Start by marking “Six (Men by Numbers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Six (Men by Numbers, #2)

Six (Men by Numbers #2)

Book two in the stand alone series. Intended for the mature reader.
SIX
Men By Numbers Series

I grew up in the foster system and bounced around from place to place. I know what you’re thinking. Bad things happened to me and fucked me up? Don’t feel bad for me. I didn’t know a privileged life, therefore I didn’t miss one. I was what I was and I made it work. I actually had
Published August 6th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Six, please sign up.

Candace
The second book in the 'Men by Numbers' series, 'Six' had many of the characteristics of a terrific, dark story. There was plenty of danger and Ker Dukey certainly doesn't shy away from graphic, disturbing content like many authors do. I applaud her for that. If you're going to write a dark story, I think you need to take that dive and not toe the line.

This is the story of Taylor Jake, aka "Six". As a teenager, Six was bounced between foster homes before eventually ending up on the streets. His
warhawke
Aug 04, 2016 warhawke rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who love sexy avenging thriller
Genre: Erotic Thriller
Type: Standalone Book 2 from Men By Numbers series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Taylor Jake didn't have a childhood worth remembering. He moved from one foster home to another, never felt like he belonged until he joined a gang during his teen and found love. But that love took everything he got and he avenged it by killing six of the people involved which landed him a 15 years prison sentence. Now a free man, he became Six and vowed to finish his revenge.

Misty was desper
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Ker Dukey" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Six
SERIES: (Men by Numbers, #2)
AUTHOR: Ker Dukey
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
CHAPTERS: Prologue | 36 | Epilogue
RELEASE DATE: August 29th, 2016

MY RATING: 5 STARS

Even though this states that it's part of a series it can be read solely as a standalone.

SIX: Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives' Six & Misty

PAST: Straight away your dragged into the nitty gritty storyline as soon as you read
CC
description

Taylor Jake grew up in a variety of foster homes that enabled him to create a protective wall around his emotions. Upon meeting Haley as a teen, she became his family and part of his heart; however, Taylor’s weakness was preyed upon by a rival gang and Haley paid the price of evil. Vowing to avenge Haley’s pain, Taylor became Six, a killer succumbed by rage, guilt and inner turmoil.

“I was hollow, lost to what it felt like not to be lonely, and I was okay with that.”

Fast forward fifteen yea
Vaso
May 26, 2017 Vaso rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
Six and Misty...
Six is complicated because he's been through a lot and has daemons he wants to deal with. Misty comes to his shop and gets hired the same day. The attraction between them is inevitable, but Six tries his best not to give in. When they finally can't avoid it any longer, a person from his past, pays him a visit. The anger he once felt comes back and when a terrible incident happens, for which he only blames himself, then revenge needs to be taken...
It was difficult and strange for
Betul
Feb 11, 2016 Betul rated it really liked it
**Received ARC in exchange for an honest review**

description

"She's a saint and I'm a sinner."

I have been obsessed with Six since the moment I met him in the previous book Ten. I have a thing for "tortured" heroes because they think they don't deserve to be happy or find love. They are wrestling with their inner demons on a daily basis. It was the same for Six, we get to see what his demons are early on in the story. Those scenes were heartbreaking!

"I see the prince inside the beast. He has demons, but they
Anna
Aug 07, 2016 Anna rated it really liked it
Di - Twisted Book Reviews
Jun 29, 2017 Di - Twisted Book Reviews rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book in a few hours! You know that feeling when you close a book and realise you've been immersed so fully that you have no clue what was going on around you. I was glued to this book, nothing outside these pages was going to matter until I read every last word.

So many emotions were brought to the surface. It wouldn't be a Dukey book without a twist sucker punching me into submission. I loved every single thing about this story. From laughs to tears, I enjoyed it all. You better
Sunny
Feb 05, 2016 Sunny marked it as to-read
SIX!!!! ♥

Jul 14, 2016 Sarah rated it liked it
After reading Ten, I was quite excited to get into Six' story.  He was a very intriguing character, from the time he had spent in prison to the parade of people leaving his house each morning.  He seemed like such a good guy in the way that he had treated Alex; I was dying to learn more about him and the road that had led him to be the person he had become.

Several days after finishing this book I am still unsure what exactly to say about it.  There were parts of it that were excellent; where eve
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Feb 05, 2016 Charlie ✰ WLTB Blog ✰ rated it it was amazing
Hot I Loved Six

Six *Swoon* another great read from Ker,

We may have waited a bit longer than expect for Six but trust me he is worth the wait.
I couldn’t put this book down once I started.

It is Very HOT in places and I really Loved the Characters, Not going say much as I don’t want to spoil it for others but if you Love Ker’s books you really don’t want to miss reading this one.
Few Twists I really didn’t see coming.

I can’t wait to see what Ker has in store for us next.
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
SIX!!!!

"Sometimes you only had to see someone once to know you wanted to fuck them."

Yeahhhh You are going to fall HARD for Six!!!

