Start by marking “Simply Clean: The Proven Method for Keeping Your Home Organized, Clean, and Beautiful in Just 10 Minutes a Day” as Want to Read:

From the cleaning and homekeeping expert and creator of the wildly popular Clean Mama blog comes a simple and accessible cleaning guide with a proven step-by-step schedule for tidying a home in just ten minutes a day.

Becky Rapinchuk, the “Clean Mama,” understands that many people don’t have the time, organizational skills, or homemaking habits to maintain a constantly clea
Published March 21st 2017 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Simply Clean, please sign up.
Linsey Clean Mama's Guide to a Healthy Home goes over the products that you use in your home, explains what ingredients they may have that can be bad for you…moreClean Mama's Guide to a Healthy Home goes over the products that you use in your home, explains what ingredients they may have that can be bad for you, and gives you DIY recipes for cleaning products that are free of toxins.
Simply Clean gives instructions for putting together a cleaning routine for your house, with tips for daily tasks, weekly, and larger decluttering / spring cleaning style cleaning projects. There are a few recipes for DIY cleaners in here too, but it's more about creating a routine for keeping your house clean than the recipes.(less)

Start your review of Simply Clean: The Proven Method for Keeping Your Home Organized, Clean, and Beautiful in Just 10 Minutes a Day
Katie
Overall, this cleaning strategy really appealed to my brain. I like the way tasks were divided and broken down. There's also a built in "catch up" day, which is really awesome. So if you miss a day, just wait to do that task until the catch up day. And the tasks really CAN be done in 10 minutes or so a day. (Except for them there are monthly and quarterly, etc, things, but I am not worrying about them right now.)

That said, in the months (lol) it's been taking me to read the book, I've already mo
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Simply Clean was brought to my attention when I was browsing my local library's patron's reviews. The person that reviewed this book was put off by the 10 minutes a day cleaning method. They decided it was a ridiculous idea to be able clean all your bathrooms in 10 minutes and they decided not to finish reading the book. I was intrigued by their review because when my kids were little I used to do the Fly Lady system. I remember from my Fly Lady days the idea of maintenance is the key on how you ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life
(I received an ARC from the NETGALLEY)

RATING: 3 STARS

(Review Not on Blog)

I was interested in this book to see if there were more tips I could pick up. This book is more like a magazine article stretched out to a book. It is fun to look through and has a few tips but it is one book I would borrow from library rather than own.
Melissa Borsey
Sep 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I’m a sucker for books that have “organize your home” in the title and it did cover that area somewhat but mostly it’s about cleaning-VERY thoroughly! Good ideas and tips here. I thank Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Emma
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you follow the Clean Mama blog then I doubt much of this will be very new to you. However, I just discovered the blog and think the book is a great resource with a common sense and yet revolutionary approach to systematically keeping a clean home. The "Simply Clean" method is to have rotating daily, weekly, monthly, and semi-annual cleaning tasks. No brainer, right? This has been my cleaning philosophy for awhile, although I always seem to fall short of actually accomplishing it all. What was ...more
Susan
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
As a person with a tidy home, I was interested in learning tips to speed up the cleaning process. I could not continue reading, because the author's suggestion about cleaning days lasting 10 minutes is physically impossible except in the case of a one or two bedroom apartment. I would like anyone to video themselves vacuuming or washing floors in a two level home in 10 minutes to prove it can be done. I don't think it's right to sell a book on this premise. The author's daily tasks keeping up wi ...more
LeAnn Long
May 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
I listened to the audiobook. After finishing disc 1, I was dumbfounded by the sheer amount of work she puts into her house. It is clearly NOT ten minutes a day. I understood the routine she was trying to create-like a different room each day- but she clearly spent more than 10 minutes a day cleaning. I am baffled.
Scout Collins
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Simply Clean is an in-depth, thorough approach to getting through clutter, cleaning, organizing and maintaining your house. Becky Rapinchuk purposely made this book as non-intimidating as possible for people who are busy and don't have much time to clean.

