Start by marking “Cherry Grove” as Want to Read:
Cherry Grove

Cherry Grove

(The Cove #1)

One Woods - he's the businessman everyone wants to be and the man every woman wants to tie down. He reeks of old money and is sexy as sin. He saunters into my life and pulls me like the undertow. I'm not looking for love. I'm really not looking for sex either but One has a way of making me think otherwise.

I came here to start over and it seems easy until it's not.

Fate al
Published June 21st 2016 (first published June 7th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Cherry Grove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cherry Grove

Coco.V
Dec 14, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/14/2017)! 💝
Carol-Ann
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book really pulled at my heart string's I have read quite a few books this year that's really touched me but this book went much further and touched my soul! Loved the character's of One Woods a businessman who every woman wished he was their partner. But it was after meeting Lea Lloyd there was only going to be one woman who would have his heart and soul. Even if she kept pushing him away because of her past ! A couple destined to be together for always with great chemistry ...more
Diane Norwood For The Love of Pimping
what a amazing debut! This story had me drawn in from the very beginning. Here there is Hadlea (Lea) moving away to a new location with some deep dark secrets from her past. One stumbles up on her.. and there is a immediate connection to her. Does One ever break through Lea ' s heart and get her to fully open up to him. This story was full of emotions, twists, and angst. It kept me reading, needing to find out who and what was going to happen. This is definitely a must read!
Amanda Lindsey Bursting Bookshelf Blog
AMAZING! That's one word to describe Luxx's debut novel! I'm still reveling in the characters and their stories. ♡

Superbly written. Characters that made me love, cry, melt, giggle, smirk, grin, laugh out loud, angry, proud and a rollercoaster of other emotions.

It took me two days to read the book. I couldn't put it down all day long. My nose was stuck in my Nook. I killed the battery twice. Haha.

There is no lack of character development in this book. You get to know the characters especially
John
Dec 29, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Plodding and repetitive

I thought this book would never end. It was the same back and forth, over and over and over and over... When I FINALLY reached the end, I couldn't believe to find it was less than 300 pages. It was an absolute waste of my life. I could have been scrubbing grout.

This may seem pretty, but even the names of the characters were annoying. Some of them were just stupid. Okay, a lot of them were. To find that One's name was derived from Malone was a bigger surprise than any other
Belen
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It took me a while to finish it (more than I'm used to) because I'm between midterms and timing sucks.

Well, what can I say?
this is Leaona's debut and I can definitely say that I loved it. I really did, because it was something I wasn't expecting.
I expected an usual book of love and second chances, but this book? This book it's beyond usual.
While I was reading Cherry Grove, I was talking to her and I said to her that since it started I couldn't stop saying "OH MY GOD, WHAT THE FUCK?" or "NO WA
Chitra
Shelves: arc
** ARC given by author in exchange of honest review**

I finished this book a few days ago, reading this sneaking in between work and babysitting, so it took longer to read and put my review up. But I was actually dreading the end too so I read slower-ly. I DIDN'T want it to end!! Leaona brought me to her world, One and Lea's world in Cherry Grove. I lost in their story, the book. I felt so emotional during reading it. It was such a roller coaster emotions.
This is definitely would not be the las
Flora Lafferty
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this amazing book by new author Leaona Luxx! So down to earth that it's easy to relate to. Lea and One are two every day people that have been burnt in the past but fight for an unbelievable love that they both deserve. Love all of the characters and the close family atmosphere that bring it all together. Great work, Leaona! I can't wait for the next book in this series! I am definitely a fan!
Kim Markett
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Dianna
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Is this really her first book?

Cherry Grove is wonderfully written and so not what you might expect. It is not a book for someone that wants a simple clean romance. It is a deep, heart wrenching story that will make you wonder just how much a soul can handle. But in the end, is anything worth having easy to get?
Robin Brister
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a ride Cherry Grove is! It is so full of angst with twist & turns I tried hard to figure out. I love that One & Hadlea are in their 30's and have both lived lives before finding each other. As much as their past is determined to keep them apart, their love seems more determined to bring them together.
Robyn
Apr 09, 2018 rated it liked it
3.75 You’re the One Stars

This was a debut novel, and I have to say, this author has grown immensely as a writer since this first book, as I just finished reader her sixth book. Apparently, all of her stories are interwoven, and I thought I would go back to the beginning, and get to know some of her side characters’, back stories.

