Start by marking “No Second Chances” as Want to Read:
No Second Chances

No Second Chances

Gabi...
When I was seventeen years old, I was told to stay away from Cole Devonport. Kids like him only ever meant trouble. I should have listened, but I didn’t, and surprise, surprise, I was the one who got hurt. But escaping Cole didn’t mean the end of my pain. Life has a way of screwing me over, and after joining the Army as a way of forgetting him, I suffered a loss I’
Published July 26th 2016 by Warwick House Press

To ask other readers questions about No Second Chances, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Second Chances

Julia
Holy Shit this book was so stupid. Like I kept reading it and thinking to myself "man I should rip this book apart in my review but is it even worth writing a review for it?"

So you'll get my random ramblings instead.
-Only reason why this book gets 2 stars is because the hero was celibate for ten tears.
-No details on the heroines sexual experience.
-Ooo great a veteran heroine for once!! Anndddddd she's dumb as rocks
-How did this woman survive in Iraq, she's brainless
-Of course she didn't join
Jules
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have read a few books by this author, but No Second Chances is definitely my favourite so far.

I liked the main characters, especially Gabi, who felt very real. Cole won me over when he took Gabi on the perfect first date. Marissa Farrar is great at creating interesting characters and believable relationships.

No Second Chances is a romance with rough edges. Things certainly aren’t smooth sailing, and there are plenty of physical and emotional challenges thrown into the storyline too. This book
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
Meh. I need to stop reading second chance romance because they're always so goddamn awful. Hero fucks up royally and the heroine always forgives and forget....... way. too. easily. Hell no.

I always finish this type of book feeling incomplete and unsatisfied.

This book wasn't all that bad though. The author's writing style in this book way better than her previous book that I've read.

I loved the heroine, (even if she was dumb as hell) and it's my first time reading a book where the heroine is
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

Emotional and unique!! Loved it.
Full review to come!!

4.5 Stars!
Alison
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love sitting and reading a book in two sittings - which is exactly what I did with No Second Chances.

Ten years ago Gabi Weston left her life without looking back - she felt abandoned by her boyfriend, her father, her friends. Ten years later she is back after a life altering incident. The last thing she needs is Cole Devonport.

Cole Devonport spent his life in Foster homes - aged 17 he finds the love he thought would never be, Gabi Weston. Life was great then it wasn't.

The story is told through
Jackie Roche
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank Helen at TBC and the author for giving me the opportunity to read this in exchange for an honest and open review.
This was a welcome change from my usual diet of blood and guts!
I have read other books by Marissa Farrar but this one is my favourite.
Gabi and Cole, the two main characters, are portrayed as very human. We are shown all of their traits, both good and bad.
I loved the way it was written, hearing about the past and present from Gabi and Cole.
This isn't just a romanc
Julie Smith
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It made me smile, it made me cry and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy . I will definitely read this again

Jo Roderick
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I’ve been reading quite a few novels by Marissa Farrar lately, and they all kept me turning the page to find out more. No Second Chances is an intriguing view into the life of someone with a disability. It sheds new light on what it is like, and demonstrates that love can happen to anyone, no matter what the circumstances.

It’s also an inspiring story of just how your life can turn around, and sometimes ... you do get a second chance. The trick is in recognising that we have been given a precious
Tracy
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cole and Gabi left their home town 11 years ago and have now returned. This is their story told from what happened 11 years ago and now. There are different chapters from both of their perspectives.

I really enjoyed this book. The story is unique and not something I have read a lot of recently. I thought the way the author wrote about the disability was very good and I found it quite refreshing to read about a woman who had been injured in the army. I found the twists and turns in the book very g
Amber
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow, let me first start off saying Gabi is one bad ass chick!! I loved Coles character too and the chemistry the two shared. My heart went out for these two it just seemed like they could never catch a break something was always holding them back from embracing the love they shared for one another. I love military romance and I loved the twist Marissa Farrar out on this one. I liked the fact that the female lead was the service member. My heart broke for Gabi but not for long she doesn't want ou ...more
She's a Lip Biter
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is told in past and present time and by Cole and Gabi. It's a story of teens who were lost and trying to find themselves as well as love. They lost touch, moved on with their lives and end up back in the same city. But a decade has changed these two very much. They both have their own demons and pasts they are working through. They aren't sure if they can rekindle what they once had. The author did a great job at keeping the story interesting and not confusing with the past and present ...more
D. Messing
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
***** I received this ARC for free from TBC on FB in return for an honest review *****

I very much enjoyed this book, this is one of my favorite authors and as usual she didn't disappoint! This is the first time I have read one of her stories that isn't paranormal and it was a refreshing change of pace for me. You can really tell how much research was put into the story to feel as if you are there, right next to each character. The evolution of the story flowed well, transitions were seamless, an
Susan Angela Wallace
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
No second chances by marissa farrar is a romance read.
When I was 17 years old, I was told to stay away from Cole Devonport, kids like him only ever meant trouble.
Absolutely fantastic read.
I loved the story and the characters.
Devoured in less than 24 hours.
Simply unputdownable.
I loved Cole and gabi.
Didn't like Ryan at all.
I loved the ending too.
Highly recommended.
5* from me.
Thanks to tbc on fb for the arc.
#tbconfb.
Sherri Wyman
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What girl doesn't fall for the bad boy who just wants to be loved? This is a well written story that sucks you in and holds you in it's grasp from the first word to the last. The characters are complex and likeable or hateable depending on what they're meant to be. You'll be hoping and hurting right son along with the main characters. If you don't believe in second chances now, you just might by the end of this journey. I would highly recommend this to everyone looking for a good read.
Cris Aguado
Aug 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, romance
Me gusta la historia, pero creo que se podría haber sacado mucho mas de ella
Gemma Whittington
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A real page turner, couldn't put it down from start to finish!
Loved the characters, even Ryan...
5* read definitely :)
Rose Garter
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
It felt like this was a romance trying to be something else. The characters had been together when they were teenagers and although it's 11 years later and they seem to have changed, underneath there has been no real development. They aren't children anymore, it should occur to them now to call the police. The "bad guys" are very two dimensional and also still stuck as teenagers.

