Start by marking “Opposites Attract (The Locklaine Boys #2; a Love Hate Relationship spinoff)” as Want to Read:
Opposites Attract (The Locklaine Boys #2; a Love Hate Relationship spinoff)

Opposites Attract (The Locklaine Boys #2)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  704 Ratings  ·  98 Reviews
Delilah Northcutt has been described as weird, nerdy. But her favorite term is quirky. The eccentric flower shop owner definitely marches to the beat of her own drum. On the rebound from a cheating ex, she’s not looking to open her heart to someone else any time soon. On a whim, her best friend convinces her that one night with a stranger she’ll never see again is just wha ...more
Published August 8th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Opposites Attract, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Opposites Attract

Jen
4++++ Guaranteed Stars

You know what I always say, a man wants a lady in the street and a freak in the sheets… It’s like what they say about mullets, only way better.”

So here's the deal; In the last sixish months I've read at least four but probably closer to six Jessica Prince books (thank you, Kindle Unlimited). In scientific terms, that's a boatload. Want to know what my research has found? They all rock somthing fierce!

I bring this up because I tend to slack on writing reviews for non-arc re
Leonor
Aug 08, 2016 rated it liked it
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So, one a scale of one to ten, how creepy would it be to propose to Jessica Prince based off this awesome AF book?

Anything less than a five and I'm going for it. Because HOLY SHIT, did I love Opposites Attract.

Seriously, I don't think this book could have been more perfect for me. It had all the things and all the feels that make me love reading, and left me feeling practically giddy. And also, desperate for more, more, more from this author. (Truth time: I stopped about 15% into this book to gr
Lea ★
I received an ARC of this book through Love Affair With Fiction for an honest review.
My ladies, you will love this!

One night stand. Two neighbours. A dog called Slim Shady?!
It's a winning combo!
I had fun reading this. Like, really enjoyed myself.
I love when a rom com leaves me blushing and smiling at the same time. After reading few really dark and gritty books in the past few days, I really needed this.

Opposites Attract by Jessica Prince is a new novel in The Locklaine Boys series, and don'
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
Esta autora realmente me fisgou com as histórias criadas. Comecei um livro por acaso e fiquei curiosa sobre os outros personagens e fui lendo um por um.
Eu me diverti muito com a leitura e a interação entre os personagens foi muito interessante.
Tudo começou com uma transa de uma só noite e com o reencontro como vizinhos de apartamento.
Amei a heroína.
Recomendo muito.
-------
This author really hooked me up with the stories created. I started a book and I was curious about the other characters and I
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-arc
4.0 "My Delilah" Stars!!!

Oh sweet fudgecicles!!!
Opposites Attract by Jessica Prince is one of the cutest story I had the pleasure of reading. The romance and comedy combined together had me captured since the very beginning until the end. It's like watching a movie so sweet you don't want to blink even once afraid to miss a single scene. That and having glimpses of other Locklaine guys and I was hoot!!! *Fanning

So, all of these started as best-friends' goal to be sinfully sexy in an adorable qui
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
4.5 Stars!

Delilah Northcutt meet the Locklaine boys! This is book 2 of the Locklaine Boys series; it’s a standalone, although, we continue to get glimpses of the whole gang. Delilah is your quirky neighbor. She’s a snorter, eccentric, and wears thick glasses, but somehow she’s got Mr. Hot Richard Locklaine, wrapped around her fingers. After a one night stand, Richard and Delilah can’t seem to forget each other and now they find themselves neighbors. They are complete opposites, but opposites att
Franci Neill
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 One Night of Passion Leads to a Lifetime of Love Stars!!!

To say that I was excited when I heard we were getting Richard's book would be putting it mildly. I'm a huge fan of Ms. Prince and of this series. Delilah and Richard truly are opposites and reading this book, watching their relationship build, especially after how they met, made me so very happy!