Ok, so this story was pretty much chalk full of OTT drama. When the MC’s where actually together, their happiness didn’t seem to last long.

Hadlea...aka Lea, had a roug
K.M. Lowe
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was the first book I've read by this author, and it certainly won't be the last. This was the authors début novel, and it was a really good story, with plenty of twists and turns along the way. I will admit at the beginning I really didn't like Hadlea much, because she was so....frustrating. But, as the story grew, and we got to know more abut her and her past, it had me softening to her. Malone, I loved. He was perfectly imperfect. This couple have had a rough ride and even up until the en
Tiffany Readz
3.5 Stars

Good grief, this book have everything PLUS the kitchen sink thrown in. At first Cherry Grove grated on my nerves with these characters, however they did start to grow on me towards the end. I loved the name One (which is actually a bit of a nickname), but some of the other character names came across to me as pretentious. It felt as if the author was trying too hard to find different names and I found it a bit distracting.

One is well known in his small town. He has been divorced from h
Stacey
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is Leaona's debut book. My hat's off to you! You have bared your soul to the world with this book. You can tell from the writing, that this story comes from a deep emotional place within Leaona and it is a story that will resonate with you. This story is gritty, real and raw.

Hadlea (Lea) is a strong and sassy yet emotionally vulnerable woman. You can see and feel the emotional scars she carries. She is strong because there are factors in her life that have forced her to be. She is the kind
Yvonne Evans
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Leaona Luxx is the second new Author in a row that I have read. I must be lucky because both have hit it out of the park.
Leaona Luxx has written a fantastic book, it grabbed my heart on the first page and still has it. This is a book that I will recommend to everyone I know. I saw so many women I know in Lea or Lea in so many women I know including myself. The situations with Cole were so familiar to me and the not call the police I so get that. My emotions were so up and down just all over the
Meenz
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The blurb and the cover of the book are what called me to read this book. But as soon as I started the book I got a bit bored due to the HEAVY descriptions. Leaonna changed all that right as Hadlea (Lea) and Malone (One) meet. They have an instant connection and even though I am not a big fan of love at first sight, this book was so beautifully written that I was hooked and didn't mind that at all. Yes, I kind of wanted to shake Lea at times and scream at her. But I kind of understood what she w ...more
Kelsey Walker- Under The Cover Book Blog
This was such an amazing debut novel. It was so full of emotion it was incredible! Some parts where hard to read but also very empowering.
This is the story of Lea and One, this is no easy romance. They struggle a lot through emotional and physical issues Lea has from her past. They are also faced with an unknown issue working against them.
Some may think Lea is weak and all over but I see her totally different. She is a force to be reckoned with, she will do anything to protect those she loves w
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Leaona Luxx is a new to me author and I will be keeping her. This book is raw, emotionally, physically and mentally. The anguish and turmoil bestowed upon the main female character, Lea, is heartfelt and portrayed accurately. To have suffered so much terror and still have protected her children from it shows just how strong and determined a mother she is.

This story will have you cursing out the bad guy and there is even a plot twist that you think will go one way and goes another.

I have had to
Mel
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying Leaona Luxx is a new TBR author for me.

This book hit all the areas a romance could go it was gritty, dark, heavy, sweet, beautiful and plenty of twists and turns to the plot.