I did really enjoy that the author put these words into the mouth of a man: "Consent is consent, and you didn’t have m
Carrie Gubish
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book

This book was good. Wish she would have punched that biatch in face though instead of just running away twice. It was a good read and couldn't put it down. Lot's of drama and PG sex though.
Trisha
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved that this featured a female perspective of PTSD and what happens when she came home missing limbs. Usually you find military romances with a wounded alpha male. It was wonderfully refreshing to read about an alpha female.
Erin Sorrels
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
So good!

So good! I loved this story. While it jumps back and forth from present day to 11 years ago, it's clear and easy to follow. In addition, the present and the past mirror each other and keep you engaged till the end.
Karen
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet

This was a sweet second chance love story. Loved the characters. I recommend this story. Nice happy ending. Great author.
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Stephanie  Mae
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A True 5Star Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Oh my! I am reading a book and I feel as though the author was inspired by my friend's amazing husband. The male lead, Cole, just promised he would drive Gabi to book signings around the country if it meant being able to spend time with her!
Awwwwwwwwww! This guy is a keeper!
"I lifted my eyebrows. “Well, now, that would mean you driving me to book signings all over the country if you really meant that.” His gaze focused on mine, intense, trapping me in the connection we h
Shawn
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The book tells two stories, the present and the past relationship of Cole and Gabi. The present day story is a story of a war veteran dealing with the loss of her leg (yeah, her. I love that she's the veteran.) and and an alcoholic father as her only support. Enter her old, unreliable high school sweetheart and things heat up. Those old feelings, long buried, return, but she's stronger now, and and doesn't need his baggage.

The past story is a story of young love and bad decisions. Cole, growing
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Cole and Gabi were childhood sweethearts until Cole is arrested and sent to prison for ten years. Obviously going to prison is going to change a person but Gabi also has a lot to deal with in that time as well. Both characters find themselves back in the same small town at around the same time and even though things ended badly between them, there is obviously still a spark there.

Cole really is a very misunderstood man. He hasn’t had the best of upbringings living in foster homes but he falls fo
Ashley
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Eleven years ago the relationship between Gabi and Cole came to a screeching halt and shattering both their lives for a while. Now years later they are both back in their hometown trying to make the best of things. Gabi had joined the military and made something of herself but when tragedy strikes she is ends up back at her fathers house to deal with the aftermath. Cole spent the last several years in jail for the mistakes of his past and is out trying to pick up the pieces. Will these two get a ...more
Erica Lavallee
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible-books
This book was recommended to me by my friend Nikki. I am so glad I listened to it.
It had all the feels. It was gritty and true to real life with all its ups and downs. It goes from present day to 11 years back. I recommend this book for sure
Katie
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

No Second Chances is a stand-alone contemporary romance novel by Marissa Farrar.
I absolutely loved this story and I could not put it down. The characters were just amazing, both trying to rebuild their lives and for very different reasons.

The story is about Gabi and Cole – childhood sweethearts but torn apart because of silly mistakes. Cole broke Gabi’s heart so in order to heal at just 17 years old she makes a life changing decision and joins the Army. 10 years later she’s back in her
Nikki
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook-boom
This story was so gritty and real, it wasn't hearts and butterflies it was a heartbreaking love story that just sucked you in. The story starts present day but through out the book you get flashbacks to 11 years earlier and what happened that put Cole and Gabi in the situations they are in right now.

Gabi is one of my favorite heroines EVER. She is so strong through out the book and her feelings were so real. Cole is the bad boy male lead in the book and he fits it perfectly. He had a rough start
Lori
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Very entertaining, engaging and thoroughly enjoyable. The story just pulls you right in and doesn't let go until the end.

Told through dual POV's and flashbacks into the past. .
Teenage first love that was influenced by outside factors to the point that it drastically changed the coarse of both of their lives. The past is not through with them yet.

Great characters. Both Gabi and Cole are likable characters and you can't help but root for them to get their HEA.

Cole - the bad boy who is really a g
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Differently Normal
  • A Virtual Affair
  • The Wolf You Feed (The Vargr Clan Trilogy #1)
  • The Academy: Making of a Ruler (The Eagle King's Academy #1)
  • Sacred Secrets (Jacody Ives Mystery)
  • The Memory Journal (The Memory Child #0.5)
  • Roamer (Nomad, #3)
  • A Trojan Affair: The S.K.A. at Carnarvon
  • Canvas (The Program, #1)
  • Light, A Love Ever After Series Book 2
  • The Good Kind of Bad
  • SOLD TO ME (Billionaire Romance)
  • Wildflower Bay
  • Cyborg Fury (Burning Metal #2)
  • The Twenty-One (Emerald Cove #2)
  • Joanna's Journey
  • Taming Shadows (Revelations #1)
  • Twisted Lies 4  (Dirty Secrets, #4)
Marissa Farrar is a multi-published romance and fantasy author. She was born in Devon, England, loves to travel and has lived in both Australia and Spain. She now resides in the countryside with her husband, three children, a crazy Spanish dog, two rescue cats and six hens. She has a degree in Zoology, but her true love has always been writing.

Marissa is the author of sixteen novels, including the