Delilah is trying to get over her cheating SOB fiancé and what better way to do this than to let your crazy BFF convince you to wear this dar
Liz
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am quickly becoming a huge fan of the romantic comedy genre. They are fun to read and leave you with a happy overall feeling. That is exactly what Opposites Attract by Jessica Prince was to me. I loved the story, the characters, the banter and all the shenanigans. I just kept laughing out loud.

In Opposites Attract, which is Book 2 in The Locklaine Boys series, a spin-off to Love Hate Relationship, which I also loved, we get Richard’s story. Richard, who is a very straight and narrow and no no
Micah
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was a breath of fresh air! Anyone that knows me, knows I love a good romantic comedy! Any this one delivers! I love love love Jessica Prince and I feel like I could never be disappointed by one of her books.

I feel like I've read a lot of books with florists recently! We have Delilah, who is now running her family's flower shop. Her parents retired and she loves her job. At the beginning of the book, she had recently broken up with her fiance after finding out he'd been sleeping around
Wendy Livingstone
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review.
I really loved this story, and the humorous aspects added to my enjoyment. Delilah who is an eccentric flower show owner, and Richard who is jaded after his recent divorce, meet on a one night stand. After a hot and steamy night, he wakes up alone. Neither of them can get the other out of their heads, until they meet again in the most unexpected way.
This is a fun and entertaining read, and I highly recommend reading this authors work. Looking forward to rea
~Dawn~TUG
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love everything about this series..I can't wait for the next one. Easy to read, to connect with..the kind of story that you leave with a smile on your face and your heart full.
Thuy (tweezyreads)
I've read this book multiple times and I lovvve it every single time. I love this whole series, all the characters, everything. LOVE!!!! Richard and Delilah were opposite and its perfect!!!! Don't even hesitate, just read it!! All the Locklaine boys are so lovable and all so funny. Read it!
Paula  Phillips
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you are needing a quirky romance story to read filled with laughs , then Jessica Prince's Book #2 in the Locklaine Boys series - Opposites Attract is the read for you . As someone who has been called quirky and wears glasses and loves a variety of music including Taylor Swift , I felt right at home with the main female lead - Delilah. The novel starts off with Delilah finding out who boyfriend is cheating on her and so with her best friend Devon dress up to the nines and go clubbing. It is he ...more
Diane plourde
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I've basically read all of Jessica Prince's books and have had the pleasure of reviewing quite a few advance readers copies also. So you can say she's one of my favorite authors. From one book to the next, when I don't think it could be possible, she surprises me with yet another more amazing story. Don't get me wrong all her books are amazing but this one was by far my favorite. I think Slim Shady might have something to do with it.

I freaking love Jessica Prince but she's killing me here. He
BookSmacked
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh good lord I think I'm in love with Jessica Prince.

This book was absolutely fucking awesome. A little bit a of sweet mixed in with some piss your pants moments.

Throw in a man that won't take no and bam you have yourself a winner in my eyes.

I am actually sad that I read this already and have to wait for the next book. I'm feeling a little like an addict that needs her next fix immediately.

Fav fav line "Friend's don't give friends erections!" and "King Kong ain't got shit on me!." These two li
Rv
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

I love every one of Ms. Prince's books, just add this one to one of her best. Looking forward to Devon's story.
Danielle
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
review to come
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
5 One Night of Passion Leads to a Lifetime of Love Stars!!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill

Reba
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
These books not only have a great story but also a great cast of characters. This is a romantic comedy with less sexy times than the first but the characters and lol moments mean you don't miss it much. Continued characters, HEA with epilogue. 5 stars if the books were just longer. Recommend reading!
Becca
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars - Jessica Prince delivers another smart, sexy, and totally sassy RomCom with Opposites Attract. From their smoking hot first night to the hilariously awkward subsequent encounters, Delilah and Richard’s story is utterly amusing and so full of feels. I absolutely adored the chemistry between these two. They were such an unlikely duo and yet somehow Jessica Prince made them sizzle. Their story was wrought with witty banter, blush-inducing encounters, and a delicious tension that could no ...more
David Maher
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
After the finalization of his divorce, Richard Locklaine has absolutely no plans to enter into anything like that kind of relationship again. As was revealed in the book that the Locklaine Boys series is spun off from, Love Hate Relationship, his marriage was a nightmare, and now that he's free from it, that's exactly how he intends to live ... free.

