Start by marking “His Return (HIS, #3)” as Want to Read:
His Return (HIS, #3)

His Return

(HIS #3)

Romantic Suspense BESTSELLER • Will the actions of his past prevent him from returning to the woman in his heart? In Sheila Kell’s sensual novel of secrets and unrequited love, a wounded operative and a strong-willed accountant have to decide if the future can only be determined by the past.

Only his return can determine her future.

Wounded Jake Cavanaugh can't seem to esca
Published August 12th 2016 by Cunningham Publishing

To ask other readers questions about His Return, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Return

Start your review of His Return (HIS, #3)
Erica
Sheila Kell's HIS series is easily one of my favorites.
The first two books in the series were amazing and put the author on my auto read list.
HIS Return is Jake's story.
After one confusing night with the one woman he's always wanted but never could have Jake's best friend tosses him out, sending him away while he's still trying to come to grips with what happened.
He ends up taking a dangerous job that takes him away for four years.
Four years of his life wasted.
Four years missing the woman he lo
Franci Neill
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Coming Home Again Stars!!

This was my first book by Ms. Kell and I was a little concerned that I would be missing part of the story since this is the third book in the HIS series. I'm happy to say I had no problem whatsoever following this story without any real history of the Hamilton family and specifically Emily and Jake's history as the author did a wonderful job of getting me up to speed.

Jake has been gone for four long years and with no explanation of where he was and what he was doing.
Teri McGill
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After having read and loved both HIS Desire and HIS Choice, I was excitedly anticipating the arrival of HIS Return. It was well worth the wait! We read a bit about Jake in the previous books, and knew he had disappeared after a heart-breaking family altercation. Fast-forward four years ... Jake has been located, having barely survived harrowing experiences. Everything has changed back home, and he must fight to reclaim the girl he abandoned. Will Emily welcome him home with open arms or has she ...more
Renee Entress
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story flowed well and the story kept you interested. The story has laughs, suspense, pain, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
HIS Desire (H.I.S. #1)
HIS Choice (HIS #2)

This is Emily and Jake’s story. Jake regrets running from Emily. It’s been years but he is back and hoping to face her. But she is in the middle of a ton of danger with a surprise. Can Emily let go of the pain she feels about Jak
Katherine Yearwood
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you’re looking for a book to pull on your heart string along with solving a good mystery then His Return is that book.

Jake has been out of contact with the Hamilton and the woman he loved for four years. Now, Jack is back. With Jakes return, there are burning questions that must be answered.

Emily never knew that being an Accountant was so hazardous to your health. When Emily uncovers a Ponzi scheme at work. Emily is the way she was, tried to report the misdoings. But, she sooner learns that
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
My first experience with Sheila Kell was when I read ‘HIS Desire’. I fell in love with her writing and since then I have been following the HIS series. ‘HIS Return is book #4 and can be read as a standalone. A note of warning though after reading one of these books you are going to want to read the remaining books.

This installment tells Emily and Jakes’ story. Emily had a crush on Jake since she was six years old. As she got older, her crush gradually grew into something more meaningful. Jake h
Barb Shuler
As with my review from last year, this book effing rocked. The balance of "oh hell no" and "aww" moments was great. Sheila has a way of making you go from one emotion to another and back again. Top Notch and so worth the time to read!

I laughed, ooh and aww' and of course cried a couple of times. Always great to reread a. lol that takes you through the entire emotional ladder!!

***************************************

First read 7/24 - 8/13/16

*Received a copy of HR from the author and Hot Tree Pro
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, adult, suspense
I have longed for Jake and Emily's story and, as such, was a tad nervous about whether or not Sheila Kell could deliver to my high expectations based on her previous books. There was absolutely no need to be nervous as Ms Kell not only delivered, but surpassed my expectations!

This story packs a powerful, emotional, punch that will leave you breathless as you wipe your leaky eyes! We hear the totality of Jake and Emily's story, about who they were then, who they are now, and what has happened to
Sharon Gibbs
It just keeps getting better.
I was lucky to be given an advanced copy of HIS Return in exchanged for an honest review.
After enjoying the first two books in this series HIS Desire and HIS Choice I was eager for the next book to come out. And I wasn't disappointed.
His Return focuses on two of the Hamilton family. Emily and Jake.
I was captured by the way this book was written new plots and unexpected happenings will keep you on your toes. As the story weaved its way through highs and lows I found m
Dawn Tohill
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to receive an advanced copy of this, the third book in the series. First, let me be clear, this is NOT a serial or cliffhanger (one of my biggest pet peeves). This book has some serious "feels". I sat down to start reading it and stayed to finish it.. in one day. I just didn't want to walk away.

