Start by marking “The Tiger's Fate (Chronicles of An Imperial Legionary Officer, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Tiger's Fate (Chronicles of An Imperial Legionary Officer, #3)

The Tiger's Fate

(Chronicles of an Imperial Legionary Officer #3)

2017 Gold Medal Winner for Best Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror E-Book Independent Publisher Book Awards

The third installment of the award-winning Chronicles of an Imperial Legionary Officer series is here!

A nobleman from an infamous family, imperial legionary officer, fighter and a right proper bastard of a man…Captain Ben Stiger has successfully thwarted the attack fr
Kindle Edition, First, 398 pages
Published June 24th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Tiger's Fate, please sign up.
Justin 7 levels probably alludes to their hell. Dante's Inferno had 9 circles of hell. And yes, i'm looking for their next book too!…more7 levels probably alludes to their hell. Dante's Inferno had 9 circles of hell. And yes, i'm looking for their next book too!(less)

Start your review of The Tiger's Fate (Chronicles of An Imperial Legionary Officer, #3)
HBalikov
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
“Well,” Harananos said, “there is a complication. The young Stiger found the eagle of the Thirteenth.”
“The Thirteenth?” Treim said. “The Vanished? He found the lost eagle?”
“Yes, he did,” the emperor said, “and that is the problem.”
“I do not see how.” Treim was confused. “It is just an eagle. All he has to do is hang onto it until we can fight our way south. If this castle is so well fortified, there should be little problem with him holding out.”
“It is a bit more complicated than that,” Hara
I.F. Adams
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
The good: You know how you feel when you buy a can of Pringles*? You know its not haute cuisine, but by god you're gonna enjoy it. That was how I felt about this. It was predictable, but still a good ride. Sort of wrapping up the first story arc with a satisfying epic battle and some majorly creepy bad guys (the reveal of the Minion critter was actually pretty good). All told, I think I dig this military fantasy thing.

The bad: Much like infomercials, theres a lot of "But wait! Theres more!" You
The Shayne-Train
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mannnnn, there is some WAR going on. Rome VS Orcs!

(Uh oh, I've been very much enjoying the fact that these volumes are a bit on the slim side, and now I see the next in the series is like twice the size of the others. Time for a bit of a break)
Sven
Jul 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
It's the weakest of the series but still a good read.

The roman military fiction set in a fantasy world thing is as fun as ever. Problem is that in order to reach that part you'll have to trudge through a very lengthy exposition dump which eats up approximately the first fourth of the book. It's for the sake of world building and setting up things to come but as a result this book is a very slow starter.

After it's done it's share of educational tourism it gets back to it's strengths, warfare, and
Marc Edelheit
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
My favorite book to date! :P
GaiusPrimus
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, military
While I think books 1 and 2 are better overall, I don't think this is a bad book and the rating reflects that.

Books 1 and 2, with their world building and introduction are engaging and wondrous. Book 3 seems to have been setup as the stepping stone for the next mini-arc within the larger story of the Ben Stiger becoming "who he is meant to be"

We still have some great reveals and there's a pretty great, albeit slightly Deus Ex'y, scene with a large mythical creature.

Onward to book 4.
Randy Harmelink
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
The pacing on this book was a bit slower than the author's other books, because of the need for more background verbiage because of a "big reveal". One that caught me off guard, but in hindsight made total sense. I was wondering how so many mythical creatures were interacting with Roman legions. Now I know why.

One more book and I'm out of books by this author. :(
Daniel Jobling
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

Well hes done it again a lot of stuff is revealed in this book that I'd love to talk about but spoiler alert so I wont this book felt so much more intense than the previous two and the ending would have had me swearing at it in a good way if my toddlers were not in the room on to book four then
Peter Pearce
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great

Another great addition to the series marcs work keep getting better and thus series is in my top 10 all time reads.
Douglas Debner
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I read all 5 books in the "Chronicles of an Imperial Legionary Officer" series at once which means:

1. Read the "Tales of the Seventh" and possibly "The Karus Saga" first. "Tales of the Seventh" I would say absolutely read first because those are prequels involving the same MC, Ben Stiger, and almost certainly worth the read. Unfortunately for me, I was unable to get interested in "Tales of the Seventh" since I already knew where the story was going. "The Karus Saga" is a prequel that takes pl
Price
Mar 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I completed twelve available books authored by Mac Alan Edelheit on March 6, 2021 in less than a month. They are Chronicles of a Legionary Officer (5 books), Tales of the Seventh (3 books), The Karus Saga (3 books), and Way of the Legend (1 book). To paraphrase Bill and Ted’s Adventures it has been a “most excellent” reading experience.
I don’t recall what prompted me to first read Edelheit’s Tales of the Seventh: Stiger. It turned out to be a great place to start. In the books that followed, Sti
Julie Moran
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: finished
Hell of an ending! Geesh! Now I have to get book 4 and pronto. Then wait far too long for book 5. Geesh...

