Start by marking “Married by Contract” as Want to Read:
Married by Contract

Married by Contract

Three years into a five-year marriage of convenience, Jenn finds herself wanting something she never thought she'd want from her laid-back, ex-military husband. Sex--as a much-needed release of tension from her high-stress job. But weekly sex with Nick, despite their careful parameters, is likely to get messy eventually.

Ever since her father walked out on her as a child,
Published July 20th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Married by Contract, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Married by Contract

Vanessa
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love stories about arranged marriages. And this was such a cute one!! :)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
The title of this books is pretty self explanatory. I wanted to read this book because I'm always intrigued about this type of story line. I'm curious how the author explains the need for a marriage of convenience and ofcourse I love to read how it always ends up in true love.

Noelle Adams did a very good job in this short novella. She took two totally opposite people who probably never would have ever considered they were compatible and take a chance on anything real. Having this marriage of con
Maria Rose
I really enjoyed this marriage of convenience romance! Jenn and Nick are 3 years into a 5 year contractual agreement for their marriage when sex suddenly comes into the bargain. For Jenn who worries about abandonment, being in control of the situation and keeping her heart out of the picture is the way to prevent getting hurt. But once she and Nick start sleeping together, things change. I loved the two of them together. Nick is able to coax Jenn out of her shell and show her how much good sex c ...more
Maree Repa
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to read this book from only this amazing title, Married by Contract. I just knew that I'd had to read it. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Such an amazing story. I found it so hard to put down at the end.

This is most the wonderful love story. Both Nick and Jenn who have known each over ever since they were both young, growing up in Minnesota. And now working. When Nick suddenly announces that they should marry and have a five year contract. Just maybe it could help with their str
KathyB
I love MOC books and this one was pretty good, especially for a shorter story. The plot was unique featuring a rich, workaholic woman, and a laid back hero. Probably won't work for those that love alpha males, but overall it was entertaining.

3.5+ Stars

Three Chicks
Jul 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Review by Trinette Dungee

Jenn and Nick have been married for three years. For three years they’ve co-existed providing each other with all the needs and support that a husband and wife should. Expect one thing, sex. That’s right they’ve been married for three years and have never had sex with each other.

Jenn and Nick grew up in the same town but never really hung out together. One night during a chance encounter when they both returned to their hometown they discover that each of them has a pro
Deborah
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jenn is three years into a five year marriage of convenience contract. She finds herself wanting more-much more, from her super laid-back private investigator husband. She has a very high-stress job and finds that sex is a necessary tension reliever. When Nick suggests weekly "appointments" both take steps to keep it from getting too intimate. They think...

Jenn's father walked out on her family at an early age. She never wants to have that abandoned feeling again, so she doesn't give all of hers
Ava
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodread-2016
It was cute, lovely.
The plot was very very different! So, I really liked this novella.
Even with a plot about a fake marriage for money, it wasn't as expected, not for the inheritance, pleasing dying folks, wasn't zillionaire guys.
The guy was somehow perfect, he knew his place in life, understood situations. And got his own style of bedding clothes.
*~* Susie
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
Sweet, short novella about an unconventional start to a relationship. It was OK, but the connection between these two was a little blah. I had a hard time believing that they went three years with no romantic relationship whatsoever. Overall I gave it almost 2 stars.

Thanks to NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
MsKingsPens
This was a gender flipped version of A Negotiated Marriage and frankly, ANM was better.

Nick knew Jenn had abandonment issues and he kept promising he would never leave her. There is an accident, her reaction scares her and she tries to retreat into her work (literally just go into work early). What does he do? Pack his stuff up and tell her he hoped she would change. She goes back to work, peps herself up and ends up begging him not to leave her. He was just as upset and ashamed that he'd even
Sania
Standalone/Cliffhanger: Standalone
Ages of H and h: In their early 30s?
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex &/Or Drama Between H/h With OW/OM: (view spoiler)
>>If So, Before or After H/h Hookup: (view spoiler)
Contains Cheating: (view spoiler)
Heather Cicio
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. This is a short but very sweet story about a couple that agree on a marriage of convenience, both for their own reasons and for a specific amount of time. After years of fighting a physical attraction they agree to add sex to the contract. This is great until feelings become involved changing everything. One of them falls harder than the other, or did they?? It is a light, quick read that I finished in a couple of hours and was lef ...more
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Okay, so I usually love marriage by convenience type of books. Specially the part we get to see them falling in love. But this one was quite bland for my tastes.

It was an okay book, but it's missing a big conflict, plus it seemed like there was a previous book we should have read, because the story started kind of "late".

Overal it was a cute book,,but it's missing a lot for me. It was well written though, so that's why I gave it 1 star more tha
Irene Sim
I know I'm a sucker for "Marriage of convenience" theme books, but I have to keep some quality on the things I read. I loved some of her books but this one was so predictable and lacked of originality.
Heather andrews
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book, it was a quick charming read. I loved Nick, he was not a stupid man when his wife was eager he was all too pleased to hop on that train, “why the hell wouldn’t I be home tonight ? Am I crazy?” He reached out for her and dragged her into his bedroom, kissing her hard and deep."
JoAnna G
Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Bookgyrl
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jenn and Nick have been married for 3 years. But they don't have an ordinary marriage; they made a deal to be married for 5 years. Both stood to gain from it. Jenn is sort of an workaholic and Nick is a PI, after being in the military.
Because Jenn is having stress headaches, Nick starts to give her massages and one thing leads to an amendment of their contract: sex once a week is now allowed.