That doesn't stop him from becoming entranced by a beauty in a red dress that he encounters and shares a torrid night of passion with. For weeks aft
Lucia
Witty contemporary RomCom which will have you chuckling along with these two crazy but quirky characters

Opposites Attract is a witty contemporary romantic comedy which will have you chuckling along with these two crazy but quirky opposites attract characters as they try to figure out all the wonderful things that come with attraction and romance after a one night stand turns into something so much more. I have no doubt this book will leave you with a smile on your face and is a perfect feel-good
Beth
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I laughed, I cried...

And it's getting repetitive but I have to say it...another winning entry in this series of fantastic characters. My only complaint is that we don't get nearly enough of all the wonderful characters we've been introduced to this far.

This is yet another great example of an author developing her characters in such a way that the reader comes to feel like they are real people and to care for them in that way. Delilah is a wonderful character you'd want as your friend and while i
Rhi
As the second book in Ms. Prince's Locklaine Boys series, you don't need to have read the first to enjoy the characters. Ms. Prince does an admirable job of introducing you to the series without bogging the reader down with information overload.

This book centers around Delilah and Richard. When the two meet, they have both just gotten out of a bad relationship. Delilah's best friend and roommate, Devon, has convinced her that the best way to enjoy her newly single status is to have a great one
Miriam
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well...

This is one of those stories you have to read. Like, a review isn't gonna cut it, you know?

Take the main characters. Total opposites. Staunchy, rigid, by the books. Carefree, outspoken, bold. I don't know what the universe says about attraction (how it's supposed to work) but man! These two opposite souls are meant to be.

Thing is, they'd already been there and done that. The one night stand Richard and Delilah share is off the charts explosive. You can't rate their compatibility on a scal
Charlene Maurice
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When Delilah’s best friend convinces her that she needs to have a one night stand, Delilah is a little reluctant at first, until she sees him. After a night of passion like she has never known before, she sneaks out not even knowing his name and now three months later regrets it. An unexpected visit at the flower shop from her one night stand sends her into shock when she finds out that he is the fiancé of the bride she is working for but also he doesn’t recognize her from their night together.
Jill
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars for book two in the Locklaine Boys series which is a spin-off of Love Hate Relationship but can be read as a complete stand alone. Although I strongly suggest you pick up both Fire & Ice and Love Hate Relationship since those were both hysterical rom-coms too.

Delilah Northcutt is adorable in her own geeky-chic kind of way. She owns and operates a flower shop. Has an addiction to rap music and is the momma to a bichon frise named Slim Shady. Delilah was content in life until her jer
Emma
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5
Opposites Attract has such fun quirky characters, I absolutely adored them, especially Delilah

At her best friends encouragement to erase the memory of her cheating ex, Delilah embarks on a hot and steamy night with a stranger. Except fate has other plans in store for her; unable to forget the incredible night she spent with a stranger, Delilah is more than a little shocked when said stranger walks into her flower shop to collect the flowers for a wedding. Unfortunately, making the assumpti
Born and raised around Houston, Jessica is a self proclaimed caffeine addict, connoisseur of inexpensive wine, and the worst driver in the state of Texas. In addition to being all of these things, she’s first and foremost a wife and mom.
Growing up, she shared her mom and grandmother’s love of reading. But where they leaned toward murder mysteries, Jessica was obsessed with all things romance.
Whe
More about Jessica Prince

The Locklaine Boys (3 books)
  • Fire & Ice (The Locklaine Boys, #1)
  • Almost Perfect (The Locklaine Boys, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be