Start by marking “Good Boy (WAGs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Good Boy (WAGs, #1)

Good Boy

(WAGs #1)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  11,871 ratings  ·  1,617 reviews
Hosting her brother’s wedding for an MVP guest list is the challenge of Jess Canning’s life. Already the family screw-up, she can’t afford to fail. And nobody - absolutely nobody! - can learn of the colossal mistake she made with the best man during a weak moment last spring. It was wrong, and there will not be a repeat. Absolutely not. Even if he is the sexiest thing on t ...more
Published January 31st 2017 by Rennie Road Books

To ask other readers questions about Good Boy, please sign up.
Kelly (W)ives (a)nd (G)irlfriend(s) of the hockey players.

·  11,871 ratings  ·  1,617 reviews

Christy
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4.5 stars!!

photo C2061D2C-936B-4DE8-857B-EC0AA5278BEA_zpsmfkm6vxl.jpg

I’ve read several books by Sarina Bowen and several books by Elle Kennedy. Both authors write fantastic stories and I’ve loved everything I’ve read by them. Good Boy is the first book I’ve read by them both. I know, I know… I must get to Him/Us. Trust me! After reading this, I am desperate to read Jamie and Wesley’s full story!
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OH. MY. GOODNESS!!! First off, I am buzzing right now. Absolutely buzzing over how sweet this story was. **shivers in joy** Really, this left me feeling close to euphoric. It was so good. An absolute pleasure to read from start to stop. Every single thing I love in romance was inside the pages...

Lovable characters.
Funny dialogue.
Low angst.
Sex.
Warm feels.
Great writing.

The progression between the hero and heroine was organic, so authentic, and believable. I ab
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 CHEEZUS STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Authors}

It’s been a long time since anything felt so fucking good. I’m drowning in this girl and I don’t want to be saved.

photo af0d261a37cb8729ca6843066f2f9eda_zpsrsjqpvj4.jpg

I never read HIM and US because I do not read MM, but GOOD BOY is a spin-off of that series and I am happy to report that it is strictly MF. WESMIE are very much present in this story as secondary characters and I really likeAuthors}
It’s
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
It's LIVE!!! AMAZON

➦I don't know how these two authors do it! Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy just know how to write a good romance. A swoon worthy hero, a likable heroine, tons of fun banter and some angst
Pearl Angeli
4 Stars!

Oh, how I loved this book! I admit I was a bit lost in the first few parts because the book mentioned secondary characters who happened to be from Him and I didn't read Him! Shame! Anyways, this was such an enjoyable, sexy friends-with-benefits read.

I loved Blake Riley and Jessica "Jess" Canning's story. I simply can't get enough of their sizzling chemistry and their romantic development which was never hurried nor dragged. I loved how they started out as acquaintances then progressed to f*ck buddies, then friends-with-benefits, then lo
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy Fans, Hockey, Romance
5 Beyond Delicious Stars
* * * * * HOLD ON-99Cents!!! Spoiler Free
OMFG... This book...These characters...The Amazing Dialogue, Hysterical Fun and out and out sexy rush of feels and thrills...This book had it all on Steroids! Thank you Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy for the best experience; a fast read, lovable characters who jump off the page and people you really wish you knew in Real life. If you'd seen me reading this in the one sitting I did...it would have been with a huge silly grin on my face between the l
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS
Blake doesn’t do anything half-assed. He laughs the way he lives his life—loud and fierce and without inhibition. He fucks that way, too.

To say that I've been eagerly anticipating this release from two of my favorite authors may be a miiiild understatement. But as excited as I was, I was also just a teeny bit worried too. See, I remember Blake from Us, and I was scared that a full book of his...well...personality...may be a bit much for me. But Cheezus! This man totally managed to grab me by thSTARS
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
5 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

Good Boy is a fun and sexy sports romance filled with chemistry, hilarious banter, and lovable characters. We have a charming and irresistible hero who LOVES DOGS and a strong, admirable, and relatable heroine.

Event planner and maid-of-honor Jess Canning has succeeded in plclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
EventPages.
Good
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
5 Cheezus stars!!!!

ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

Before starting this book, I was a wee bit wary. Even though I knew Blake and Jess' story would be fun, I had been quite annoyed by Blake's attitude in Us, always intruding in Wesmie's moments, and was afraid that he'd turn out to be too over-the-top, boisterous, loud and in-your-face.

Guess what? Blake Riley is exactly that, but somehow he became my favorite character in the series. Shocker, I know. I can't find a single defect in his character. Also bestars!!!!
ARC
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
*Amazon*Barnes & Noble*Kobo*

One of the best things about Elle Kenendy and Sarina Bowen writing together is that they always end up making their books fun. There's just a vibe that you get from th
Rachel Reads Ravenously
NOW LIVE!: http://amzn.to/2ko9V49

4.5 stars!!!

Receiving this arc was like getting a Christmas present! It came at the perfect time during stressful holiday season.

