Start by marking “The Tiger's Fate (Chronicles of An Imperial Legionary Officer, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Tiger's Fate (Chronicles of An Imperial Legionary Officer, #3)

The Tiger's Fate

(Chronicles of An Imperial Legionary Officer #3)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  1,411 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews
2017 Gold Medal Winner for Best Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror E-Book Independent Publisher Book Awards

The third installment of the award-winning Chronicles of an Imperial Legionary Officer series is here!

A nobleman from an infamous family, imperial legionary officer, fighter and a right proper bastard of a man…Captain Ben Stiger has successfully thwarted the attac
Kindle Edition, First, 398 pages
Published June 24th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Tiger's Fate, please sign up.
Justin 7 levels probably alludes to their hell. Dante's Inferno had 9 circles of hell. And yes, i'm looking for their next book too!

I.F. Adams
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
The good: You know how you feel when you buy a can of Pringles*? You know its not haute cuisine, but by god you're gonna enjoy it. That was how I felt about this. It was predictable, but still a good ride. Sort of wrapping up the first story arc with a satisfying epic battle and some majorly creepy bad guys (the reveal of the Minion critter was actually pretty good). All told, I think I dig this military fantasy thing.

The bad: Much like infomercials, theres a lot of "But wait! Theres more!" You
Sven
Jul 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
It's the weakest of the series but still a good read.

The roman military fiction set in a fantasy world thing is as fun as ever. Problem is that in order to reach that part you'll have to trudge through a very lengthy exposition dump which eats up approximately the first fourth of the book. It's for the sake of world building and setting up things to come but as a result this book is a very slow starter.

After it's done it's share of educational tourism it gets back to it's strengths, warfare, and
Marc Edelheit
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
My favorite book to date! :P
Peter Pearce
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great

Another great addition to the series marcs work keep getting better and thus series is in my top 10 all time reads.
Becky Rolfes
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It takes a legion to make a legend.

Brave, tough, selfless, disciplined, intelligent, driven by honor, duty, friendship, and a higher purpose. That is the description of these legion soldiers. With each book, their battles become even more amazingly, complex and hard fought. Through it all, Steiger the Tiger, is the perfect, imperfect man and leader. This was by far my favorite book of the series as the author brings all the factions together to focus on the battle to save their world. All the p
Patrick Barnes
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The major character suffers through a series of battles he could not have anticipated. Allies not sharing needed information is common and in this instance can be fatal. The novel is full of the characters trying to not break under incredible pressures. It stays tense from the first to the last page.

It's easily one of the best stories that I've read about the interactions between the various mythical races, as well with humans. If you've read the previous books, I don't need to tell you that the
Kathleen Troxell
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my second read of this and the other novels as a precursor to reading the new novel (Fort Covenant). As always, I am caught up in the world of Stiger and his legionnaires. At 71 years old, I hope I can last long enough to see the series to an end. If not, the tale gives me something to think about as I cross over to the other side.
Justin
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scif-fi
V Shore
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really excellent series

Book 3 of the series finds dwarves, elves, and gnomes working together to fight evil. Like Tolkien's Lord of the rings series, a fated battle approaches. Add in time travel and a surprise ending for a well executed cliffhanger. There's got to be another book to this series!!
John Morris
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable, with a cliff hanger of twist.

Battles between a motley collection of humans, elves, dwarves and orcs - what more could you want? This book was a very enjoyable read, with an unexpected twist at the end. Will Stiger escape? Yes, of course he will but that story is for Book 4 and I cannot wait.
Kevin
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series ..wow

Clearly a well conceived multi book arc. I'm sold. Although I'd rather buy one larger book than three titles that are really novellas in length, either that or I'm reading faster! Good character development without boring you to tears, and solid nod to Roman warfare.
Harry
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great read!

I really enjoyed this book. In fact I have read all three of the Stiger books in the last two days. In my opinion that is the sign of a good story - when you just immerse yourself in it and can’t stop reading. I am really looking forward to Book 4 and will get the prequels to tide me over.
C. Scudder Mead
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Inventive Series!!!!!