She gives lots of good tips and ideas, and for the most part her Challenges and Tasks seem manageable. However, there are still some times where you can tell she is more into cleaning than the average person, which is reflected in her expectati
Mallory
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Read this for a cleaning challenge group. The author’s “ten minute” promise is a joke if you have children. And I have no intention of putting money or effort into making “cute cleaning caddies”. However, I do like the idea of assigning tasks to certain days of the week. Instead of feeling stressed every time I see a mess or cleaning opportunity (all day every day??) I am able to better focus on just the task of the day and not worry about trying and failing to get to everything. For example, I ...more
Piepie
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! So much of it doesn't apply to me/us; we live in a 1 bed, 1 bath apartment whereas the bulk of this book talked about garages, basements, multi-floors, multi rooms, kids, cleaning kids' stuff, etc. But I'm looking forward to adapting what DOES apply to our situation and staying on top of the housekeeping. My husband and I both work full-time out of the home, so we don't have the luxury of time to clean sometimes. But already our apartment looks much better and I'm in ...more
Jeanne
Jul 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This is intermediate to advance levels of cleaning and organizing. I'm still a beginner. So I couldn't use much, but it gave me a bunch of cool ideas.
Alison Stewart
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book gave me hope for an always clean home, even with working outside the home and three young boys. I've adapted the schedule laid out to our life/schedule and I'm including the kids in helping clean because I think they need to learn how to clean. I'm not sure I buy the "10 Minutes a Day" claim in the book title, but it is fairly short for the daily basics. (I'm allotting 15 minutes) If you expand to deeper cleaning/organizing, you will be spending more time. But maybe things get quicker ...more
Julia Blake
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just do a little every day. So simple, yet exactly what I needed to read. This book is full of practical tips and encouragement. Very good! I also like her homemade cleaning recipes. I will be referring back to this many times.
Tawnya
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Most of the ideas about cleaning were not revolutionary to me. Pick up after yourself, do a little every day, have a cleaning schedule... I started reading the introduction with the promise of a sparkling home in 10 minutes a day and I became hopeful. Maybe she really does have something new to offer? Not only was I disappointed to learn she had nothing new to suggest but extremely frustrated because hey promise of 10 minutes is misleading. She is suggesting you do a small checklist of items dai ...more
Penny
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm habitually tidy. Clean is another story. I like her scheduling idea for cleaning chores, and keeping tasks to 10 minutes... though mine have taken way longer.

The one tip that has stuck: Do one load of laundry a day, start (wash) to finish (fold and put away). I'm notorious for leaving forgotten damp clothes in the washer for days. This is definitely helping.

I'm 4 days in with the 28-day simple clean challenge. Just having my toaster and oven clean--REALLY clean--is a relief and makes me fe
Karly
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good tips and helpful schedules to keep you on top of house cleaning! It took a while to sell me on the "only 10 mins a day" mantra, however I can see how with some practice and perseverance this could be attainable. I'll give it a whirl!
Kat
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
I had hoped for some amazing motivation here, but really, there was none. The idea of "just pick up after yourself" is great, but the concepts did not seem logical. Her 10 minutes would take me much longer.
Ann Downey
May 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Not much new here. You need lots of 10-15 minute periods per day to follow her plan.
Cristey Gibson
Apr 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
Ten minutes a day is laughable. It's evident she spends far more time than 10 a day as anyone who lives in a space bigger than a dollhouse. Besides nothing new here-move along.
Online Eccentric Librarian
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

Simply Clean is a way to approach cleaning to make it easier and less frustrating. Author Rapinchuk zeroes in on the big problem with housecleaning: it's easy to let it snowball until tasks become a day long episode of unfriendly burden. By breaking tasks down into 5-15 minutes a day, she creates a plan for keeping the house consistently clean but without becoming overwhelmed by the scope of it all. This also ensures
Hannah
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it
It took me a year to finish, if that means anything. I read what I needed at the beginning and then slowed my pace over the rest of the year.

While this book has many helpful tips and checklists, and while reading it has changed the way I think about cleaning (I actually dust now!), the promise of ten minutes a day is simply not true. Each individual task is perhaps supposed to take ten minutes; but unless your house is tiny vacuuming all of it in ten minutes is impossible! On top of that, the a
Kelsey
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-nonfiction
This book was a really helpful and insightful cleaning book. When I first checked it out, I assumed it was going to be one of those "dream world scenario" books. You know the type, I'm sure. Those books have authors who somehow manage to clean their whole house every week AND they make their own organic, cleaning agents.

