Start by marking “No Second Chances” as Want to Read:
No Second Chances

No Second Chances

Gabi...
When I was seventeen years old, I was told to stay away from Cole Devonport. Kids like him only ever meant trouble. I should have listened, but I didn’t, and surprise, surprise, I was the one who got hurt. But escaping Cole didn’t mean the end of my pain. Life has a way of screwing me over, and after joining the Army as a way of forgetting him, I suffered a loss I’
Published July 26th 2016 by Warwick House Press

To ask other readers questions about No Second Chances, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Second Chances

Start your review of No Second Chances
Julia
Holy Shit this book was so stupid. Like I kept reading it and thinking to myself "man I should rip this book apart in my review but is it even worth writing a review for it?"

So you'll get my random ramblings instead.
-Only reason why this book gets 2 stars is because the hero was celibate for ten tears.
-No details on the heroines sexual experience.
-Ooo great a veteran heroine for once!! Anndddddd she's dumb as rocks
-How did this woman survive in Iraq, she's brainless
-Of course she didn't join
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
Meh. I need to stop reading second chance romance because they're always so goddamn awful. Hero fucks up royally and the heroine always forgives and forget....... way. too. easily. Hell no.

I always finish this type of book feeling incomplete and unsatisfied.

This book wasn't all that bad though. The author's writing style in this book way better than her previous book that I've read.

I loved the heroine, (even if she was dumb as hell) and it's my first time reading a book where the heroine i
Jules
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have read a few books by this author, but No Second Chances is definitely my favourite so far.

I liked the main characters, especially Gabi, who felt very real. Cole won me over when he took Gabi on the perfect first date. Marissa Farrar is great at creating interesting characters and believable relationships.

No Second Chances is a romance with rough edges. Things certainly aren’t smooth sailing, and there are plenty of physical and emotional challenges thrown into the storyline too. This book
 Linathebookaddict
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

Emotional and unique!! Loved it.
Full review to come!!

4.5 Stars!
Alison
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love sitting and reading a book in two sittings - which is exactly what I did with No Second Chances.

Ten years ago Gabi Weston left her life without looking back - she felt abandoned by her boyfriend, her father, her friends. Ten years later she is back after a life altering incident. The last thing she needs is Cole Devonport.

Cole Devonport spent his life in Foster homes - aged 17 he finds the love he thought would never be, Gabi Weston. Life was great then it wasn't.

The story is told through
Jackie Roche
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank Helen at TBC and the author for giving me the opportunity to read this in exchange for an honest and open review.
This was a welcome change from my usual diet of blood and guts!
I have read other books by Marissa Farrar but this one is my favourite.
Gabi and Cole, the two main characters, are portrayed as very human. We are shown all of their traits, both good and bad.
I loved the way it was written, hearing about the past and present from Gabi and Cole.
This isn't just a romanc
Julie Smith
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It made me smile, it made me cry and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy . I will definitely read this again

Jo Roderick
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I’ve been reading quite a few novels by Marissa Farrar lately, and they all kept me turning the page to find out more. No Second Chances is an intriguing view into the life of someone with a disability. It sheds new light on what it is like, and demonstrates that love can happen to anyone, no matter what the circumstances.

It’s also an inspiring story of just how your life can turn around, and sometimes ... you do get a second chance. The trick is in recognising that we have been given a precious
Tracy
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cole and Gabi left their home town 11 years ago and have now returned. This is their story told from what happened 11 years ago and now. There are different chapters from both of their perspectives.

I really enjoyed this book. The story is unique and not something I have read a lot of recently. I thought the way the author wrote about the disability was very good and I found it quite refreshing to read about a woman who had been injured in the army. I found the twists and turns in the book very g
Amber
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow, let me first start off saying Gabi is one bad ass chick!! I loved Coles character too and the chemistry the two shared. My heart went out for these two it just seemed like they could never catch a break something was always holding them back from embracing the love they shared for one another. I love military romance and I loved the twist Marissa Farrar out on this one. I liked the fact that the female lead was the service member. My heart broke for Gabi but not for long she doesn't want ou ...more
D. Messing
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
***** I received this ARC for free from TBC on FB in return for an honest review *****

I very much enjoyed this book, this is one of my favorite authors and as usual she didn't disappoint! This is the first time I have read one of her stories that isn't paranormal and it was a refreshing change of pace for me. You can really tell how much research was put into the story to feel as if you are there, right next to each character. The evolution of the story flowed well, transitions were seamless, an
She's a Lip Biter
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is told in past and present time and by Cole and Gabi. It's a story of teens who were lost and trying to find themselves as well as love. They lost touch, moved on with their lives and end up back in the same city. But a decade has changed these two very much. They both have their own demons and pasts they are working through. They aren't sure if they can rekindle what they once had. The author did a great job at keeping the story interesting and not confusing with the past and present ...more
Angelica Haney
Jul 23, 2022 rated it liked it
I was hoping for more from this book. There was a great foundation for this story but it never quite met it’s full potential.
Sherri Wyman
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What girl doesn't fall for the bad boy who just wants to be loved? This is a well written story that sucks you in and holds you in it's grasp from the first word to the last. The characters are complex and likeable or hateable depending on what they're meant to be. You'll be hoping and hurting right son along with the main characters. If you don't believe in second chances now, you just might by the end of this journey. I would highly recommend this to everyone looking for a good read. ...more
Sue Wallace
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
No second chances by marissa farrar is a romance read.
When I was 17 years old, I was told to stay away from Cole Devonport, kids like him only ever meant trouble.
Absolutely fantastic read.
I loved the story and the characters.
Devoured in less than 24 hours.
Simply unputdownable.
I loved Cole and gabi.
Didn't like Ryan at all.
I loved the ending too.
Highly recommended.
5* from me.
Thanks to tbc on fb for the arc.
#tbconfb.
Gemma Whittington
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A real page turner, couldn't put it down from start to finish!
Loved the characters, even Ryan...
5* read definitely :)
Katie Roberts
Jul 29, 2022 rated it liked it
I think I'm giving this 3 stars based on the disability representation alone. It is a very predictable story, and nothing came as a surprise.