Holy Smokes...this book!!!! I hate to say it, but I think I loved SIX more then TEN and I Loved Ten..lol

This boy made me laugh out loud with his mouth and need to take a cold shower after reading the HAWT romance in this book!!! lol Six was full on Alpha Male with a wonderful dirty mouth!!!

Soo this is Six's story, he grew up in the foster system. He had a hard life bo
Jamie
Mar 08, 2016 Jamie rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-arc-s
I fixate on the irony that a rainstorm washed her into my life and rainstorm could potentially wash her out of it.

Six, is the second book in a standalone series. You meet Six, in Ten. You can read this series out of order if you'd like.
Six is a tortured soul with revenge running through his veins. He's out for blood and will stop at nothing to get it. He doesn't let many people close, he knows what it's like to lose someone you care about. Even when they are still with you in the physical sen
Kira
Apr 24, 2016 Kira rated it liked it

I couldn't get invested in this story. All of the stuff about Six's messed up life was good. He was living in the past so much that it was hard to care about his current relationship with Misty. I wish there had been better emotional closure about his past. The ending felt rushed. If parts hadn't been from his POV, I never would have believed he genuinely cared about Misty. She deserved better. Misty was nice. There's really not much more to say about her because there wasn't much to kn
Mojo_Mama
Six has been ruined for me. I loved him in the first in this series. Like LOVED. HIM. He was a BBF in the making. Like, TDF BBF in the making. Maybe I'll just cut and paste my favorite parts of this book together so he can still be my BBF.

He was the only saving grace in the first of this series, Ten...which reminded me of another book's plot. The entire time I read Ten I had to keep telling myself published authors don't steal plotting from other published authors.

I anticipated this book like I
Rebecca
Feb 09, 2016 Rebecca rated it really liked it
A man held hostage by his demons.

A man who can’t see beyond his past in order to reach for a future.

A vow to avenge

A vow to make “them” pay

A past written in black and red ink

A chance to begin anew…to live a life based on more than revenge.

A woman who sees beyond his past…beyond his actions and wants to make a life with him.

I knew going into Six’s story that it was going to be dark and bloody because regardless of his plan to live in the now…to make a go at a life about more than making other peo
Romance Readers Retreat
Aug 01, 2016 Romance Readers Retreat rated it it was amazing
I had been looking forward to reading about Six ever since we were first introduced to him in Ten (book 1) And I can say it satisfied me in every way possible. Six is a man fresh out of prison looking to seek revenge for those who wronged him and hurt someone he loved very dearly. Biding his time and rebuilding his life until the time is right, he won't let anyone get close to him beyond friendships. Then Misty walks through the door of his bar, becomes his new bar manager and Six really struggl ...more
Caro Richard
Jul 02, 2016 Caro Richard rated it it was amazing
What is it about a hot hunky man with the weight of guilt hanging round his shoulders? Six.....Tens friend and general sex on a stick, troubled type!

'Knowing my luck, it wasn’t likely she was in to casual sex, or filthy sex— fuck, I wanted to do all sorts of things to that sweet mouth of hers.'

ME, ME, IM HERE SIX, ready and waiting! Alas he was talking about Misty....she was just a lovely, funny leading lady, I loved her!

And this is their story. And its fantastic, well written, suspensey and HO
Diane Yoskowitz
Feb 08, 2016 Diane Yoskowitz rated it it was amazing
Holy Six I just read the perfect story that consumed me!! Six is Phenomenal!. A slightly darker read with a suspenseful sensual storyline!! I was obsessed with Six, the story and the man!!! When I was forced to put down my Kindle due to real life, Six was all I thought about. "what's going to happen?" Does he know?" Does he feel the same? Oh No what if this happens" ETC...to the point I had to sneak quick reads because I was dying to know what came next.. Then I got to the end and had all my ans ...more
Kat  Chadwick
Jul 11, 2016 Kat Chadwick rated it it was amazing
Ker wove a very unique story of love of various types and and on various levels, love lost, lust, revenge and how family sticks together and will do WHATEVER it takes to calm the soul of the victim, even if it means giving up apart of yourself.

Six is a man who has seen a lot, lived a lot, and life has taught him that love hurts, and can even kill. To him, he didn't want any part of that, until he meets one "innocent" girl, or so he thought, and he wasn't about to taint her, nor was he about to l
Aug 04, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
6 STARS

Let me start by saying, I love Ker's work. She's one of my favorite "dark" authors, and I've read everything she's written.

This is hands down, my favorite book of hers. And Six, by far, is my favorite character.

I was excited for his book after the first Men by Numbers book, Ten. It's there that we catch the first glimpse of him, and boy does that leave you wanting more. Thankfully Ker delivers!

