Start by marking “Lost Rider (Coming Home, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lost Rider (Coming Home, #1)

Lost Rider

(Coming Home #1)

Maverick Austin Davis is forced to return home after a ten-year career as a rodeo star. After one too many head injuries, he’s off the circuit and in the horse farming business, something he’s never taken much of a shine to, but now that it’s his late father’s legacy, familial duty calls. How will Maverick find his way after the only dream he ever had for himself is over?

E
Mass Market Paperback, 374 pages
Published April 25th 2017 by Pocket Books

Start your review of Lost Rider (Coming Home, #1)
Shayna
Who is this Harper Sloan and where the HELL has she been all my life?! The first book in her BRAND NEW SERIES, just BLEW. ME. AWAY. I've never went through so many emotions with an individual character, until...Maverick Austin Davis! I HAVE BEEN SLAYED!

"You better believe I'm ridin' this out with you until you buck me off. And darlin', there hasn't been a ride I've ever been more prepared for."

Ok, listen. I know I'm late to the game with this author, but better late than never, right? I'm ju
Christy
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4 stars!

photo E2023FB7-AA9F-4BC2-89BB-DA7B651010AD_zpsdleasbjr.jpg

I've read all of Harper Sloan's books, and while it's safe to say she can write a bad-ass alpha male, I wondered… can she write a cowboy? The answer... yes. Yes she can. Lost Rider is a book I would recommend to all fans of cowboys or alpha males. Maverick Davis starts out as a brooding cowboy, but he's got a heart of gold underneath it all. The best kind of alpha- a damaged hero!

Leighton James has loved the same man since she was a teen. That man has not been easy to love. He’s cru
.Under the pages
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review available at Under the Pages.

Coco.V
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
A heart-warming romance !

This was an utterly moving story of second chances in life, and I truly loved every minute of it. I don’t know why I am even surprised anymore when I fall in love with another book by this incredible author because it happens every single time.

This story is about retired rodeo star Maverick Davis and bakery owner Leighton James who happens to be Mav’s sister’s best friend too.

Ten years ago, Maverick left his little home town in Texas to pursue his dream of becoming a b
Katy Evans
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I more than LOVED IT.

This story is beautiful and mesmerizing, a story about second chances, family, and the place we call home. This story will just make its way into your heart and fill it with all the emotions available. Hope. Peace. Forgiveness. And the most sexy, realest love!

Can't wait for everyone to read. Add to your TBR piles for sure! Looking forward to more more MORE! :D
Sabrina
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon * B&N

Lost Rider is the start to Harper Sloan's brand new series, Coming Home, and her first release in Western Romance. This book follows Maverick Davis as he returns home after too many concussions have taken him off the Rodeo circuit. When he left town ten years ago it was with plans to never come back, but now that his father has passed and he no longer has his career, he knows it's time. He never expected to return to Leighton James looking as gorgeous as a model and hating h
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Simon and Schuster Publishing}

I'm going to keep my review brief.

LOST RIDER centers around Leighton James and Maverick Davis, who have known each other their whole lives. Maverick is Leigh's best friend's older brother and he's owned her heart for as long as she can remember. The thing is, she's owned his as well but he never let her see what was in his heart. He left town for nearly ten years because he needed to get away from his abusive father an
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

description

I love cowboys so therefore this book brought me to my happy place! Plus I love Harper Sloan and second-chance romance stories, so ‘Lost Rider’ ticked all the boxes for me to want to dive straight in and devour this story. If you’re anything like me and love nothing more than a sexy as sin alpha cowboy then this is definitely the book for you.

Maverick and Leighton have grown up together in the small town of Pine Oaks, Texas. Leighton has had a crush on her best friend (Quinn’s) brother, Maveric
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
dnf 50%
le sad but I'm not feeling it. I'm being told repeatedly that these two have been in love with each other since youth but I guess I need to be shown... flashbacks, may be? or something. :/ I just am not connecting with the story, unfortunately.
Michelle
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Got to luv a hot Cowboy

I was really looking forward to this book. The author is quite new to my but I have to say she is becoming one of my favourites. Her stories just seem to suck me in from the very start. This was one of them books Maverick and Leighton were so good together. But God did Maverick make things hard on her. They had known each other for forever they grow up together Leighton is his sisters best f
♡Tonya♡
IT'S LIVE!

** ARC RECEIVED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

** 5 I loved you then. I love you now. I'll love you always stars  **

If you think this is just your typical run of the mill,  "cowboy chases his dreams and hurts the girl" story, you'd be sadly mistaken.   This was so very much more.