However, it was really lovely to have the FMC have a disability that wasn't just a prop but was actually talked about and had an impact on the story. It was an ok read, but honestly, so much more could have been done with Gabi that I sort of feel it was a missed opportunity!
Sido
Aug 04, 2022 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

This was such a cute, easy read!

Reading about Gabi’s trauma was so interesting and I loved watching her reconnect with Cole!

I wasn’t a fan of the back and forth between past and present and the past scenes seemed very childish, obviously since they’re in high school but the love story was sweet and Cole seemed like a dreamy guy 😆😍

I met Marissa and she’s an absolute sweetheart. Definitely going to be checking out more books, especially the mafia romance!
Erin Sorrels
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
So good!

So good! I loved this story. While it jumps back and forth from present day to 11 years ago, it's clear and easy to follow. In addition, the present and the past mirror each other and keep you engaged till the end.
Carrie Gubish
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book

This book was good. Wish she would have punched that biatch in face though instead of just running away twice. It was a good read and couldn't put it down. Lot's of drama and PG sex though.
Trisha
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved that this featured a female perspective of PTSD and what happens when she came home missing limbs. Usually you find military romances with a wounded alpha male. It was wonderfully refreshing to read about an alpha female.
Leyna Plumley
Jul 31, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Really good book, an easy read and easy to follow time line jumping. Cole and Gabi the main characters had a lovely relationship and it wasn’t too cheesy at all.

Mentions of PTSD, Drugs, Amputation and war topics which may be upsetting to some readers.
Kayla
Jul 20, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Good book
Charnah Long
Jul 22, 2022 rated it liked it
A good book but not the best I've ever read. It was quite simple, so a good book to perhaps get you into reading or a quick book to get you out of a reading slump. ...more
Kay Carter
Aug 14, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoy this book
Ellie
Sep 19, 2022 rated it it was ok
Loved the romance and the lovers to enemies back to lovers. Found the story boring and couldn't stay engaged. Would love to try again when I can focus more on the back story the characters ...more
Nayri H
Sep 26, 2022 rated it it was ok
it was mehhh
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Stephanie  Mae
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A True 5Star Read ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Oh my! I am reading a book and I feel as though the author was inspired by my friend's amazing husband. The male lead, Cole, just promised he would drive Gabi to book signings around the country if it meant being able to spend time with her!
Awwwwwwwwww! This guy is a keeper!
"I lifted my eyebrows. “Well, now, that would mean you driving me to book signings all over the country if you really meant that.” His gaze focused on mine, intense, trapping me in the connection
Shawn
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The book tells two stories, the present and the past relationship of Cole and Gabi. The present day story is a story of a war veteran dealing with the loss of her leg (yeah, her. I love that she's the veteran.) and and an alcoholic father as her only support. Enter her old, unreliable high school sweetheart and things heat up. Those old feelings, long buried, return, but she's stronger now, and and doesn't need his baggage.

The past story is a story of young love and bad decisions. Cole, growing
« previous 1 3 next »

• Fresh Meet (Kings of the Water, #2)
  • Protecting What's Mine (Benevolence, #3)
  • Ruthless Sinner
  • Birthday Gift (Blessed Inlet, #1)
  • I Can Explain (Awkward Love, #2)
  • Riley Thorn and the Corpse in the Closet (Riley Thorn, #2)
  • Prickly Romance: Single Dad AMBW
  • My Killer Vacation
  • Blue
  • No Good Deed (Bad Habits Duology, #1)
  • No Bad Deed (Bad Habits Duology, #2)
  • Micah: A Brash Brothers Billionaire Romance (The Brash Brothers Book 2)
  • Rapture (Fallen, #4)
  • Until May (Until Her/Him, #11)
  • Redemption Weather
  • Smoke and the Flame (Aces High MC - Cedar Falls Book 3)
  • Undressed (To Protect and Serve, Heroes in Uniform, #2)
  • Edge of Tomorrow (Arrow's Edge MC, #3)
Marissa Farrar is a multi-published romance and fantasy author. She was born in Devon, England, loves to travel and has lived in both Australia and Spain. She now resides in the countryside with her husband, three children, a crazy Spanish dog, two rescue cats and six hens. She has a degree in Zoology, but her true love has always been writing.

Marissa is the author of sixteen novels, including th