Start by marking “Trust Me I Lie” as Want to Read:
Trust Me I Lie

Trust Me I Lie

When Milla Graham arrives in the picture-perfect village of Buckley, she tells everyone she’s investigating the murder of her mother who died eighteen years ago. But there’s already one Milla Graham buried in the churchyard and another about to be found dead in the derelict family mansion.

Obviously she’s lying.

Detective Inspector Ben Taylor has no life outside the poli
Published June 21st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Trust Me I Lie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trust Me I Lie

Start your review of Trust Me I Lie
Chelsea Humphrey
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: from-publisher
Find more of my reviews on my blog: https://thesuspenseisthrillingme.com

Date Read: 07/27/16
Pub Date: 06/21/16

5 STARS

Obviously she’s lying.

Detective Inspector Ben Taylor has no life outside the police force. Ev
Lee
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Milla Graham, who is she really? Ben Taylor is first introduced to Milla when he knocks her over in the street. Not being hurt Milla gets up and gives Ben a piece of her mind, this is the beginning of a relationship that Ben would rather not happen but one he will find himself totally unable to walk away from, even if he wanted to. Ben does not trust Milla and believes her reasons for being in Buckley are not what she says, especially when there is another Milla Graham buried in the local cemetr ...more
booksofallkinds
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ben Taylor is having a really bad day - travelling back home after having yet another row with his ex-wife, not having his little girl Sophie with him, and now a rainstorm to top things off. But when he rounds a corner and hits a woman that is walking in the middle of the road, life is going to get a lot more complicated for Ben.

Milla Graham has fabricated many life stories since she was a child, and when she finds herself in the home of the local policeman, Ben, it is only natural that she cont
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: s-my-e-books
I definitely feel like I fell down the proverbial rabbit hole. This book focuses on a publishing family - one that publishes children's tales and there are a lot of references to Alice in Wonderland. The family had a tragic past with lots of lies and secrets and indiscretions. The author pretty much makes you feel like you are Alice as you read through this book - which for me wasn't all that fun.

It's one of those books that seems to have so much going for it and yet I struggled to read it and d
Terry Tyler
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by me as a member of Rosie Amber's Review Team

Trust Me I Lie ~ a hard one to categorise; it's lighter than a serious crime solving, too edgy and current for a cosy mystery (a point in its favour, in my book), and even the quite dark stuff is written with a fairly light hand; yes, I'd class it as a 'light mystery with romantic undertones', if a seriously dysfunctional family with a hundred and one secrets and a few murders can be described as light!

It starts when Good Cop Ben Taylor is d
Wendy
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 4.5 / 5

First things first, that cover looks all lovely and innocent, doesn’t it? Well that’s the first deceit right there, as beneath it lies a twisty little bleeder of a plot that’s constantly trying to evade you! There are so many intricacies to it that are loosely based on what is perceived to be the truth, what is proven fact (ha! You think?!), and what you can only put down to a vague tingly gut feeling. How to keep up with the constant shifting sands when practically every c
Rachel Gilbey
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just who is the real Milla Graham?

Is she the 6 year old girl who died in a tragic fire 18 years ago, which wiped out most of her family?

Is she the 24 year old girl who has just been found murdered, back in the house that is now derelict from the family?

or...

Is she the girl who is definitely alive and kicking, claiming to be Milla, who has run into DI Ben Taylor in odd circumstances and now their paths keep crossing? Only one thing about this one, she claims she lies a lot, so what can you rea
Suraya Dewing
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am writing this review as part of Rosies Book Review team and I received a free copy.
This novel starts predictably when the hero, policeman Ben, and heroine, heiress Milla stumble across each other on a stormy night. She is on the road, wet and bedraggled.
‘He hit the brakes and then he hit her.’ (11)
This is policeman Ben’s first encounter with Milla.
He was fuming over his tense meeting with his ex-wife and distracted. It all sounds familiar right down to his seeing through Milla’s lies and no
Stephanie Jane (Literary Flits)
I enjoyed reading Nemesis by Louise Marley last year so was eager to buy her new crime thriller when I saw it released. There are similarities between Nemesis and Trust Me I Lie with both novels being driven by the solution of a past crime and the revelation of family secrets. We also have an amazing heroine here in Milla Graham, a devious and mouthy young woman who is sorely lacking in social niceties. She is great fun to read although I did struggle to remember that she was supposed to be in h ...more
Carol
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I do like an unreliable heroine! (Just who is Milla Graham?) And how many lies can one woman get away with? Or is she actually lying? A bemused cop & lots of lovely plot twists too!
I also like being taken out of my reading comfort zone, not least when aspects of the story enchant me. (The fairytale references are a lovely touch.) A great summer read by a writer in control of her craft.
Olga Miret
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mysteries, fairy tales, false identities and an unlikely couple. I am writing this review as part of Rosie’s Book Review Team. Thanks to the author for providing me a free copy of the novel in exchange for an unbiased review and to Rosie for the opportunity.
I try to read in a variety of genres (it’s good to keep the brain on its toes, so to speak, and since I joined Rosie’s team I’ve been tempted by the varied offerings of titles I might not have come across otherwise). But whilst for some genre
Micayla Lally
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book kept me guessing til the very end.
Anniek
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Milla has learned very early in life to lie. She has to lie about everything. Does that make Milla a pathological liar or a survivor? Milla doesn't stay long in the same place. She usually rents a place, moves from city to city and leaves in the middle of the night to avoid paying for anything. Milla is a journalist and writes about music events on a blog. On a stormy night she meets police officer Ben after he hit her with his car.