However, this book was a breath of fresh air. Many times throughout the book the author reiterates that no system is perfect, no house is perfect, and that setting a timer each
Kelly R
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This method makes sense to me. I like how it’s divided so you don’t have to dedicate an entire day to cleaning the entire house. I think this system would work quite well. It was interesting that there is absolutely no mention anywhere in this book about doing dishes/cleanup after meals except for the “3-4 minutes it takes to unload a dishwasher”.
The promise of 10 minutes/day is also somewhat misleading: there is one chore assigned to each day: bathrooms Monday, vacuuming Wednesday etc PLUS one
Christy
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like a clean house as much as the next person, but I still struggle with keeping it clean. I've decided I'm not a detailed cleaner. I do the dishes but forget to wipe the counters, that sort of thing. I really like that this book gives me a checklist of details to clean that helps keep me on track. I'm trying to implement the weekly schedule now, and the house stays more consistently clean when I stick to it.
Jen
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love how this book breaks cleaning down to small tasks. It's basically a book that organizes a cleaning routine for you. I'm totally going to implement this plan! I love the recipes near the end to clean just about everything. So much easier than browsing online for all the different recipes for this and that.
Laura Novobilsky
Jul 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Had some good ideas. Read it after seeing it recommended by a friend. Broke cleaning routines down into simple steps and made it seem manageable. (Now let's see if it actually works or if I really do any of it). Wish there was an easy way to print out the checklists from the kindle book.
Donna
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, arcs, read-in-2017
I can actually see myself applying some of this.
Jodi “Rose”
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it
If you like reading other folks' to-do lists, this is the book for you.
Ginnie
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: house-and-home
Started doing the challenge with a group on facebook. Not dping it everyday, but definitely feeling inspired to work on projects I know I need to and be consistent on daily tasks.
Christy
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is definitely a great resource! There are even recipes for homemade cleaners, and I am anxious to try them. The only thing keeping me from giving the book five stars is that some of her cleaning time frames seemed a little unrealistic. But then again, maybe I need to speed it up!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Complete Book of Clean: Tips & Techniques for Your Home
  • The Complete Book of Home Organization
  • The Home Edit: A Guide to Organizing and Realizing Your House Goals
  • Martha Stewart's Organizing: The Manual for Bringing Order to Your Life, Home & Routines
  • Clean My Space: The Secret to Cleaning Better, Faster--And Loving Your Home Every Day
  • Simply Living Well: A Guide to Creating a Natural, Low-Waste Home
  • Beautifully Organized: A Guide to Function and Style in Your Home
  • How to Manage Your Home Without Losing Your Mind: Dealing with Your House's Dirty Little Secrets
  • Decorating with Plants: What to Choose, Ways to Style, and How to Make Them Thrive
  • Cozy Minimalist Home: More Style, Less Stuff
  • The Conscious Closet: The Revolutionary Guide to Looking Good While Doing Good
  • The Vaccine-Friendly Plan: Dr. Paul's Safe and Effective Approach to Immunity and Health-from Pregnancy Through Your Child's Teen Years
  • Real Life Organizing: Clean and Clutter-Free in 15 Minutes a Day
  • Sidetracked Home Executives: From Pigpen to Paradise
  • Decluttering at the Speed of Life: Winning Your Never-Ending Battle with Stuff
  • Throw Out Fifty Things: Clear the Clutter, Find Your Life
  • Project 333: The Minimalist Fashion Challenge That Proves Less Really Is So Much More
  • Cozy White Cottage: 100 Ways to Love the Feeling of Being Home
Becky Rapinchuk is a cleaning expert, a wife and mom to three, a successful entrepreneur, and a former art teacher. She’s the blogger behind Clean Mama, the leading online homekeeping community, and advises the world’s leading lifestyle brands—Martha Stewart, Real Simple, Better Homes & Gardens, SC Johnson, Bissell, and Scotch-Brite—on how to clean up life’s little and big messes. She’s also the g ...more

News & Interviews

Rumaan Alam began writing Leave the World Behind with a series of tweets on a secret Twitter account he started two years ago.   The book that...