This is Ms Kell's third book and her story telling is obviously becoming smoother and more natural with each new book. It is smooth, well developed (and not just the main character
K.M. Lowe
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous!

I have loved every book in this series so far, and this book was no exception. I loved Jake and Emily's story. Just like the other books, it draws you in hook, line and sinker and keeps you on the edge of the seat. I love the whole Hamilton family and that love grows through each book. I can't wait to go on to read book 4.
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review by: Melanie
(4.5 stars)

In books one and two of the HIS series, we found out that the Hamilton family had a foster brother, Jake. They took Jake in when he was 10 years old, and he and AJ became best friends, as close as brothers, and although Senator Hamilton (the patriarch) never adopted Jake, he was still classed as part of the family and was treated as such. We also found out though that he had been missing for 4 years since AJ threw him out after finding him in bed with his “baby” sist
Cynthia
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a story based on confusion and a second chance that is filled with danger, excitement, thrills, action, romance of the hottest and drama, humor, heartbreak, passion and very steamy. I really liked Jake in the other books in this series. As we already know if you read them he had an altercation with his family and disappeared for a few years. He is back with his feeling in line and the women he loves in his sights only to find her in a big pickle that could mean life and death to so many. ...more
Dawn
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok, someone once asked what makes a book four stars and not five, well this book is the perfect example of it. There's just something about a book sending you through multiple emotions that makes the difference. Being written with almost zero errors in it is another thing. This book, for me, is perfection. Five stars!

I could give you a long editorial review but I'm not, I'm giving you a review from my heart as this author has written a book that has reached my heart. It's moving and deep. It's
Jill
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
As with all the books in this series, this can be read as stand alone but is a bit more enjoyable in order since some previous characters are mentioned. Emily decides to confront Jake on her 18th birthday with her feelings for him but it doesn't work out. Her brother walks in and kicks Jake out and he doesn't stay and fight for her. Now, it's 4 years later and he's back. Can Emily forgive him when she finds out why he left and why he's been gone 4 years? She's also in danger after stumbling onto ...more
Vickie Chaisson
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
His Return rocks. I love 2nd chance at love stories especially ones that keep you on the edge of your seat trying to figure out what will happen next. When the hero is a true alpha male and feels like he's has broken the trust of his brothers he walks away from the family he loves and makes some really stupid decisions. Jake truly didn't really realize how much he loved Emily until he walked away. After his capture, torture, and return to America he has to see Emily again. The story of their rec ...more
Amanda Campbell
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
OMG, and this book was even better. I had to stop multiple times throughout the story and go, this is a book, these aren't my actual feelings. And wow does that not tell you how amazing a writer Sheila Kell is. I love these Hamilton boys something fierce but I think Jake Cavanaugh might have taken first place. He was so swoony, and made me fall in love with him. And Emily is such a strong women, and truly the best person for Jake. I loved these two together. Once again, amazing book that drags y ...more
Mindy McCray
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sheila Kell has done it again! I couldn't put this book down! I loved getting to see Jake as we have only heard that he is the Hamilton's foster brother!

I love Jake and Emily's story! They have been through so much and deserve to face what happened 4 years earlier. This book had me in tears often and when I think about this book I still want to cry.

I like how we get to see Reagan and Jason in this book. I would have loved to see more of Jason :)

I can't wait to see what Kell brings us next!!
Andrzejewski Amy
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
His Return was similar the other books in this series. The book had the bit of suspense you yearned for from the other books in the series. Their was suspense and mystery where HIS comes in to investigate and keep Emily safe. This book had more of a romantic side with Emily and Jake. There wasn't all hot and steamy sex in this book as there was in the others. It was definitely an easy read. I'm looking forward to reading His Chance next in the series.
Mona williams
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
wow loved it! he left everyone he loved one night. fought for his life! now hes back to reclaim the woman he left behind.. she has a surprise for him. plus her life is in danger. you must read.
MaryRhonda
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaking

Me and Jake's story has sadness written all over. It didn't seem like they would ever catch a break. Even though they finally get their happily ever after, there is so much sorrow overlaying this happy time. Still a wonderful story with angst and suspense, but mostly love.
Kathryn Linke
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

His Return, is the third title in the HIS Securities series.

