Start by marking “I've Been Watching You (The Forensic Files #2)” as Want to Read:
I've Been Watching You (The Forensic Files #2)

I've Been Watching You

(The Forensic Files/North East Police #2)

Alternate cover edition of ASIN B01HI9W5HQ

Ben Cassidy has a hard job balancing single motherhood with her career as a Crime Scene Investigator.

While taking a course in Digital Forensics she meets the charming Jacob Tully, an ex army war veteran struggling with his past.

While the team investigate the apparent hit and run of a care home worker, Ben suspects there is more to
Published June 23rd 2016 by Bloodhound Books (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about I've Been Watching You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I've Been Watching You

Start your review of I've Been Watching You (The Forensic Files #2)
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
Just when you think you've found all the great crime authors out there you stumble across another star. K.A. Richardson has got a book blend here that thrilled me as a reader. I was eager to dig into this book.

I'd been to hear her speak at a book event so knew her novels read well as stand-alone books as she focused on different characters in the North East Police Dept in each book, that made it easy to get stuck in.

Characters. Characters. Characters. These are a huge strength of her writing. Th
Linda Strong
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it

Ben Cassidy is a crime scene investigator. She also runs an online site for victims of rape and she's s the single mother of a 4-year-old precocious little girl. A victim of rape several years earlier left her almost dead.

While she and her team investigate a hit and run, she finds there are similarities to a number of murders much closer to home. She was meant to die in her attack ... has 'he' come back to rectify that?

While taking a course in Digital Forensics, she meets Jacob Tully, an ex-arm
Kirsty ❤️
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a really gripping read that I couldn't put down. We have two killers in this one with a very interesting connection although one of them is, possibly, the worst criminal ever.

It's multiple point of view which is always a favourite of mine so we get to see inside the heads of Ben, Jacob, various police, victims and the killers which sounds a lot but the story is so well written that it's easy to know who all these individuals are and follow without confusion. It gave it an extra layer t
Pat
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yikes that was harrowing, one of the most harrowing ever. I had to have little breaks every so often to regain my equilibrium.

This book has some familiar characters from the first book and introduces Ben (female) Cassidy who has joined the North East Police forensic team. Ben was brutally raped and left for dead eight years ago but has made a new life for herself with her daughter, Grace, and her Aunt Aiofe. We also meet Jacob. A former special forces soldier, he was discharged after suffering a
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Cass Hunt is on maternity leave so it's left to her team to solve some pretty horrific crimes that have happened in the area.
I have to say the criminals in this novel are probably some of the sickest ones I have come across and at times it does make for some uncomfortable reading. It does intensify the story though and by the end it really is an edge of your seat read.

Ben is a wonderful character and it was great to really get to know one of the other members of the team. She is a strong but qui
Audrey Gibson
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from the start. I loved the first in the series and this one certainly didn't disappoint. Great characters, great story which kept me on my toes. A well deserved 5 stars.
Tony Parsons
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
11/4/2008, Durham, UK.
Jacob Tulley (PTSD, retired UK military, PhD) was teaching Intro to Digital Forensics.
Scott Anderson (counselor) had been murdered.
PC Rob Winters had arrested/interrogated James.
Ricardo taught boxing at the local gym.
Newstead Residential Home, Sunderland. Eve (wife) had told John (husband) guess what honey I’m PG.
John Whitworth’s dad was abusive & his mom had left both of them. John was taken in by social services & placed in foster care.
Who is Gareth Chamberlain?
Ben
Angela
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an Arc copy of this book in return for an honest review. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Full of twists and turns. The pages just flew by. A well written story you just couldn't help rooting for Ben and her family
Jackie Roche
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank Betsy at Bloodhound Books and the author for giving me the opportunity to read this in exchange for an honest and open review.
Well, Ms Richardson, You've done it again!
You've produced a book which is jam-packed full of suspense and thrills and also managed to produce on OMG revelation.
A warning, however, before you start reading! This book may have you up all night, reading straight through, as you'll be so desperate to get to the end.
If you love psychological thrillers you
M.A. Comley
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I loved everything about this book from the great characterisation through to the often uncomfortable plotline. The uncomfortable events laid out in the book only heightened the experience for me as a reader.

