Start by marking “The Burden of Destiny: Elven Quest Book 1” as Want to Read:
The Burden of Destiny: Elven Quest Book 1

The Burden of Destiny: Elven Quest Book 1

Humans are “primitive, unintelligent, and highly emotional.” Luckily that's only half of Isobel's problem...

Dark beasts and terror are coming. Fourteen year old Isobel is warned that only her special instincts and abilities can save her villagers from extinction caused by evil creatures called the Carachi, possibly sent by her mother’s killer. To save her people and preser
ebook
Published June 22nd 2016 by Brighton Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Burden of Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Burden of Destiny

Start your review of The Burden of Destiny: Elven Quest Book 1
Marygrace Depp
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full of an adventure that changes many peoples lives. It has amazing details, shows the love of family, friends and the inevitability destiny that stands in front of one farm girl. It pulled me in from the start and never let me go. The magic in this book is so well described and explains it to the reader in a way that you can visual exactly what’s happening. I can’t wait to start the next book in this series!
Feather Chelle
Mar 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantasic!!!

An amazing story with amazing characters! I recommend it to anyone who enjoys fantasy literature. I’m looking forward to checking out the rest of the series 3
Jason LaBarge
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! This book captures you right from the start!! Highly creative read about an girl who struggles with her different outlook and appearance and takes on a role that tests her to the core!! Amuse read and surely one you will want to take home for your collection!!! Great stuff! Can't wait for the sequel! ...more
Cassandra
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic start!

What a great read! From the very start I was drawn into Isobel's world. I look forward to following her along on her journey. Any fan if the genre will recognize Thompson's nods to LOTR and Wicked, among others. Her love of reading and skilled storytelling make this a page turner I didn't want to put down.
Well done!
Judy Ferrell
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A trail to the future.

Isobel and her companions must travel a hard trail to join human and elf in a fight against evil. I enjoyed this book immensely. It's action packed and imaginative. The trials faced are both breath taking and mind boggling.
Chrissy
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Characters are well developed and the story has a wonderful underlying message. Typical good vs evil outline but with a unique twist. Empowering, fun and makes you wish you had magic of your own. Highly recommend for fantasy, young adult or adventure lovers alike.
Dartanyan Johnson
Apr 24, 2021
Linda St Laurent
Jan 30, 2018
Nicole Thomas
Feb 20, 2021
Isabella
rated it did not like it
Sep 14, 2019
susan
Jun 26, 2016
Laura Thompson
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
April
Kezia
Mar 01, 2021
Trying a different genre ... 2 2 Feb 15, 2017 06:07PM

• A Girl Called Ari
  • Backflow (Broken Tide Book 4)
  • The Seeing Scroll
  • Jungle Adventures with Mickey and Jumbo
  • Zack Makes His Own Luck: Children's Book About Not Giving Up & Having Perseverance
  • Turn Back Time: The Escape
  • Aurora and God
  • The Old Coal Miner's Lamp
  • I Wish I Knew
  • Maelstrom (Broken Tide Book 3)
  • Called to Purpose
  • Just A Servant
  • Ella (The Land of the Four #1)
  • Monty & Melvin, Wizards of Meeg
  • The Miracle Prince: The Power of the Pearl
  • Finding Caleb : A Dystopian Romance Series (Book 3) (The New Beginning's)
  • New Haven (The New Beginning's Book 2)
  • Once Upon A Time There Was A Man
Laura Thompson has been writing short stories since the young age of seven and has been an avid reader for longer than that. “Though I am in my thirties I am lucky to still have the active imagination that I had as a child, only now I express it in my writing.”
Her first full length novel was written and completed at the age of 16 while taking a creative writing class. Laura first started writing t

News & Interviews

Secrets between siblings, grandparents with grievances, parents with problems. If you're looking for serious drama, check out these new...