Milla has returned to Buckley. The place where her mother was mu
Jessica Jesinghaus
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Check out this review, and many more, on my blog https://jessjesinghaus.wordpress.com

5 out of 5 stars

What a twisted, tangled web! And I positively loved it! Trust Me I Lie was a real page-turner. I devoured this book and loved every single page.

DCI Ben Taylor tries to live a simple life: by the book, predictable, his only excitement stemming from the occasional dispute with his ex-wife. That is, until he (literally) runs into a woman in the middle of the road on a dark and stormy night. Milla G
Elizabeth Lloyd
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy character-driven novels, but a book with a compelling plot is appealing. In “Trust Me I Lie” we have both. Ben Taylor is a policeman with a heart, a Detective inspector who acts like a Knight in shining armour, but Milla Graham is a more complex person. She admits to being a liar, frequently breaks the law but has great charisma and charm. Her determination to solve a crime, which took place 18 years earlier when she was 6, takes Ben to the brink of losing his career and endangers ...more
Jeanette Ford
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Louise Marley just gets better and better! I thought Nemesis was brilliant and I didn’t think she would come up with another just as brilliant, if not more so, but she has.
Ben is thoroughly bemused by the woman who claims to be Camilla Graham, especially as a woman has just been discovered dead in an abandoned mansion in the middle of some woods who appears to have the identity of Camilla Graham. Ben doesn’t know whether he’s coming or going – or whether Milla is coming or going either!
Not want
Zoe Hartgen
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Firstly, I want to thank Louise for giving me a copy in exchange for me review.

I picked this up once the child had gone to bed, and the next thing I knew it was 1 in the morning and I'd finished it. I just couldn't stop reading it.

Straight away, I liked Ben. I don't know why I took to him straight away but I did. Milla was an excellent character as well, she was honest, likeable, and quite easy to relate to as well. I didn't really take a massive liking to every one else, they were all liars - k
Rachel (Rae)
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing

My thoughts:

The characters in this book are well developed and entertaining. Milla was very intriguing and she was well written. She was witty, feisty and she kept me on my toes. At times I wondered if what she was saying was the truth, lie or a half truth. I thought Ben was great, I loved their interactions together. He was solid, strong and determined.

I loved the mystery running throughout the book it kept me wondering and questioning things. I didn't know what to believe half the time. I kep
Annie Burrows
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-thriller
I really enjoyed reading this who dunnit (or was it a who dun what? or even a who is the heroine, really?) Anyway, enough plot twists to keep the most serious crime fan guessing until the mystery is finally unravelled.
Valerie-Anne Baglietto
Oct 21, 2017
carol sams
Feb 15, 2017
Olya
rated it did not like it
Oct 03, 2019

• Unspeakable Things
  • The Perfect Child
  • Blood Orange
  • The Holiday
  • The Rosie Result (Don Tillman, #3)
  • Impostor (Alexander Gregory Thrillers, #1)
  • Crown of Lies (Truth and Lies Duet, #1)
  • Fractured (Will Trent, #2)
  • The Museum of Desire (Alex Delaware, #35)
  • Undone (Will Trent, #3)
  • Beltane: When dreams are real and magic is stronger (A Spellworker Chronicles Novel)
  • The Promise
  • Unseen (Will Trent, #7)
  • Broken (Will Trent, #4)
  • When Life Gives You Lululemons (The Devil Wears Prada, #3)
  • Sparrow
Louise Marley writes murder mysteries and romantic comedies. She is lucky enough to live in a village with a famous library and two ruined castles. (Her husband still thinks they moved there by accident).

Her first published novel was Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, which was a finalist in Poolbeg's 'Write a Bestseller' competition. She has also written articles for the Irish press and short stories for w

News & Interviews