Oh, let me back up a bit: Excellent series! Love the action and world-building. If I had to describe the series, it’s fantasy (magic, dwarfs, elves and grimdark) meets Spartacus (swords and sandals) action. Pretty nifty combination and there is never ever a dull moment.

If I were to list any complaints, I’d have two. 1- The relationship/friendship between the main character, Stiger and Eli (
Becky Rolfes
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It takes a legion to make a legend.

Brave, tough, selfless, disciplined, intelligent, driven by honor, duty, friendship, and a higher purpose. That is the description of these legion soldiers. With each book, their battles become even more amazingly, complex and hard fought. Through it all, Steiger the Tiger, is the perfect, imperfect man and leader. This was by far my favorite book of the series as the author brings all the factions together to focus on the battle to save their world. All the p
LJ Waguespack
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exceptional, epic trilogy, enjoyed each book in this series, cannot wait to continue. Immediately, through this gifted, talented author, I was able to feel a kinship with the characters, the magic system is minimal, all that is needed..., the world building is incredible, what a ride! Camaraderie is heartfelt, the battle scenes, incredibly detailed and lifelike, while the strategies, tactics, battle training and maneuvers felt straight out of a textbook from a war college. However, this author w ...more
Charles
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marc Alan Edelheit's series takes some new twists and turns, revealing more about the larger picture of how Ben Stiger's Roman Legion mixes in with dwarfs, elves, orcs, and wizards. Some of the reveals are shocking, and new fantasy elements are woven into the tale. Stiger shows his leadership and tactical skill, but we find the Gods have powers and plans that throw Stiger's Tigers into quite a predicament. At the end, we are left with a very big reveal and a cliffhanger, begging the reader to ge ...more
Sean Bai
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
The author has delivered yet another good book! He writes so well you'd think he could be a Roman general!

The descriptions of combat and tactics are short and crisp, yet detailed when they need to be. The situations of war he describes is vivid. He really brings the history to this series, and people or nonhumans often die in combat to injures like a sword wound to the neck.

The beginning was a little boring and it took a while for there to be some action, but other than that, once the fighting p
Drew
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent once again

Another brilliant read in this series, so glad I had it recommended to me by KU.

The characters are excellent and the story just gets better and better. There is always something happening and the author uses his time wisely never dragging out something but cutting to the chase and moving when needed.

The premise of this gets better and better with the plot twists at the end marvellous and also the wee signposts earlier setting up the last couple of chapters.

This missing of Fan
James H Bjorum
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
My Second Reading

I have now read The Tiger's Fate twice, and there is no doubt it will not be the last time. Marc Alan Edelheit is a master story teller. Each and every book in his several series is a delight that just about cannot be put down. Personally I greatly enjoy reading them again before a new one in a series arrives.

If you enjoy fantasy mashed with elements related to history, you will love this series starting with Stiger's Tigers. Do not fail to give these novels a try, you will be f
Patrick
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The major character suffers through a series of battles he could not have anticipated. Allies not sharing needed information is common and in this instance can be fatal. The novel is full of the characters trying to not break under incredible pressures. It stays tense from the first to the last page.

It's easily one of the best stories that I've read about the interactions between the various mythical races, as well with humans. If you've read the previous books, I don't need to tell you that the
Jonathan
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great third book

The fantasy elements are expanded and their explanation have arrived. Transdimensional doors and a war between the gods caused being from other worlds, including the humans of the Roman legions. Characters and their relationships continue to be deeper defined, making it easier to feel something when injury or total sacrifice arrives. Coupled with that, the pacing is becoming a lot more balanced as the conflict expands.
C.M. Rutherford
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The third book of the series doesn't disappoint. When Ben Stiger is pulled from his own time chasing a minion of an evil God, he is forced to relive events of his ancestor. Just when you think this series couldn't get any better The Tigers Fate comes along. Epic battle sequences along with a great story and characters make this book a joy to read. It is one of those books you hate to see come to an end. I highly recommend this book for fans of the Fantasy genre. ...more
Mark Zodda
Sep 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Another enjoyable entry in this series. Edelheit keeps things moving at a good pace while continuing his world-building and developing the characters. So far he's usually kept his characters from doing stupid things to move the plot along though he's skirted it a bit. While I often think that I know what's about to happen, I'm often wrong, which keeps the story fresh and interesting. Looking forward to the next story. ...more
Roy Bost
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Tigers Fate

