Start by marking “Mom Set Free: Find Relief from the Pressure to Get It All Right” as Want to Read:
Mom Set Free: Find Relief from the Pressure to Get It All Right

Mom Set Free: Find Relief from the Pressure to Get It All Right

Moms are under so. much. pressure. Pressure that weighs us down and threatens to wipe us out. Are you ready for relief? Mom Set Free will empower you to parent in the confidence of God's grace and to experience the freedom you were created for.

We moms are told that we have to get it all right so our kids turn out right. We’re told that their entire futures are riding on ou
Published August 29th 2017 by Howard Books

To ask other readers questions about Mom Set Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mom Set Free

Christina DeVane
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don’t agree with every little thing in this book- especially her wide wide range of Bible versions used. However, her premise has some powerful truth in parenting from a position of Spirit-filled grace not control. Not perfection, but a parent in pursuit of God (my child must see this). This is a great read for any parent especially for those who are heavy on law, control, and feeling the weight of I’m not doing it all right. At the same time, parenting is all about balancing law and grace tog ...more
Koren
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was excellent. I borrowed this copy from our library and I wish I would have owned a copy because I needed to highlight and write in the margins! Jeannie shared such a beautiful and humbling experience through her words that have really made me question some things about my own self. I wish I could explain everything that made an impact on me here, but there is still so much swimming around in my head and so much application that could be made, that I just can't do it here and now.

This isn'
Lauren M.
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful reminder of God’s Grace for us. That when we accept His grace in our lives, we are free to pour that grace into our children and spouses as well. This parenting this is TOUGH but He never leaves our side. Just pray! 😍
Amanda
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Possibly the best parenting book I’ve ever read. Cunnion set me free from the mom guilt and reminded me that in order to parent from grace I must live in grace myself. I highly recommend this book to all moms.
Rheanna Haines
I made the mistake of trying to listen to this book. The content in the first half of the book was good but they could not have picked a worse narrator. It was so hard to listen to the robotic voice paired with the informal language of the authors
Suzie
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book contains such great reminders of who we really are as moms and why we’re here. “Our children don’t need us to be the perfection of Christ. They need to see us in pursuit of Christ. They need us to point them to Christ.” It’s ok to be imperfect. It’s ok to be broken. It’s ok to have cracks. “His love and light inside you can shine through your cracks, to the glory of his grace.” The only one who was perfect was Jesus. The only one who can save us and save our kids is Jesus. Accept God’s ...more
Andrew Wolgemuth
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, faith, nonfiction
I'm not in the target market of Mom Set Free: Find Relief from the Pressure to Get It All Right, but there's enough similarity in the pressures dads feel that I greatly appreciated the "set free" message as well.

Jeannie's core observation is that parents' desire to parent from grace requires that they experience and enjoy God's grace themselves. Otherwise, the likelihood is high that "showing them grace" becomes another pressure-inducing checklist. Her goal, then, is for moms to fully appreciat
Michele
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This bible study is Amazing! It's very insightful and it helped me to thinking differently (not just on parenting, but on life in general). It was more like a renewal of the mind for me. I'm just learning to truly know about God/Jesus (vs the robotic and going to the motions type of way...in fact I wasn't a believer for a decade) and if there is one thing I deeply learned from this book is the real meaning of GRACE. Yeah yeah...I've heard it many times through my 30 some years in life, but when ...more
Renée Parks
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was wonderful! The Lord used it to give me encouragement when I needed it the most. I am, as my husband would say, my own worst critic. I tend to be very tough on myself as I struggle with my shortcomings and imperfections as a mother. I tend to feel shame and frustration with myself when I make mistakes. This book has been a good reminder that I don’t need to carry shame and guilt about what I have or have not done but that I need to rest in God’s grace. If you are mom who struggles i ...more
Hope Eifert
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Lots of great content and reminders, but I really wasn’t a fan of the writing. It had a lot of the same principles as Paul Tripp’s book, Parenting, but way preferred that one.

I saw some other reviewers comment on not liking the fact that she switches around between so many different versions of the Bible, and I thought it sounded like a petty complaint before I read the book, but I really disliked it too. It made it feel kind of cherry-picked.

