needs to find out from the clues Pap Salt left her about her birth parents. Her first clue leads her to an old bookshop. From the moment she sets foot inside that bookshop her life begins to change in ways ...more
Babydimps (Suzy)
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just love this series! I must admit, the 1st book - The Seven Sisters - is still my favorite so far, but these books seriously pull you in and this book - the 3rd - is no exception. I loved Flora's story. What a lovely human. She was the best part of it all. The beginning dragged a little, but it didn't ruin the story at all. I agree with some of the other reviewers in that these books do require commitment and time. They are longer books with a lot of details. Well worth it. Can't wait for Ce ...more
Thebooktrail
Full review to come but this book is just so wonderful I had to share

Booktrail the locations here -link: Shadow Sister

For book lovers everywhere this centres around an old bookshop in London with rare books scattered all over, a story that leads back to Beatrix Potter and her home at Hill Top Farm, the love of animals she shares with Flora in Lucinda's book and a part in the story overall that is just magical!

Lucinda’s Seven sisters series just gets better and better. Star’s s
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
I can't wait for Star's story in November, the silent sister! But I must confess I'm mostly waiting for Tiggy's story, she reminds me of myself. I hope her story is next after Star's. I'm excited that Beatrix Potter is mentioned.

[February 5, 2017] The day before yesterday, I bought this book and I'm over the moon! I've been waiting for some time! Last night I began reading the book, cracking the spine a bit. The relationship between Star an
Jess The Bookworm
Lucinda Riley continues her Seven Sisters series with this, the third installment. Star is the quiet sister, the one who always lived in CeCe's shadow, letting her talk for her and make all of her decisions. But now everything has changed. Pa Salt is dead and Star needs to become her own person and figure out who she is.

This book takes the reader to the Lake District in England during the early twentieth century, and introduces us to Beatrix Potter and Alice Keppel, one of the King's
RoseMary Achey
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a terrific book to begin the Reading New Year. Let me set the scene...My family was gone for the day. I quickly cleaned the morning dishes, made my bed, brewed a cup of tea, found one of the multiple pairs of reading glasses that dot my house and snuggled with my Black Lab on the Daybed. Once I opened the The Shadow Sisters I became totally immersed in the story. Even though the book is 670+ pages, it literally flew by.

Lucinda Riley has created another fabulous story. This time she highlights Sta
Holly
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2017
I knew by page 20 that this was going to be my favorite so far of the Seven Sisters series. I wasn't wrong. There was something about this particular book that drew me in more than the first two. Perhaps because it was set in England and that's my particular favorite or maybe I saw something in myself in Star that made her my favorite sister (so far). Whatever "it" was, it worked. I was completely engrossed in this novel from the very beginning and never once did I want to put it down. I was onl ...more
Ashley Daviau
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
In my opinion this is definitely the best book out of the series so far. We’ve barely heard about Star so far so it was a real treat to get an in depth look at what gets her ticking and to see her find herself. She’s definitely the character I connect with the most so far in this series, I see myself a lot in her and I think that’s part of why I enjoyed this book so much compared to the first two. I’m still waiting for more of the mythology of the Seven Sisters and still disappointed that there’ ...more
Kathryn
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. Third sister's story - Star. Enjoyed it very much. Narrator did a much better reading of this book. Mixture of historical and contemporary. Interesting to have some actual historical figures in the mix. I liked the English setting and loved Flora's story. So long though - the size of at the very least two books!
Sue
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There really wasn't a single character in this installment that was really likable, except maybe the little boy. Every one of them were whiny, self indulgent, childish, and just plain annoying. That included the characters from the past AND the present. And I don't hold out much hope for the next book either since Cee Cee is REALLY obnoxious.
Theresa Smith
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-series
Another triumph in the continuing story of The Seven Sisters. Star’s story was a truly lovely one, watching her unfold from her inhibitions and take flight into her own life. I was greatly surprised by how much I enjoyed this story, only because I had found Star to be somewhat wishy washy as a character when I had encountered her in the previous two novels.
I wasn’t overly fussed though at the relationship between her and her co-dependent sibling, CeCe. I have no doubt Lucinda Riley has big plan
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
I haven't read any book in this series before, but I am glad I took the chance to pick this book up! Even though I didn't read the previous books in this series, I didn't have a hard time following what was happening. This was such a magical read!

One of my favorite things about this book was the descriptive settings. The author's writing created such a lush and magical world. I loved how the author would be descriptive without creating info dumps. I felt like I was transported into t
Elizabeth
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, kindle
This book was so wonderful to read! I have enjoyed the series so far and this one is my current favorite. Although, to be honest, I think that all the books will end up as favorites.

This book is all about Star with her sisters making appearances throughout. I love the way that the author draws the other characters close for short appearances, then brings us back to the main character so effortlessly.