Maverick was a complicated guy.  He was bound and determined to leave town, chase his dream and not look back.  I won't lie,  at first he was hard to love.  I bounced between wanting to shake him and wanti
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐3 COWBOY Stars ⭐⭐⭐

“Head over boots cowboy.
Head.
Over.
Boots.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A Second chance romance book is a HUGE weakness for me. Whether it was bad timing, human manipulation, or just plain old stupidity, reading stories like these gives us hope. That feeling of knowing that you’re going to get a second chance of a love you thought was gone forever, is what grabs us from the very first page. Then you have that moment when everything around you suddenly falls into place and your staring at the one
Bubu
Jun 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: awful, dnf, read-2017, 1-star, cr, na
(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Let me tell you the wonderful tale of Queen-of-the-Pies Leighton and Dark-Angry-Broody Maverick.

It will only cover one third of the book but it'll suffice to express the utter pleasure I had reading about this charming couple.

The Ugly-Duckling (or
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

3 Second Chances and Cowboy Stars

Lost Rider is a standalone and is part of the Coming Home Series. I haven’t read a Harper Sloan book in a while. In fact I haven’t read a book by her since her debut book. She has a mega fan base and I was curious to see how much her writing has changed.

I love a Southern cowboy book. I’m from Texas and my husband owns acers of land with a family that has a Southern accent and all. Suffice it to the say, the accent, the jeans and cowboy hat does it for me.

Le
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4.5 love me a cowboy Stars

photo 404A4F4E-B68E-4D62-8C8D-1969DB60DF83_zps9lchi25b.jpg

Harper Sloan has always been a go to author for me she's my guilty pleasure fav, her heroes are mostly Ass-hole Alpha's that turn protective in the sweetest loving way. This one though has a slightly different feel, I'd say it's under the contemporary Romance genre but it still it was equally as fun with the chemistry, sexy moments and a bigger plot to keep you turning the pages.

Maverick is the middle brother of the Davies family, after a hurtful and painful up br
Claire Robinson
3 - I was lost once... Stars.

Lost Rider, introduces the reader to the Davis family of Pine Oak, Texas. Town royalty if you will, and the first book gives us retired bull-rider, Maverick Austin Davis’ story.

"I’m not sure if everything I’ve been chasing-everything I’ve lost-is worth knowing what I’ve been missing…"

This is the first book I have read by Harper Sloan, I have however seen a lot of positive reviews for her other books on my Goodreads feed, so I started Lost Rider, with high hopes.
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'Head. Over. Boots.' Stars!
ARC provided by the author via Ink Slinger PR in exchange for an honest review.
description

Harper Sloan is one of my favorite authors ever. So you can imagine this girl's excitement levels when she got an advanced copy of the first book in Harper's newest series! I am sure many of you know how good this woman is with military man, musicians and now.. heck yes, cowboys!

Lost Rider is the first installment of Harper's Coming Home series which will focus on the love stories about t
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
OMG! My heart is so full! Now that is how you write a romance!!!!!!
Copy received for review consideration
~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s always hard to describe your feelings when you complete a fabulous book. Your emotions are running high, and if it’s anything like this book by Harper Sloan, you probably have a few tears going on as well.

Lost Rider gave me the major feels from start to finish. The deep emotional writing and the attention to in-depth detailed description created a masterpiece in contemporary
Esther
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, angst, arc
ARC provided by NetGalley and Publisher for an honest review.

Maverick was Leighton's best friends older brother and she only had eyes for him. Maverick was aware of Leighton crush but knew he needed to ignore it. Second chance love is where this book takes us.

The book starts with flashbacks of when Maverick and Leighton are young and lays the foundation of their history. Maverick has a tragic and sad family life with some major father issues added on. He was determined to purse his dream of the
Wendy
I have a very deep love for cowboys, so when I was given the chance of reviewing a "cowboy" book, by one of my favorite authors...I jumped on it !! You know what they say....and I totally agree !!

save_a_horse_ride_a_cowboy.jpg (400×400):

"Lost Rider" is the first book in this new series by Haper Sloan. It was very different, from all the other books I have read by her (which are a lot), though one thing has not changed.... the delicious alpha hero ;)

1406937578668 (500×320):

The beginning of this books has some flashbacks to the past, when Maverick and Leighton
Carvanz
3.5 Stars

A story of coming home again when coming home is so very painful and yet holds the one thing you need more than air.