Good Boy is a spin off of the Him series, which is two MM books before this one, BUT this can be read as a standalone and is MF. Jess Canning is planning her brother's wedding to his boyfriend and it has to be perfect. Too many times she's let her parents and family down with her restless spirit. The only thing that can get in the way of that is Blake, friend of th
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 Cheezus Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You know what I love more than a hot hockey player? A FUNNY hot hockey player. Blake will have you swooning one minute, then trying your best not to laugh out loud at his crazy antics at the next. Mix in a feisty heroine who their banter is one argument away from foreplay, and you’ve got yourself an entertaining read.

For those of you who read “Him, & Us”, then you’re familiar with Wes and Jamie’s rela
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

5 GOOFBALL STARS

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

I take a step closer and touch my lips to hers "You make Blake Riley Smiley."

Do you remember Blake Riley? Wes' and Jamie's loud and annoying neighbor who is also Wes' teammate? If you have read the HIM series you also know that Blake had a one-night-stand with Jamie's sister Jess and Blake really won't say no to repeats. In fact, he tri/>
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

I'm a HUGE fan of Elle Kennedy and Sarina Bowen, so I waited in line at RT to get this signed by the fabulous Sarina Bowen herself.

Was it worth it? YES! But was it even close to my favorite from these authors? I'd have to say no.

The humor of the MC didn't *quite* land for me, but I was smiling the whole time I read it. It's a fun book, and I'm gaga for a hockey player, but I wasn't blown away, away. Worth the money and the wait for a signed paperback, for sure, but I'll still always
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Caution: May cause accidental aspiration of tea or coffee. Do not read in a public place where loud laughter is inappropriate. Contains hot but hilarious hockey players, puppy cuddling and a snarky pair of underwear.

GOOD BOY: Even though this is the first book within the series here’s some background information from where it all began. If you’ve read HIM & US you would’ve been encountered to these characters then, you’ll know the love story between Wes and Jamie.

Good Boy surrounds Jamie
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Good Boy
Series: WAGs (Wives and Girlfriends)#1
Author: Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy
Release date: January 31, 2017
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

So. I have a confession. I may be one of the last people in the book world to not have read the Him series. When I first saw that this was a spin-off with connected characters I hesitated, because I wasn'tNo
Kennedy
3.5 Stars

Loved Mama Riley :D
Stacey is Sassy
description

It’s amazing what you will do for your family.

I am the first person to admit that families can be a pain in the butt. My Mum and Dad love me and think I’m the best thing since sliced bread but they are completely biased. I care about their opinions and thoughts though so I try my hardest to make them proud of me. Deep down, I know they will always love me but I do worry about letting them down. In Good Boy both Jess and Blake have their own family “issues”.

It took a little while for me to warm up to the heroine. Jess
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
****4.5 Stars****

“I wonder what that feels like. Loving another person so much that they become a part of you. I thought I’d been in love before, but sometimes, when I watch my brother and Wes together… I question everything I’ve ever felt in the past.”

description

“Good Boy” is the most recent collaboration from Elle Kennedy and Sarina Bowen and I have to admit, this is the first book I have read with these two authors collaborating. I love their stories so I’m kind of embarrassed by that. “Good Boy” was such a fun, seStars****
Nicola
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars.

This book picked me up and plonked me right down into my happy place. A spin off from the Him series, which I've just read back-to-back, Good Boy was the icing on the Bowen/Kennedy cake I've been stuffing my face with over the past few days.

description

Damn right, because who can resist a man who's daft, funny, cheeky, charming, and a great big softie. What you see
Eliza
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cheezus that was good! First things first, I eat my words. I was one of the few who were not instantly enamoured with Blake in his appearance in US, and because of this I had some reservations going into Good Boy. Let’s just say, by the end of the first chapter I was eating out of his hand, and would have happily rolled over and have him rub my tummy.

Blake is a professional Hockey player who plays alongside Jess’ future brother-in-law. They have a history Jess would rather forget, but unfortunately for her
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
➳Elle Kennedy, I'm ready for you...

➳Order Links:
AmazonB&NiBooks
Beverly
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Elle and Sarina and all did was have me dying to read more. This book was laugh out loud funny and I absolutely fell in love with Jess and Blake.

Maid of Honor and Best Man you know this is a recipe for sexy times, at least that’s Blake’s plan. Jess wants none of this, despite their previous one night stand being the best sex of her life she isn’t looking for a repeat with the obnoxious hockey player. Jess isn’t looking for love or any distractions, she is j
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Cheezus' Stars!

Blake, Blake, Blake.. Your hilarious sexy self has stolen my heart! Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy are just an outstanding duo of authors and they definitely did not fail with this book! I feel in love with them while reading Him and Us and now with this spin-off I've fallen all over again. Good Boy is so funny, engaging and sexy!

