Start by marking “I Love Science: A Journal for Self-Discovery and Big Ideas” as Want to Read:
I Love Science: A Journal for Self-Discovery and Big Ideas

I Love Science: A Journal for Self-Discovery and Big Ideas

A guided journal based on Rachel Ignotofsky's New York Times bestselling book Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World.
Full of writing, drawing, and creativity prompts, I Love Science inspires kids (and adults) of all ages to fill the pages with ideas, self-exploration, and big dreams for the future. With inspirational quotes from notable female scientists and nifty sci
Published March 7th 2017 by Ten Speed Press

To ask other readers questions about I Love Science, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love Science

Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V.
This is something I would love to have a physical copy of! It has everything from a copy of the table of elements, to number and metric conversions, as well as definitions that you can go back to and reference. It was really just a fun journal style book that it focused on science and learning.

Received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Katie Simmons
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I Love Science is a journal for those with a love of science. The scientific method, physics formulas, star charts, periodic table, star charts, and more start the book. Pages to write or draw things that come into your mind, or answer questions. Wonderful pictures, quotes, and color though out!

Even though it is not available for another month, I wish that I would have had access to it when I was just starting my scientific journey. Perfect for anyone wanting to go into science and w
Grace
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it
A cute, useful notebook for kids to discover science. I was given one, but I had to buy another for my nieces. I'm giving them the one I was given because it's a bit too girly for me, but it's right up their alley. :3
Sharon Tyler
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I Love Science: A Journal for Self Discovery and Big Ideas by Rachel Ignotofsky is currently scheduled for release on March 7 2017. This is a guided journal for young women and girls based the author's illustrated book Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World.Both books encourage young women and girls to ponder the world and the daily ins and outs of their
lives. Opening with a short reference section that contains basic equations, the periodic table, basic HTML codes, a
Ilana
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Inspiring and encourging girls to pursue a career in science continues to be a challenge and not always the first option considered by parents and educators. We are set forth into the 21st century, but prejudices and second thoughts when it comes to a career in science - couple of steps up to the professional ladder than teaching sciences in primary school - deter many girls to follow a career they dream about.
Designed as a journal, I Love Science aims to offer the basis for a smooth take
Emma Lunsford
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great companion to "Women in Science." It's technically a journal, but includes so much more than STEM or life questions and the blank spaces provided to answer them. I love all the reference pages in the beginning that are full of formulas, tables, and codes. Not to mention, the art and illustrations are absolutely gorgeous as well. Perfect for a daughter, a niece, a grandchild, or anyone really!

Thanks to Netgalley and Ten Speed Press for the copy.
Marzie
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-net-galley
Fabulous! This is an inspiring book to give our daughters and granddaughters. As a PhD Chemist, Ignotofsky had me with the first 19 pages of units, conversions and formulas! But this book is so much more. It encourages deep thought, observations, and identification of strengths and goals.

Strongly recommended.
GONZA
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A journal to fill up with ideas, invention and discoveries. The perfect gift for a young adult to broaden his/her world. Lovely.

Un diario da riempire con idee, invenzioni e scoperte. Il regalo migliore per un ragazzo o una ragazza in modo da ampliare i suoi orizzonti. Bellissimo

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVEIW!
Donna Maguire
I would have loved a book like this when I was at school, it has a great layout and the fact sheets and information at the beginning are brilliant. The quotes even now I found very inspirational and I would highly recommend this.
Bee Scarlett
Nov 22, 2018
Abigail Ainley
Sep 11, 2016
Watslet
Amazing female role models, and information that gives you a brief idea of their path. Makes you want to find out more about each of these talented women.
Kelly
Sabrina
Dec 21, 2016
Tricia
Dec 25, 2016
Rachel Ignotofsky grew up in New Jersey on a healthy diet of cartoons and pudding. She graduated with honors from Tyler School of Art’s graphic design program in 2011. Now she lives in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, where she spends all day drawing and learning as much as she can. She has a passion for taking dense information and making it fun and accessible and is dedicated to creating educati ...more