You can tell the author has in-depth knowledge in the forensic field, it really shows with all the intricate details to the crimes.

I particularly loved Ben's character - she is very strong with an underlying vulnerability.

Highly recommended read but wished I sought out the first book With De
Anita Waller
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bloodhound
Amazing book and a worthy follow up to With Deadly Intent. I love the interaction between Ben and Jacob and although it is a crime book it also carries an element of romance. Loved it. Highly recommended.
booklover BEV
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
absolutely fabulous what can i say ben and jacob brought together with both having a very sad past that had me in tears reading loved every bit of this book thank you to the author
Craig Gillan
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved reading this book it's got everything you could want in a crime story
Mary Thomas
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for my copy.

This is a clever tale of two sadistic killers. Both stories are realistic and brutal.

Ben is developing her career as a Crime Scene Investigator whilst raising her young daughter. Jacob is ex forces who lectures in Digital Forensics. Both are physically and psychologically damaged for different reasons.

I enjoyed reading a crime thriller from a different perspective rather than from the investigating detectives and look forward to the next instalment.

My Fire Dragon
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

Fantastic read, can't wait to get started on the next book, my house is going to get neglected again! Oh well!xx
Nicki Southwell
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This is about Beth, single mother who works for the forensics's department in her local police station has a daughter Grace, and they live with her aunt Aoife.

Jack is ex-military but an experienced forensic within the same force but different location. He also lectures in digital forensics.

He still suffers from PTSD after an IUD exploded on his last tour in Afghanistan. Some of his comrades died and he sustained series injuries to his leg. He needs a stick for walking and is often in pain.

There
Caroline Vincent
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“Some nightmares you can’t escape”

Upon opening this exciting new crime thriller we witness a terrible assault from the past in the prologue. We can almost hear the coldhearted assailant whisper ”I’ve been watching you” and feel the mortal fear, the anguish of the woman who is about to suffer violently. As those words are an exact match for the book title, we can only fear that this is not the last we’ve heard or seen from this brute.

The book focuses on a twisted man obsessed with women he secr
Stanley McShane
Ben Cassidy is a CSI with Sunderland City who is raising four-year-old daughter Grace by herself and has moved back home with Aunt Aoife after living in Dunham. She is wrestling with the lingering psychological and physical damage from a horrific encounter with a psychopath. Jacob Tully is ex-military with experience in combat and has PTSD. He is lecturing a Digital Forensics class Ben attends.

When a local homicide involving a student is executed in a manner that Ben recognizes, it immediately
Tracy Shephard
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
John Whitworth is a cruel and sadistic man. With his wife in a home, because of an injury inflicted by him, he still finds ways of abusing her, mentally and psychically. he is a man you do not cross or upset as Ann was soon to discover.

Ben Cassidy, is a tough lady. After noticing Jacob Tulley's good looks at a lecture on Digital Forensics, her insecurity leaves her unable to pursue any romantic liason. Unknown to them both they have things in common. With her four year old daughter Grace and Aun
Liz Mistry
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You know when you pick up a book that's full of great forensic facts, a touch of romance, a few murders and a damn good storyline that its going to be a fast read ... and that's just what I felt when I read I've Been watching You. KA Richardson has a deft touch with the plot twists and her characterization is great.
Ben Cassidy CSI whizz kid made a few brief appearances in Richardson's first book With Deadly Intent and I was pleased to see her return in the follow-on book I've Been Watching You.
Sue McQuaide Kitt
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After reading and loving With Deadly Intent, I was very excited to start book 2 in this series and I was definitely not disappointed and I've Been Watching You is another massive 5* hit.
At first I was under the impression this book would be about the adorable Cassie, but soon came to love and admire Ben just as much. What an amazing strong, brave and lovable character she is. Ben has a terrifying past that she struggles with and finds it hard to trust.
In fact there were loads of wonderful charac
Diana Febry
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoy police procedurals where you get to really know the police team, victims and the murderer then this book is a must read. Also, the author has clearly completed a great deal of research into British police procedure.
Initially I thought the book was well-written but a bit of a slow-burner as details of the character's home life seemed to get in the way of the story. However after the first third, with the characters all fully introduced, the suspense builds all the way to the final p
Jacqueline Murphy
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an introduction to a series…. This is the first in what I hope to be a very long line of books… We meet CSI Investigator Ben Cassidy, a single mother to 4 year old grace and also battling with the physical and emotional scars left by an encounter with an horrific psychopath.