Jake and Emily's story is a second chance romance full of emotion, heat, humor, drama, secrets, angst, romance and danger. As with the previous titles in this series, there is a strong focus on love, loyalty and family. As I've come to expect from Ms Kell, this book is well written, entertaining and quite captivating. I had difficulty putting this book down, I was thoroughly engaged with Jake and Emily's tale.

Jake disappears
InD'tale Magazine
Wow! Can Ms. Kell tell a great story!

Read full review in the 2017 March issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Melissa
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
once again, amazing story with all the ups and downs of real life. love it!!
S. R. Lewis
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Suspense, love, humanity

I love this series. This book had great suspense and warm characters with plots and subplots. I couldn't avoid tears in the scene near the end. Well written and enjoyable.
Christyg
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The mystery of Jake is finally resolved! The introduction to Jake in this story was fabulous. Emily inadvertently ends up in a dangerous situation at the same time as Jake's return. Their reunion is an entertaining ride. The story is action packed and has a lot of highs and lows. Sheila Kell has a great action romance here. It makes me want to read more!
books are love
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I balled at the end. So much has happened in this book and so many emotions play out throughout the book. I have to say first Emily shame on you. I so was not happy with you at the beginning. At first she didn’t want to even hear Jake out, yes you just had a scare with your daughter but after when things settled you were really cold towards Jake. I mean you really can’t blame him leaving all those years ago after what your brother said can you?

When we see Jake at the beginning of this you are i
Kat
*** I voluntarily reviewed this book, I gained no monetary incentives nor was I specifically requested to review the book, these are my honest ramblings and I hope you enjoy reading them - kat***

Although these stories are stand-alone, as in separate events, I feel they DO NEED to be read in order so please for the full benefit and to not spoil the other 2 books that are already out, read book 1 His Desire and book 2 His Choice first.

I gave this book a full 5 stars, although I am not that keen on
LeeAnn Lewis
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A True Suspense Romance!! This series just keeps getting better!! Jake and Emily's story is one of love and tragedy. After 4 years of searching for their foster brother, the Hamilton brother's finally get a lead and rescue Jake, but will the one person that he has loved for years be willing to let him back into her life? This is a wonderful story and one you can't put down!
Andi
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So glad to have read this story. I was so curious as to what had happened to Jake. I'm glad he was found & returned to claim what was his. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Adding characters 2 20 Jun 24, 2016 08:54AM
Goodreads Librari...: Add new book to existing series 2 13 Mar 23, 2016 01:44AM

• Playboy in a Suit (Cockiest Suits #2)
  • Hot as Hale (Hale #3)
  • To Hale and Back (Hale #4)
  • Begging for Hale (Hale, #2)
  • Devil in a Suit (Cockiest Suits #1)
  • Lawful Escort (Eternal Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Dirty Game (Annie Carter #1)
  • Gloria's Forever (Gloria's Secret, #3)
  • Jacob's Ladder: Gabe (Jacob's Ladder, #1)
  • Teach Me Like That (Love Me Like That #2)
  • Love Me Like That (Love Me Like That #1)
  • Arrogant Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago #4)
  • 20th Victim (Women's Murder Club, #20)
  • Unleashing Hound (Dead Presidents MC Book 8)
  • Derek (Grim Sinners MC #5)
  • Unforgotten Passion (Dirty Sexy Fairy Tales #4)
  • Sexy Love (Sexy #4)
  • Charmed
To receive a notice of Sheila’s latest releases when they’re available, be sure to select the “Follow” button.

Sheila Kell writes about the romantic men who leave women’s hearts pounding with a happily ever after built on memorable, adrenaline-pumping stories. Or, (since her editor tries to cut down on her long-windedness) simply “Smokin’ Hot Romance & Intrigue.” Her debut novel, His Desire (HI

HIS (9 books)
  • His Desire (HIS, #1)
  • His Choice (HIS, #2)
  • His Chance (HIS, #4)
  • His Destiny (HIS, #5)
  • His Family (HIS, #6)
  • His Heart (HIS, #7)
  • His Fantasy (HIS, #8)
  • A Hamilton Christmas (HIS, #9)