Taylor Jake, aka Six has a brutal past, but he's managed to put it behind him and become a succe
Crystal Solis
Feb 06, 2016 Crystal Solis rated it it was amazing
I was so excited that SIX was coming...I just could not wait! When the copy finally arrived into my grubby hands (or more like onto my kindle) I was not surprised to find that Ker Dukey did not disappoint. I love, love, LOOOVED that super sexy, full packaged deal man, Six.
When Dalton (Ten) left with his woman (Alex), he left Taylor (Six) with his bar and his house. Six did not have a real family growing up in the foster care system, and he never forgot where he came from so he always seemed t
Heather R Callahan
Mar 26, 2016 Heather R Callahan rated it it was amazing
Six is the second book in her Men of Number’s series. It can be read as a standalone. Six grew up in foster care, in and out of different houses. He grew up seeing things I can’t even imagine. So it was no mystery why he joined a gang. It was easy money, fit his personality, and he felt like he belonged. But those choices when you are young sometimes haunt. His only friend was Hailey was punished for his connections. But Six isn’t a man to sit back and let things go unpunished, he will make them ...more
Tracy Smith Comerford
Jul 31, 2016 Tracy Smith Comerford rated it it was amazing
Another awesome twisted read by this author and i loved it, i honestly could not get enough of this book i mean don't get me wrong i totally wanted to belt Six over the damm head with something or shake the life outta him whatever works right ? he is so frustrating grrr but i totally love him, and i wanna mind him and he'll i'd totally have his babies ! SO HOT i could hardly put it down and Misty that chick is awesome lots of bite and id totally go Cray Cray for his love too so i'll overlook her ...more
Melissa Mendoza
Aug 07, 2016 Melissa Mendoza rated it it was amazing
"We've gone from denying there was anything between us to being full-fledged together, but I'm not complaining."

5 stars!!! Another great book for Ker!!!

I will be leaving my review vague, because I refuse to ruin this book for anyone. But if you are familiar with Ker's books, then you know exactly what you are getting your hands on. This book is packed full of darkness, twists, and complete suspense! I love this series and I can't get enough of it. And I know you'll feel the same way!!!

me alphabookclub
ARC provid
Christine
We first meet Six who is Ten's friend in the book (Ten, Men by Numbers book 1) and learn a little about him and how Ten met Six in prison this is Six's book and how he came to be the person he is.

I really enjoyed this book because we get to find out about Six's past. We learned a little about him in Ten's book but it made me want to learn his story. Six has a sad past but he did what he did out of love and vengeance. We also meet Six's love interest Misty. She has the hots for him and so does h
Tracey
Mar 07, 2016 Tracey rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!!!
I was so excited to read six and Ker didn't let me down, six is a hot bodied and dirty mouthed former gang member who's been in prison and had a hard upbringing but is turning his life around for the better, we met him in Ten and wow just wow I actually want to read more lol.
There's drama and danger, sadness and flipping hell there's sexy, a whole lotta sexy
Vickie
Feb 08, 2016 Vickie rated it it was amazing
Six.....*swoon*
Review to come.
Erica
Jul 25, 2017 Erica rated it it was amazing
Once again Ker Dukey doesn't disappoint. This book sucked me in and I had to read it from start to finish in one day. This story is about Six who you briefly saw in Ten. You follow his demons from beginning to end and hope he gets his happily ever after. If you love sin, sex, and death...you will love this book!
Mazmum
Aug 27, 2016 Mazmum rated it really liked it
Book Review - Six by Ker Dukey - 4 Love Hurts & Heals

From the minute we are introduced to Six in Ten, I was invested - desperate to find out his back story and how he moved on from losing the love of his life.

In Six, we go all the way back to the beginning to find out what went down. There is a lot more to the original story than would first appear and as we flick between past and present, you see how much the past still haunts Six.

In the present, we have Misty, whom Six doesn’t want to be d
  • Across the Ring
  • Bad Nanny (The Bad Nanny Trilogy, #1)
  • Against the Grain (Against, #2)
  • A Veil of Vines
  • Illusions of Evil
  • Silent Scars
  • Dubious (Bitter Vine, #1)
  • Thick & Thin (Thin Love, #3)
  • Thief of Hearts (Hearts, #5)
  • Bet with a Bad Boy
  • The Other Side
  • Thunderclaw (Alien Warrior, #2)
  • Survival
  • Gravity
  • Crave
  • With Visions of Red (With Visions of Red: Broken Bonds #3)
  • Harley & Rose
  • Merrick

Ker Dukey, Is based in the UK, where she lives with her husband and small children and also their beloved Goldendoodle, Murphy (who has yet to discover he isn't, in fact, a human)

When she's not lost in the world of her characters or being Mum, Ker likes to read and catch up with her followers on social media.

My books all tend to be darker romance, an edge of your seat, angst-filled reads. My adv
More about Ker Dukey...

Men by Numbers (2 books)
  • Ten (Men by Numbers, #1)

“Until the moon stops shining above you and the sun ceases to rise from beneath, and even then, in all that darkness…I’ll still love you.” 1 likes
“Vengeance comes at a price, are you willing to pay it?” 0 likes