The author also draws us back and forth between past and present throughout the book and I foun
Judy
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm still enjoying this series. This is the third book and is Star's story. Star has always lived her life in the shadow of her sister Cece, but receiving Pa Salt's clue to her heritage she takes a step toward independence as she begins her search. Can't wait for the next sister's story.
Jenks
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don’t like writing reviews with spoilers so i always feel whatever I type cannot sell a book enough.

So far ...this has been my favourite of the seven sisters series. I originally made a quick note of whose stories I’d thought I would like and cece and star I felt I’d really dislike cece and be indifferent to star. But actually I loved cece and he journey. And stars kept me turning pages .

Out of the series so far , the author has flashbacks in time to give context to the girls journeys, when
Caroline
Three stars, and all of them for Flora. Seriously, for Flora's part, it's so worth it. She's easily the most fleshed out character from all the three books so far, and I enjoyed her chapters immensely. If this was just Flora's story, the book would get a five star rating. The historical circumstances were interesting, I actually liked the character development even in her darker moments, and I loved her spirit, independence, loyalty and zest for life. She's a tomboyish character not too fond of ...more
Nikki
Feb 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shadow Sister was good but for me, it didn't have the wow factor of Storm Sister! Very well written but certain parts felt rushed, while other parts seemed unnecessarily long. although I suspect their might be a few surprises in store regarding Pa Salt possibly in the last book.
Lisa M
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All the stars. I don't have the eloquence to write a review that would do justice to this stunning book. I know there are more stories to come in this series but I don't think this one will be beaten for me, I loved every page and felt a real connection to Star and her story. I had to force myself to put it down and read on my kindle just to try and prolong the enjoyment I was getting from such a breath-taking read. One of my favourite books ever.
Umut Reviews
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites-2017
You can also see my review and reviews of other books of this series, at my blog:

Seven Sisters series is one of my all time favorites! This book is the 3rd of a 7 book series. There's a wealthy guy (whom the girls call Pa) who adopts 6 baby girls and names them after the Seven Sisters star galaxy. They live in a mansion in Switzerland and they have a Nanny who look
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*4.5 stars
Emma Crowley
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After waiting impatiently for what seems like forever, but really it was only since November last year, Lucinda Riley has made a triumphant return with book three in a planned seven series – The Shadow Sister. As soon as I finished The Storm Sister last year I just wanted to read Star's story and discover more clues behind the story loosely based on the mythology of the Seven Sisters star cluster. Lucinda has long been a favourite author of mine and though it may sound like an overused cliché sh ...more
Anna
Star D'Apliese has been living under the shadow of her sister CeCe. With the death of their beloved father, Pa Salt, Star is at a crossroad in her life, ready to express her independence. Pa Salt had adopted Star and her five sisters as babies from all over the globe. He had given each of the women clues and coordinates to their birth mother's. Star's clue leads her to a bookstore in London and it's eccentric owner, Orlando. He offers Star a job, invites her to their Manor House, and introduces ...more
Zoe
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Atmospheric, absorbing and incredibly descriptive!

In this third instalment of The Seven Sisters we delve into the life of Star, a young woman who is yearning for a little independence from her sister CeCe and who discovers on her journey to find her parentage that she loves the simple things in life, taking care of others, dusty bookshops and small-town country living.

The story, itself, is exceptionally compelling and is filled with drama, familial dynamics, emotion, self
Taylor Knight
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
I was sent an ARC of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Even though this is the third installment, I heard it could be read on its own so that's what I did. That being said, I definitely want to go back and read the first two books.

I enjoyed this book so much! It was so incredibly well written. It almost read like a film in an odd (yet wonderful) way. It was descriptive without getting caught up in the details and making the story drag.
I really loved the setting. This is

• Façade
  • Die Tuchvilla
  • Ciao Sicilia
  • Moord op de moestuin
  • Geheim leven
  • Familiegeheimen (Holleeder trilogie, # 3)
  • Bestemd voor mij
  • A Gift for Dying
  • Ik mis je
  • Sotaleski (Syrjästäkatsojan tarinoita #7)
  • Kallbrand (Rönning & Stilton, #5)
  • Zeven perfecte dagen, deel 1
  • Verknocht (Verkikkerd #3)
AKA: Lucinda Edmonds
Lucinda Riley was born in Ireland, and after an early career as an actress in film, theatre and television, wrote her first book aged twenty-four. Her books have been translated into over thirty five languages and sold twenty million copies worldwide. She is a Sunday Times and New York Times bestseller.

Lucinda is currently writing The Seven Sisters series, which tells the st

The Seven Sisters (6 books)
  • The Seven Sisters (The Seven Sisters, #1)
  • The Storm Sister (The Seven Sisters #2)
  • The Pearl Sister (The Seven Sisters #4)
  • The Moon Sister (The Seven Sisters, #5)
  • The Sun Sister (The Seven Sisters, #6)
“A room without books is like a body without a soul,” 7 likes
“I will always remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard that my father had died...” 1 likes