Start by marking “Dead Man Lying (Lei Crime)” as Want to Read:
Dead Man Lying (Lei Crime)

Dead Man Lying

(The Lei Crime Universe)

A Lei Crime Kindle World Mystery

She knows when you’re lying …FBI Special Agent Vanessa Storm is back on Maui to catch a killer.

With lush rain forests, black sand beaches, and a laid-back lifestyle, Maui offers the perfect retirement location for once-famous country singer Steven Sangster … until he ends up dead.

As the killer, or killers, strike again and again, Detec
Published June 19th 2016 by Kindle Worlds

To ask other readers questions about Dead Man Lying, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Man Lying

Start your review of Dead Man Lying (Lei Crime)
Teri
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Taking the time to go through my TBR has allowed me to find some gems. This is one of them and because of it I will probably be seeking out more in the Lei Crime series. This is a fast paced read that is high on action and energy as the clues are flying and being revealed as fast as the body count is growing. Is it murder is it not? Well that what is starts with but by the time it's over the claws and the greed have reared their ugly heads. Great read filled with great characters and a little fu ...more
Karin
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Two of my favorites in the Lei Crime series: Vanessa and Lei are involved in a mystery in Hana, Maui on an estate of a Famous singer. Involves Murders, and no one can leave this mansion because of the
storms and heavy rains, so we have quite a few people/suspects with lots of action and mystery. Very interesting story with twists and turns. This novella keeps you interested and is hard to put down. Super story Scott Bury. Keep them coming.
kc
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Special agents are brought in when a famous singer is found dead near a sacred heiau. Then, two more bodies are found. Det. Lei and agent Vanessa are at work solving this in spite of a raging storm on Maui. Good read, tho a bit wordy at times.
Diana
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had the honor of receiving a copy of this book.
Scott Bury done a wonderful job with creating
A stand alone book that enhances the Lei crime books. I love when a book is so full of twists
And turns you do not know what to expect.
I can not wait to see what he comes up with next.
Sharon Scott
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dead Man Lying

Wow, a fast paced, page turning, who done it, thriller. Full of twists and turns and a believable plot in beautiful Hana, Maui. The storm is authentic and I loved the heiau being given back to the Hawaiians. Great addition to the Lei Crime Series.
Jackie
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great in the Lei Crime series. Vanessa is superb at her job, one of the best actually. Now she’s in Maui to investigate a crime and she can tell if someone s lying. Impossible to put down.
Roger Eschbacher
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'll admit up front that police procedurals aren't ordinarily my cup of tea. I'm a sci-fi and fantasy guy. After reading "Dead Man Lying," however, I may have to re-think that. The crimes were interesting and the plot was filled with twists aplenty. The characters, especially Detective Lei Texeira and FBI Special Agent Vanessa Storm, the two main ones, are fully developed and fun to tag along with as they try to get to the bottom of who's behind the killings at the Sangster estate. One of my fav ...more
Lynda Filler
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was drawn in from the beginning to one of the new additions of the Lei Crime Kindle World series novellas by Scott Bury. It's fast paced-something mystery lovers can relate to-and a fun read full of twists and turns and nefarious characters. FBI Special Agent Vanessa Storm and Lex Texeira team up to solve a series of murders on the estate of a country western has-been singer in Maui. Family greed, multiple self-serving likable and unlikeable characters keep us guessing until the end. I'm intri ...more
Anima
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure
Exciting crime scene at an aging musicians home with my two favorite LEOs, Texeira and Storm. Rain storms, guns, drugs and screaming women all in one story. Bury knows how to keep the story real and give up a few laughs while dropping subtle clues about the murder. Great series with Agent Storm.
Naomi
Jul 30, 2017
Scott Bury
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Judy Melander
Marla A. Wallace
Apr 10, 2019
Ellen White
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
DEAD MAN LYING by Scott Bury a Lei Crime novelette. Lei and Vanessa at the scene of Steve Sangster death, a musician ,shots fired at them. Victim had head trauma and a heart attact.was it the heart attack that caused the fall. He was a gun collector, happen at his estate, and all the people there.
More murder, greed, lies, Lei and Vanessa have their hands full, getting this solved. A great story, with twists and turns to the end. All will enjoy this book by Bury. I have given my voluntary review
Judy Kennedy
Toni
Apr 27, 2017
Nancy
Dec 16, 2017

• Stealing Honolulu (Lei Crime; Hawai'i Parkour #2)
  • Tough Choices (Lei Crime; Hawai'i Parkour #1)
  • Coffee and Kukui Nuts (Lei Crime; Coffee and Kukui Nuts #1)
  • Option to Kill (Nathan McBride, #3)
  • Hired to Kill (Nathan McBride #7)
  • Hidden Poppies (Lei Crime; Hidden #1)
  • Kula Keiki Ali'i: A Novel Partially Based on the Effect of the Chief's Children's School on Hawaii's Monarchs
  • A Merciful Promise (Mercy Kilpatrick, #6)
  • I Promise You This (Love in Provence #3)
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence, #2)
  • Midnight Haul
  • A Season of Surprises at the Villa des Violettes (Villa des Violettes #2)
  • Split Second (Split Second, #1)
Scott Bury can't stay in one category.

After a 20-year career in journalism, he turned to writing fiction. "Sam, the Strawb Part," a children's story, came out in 2011, with all the proceeds going to an autism charity. Next was a paranormal short story for grown-ups, "Dark Clouds."

The Bones of the Earth, a historical fantasy, came out in 2012. It was followed in 2013 with One Shade of Red, an eroti

The Lei Crime Universe (1 - 10 of 92 books)
  • A Snake in Paradise (Lei Crime)
  • Fireweed Trail (Lei Crime)
  • Saddle Road (Lei Crime)
  • Narco Orphans (Lei Crime)
  • Kapu (Lei Crime)
  • Hoaka Moonshine (Lei Crime)
  • Seal of a Monk (Lei Crime)
  • Torn Roots (Lei Crime)
  • Paradise Down  (C'Mon Inn #1)
  • Soga's Second Chance (Lei Crime)

News & Interviews