When I first started this journey with Marc Alan Edelheit, I thought that it was humorous that this Author had the same first and middle name as my younger deceased brother, who also had had a passion for history and historical type stories. As I get further into this series, it makes me think of him and his imagination.
Wonderful, Captivating, interesting fast paced story, that I highly recommend.
Read this series, You to may find your newest addiction.
Justin
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scif-fi
V Shore
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really excellent series

Book 3 of the series finds dwarves, elves, and gnomes working together to fight evil. Like Tolkien's Lord of the rings series, a fated battle approaches. Add in time travel and a surprise ending for a well executed cliffhanger. There's got to be another book to this series!!
John Morris
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable, with a cliff hanger of twist.

Battles between a motley collection of humans, elves, dwarves and orcs - what more could you want? This book was a very enjoyable read, with an unexpected twist at the end. Will Stiger escape? Yes, of course he will but that story is for Book 4 and I cannot wait.
Kevin
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series ..wow

Clearly a well conceived multi book arc. I'm sold. Although I'd rather buy one larger book than three titles that are really novellas in length, either that or I'm reading faster! Good character development without boring you to tears, and solid nod to Roman warfare.
Kathleen Troxell
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my second read of this and the other novels as a precursor to reading the new novel (Fort Covenant). As always, I am caught up in the world of Stiger and his legionnaires. At 71 years old, I hope I can last long enough to see the series to an end. If not, the tale gives me something to think about as I cross over to the other side.
Harry
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great read!

I really enjoyed this book. In fact I have read all three of the Stiger books in the last two days. In my opinion that is the sign of a good story - when you just immerse yourself in it and can’t stop reading. I am really looking forward to Book 4 and will get the prequels to tide me over.
Brandon
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The tension and drama continue to build in this series. We end up more or less completely ditching the adversary from the second book in favor of one of a more fantastical nature.

Like the others before it, it ends on a cliff hanger leaving me engaged and wondering what the heck happens next.

On to book 4.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Tiger’s Wrath (Chronicles of An Imperial Legionary Officer #5)
  • Forgotten Soldiers (The Tyrus Chronicle, #1)
  • Forgotten Ruin (Forgotten Ruin #1)
  • Wayward Soldiers (The Tyrus Chronicle, #2)
  • Clay Legionary (Clay Warrior Stories #1)
  • Shields in Shadow (The Silent Champions #1)
  • Sentenced to War (Sentenced to War #1)
  • The Ranger's Path (The King's Ranger #2)
  • Lord of the High Reaches
  • The Executioner's Blade (The Executioner's Song Book 3)
  • Brutal Diplomacy (Clay Warrior Stories #5)
  • Fortune Reigns (Clay Warrior Stories #6)
  • The King's Ranger (The King's Ranger #1)
  • The Unforgiven (Skharr DeathEater #1)
  • Roman (The Thrice Named Man, #6)
  • Scythian (The Thrice Named Man, #1)
  • Rolling South (Arturo Sandus Book 4)
  • The Knights of Erador (The Echoes Saga, #7)
Best selling author Marc Edelheit has a Bachelor’s in Science and Masters in Education and Administration. He has traveled the world, from Asia to Europe, at one point crossing the border at Check Point Charlie in Berlin toward the end of the Cold War.

Marc is the ultimate history fan and incorporates much of that passion into his work to bring greater realism to his fans. He is also an avid reade

Chronicles of an Imperial Legionary Officer (6 books)
  • Stiger's Tigers (Chronicles of an Imperial Legionary Officer, #1)
  • The Tiger (Chronicles of an Imperial Legionary Officer, #2)
  • The Tiger's Time (Chronicles of an Imperial Legionary Officer #4)
  • The Tiger’s Wrath (Chronicles of An Imperial Legionary Officer #5)
  • The Tiger’s Imperium (Chronicles of An Imperial Legionary Officer #6)