Start by marking “Seeking Incandescence” as Want to Read:
Seeking Incandescence

Seeking Incandescence

Inno shouldn't exist. But she does. She is very real. Born illegally outside of the breeding facilities, she has been raised to believe that it is her duty to infiltrate Ares Academy and take down the government. But can she fit in with the obedient masses of the military? Pepper should be dead. She should have had her memories wiped and been placed on the streets to die. ...more
Published June 16th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Seeking Incandescence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seeking Incandescence

Kristen Flood
Feb 07, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Go to kristenfloodbooks.com for your free ebook.
description
Hiro
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An entertaining and gut-wrenching story about a child raised in captivity, a prisoner to a cold and harsh government that does not allow family, friends, or love, this book filled me simultaneously with dread and joy after each turned page. Pepper, Inno and Mint have very different backgrounds, but they all really want the same thing: to do what they think is right. Sadly, they don't always agree on what that is. If I could give more than 5 stars, I would.
Nicholas Adams
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I first became aware of Seeking Incandescence after becoming acquainted with the author, Kristen Flood, on Twitter. The description, highlighting three separate protagonists, intrigued me. So, I downloaded a copy and started reading.

I'm no expert. So, this review is just one aspiring writer's opinion. Take it with a healthy dose of metaphorical salt.

This novel follows Inno (a girl), Mint (a boy), and Pepper (a girl), as they navigate a hostile, militarized post-apocalyptic world where the State
Jessica Bronder
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a dystopian world controlled by the government. The only kids born are in breeding programs and people are placed by the government for their jobs. Inno was born illegally and trained to take down the government. Pepper was supposed to be destroyed but she was immune and has now become a spy. Then there is Mint, he is a sent to Ares Academy to become the perfect soldier. But what happens if that is not what they want. Will they have the strength to fight back?

I really enjoy dystopian st
emily
Seeking Incandescence is a really intriguing story. As a young adult, I feel like this book is a perfect YA book. Full of action and three pretty rad main charters, any book loving teen will enjoy this. I do think that this a typical book, if that makes sense, I wasn't exactly surprised or shocked. It felt cliche at some parts, but overall it's written well. The three main charters, Inno, Pepper and Mint are their own and I really enjoyed the POV change. It wasn't confusing and it's always nice ...more
Elaine