Maverick left home to follow a dream but more importantly to escape a harsh reality. In doing so he had to hurt the one person that gave him calm in the midst of all the turmoil he had grown up with. Leigh had her own dreams but they included Maverick and her young heart is broken when he takes steps to make sure that he can’t use her to stay away from following the rodeo
Pam
Mar 07, 2017 marked it as arc-up-next  ·  review of another edition
ARC kindly provided by Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books, via NetGalley, for an honest review.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 stars <33

I was so excited to read this new series from Harper Sloan!I really enjoyed meeting these new characters and especially Maverick and Leighton.

This was a second chance romance and also a second chance on family, and if you read this book you'll understand what I mean.

Lost Rider is a sweet romance but also a little bit slow for my taste but overall I find it lovely and refreshing!!

Gi's Spot Reviews
4.25 'Steel Roots' Stars

Awww… Harper Sloan really gave us all the feels in this western inspired second chance romance!

I completely fell in love not only with the main characters, but all the story setting and the secondary characters, and that is saying a lot because second chance romance, as most of you know is normally not my thing, but the way Harper wrote it really captivated me and touched my heart.

Maverick and Leighton have known each other since she came into this world, and always share
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Maverick left his hometown in Texas ten years ago to follow his dreams. He wanted to be the biggest rodeo star ever. And he achieved all that and more. But now an injury sends him back home for good. Also, his dad died and he has to help with the family's horse farm business. Which he hates! He and his dad had a horrible and abusive relationship. His dad didn't believe he would ever make something of the rodeo thing. But he did.
And now he's back home .... But his family was not the only thing he
Tina
Apr 25, 2017 marked it as dnf
Dnf

Fuck you Maverick, fuck you
Mandi Schreiner
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I've never read Harper Sloan (I plan to hit her back list hard after this one) and when I saw in the blurb the hero is a retired rodeo star, I decided to try it. I'm so, so glad I did because I really enjoyed this book and this author's voice. The way she writes her hero (and maybe even her heroine) reminds me a bit of Kristen Ashley, which is a good thing.

Maverick is an asshole to start - and I have to say, an asshole hero done right is my catnip. Two things happen that make him a successful as
Yodamom
4 swoon-tastic stars
Hot hunky damaged man, with rippled abs cowboy, who dumps his life breaks a few hearts and searches for redemption in the heart of his childhood friend, that he nearly destroyed. Their bond to each other is strong but the damage is deep and dense with scar tissue that may not ever be softened. There is hot cowboy riding, smoking hot kisses, and swoon worthy moments galore is this first book in a series I am looking forward to continuing.
The female main character. Leighton, o
Marta Cox
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, my-reviews
Three and a half
Harper Sloan is a name even I've heard of and I'm not someone who really reads much contemporary romance so when I spotted this new book about a second chance romance featuring a hot rodeo rider I thought hey why not? Nothing more sexy than an alpha cowboy and add in the Texan accent and yep I guess there will be a lot of readers swooning!
Yes this story is about Maverick coming home to face his demons but he's in for a huge shock when he gets there. Ten years might have passed bu
Stacie
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-challenge
3 3/4 "Infinity" Stars!

Sweet second chance romance. Maverick starts off being a big jerk, but he won me over. Leighton was great. I'm in for the rest of the series. Happy reading!

• Untamed Cowboy (Gold Valley, #2)
  • Southern Chance (Southern Series, #1)
  • Charming Hannah (Big Sky, #1)
  • One to Keep (One to Hold, #2)
  • Living with the Walker Boys
  • Perfect Love Story (Love Story, #1)
  • Chute Yeah (The Valentine Boys, #3)
  • Southern Comfort (Southern Series, #2)
  • The Bitterroot Inn (Jamison Valley, #5)
  • Unexpected Love Story (Love Story, #2)
  • Get Bucked (The Valentine Boys #4)
  • Sex in the Sticks (Love Hurts, #1)
  • Tempt the Boss (Tempt, #1)
  • Maybe Swearing Will Help (SWAT Generation 2.0 #3)
  • Crazy Heifer (The Valentine Boys #2)
  • Good Time Cowboy (Gold Valley, #3)
  • Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha #1)
  • Wildfire (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #3)
Harper Sloan is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today best selling author. She resides in north Georgia with her three daughters, four cats and one dog. While being independently published is a dream, she also has three traditionally published titles with Pocket Books. When she isn't working hard on her next novel, you can most definitely find her with a book in hand.

**To contact Ha

Coming Home (3 books)
  • Kiss My Boots (Coming Home, #2)
  • Cowboy Up (Coming Home, #3)

News & Interviews

“I was sad. Then I got confused. Which turned into anger really quick, and now I’m back to sad. I’m all over the place and half of the time I don’t even know what to do with myself. It’s almost as if I’m stuck in some weird purgatory that just won’t let me escape.” She” 1 likes