Start by marking “Selfies in the Wild (The Adventures of Lovable Lobo, #6)” as Want to Read:
Selfies in the Wild (The Adventures of Lovable Lobo, #6)

Selfies in the Wild (The Adventures of Lovable Lobo, #6)

Lobo and his sidekick raven find a trail camera in their neck of the woods, and it attracts the attention of forest friends. Images captured have never been sillier or more candid. Just as their wild dispositions are exposed, the photo shoot comes to an unexpected end and they're all left wondering why. The reason may be obvious.
Published August 1st 2016 by Peanut Butter Prose

To ask other readers questions about Selfies in the Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Selfies in the Wild

Start your review of Selfies in the Wild (The Adventures of Lovable Lobo, #6)
Lynda Dickson
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Ages 3+
Shelves: children
Lovable Lobo and his friends find a trail camera, have a bit of fun with it, and teach us a few things along the way.

You and your little one will find out about colors (red and green), left and right, learn some new vocabulary (e.g., different meanings for the word "capture"), discover the camera and battery icons, and even be able to start up conversations on temperature, time, and date. Real-life nature photographs serve as a backdrop to computer-animated images, providing you with an opportu
M.M. Hudson
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is an absolutely adorable picture book. The photos in the book are large and colorful with very few words which is perfect for the age group targeted. Each page shows the animals doing very silly things. I could see my grandson laughing his head off as we look through the pages.

I think it was really cool that in the back of the book, the author included real photos of animals she capture on her own camera. She tells this is what gave her inspiration to write the book. I like that!

The a
Jill Cofsky
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Selfies in the Wild is an adorable story which had me laughing out loud as I read the silly conversations between a fun group of forest friends who are intrigued (and confused) by a trail camera they've discovered. The bright and colorful illustrations of the close-up shots of the characters looking into the trail cam also made me smile ear-to-ear.

As a first grade teacher, I loved the way that C.L. Murphy was able to create believable voices for her fictional characters in an incredibly entertai
Melinda Kinsman
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Selfies in the Wild" had me giggling to myself like a preschooler, and it is definitely a picture book that will put a smile on any child or adult reader's face! I've always been a fan of Lovable Lobo, but meeting so many of his wildlife friends as they all decide what to do with a trail camera was a real hoot. Their conversations in the dark are simple enough for younger beginner readers to follow, yet still manage to be hilarious. Once the camera is on, their poses will amuse all ages (especi ...more
Kid Lit Reviews
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, 2016-reviews
Selfies in the Wild is based on the author’s own wilderness camera, which has captured many wild animals. Of course, those animals had no idea a camera caught their image. Having seem a few of those images, I found them humorous in ways Lobo and his friends are not. Lobo and company know what is happening and pose for the camera. The real animals were simply being themselves.

Selfies in the Wild, as a children’s book, will produce many giggles from its youngest readers. At its core, this is what
Stacie
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Selfies in the Wild is an absolutely delightful children's picture book. Filled with humor and fun this book is certain to become a fast favorite among young readers and parents will enjoy it too!

When some wild animals discover a camera in their forest home hilarious antics ensue. The animals take wildly entertaining selfies from all angles and highlight what taking selfies is all about...making memories and having a great time with friends.

The simple text makes the story perfect for preschool a
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Selfies in the Wild. This book shows what happens when Lovable Lobo and his friends find a camera in the woods. As soon as I started reading the book I was thinking that it reminded me of the fun pictures I’ve seen from wildlife photographers. At the end of the book C.L. Murphy explains that she was inspired by some animals captured on her own trail camera that seemed to be posing for the camera. It’s so much fun to imagine what these animals are thinking and that’s exactly wha ...more
Dawn
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ecopy of this book for an honest review. I’d read Lobo Goes to the Galapagos and Lobo’s Howliday so I was looking forward to seeing what adventure Lobo has now. What an adorable book! This one is my favorite so far. It’s simple and cute and although it is targeted for young readers, parents will enjoy reading it as well.

Lobo and his friends find a trail camera in the wild and take a bunch of selfies. An example of one of the selfies is below. Some of them are pretty funny! Fina
Christy
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This review first appeared on my blog, Christy's Cozy Corners.