With investigating a case so close to home, we are taken on a rollercoaster of a ride on the hunt of a serial killer/killers, this book was graphic, violent, disturbing which are just some of the words I would use to des
Alexina
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I give this a 4:5 sratar rating.

I hadn't read the first in the series and this worked well as a stand alone, although I shall read the first and more.
I was absolutely drawn in from the start. Ben's character was fascinating to read and wanted to know more.
It kept me guessing...and was a clever,twisty, page turner.
Just how I like them...the only downside was I couldn't read it in one go. When I had a chance to finish it, I did an early dinner so I could finish it without interruption.
Brilliant.
Denice Langley
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book 1 in a series. The first book in a series always starts a little slower as the author builds the characters and background. It makes the series much better. While working a case, CSI Investigator Ben Cassidy, a single mother, finds evidence that will take the reader on a ride through a serial killer hunt. KA Richardson tells the story in a manner that will find you surprised when the killer is found. If the next books are as good as this one, I'll keep reading as long as she keeps w ...more
Emmie
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** spoiler alert ** #spoileralert

What impressed me a lot about this book was that there were all these seemingly disconnected characters with divergent lives, but somehow they were all interlinked in the end. That and the fact that the antagonist seemed to have a split personality, threw a few red herrings into the reader's path.

I have to tell you, this book caught me unawares on so many levels. It is quite a complex story line, but so well crafted and written. I enjoyed every page.

I would recom
Caroline
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The second book in a series, featuring a great mix of different and returning characters. The plot is disturbing but well written and keeps you guessing right to the end, I found this book compelling to say the least I literally did not want to put it down and kept reading till late at night to find out what happened, a breathtaking read from an author to watch. I received an arc in exchange for an honest review
Susan Hunter
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Bloodhound publishers for an ARC in exchange for an ho est review.
This is another brilliant police crime thriller from KA Richardson. I love the detail of characters and crime scenes, which are explained in an easily understood language.
This book also had my heart pounding with the terrific, gripping read .it was great to meet another group of characters, especially Ben And Jacob. My personal favourite character is Ali Mackay!
Felicity
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book in this series I couldn't wait to get my hands on the next one. It certainly didn't disappoint and once again I was caught up in the lives of Alex,Cass & Ali & the "new kids" on the block. I'm glad that the author has left us hanging in the air at the end so she can create another book for our further pleasure. ...more
Lisa
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced page turner

One of those books you can't turn the pages fast enough. A really good story line with relatable characters who you can't help routing for (not the bad guys obvs... Lol)

Well written and disturbingly believable. I'm looking forward to reading more by this author x
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Faceless (DI Rosalind Kray, #1)
  • This Little Piggy (DI Rosalind Kray, #2)
  • Shifting Skin (DI Jon Spicer, #2)
  • The Taken Girls
  • Their Last Words (Paterson & Clocks, #1)
  • Cruel Justice (Lorne Simpkins, #1)
  • Suspended Retribution (DI Rosalind Kray #3)
  • #MeToo
  • Dead Inside (Maggie Jamieson, #1)
  • Impeding Justice  (Lorne Simpkins, #2)
  • Cold is the Caller (DI Bethany Smith #1)
  • This Side of Death (CSI Eddie Collins, #6)
  • Death In The Woods (Detective Hellier #1)
  • Gamble
  • Dead Wrong (Calladine & Bayliss, #1)
  • Last Lullaby (Detective Natalie Ward, #2)
  • The Sleepover (Detective Natalie Ward #4)
  • Somebody’s Daughter (Detective Natalie Ward #7)

The Forensic Files/North East Police (6 books)
  • With Deadly Intent (The Forensic Files #1)
  • Time to Play (The Forensic Files #3)
  • Watch You Burn (The Forensic Files, #4)
  • Under the Woods (The Forensic Files #5)
  • From the Dark (The Forensic Files #6)