That said, I really loved her compilation of Scriptu
Pam
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great read and great message for moms or anyone trying to raise godly children. Such great advice and in an easy to read manner. No preaching here, just love and understanding in the struggle some of us face daily. Great for a bible study group or just to read on your own to help you get prespective!
Marianne
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I felt this book was spot on when it came to explaining how we need to give grace and how we are not our child’s Savior. That we need to admit and show our kids we are not perfect, which is why we need Jesus. I felt like it moved slowly through the middle but my favorite part was the last three chapters where the author gets into practical application.
Melissa
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read this for summer bible study and it rocked my world. All us American mommas should read this book as I would imagine the vast majority of us could relate to not ever being able to be enough in our lives.
Marné Yates
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, lds, own
"How would your life and your parenting look different if you really believed and lived from the truth that God can't stop loving you? Just as you are, not as you wish you were." Bring a highlighter, friends.
Amy
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to read this as part of a bible study with a moms group at church. However, I found it not helpful and repetitive. She presents some scenarios to which no mother could relate to. Would not recommend as a christian parenting book.
Tina
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best parenting books I’ve read!
Jill Goldberg
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Good reminders, but rather repetitive.
Sara
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books
Great, encouraging read for all the moms out there.
Kim
Sep 28, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was just ok. It’s overly repetitive with its message. Although it is a good message. Just could have been shorter. I’ve listened to the audiobook and the narrator was very robotic.
Jolene Rose
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a very encouraging read. It describes how to let go of chasing after perfectionism in ourselves and our children. It describes how to live out the gospel in our lives and parenting.
Jenny
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great content. The only thing I didn't like was that the author used different Bible translations through the text (NIV, NLT, MSG) when referencing scripture.
K'la Brasseur
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Encouraging read!!
Desiray Schultz hayner
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every mom regardless of kids age should do this study! Very powerful and life changing. I have a new perspective and feel free!
Leigh Baker
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!! This book has so much in it I feel I'll need to read it again in the future. She starts off with parenting but breaks away in the middle to take us on our own Bible study because, of course, you can't give your kids what you don't have. She is very real, honest, and encouraging!!!
Melissa Nishimoto
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So helpful!!! Thank you Jeannie!!!
Mary Cole
Aug 08, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Seasons of a Mother's Heart
  • She Is Yours: Trusting God As You Raise the Girl He Gave You
  • The Thriving Introvert: Embrace the Gift of Introversion and Live the Life You Were Meant to Live (Free Workbook Included)
  • I Wish He Had Come with Instructions
  • Stressed-Less Living: Finding God's Peace in Your Chaotic World
  • Simply Homeschool: Having Less Clutter and More Joy in Your Homeschool
  • Raising World Changers in a Changing World: How One Family Discovered the Beauty of Sacrifice and the Joy of Giving
  • True You: Letting Go of Your False Self to Uncover the Person God Created
  • The Happiness Dare: Pursuing Your Heart's Deepest, Holiest, and Most Vulnerable Desire
  • This Is Your Brain on Joy: How the New Science of Happiness Can Help You  Feel Good and Be Happy
  • She Is Free: Learning the Truth about the Lies That Hold You Captive
  • Perfectly Unique: Praising God From Head to Foot
  • Triggers: Exchanging Parents' Angry Reactions for Gentle Biblical Responses
  • In This House, We Will Giggle: Making Virtues, Love, and Laughter a Daily Part of Your Family Life
  • Troubled Minds: Mental Illness and the Church's Mission
  • Parenting by the Book: Biblical Wisdom for Raising Your Child
  • Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity
  • Understanding the Enneagram: The Practical Guide to Personality Types
Jeannie Cunnion holds a Master’s degree in Social Work. Her professional background combines counseling, writing, and extensive speaking about parenting and adoption issues for organizations such as Bethany Christian Services and the National Council for Adoption. Jeannie also enjoys blogging on her website (www.jeanniecunnion.com), serving as the Council Co-Chairman at Trinity Church in Greenwich ...more
“If we try to raise kids who love God only by giving them the commandments of God and telling them they should love God, we will more likely raise rule followers than God lovers.” 0 likes