Selfies in the Wild is an adorable book that your kids are sure to love! All animal lovers will find themselves laughing and smiling while watching Lobo and his friends try to figure out how to use the trail camera that they find. And once they get “that thing” on, the pictures that they take will certainly entertain your little ones! The selfies are just so cute as is the text that accompanies them. I also really enjoyed the “real”
Ricki
Aug 19, 2016 added it
Shelves: children-s-books
This book was so much fun to read! I loved the hysterical faces of each of the animals in the wild, and I think it would be a fantastic book to read to toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners, in particular. Each of the animals is trying to make a great impression on the camera, and their facial expressions made me giggle. I particularly enjoyed the end of the book—the author shares her own camera’s version of selfies in the wild—where she captured real animals.
Full Review: http://www.unleash
Kay LaLone
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The critters are curious about this camera they find. They discover how fun it is to take pictures of themselves until the batteries die. Fun characters. Great illustrations. I loved reading this book.
Rosie
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Selfies in the Wild" written and illustrated by D.L. Murphy is an adorable story with bright and colorful illustrations. A fun tale about Loveable Lobo and friends and the dilemma they got themselves into.
Mark Restaino
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Clever and Unique Idea

I thought this book was very clever and unique. What would happen if animals came across a camera in the woods and then acted silly in front of it just like humans sometimes do? Kids would definitely find this funny.
Jessica Adams
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My kids and I enjoyed this book. Very cute concept inspired from real life animals on a trail cam. I love real life inspired stories, and my girls enjoyed the story very much!
Jesse Deleon
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book!

Recommend by me for that raining day to share a laugh with everyone! Than you C.L. Murphy. A new fan!
Barbara Ann
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lovable Lobo is one of my favorite animal critters. Having read his previous adventures, I eagerly grasped the opportunity to read an advanced review copy of his newest tale for this blog tour. Lobo and his forest friends find a trail camera in the woods and puzzle about how to operate it. The animal friends don’t know their colors or directions. They freak out when they see the word capture displayed. Young readers will laugh at the wild animals’ decision to “act naturally.” They have an import ...more
Diane Robinson
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Selfies in the Wild is a TOTALLY FUN BOOK! Lobo, the wolf pup, and his buddies discover a trail camera, and when they realize that the trail cam captures pictures of them (without actually “capturing” them), they come up with some hilarious star-studded poses that are wonderfully illustrated. There are some clever words too; in Lobo’s world the characters are glutton-free and have feet that are pawsitively stinky. As the characters in this book state: “Let’s make a good impression”, that is cert ...more
Cym
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Don't we all wonder what animals are always thinking? Like little children, they are curious, wild and funny. This book "captures" (because, selfies!) that spirit of being guileless. Although we don't know what really happens, this book adorably speculates conversations among the forest critters.

I read it with my nine-year-old. It was a treat for me to see and hear her laugh. She loves animals. That's why I knew she'd love this. She enjoys reading and watching videos about silly animals.

It's a s
Rhonda Patton
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So cute and fun for kids

I love this. So fun for kids and understanding a camera. Young kids will find this quite funny when reading with their parents.
nikolay dron
David Stewart
is currently reading it
Apr 05, 2019

• My Truly Most Favorite Fluffy Friend
  • The Book of Bedtime (Top of the Wardrobe Gang Picture #12)
  • Grandpa's Great RV Adventure
  • Yahooty Who?: An Illustrated Participa-Story: New, fun children's book with stunning pictures and a great story about being helpful, perfect for bedtime
  • Kitten & Butterfly (Kitten and Friends #1)
  • Bunny Blue, Where Are You? (My Truly Most Favorite Fluffy Friend Book 2)
  • The Freckle Fairy: Book and Audio CD
  • Coralie The Cotton Candy Angel: Learning about trusting strangers
  • On The Run From Santa (Top of the Wardrobe Gang Picture Books)
  • My Lil' Ladybug Friend (The Brooke Lynn Adventures #1)
  • If You Were Me And Lived In ... Egypt: A Child's Introduction to Cultures Around the World
  • Move Like Me - Around The Farm
  • Fight the Germs: Why wash hands and social distance?
  • Ann Can't Sleep: A Bedtime Story Picture Book for Restless Toddlers
  • How Deep
  • A Spark of Kindness: A Children's Book About Showing Kindness (Sparks of Emotions Book 1)
  • The Day I Lost My Bear In Cypress Hills (Adventures of the Barnyard Boys Book 1)
  • Harriet the Brave