This is a wonderful story which I now find myself addicted to. Sadly I am also locked into the purgatory that is the wait for the next episode! Read this tale. You will be glad you did.
mathew tapusoa
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Action, plot, interesting characters.. And loved the twist at the end. The author has once again done a great job with advancing the story and characters... Loving every part of this epic fantasy
Mike
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Roman Legions, Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Paladins, and minions of an evil God, what more can you want? Oh yeah, did I mention time travel too?? It's a rollicking action story with many diverse elements woven into a great story!! My biggest quibble is the next installment isn't out yet.
James Westbrook
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Improvement

This was a much better read than Book 2. Looking forward to Book 4. This book kept my attention most of the time, the last few chapters were exciting. I would have liked to have had the Dwarfs more involved in the last battles, interacting with the legionaires.
Valerie
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lots of action

Wow. Lots happens & now I have to wait until the next book is written for the cliffhanger to be resolved, I hope. All of the characters continue to develop & are very interesting. I would like to know more about this world.
william h. butler
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Roman legions and orcs! What's not to like!😀

If you like action this book is a goldmine! I burned through all of the first three books in a flash. They are that good! If you want to learn how a legion fought and you love dragons and elves then this book is for you!

neil fowler
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
More of the same

I. Have thoroughly enjoyed this series so far. The characters are well defined, and the plot twists enough to keep you interested throughout. Thank you for writing this series I am enjoying it very much.
Steve L
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whoa

I didn't expect that......... I've thoroughly enjoyed all the Chronicle books........ A good tale well told.......... When is Stiger going to be back?
Mark Hill
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great ending to this part of the journey. I’m now into all these books and 3 series he has running. Easy to follow and a really fun read
Alejandro Moreno
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story

A great read for anyone that likes fantasy.The future of the story keeps you guessing.Action packed from start to finish.
Richard R. Aarstad
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not the best...

Non stop action and pending doom get old. Edelheit should put some effort into character development and a little less on thrust and parry.
peter robishaw
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant exciting fabules story telling

I couldn't put the book down cannot wait for the follow up definitely a five star read like l said it's brilliant and an exciting read
Cathy Delamotte
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Say it isn't so

This where you leave me. How cruel. Three books all leading th this one moment and you dare to end this epic on this note.
The Jokester
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good Series

A good read, each book reflects improved writing by the author. A different story line than expected but an enjoyable read. Looking forward to Book 4
Tim
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. Found myself in "just one more chapter" mode. Knew something big was going to happen at the end but still a surprise. Looking forward to Book 4.
Kim A. Mann
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

This tale just gets better and better. Elves, dwarves, sorcerers, gnomes, orcs and a few other surprises await the reader.
Robert Dickerson
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Very exciting book that keeps your full attention from beginning to end. Can’t wait to start reading the next book
Peter Cornell
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Action and more action

This is the best of the series. There's enough in this one to stand alone. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two and this book was just great.
Marc Alan Edelheit has a Bachelor’s Degree in Science and obtained a Masters in Education as a Reading and Writing Specialist. He is currently an executive in the healthcare industry staying up late at night to work on his novels. Marc has traveled the world, from Asia to Europe, even at one point crossing the border at Check Point Charlie in Berlin toward the end of the Cold War. Marc is the ulti ...more

Chronicles of An Imperial Legionary Officer (4 books)
  • Stiger's Tigers (Chronicles of An Imperial Legionary Officer, #1)
  • The Tiger (Chronicles of An Imperial Legionary Officer, #2)
  • The Tiger's Time (Chronicles of An Imperial Legionary Officer Book 4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Rite of Passage
  • Flowertown
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Jilo (Witching Savannah #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Line (Witching Savannah, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Master Magician (The Paper Magician, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Compound (The Compound, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Void (Witching Savannah, #3)