Cherry Grove follows Hadlea (Lea) and Malone (One). I absolutely loved how these characters were developed and explored. Their relationship and their pasts were explored so much that by the end you were praying for a great outcome. Their family (definitely not families) were nice again well developed a
2OCC Reviews
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alice
Wow... I had no idea this was Leaona Luxx's first book! It is an amazing storyline.. It kept me on my toes all the way through, I needed to know what happened!! The ending.. Just WOW!!!! I am so looking forward to reading more by Leaona!! I honestly don't think her writing could get any better.
Malone/one is HOT!! He is so sweet!! I want one!!!
This book will bring out every emotion, you'll be laughing, crying, smiling, shouting! I was hooked from the first page.
I love all the characters, the pl
Milva
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When Lea and One meet there is an instant pull to eachother. As much as they want to be together, the demons from the past are a constant obstacle. Especially for Lea who truly believes she is not worthy of love. Even though One is trying to prove it over and over again. Will they find happiness in the end? Only way to find out is to read this enticing story. It will rip you apart and suck you in until the end.
MzzBookworm
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When you love someone, it doesn't matter how many battle you need to fight to win and to obtain what you deserve. Lea independent with many secrets. Scare to let the door open but willing to try. Until she finds her soulmate that may help her find herself again. Her doubts and unable to trust.

Leaona you did an Amazing job writing this story. Love each character but my favorite was Malone.
He never give up for what he wants. Strong, romantic and gentleman all way
Cheryl
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know where to start with this review. No spoilers here.

I loved this book.... I loved everything about it. It's such a good story and in all reality I couldn't put it down. Sometimes it's hard to be loved if you don't know what love is. This is the story of finding love and learning that you are worth it. Have a read you won't be sorry
Jackie *Beauty and Books*
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. From the very beginning I was hooked. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a good love story. My only issue, which is more of a personal preference, is at some times Lea just annoyed me. I understand her past sucks, but sometimes I wanted to just shake her!

Overall, it was awesome.
Mary Snow
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cherry Grove was an awesome book!!
Leaona Luxx's debut novel was wonderful.
I fell in love with the story and characters.
Hadlea and Malones love story was intertwined with so many, many obstacles and they overcame every one of them.
I highly recommend this book.
Look forward to many more of Leaona's books.
Christine
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was the best book that I have read this year! Leaona Luxx nailed it with her debut novel! I can't wait to read more books from this new author! This book has twists, turns, angst and love...all the thing that I love to read in a novel! I have no doubt that she will be on the bestsellers list!
Danielle Robbins
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. I loved One but Lea kind of annoyed me when she kept pushing One away. She had reasons for doing that but I felt that he deserved more. I was glad they were able to overcome their issues! This book had all the feels. I will definitely be reading more from the author
Nancynshannon Underwood
Amazing!!

Amazing read!!! A very good debut novel. Can't wait for more from this author. Lea and One stole my heart!!
Kimberly
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One and Lea

I have so many mixed emotions over this story. But maybe that’s what was intended. To pull you into the heartbreak and confusion of an extremely abused woman and watch the man who loves her try to help her heal in the only way he knew how? Were they perfect? No not even close. Did they make mistakes? Yes repeatedly. But they ultimately realized what mattered most.

This book has a lot of twists and turns and some truly unbalanced bad guys that kept things in turmoil for both One and Le
« previous 1 3 next »

• Turn of Fate
  • Close To Falling
  • SNAP (The SNAP Trilogy #1)
  • Not the End (Not Alone Novellas, #1)
  • Pretty;
  • Knight (Wordsmith Chronicles, #1)
  • Casting Stones
  • Liam (Brother's Keeper #2)
  • Rock the Dream (Redfall Dream #1)
  • Wake
  • One Night Only
  • A Beautiful Heartbreak (a NYC series, #1)
  • Stepdaddy Stripper
  • Theirs to Punish (Theirs - Double Dom, #1)
  • Raine's Haven
  • The Trouble With Eden (Paradise #1)
  • Blue Hearts #2 (Story of Us Series - Into the Blue)
  • Wrecked
Leaona, also known as Lea, lives with her husband, cat and two dogs near Myrtle Beach. She was born and raised in WV by her parents whom she adores before attending Marshall University. A small business owner and mother of three, she enjoys Carolina Panthers and Marshall University Football, reading, writing, gardening, crafts, NASCAR, TWD, hot rods, and surf fishing.

Leaona was inspired to write w

The Cove (3 books)