So, as I mentioned, this series can be considered a spin-off of the Him series because the story is about
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
DNF @11%

Unfortunately, the humour in this book went right past me, I felt like it was a bit juvenile and I just didn't get it. I liked the idea of the storyline, and I know a lot of people will love the banter between the hero and heroine. Sadly, this wasn't for me.

I felt like if I pushed myself to read further, I wouldn't have just rated it low anyway, so I made the decision to move on.
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy have proven once again that they are a formidable writing team. Put them together and you get magical storytelling that warms your heart and assails you with humor.

Good Boy is the first book in the M/F WAGs series, which is a spinoff of the M/M Him series. WAGs is an acronym for wives and girlfriends of professional athletes, in case you didn’t know.

Blake was introduced in Us. He is Wes’s pro hockey teammate as well as Wes and Jamie’s annoying neighbor. His stupid nicknames, aggressive friendlhumor.
Good
JewelsyGoolsy
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 -totally enjoyed that- Stars

This was super entertaining and super low-angst. I can see how other readers could find the "frat-boy" lingo of the H a little OTT at times, but I grew up loving a ton of "bro'ski", meathead type movies, so this one didn't bother me at all.

There was practically no conflict to resolve at the end and the actual ending wasn't as fulfilling as I had hoped, but I still had a super enjoyable time nonetheless :)

Told in first person, dual POV with a mildly satisfyi
Jacqueline's Reads
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, sports
4 Dog Loving Stars

WAG = Wives And Girlfriends … I didn’t know that, but now I do.

Good Boy is a standalone and is a spinoff from the Him series. Good Boy is a M/F read, the Him series is a M/M read. I haven’t read the Him series, but after finishing Good Boy, I REALLY need to because it seems like a very cute series.

Elle and Sarina are one of my two top favorite authors and so I am delighted they wrote a book together. I was really excited for this book.

Jess is a wedding planner
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, favorites
4.5 Fabulous CHEEZUS Stars!

photo 025AD828-85CE-4925-A49D-4AA8E13DA0B1_zpsxahjfkty.jpg

Jessica Canning is s 26 yr. old woman from California who can't seem to pick a career. Her current career path is being a party planner. Her baby brother Jamie is marrying the love of his life Wes, & Jess has agreed to plan the perfect wedding. She's always been the hot mess of the family. She has five over achieving si
FMABookReviews
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it

***4.5 Stars***

This was the first book I've read from the writing duo of Bowen and Kennedy. I'd say I started with a good one. I didn't read Him or Us, but I do have them, and after reading this, I am going to remedy that soon.

While her decisions may not always make her family happy, Jessie's strength and perseverance are admirable, because even when she struggles to find her purpose, she goes all in. Now she's once again changing her choice of careers, this time landing her back in college and in Canada with her bro

• Power Play (Scoring Chances, #3)
  • Infamous (Famous, #2)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Down by Contact (The Barons, #2)
  • Reading the Signs
  • So Over You (Chicago Rebels, #2)
  • Live (Burnside, #1)
  • On Broken Wings (Wild Aces, #3)
  • A Fighting Chance
  • Skater Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #3)
  • Winging It
  • A Deeper Blue (Rules of Possession, #2)
  • Game Changer (Bomb Squad #3)
  • The Spiral Down (The Fall Up, #2)
  • The Game Plan (Game On, #3)
  • Face-Off
  • Bad Reputation (Bad Boys of Sports, #1)
  • Roman (Cold Fury Hockey, #7)
sarina bowen
Sarina Bowen is the USA Today bestselling author of 30+ books, including: the True North series, and the Brooklyn Bruisers. She's the co-author of Him/Us and the WAGs series with Elle Kennedy. She's the author of The Ivy Years series, and more!
Are you looking for a friends-to-lovers story or maybe even a secret baby book? You can read a list of Sarina's books broken out by trope and style.
Need to know what's coming next ? Get all the latest news on Sarina's website, and sthethethe

WAGs (2 books)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
“I, Ryan,” his husky voice repeats, “take you, James, to be my friend and husband.” “To be yours in times of plenty and in times of want.” “To be yours in times of plenty…” He clears his throat, and his cheeks pink up. “And in times of want.” “In times of sickness and in times of perfect health…” Wes repeats each line slowly, though his voice becomes a little rougher each time. “I promise to cherish and respect you…” His eyes are wet now, and I clutch my flowers a little more tightly. Come on, sweetie, I silently encourage him. You’re almost there. I feel Jamie lean forward a degree or two, squeezing Wes’s hand. “To care for and protect you,” he gets out. Then one fat tear launches itself from his eye and down his rugged cheek. My heart breaks into little tiny splinters. Maybe I didn’t enjoy planning this wedding, but I’m sure as hell happy to be part of it now. “And stay by your side, forever,” Wes finishes eventually.” 10 likes
“She’s staring at me like she wants to rip off my clothes. Or just rip something. I’m not quite sure which.” 9 likes