As ridiculous as it sounds, the story is actually told in a very plausible way. Jenn and Nick are likeab
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
A five year contract, no mess, no fuzz, all nice and clean without complications. Jenn and Nick agreed to a marriage of convenience. What do they get out of it? Jenn gets to add "married" to her public image and Nick gets to pay off his start up seed money for his business. What could possibly go wrong?

These two characters could not possibly be more different. He appears to be laid back and easy going, while she is a bundle of energy, activity, and stress. What apparently appears to be working i
Isha Coleman
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Noelle Adams has two main constants in any story that she writes:

(1.) There will be tears.

(2.) Each unique story is well written to exquisite perfection.

I received an ARC of Married by Contract in exchange for an honest review. It's hard not to get personally involved in a story where so much heartache is prevalent. Nick and Jenn are in a marriage of convenience that provides security and friendship but nothing more. Past hurts and self doubt keep each from giving love a try. What happens when t
Gökçe
Sep 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
Yorum girmeyecektim ama sonra dönüp de kendi kendime "ben bu kitabı niye sevmemişim ya?" dersem diye yazayım.

Oğlanla kadın sırf kadının işi için daha evcimen görünmesi için evleniyorlar. Kadın adamın borçlarını kapatıyor. Bakınız Flaw no.1. Sonra üç sene aynı evin içinde kardeş kardeş yaşamış bu insanlar 3. senede çok azınca işi pişirelim diyor. Bkz: Flaw no.2 bir diğer sıkıntı da evlilik süresince cinsel ihtiyaçlarını biriyle çıkarak değil de eskortlarla gidermeleri konusunda anlaşmaları. WTF?!
Helen
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this story. Loved the characters of both Nick and Jenn.
Both of them had hard times in there past, Jenn's in her childhood so she likes everything by the rules so she won't be hurt again and Nick's during his time in the army. The marriage was suppose to last just 5 years in Jenn's contract but the best laid plans can go off course.
This story is fast paced and doesn't drag at all, up there with the best of this author's stories.
A story of taking a chance.
I was lucky enough to re
Kim
Jul 24, 2016 rated it liked it
I love Adam's marriage of convenience books, but always feel like they could benefit from the male character's POV. Married by Contract had me feeling the same way. Jenn's growth as a character was done well, but left me feeling confused about Nick and his emotional arc. It felt like 50% of the story was missing. Their story and relationship would have felt so much stronger and realistic to me had Nick's POV been included.
Gisele
Jun 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute. Her other book with this same trope, A Negotiated Marriage is better.
Stacie Marquart
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Great author.
Graylark
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sweet, feel-good
This was just a warm, cuddly book full of good feelings.
Sophie (Blogger)
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jenn has never done anything by the book, so when she runs into Nick back in their hometown it doesn't take long for them to both realise that they each have something the other can benefit from going forward. Getting married seemed to have solved both of their problems, now three years into their five year marriage of convenience, things have started to take a turn.
When the subject of sex is bought up, they both agree that it will benefit them both although neither of them expected how much se
CB Loves Books
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a book you read when you want something laid-back, with compelling characters, and a marriage of convenience with an interesting dynamic. Most of the ‘marriage of convenience’ books I’ve read typically have a wealthy man who convinces a woman to marry him and then she falls in love and must find a way (or wait patiently) for him to reveal the feelings he develops.

In Married By Contract, the roles are reversed. The female lead is the one with money who initiates the marriage. She’s marrie
Heidi Dover
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: liked
Liked, but still not sure what the trigger was to start the physical intimacy. They'd been married for three years, woke up and suddenly wanted sex with each other (never saw or felt the build up), then the heroine was all angsty about it because she didn't want to ruin the next two years of their contract and really had a thing I didn't get about only being able to have sex and stipulate din the amended contact. I get that was supposed to show a part of her personality, but it felt weirdish to ...more
  • Drawn Deeper (Lockhart Brothers, #3)
  • Maxen (Kinky Shine, #2)
  • Her Greatest Mistake
  • Honor Bound (The Protectors, #2)
  • Puck Buddies (Puck Buddies, #1)
  • Mr. Mysterious (Mister, #4)
  • The End of Me
  • Fighting to Be Free (Fighting To Be Free, #1)
  • Love Addicts Anonymous: Part One
  • Hitched: Volume Three (Imperfect Love, #3)
  • Someone like You (Oxford, #3)
  • Love Assaulted (Skulls of Angels MC, #1)
  • Infatuation (Underground Kings #4)
  • Stroked (Stroked, #1)
  • Untitled (Rusk University, #5)
  • The Argument
  • Code Red Christmas (The Coach's Boys #5)
  • Harley & Rose
Noelle handwrote her first romance novel in a spiral-bound notebook when she was twelve, and she hasn't stopped writing since. She has lived in eight different states and currently resides in Virginia, where she teaches English, reads any book she can get her hands on, and offers tribute to a very spoiled cocker spaniel.

She loves travel, art, history, and ice cream. After spending far too many yea