Start by marking “Deadly Ever After (The Black Angel Book #2)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Ever After (The Black Angel Book #2)

Read Book* *Different edition

Deadly Ever After (The Black Angel Book #2)

4.58  ·  Rating details ·  26 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
This is an alternate cover edition for B01FPYABCW

Deadly Ever After, The Black Angel Book Series, #2.
This is a continuous series, so reading Twice Upon A Time (The Black Angel Book Series, #1) is strongly suggested before you start Deadly Ever After. Happy reading!

I, Virgil, know that people prefer to remember the happily ever after ending rather than the dark side in ever
Published June 2016 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Ever After

Hope Irving
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: na-pnr, romance
Be prepared to share the new challenges awaiting the star-crossed lovers's wandering souls of Morgann (the monk calligrapher) and Deirdre (the witch). Their hosts are back and eager to find a way to make their own unorthodox fairytale happen. New York is their playground this time.
It will be crazy. It will be happy. It will be deadly.

Free on KU:
> Amazon US: https://goo.gl/qWj3ag
> Amazon CA: https://goo.gl/yzMBhk
> Amazon UK: https://goo.gl/p9HiEP
> Amazon AU: https://goo.gl/kHsJXN
Melissa Mendoza

4 Deadly stars

This is almost your modern day Romeo and Juliet… minus the whole underage thing. Virgil and Rose aren’t supposed to be together, but neither can deny their feelings for the other. And while Rose lusts after Virgil, there’s another man vying for her attention. But there’s other things that stand in the way for these two, but can they get through these obstacles to make it as one?

This book was so much better than I thought it was going to be. The story has depth and so much life to i
I am not sure how to write a review/synopsis of this book without spoiling for new readers (so much happens you guys!). Instead, I will list some of the things I really enjoy about this book.

-Complex characters- Nobody is all good or all bad. Everyone is usually in the gray zone. This is communicated beautifully here. Even the bad guys have good redeeming qualities.

-Chapters told from different POV- Loved having access to different points of view from the same story line. You know what each cha
April Wood
Thanks to Author Hope Irving for the e-copy of Deadly Ever After!

First, let’s talk about the new cover! I absolutely love the new design! It’s sexy and gothic and suits the mood of this novel, perfectly.

In this installment, Virgil fesses up and Rose learns the truth. Only, she isn’t certain she can believe Virgil’s far-out tale and quite frankly, the more she learns, the more she is frightened/upset. Rose doesn’t believe in fate nor destiny. Even so, she can’t deny the feelings she has for him
J. Kahele
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hope Irving really knows how to weave a tale with dark characters and a powerful story. This story is long and it reminded me much of when I read the Lord of the Rings recently, the long detailed explanations and the intense world building. The only difference in her story was it never paused for a second and was engaging till the end.
Kristina Montigny
So this book picks up right where book 1 left off. It also left me feeling the same as I felt after reading the first book, like wth? Ahhhh!! Seriously?! I was kind of frustrated with Rose in this book, many times I wanted to smack her. I just wanted her to stop with all the denial and wake up and smell the lemon grass, for it's greener on the other side! Ha, yea I'm a nerd. I was pretty happy that Virgil decided to finally grow a pair, haha! Of course my excited state was short lived because Ro ...more
books are love
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received in exchange for a honest review.

So Irked with Rose like really really irked. She is a hypocrite to me. She gets mad at Virgil for holding back. When he comes clean she fears him that is rich. And she calls him a freak. The one thing she knows will hurt him. Seriously she holds back from Virgil and lies to herself but hey lets get on the person who comes clean and loves and respects you more than anything.

This second book picks up where the first left off. We have Virgil feeling it isn’
Justine Elvira
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the second Installment of the Black Angel series we are brought back into the mythical world of Rose and Virgil, or should I say Deirdre and Morgann. Deadly Ever after filled me with so many thoughts and emotions. I remembered just how much I love these characters and this world Hope Irving has created.

This is a well-written and thought out series and there are so many layers to this story that it's impossible to say anything without giving too much away–especially because this is the second
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
I loved this book! It was such a great continuation to the series, and reall did a lot to compliment if, rather than just having another start, it really felt as though this flowed really we'll from the first. lol to the second. Plus, well, I just could not put the book down!

I truly enjoyed the depth of character, in this second book. It really built upon the first. Giving us more background and really solidifying my connection with the characters, really made this book jump up in my list of fav
Kim O'Daniel
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holly freaking Gods! What a book. That was simply amazing. So well-written and expertly thought through. The whole series is wonderful. If you have not read book one. Go get it first, and don't read this review as it will spoil book one for you.

This is the Continuing Story in the Black Angel book series. The continuation of Rose and virgil's story. does he know at the end of book one she ended up with Bruce. Because Virgil pushed her away. Which was a Monumental mistake on his part. But in this
Brandy Roberts
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hope Irving has done it again after reading twice upon a time i couldn't wait to get my greedy hands on it . While reading this I was dealing with some health problems and this is one of the books that got me threw my dark haze . Im in love with her characters the forbiddens just makes this book that much greater my heart breacks for these two . again the uniqueness is just a fresh breath of air i havnt read anything like . this was a page tuner you just dont want to stop reading im not so patie ...more
Rebecca Austin
This is the second book in the series and book 1 needs to be read first.

Rose Perry has just moved to New York with her "boyfriend" Bruce Norton, partially to get away from Virgil Blake. She is trying to be happy with Bruce but she keeps thinking about Virgil and can't get him off her mind.

Virgil Blake is complicated. He has a past that involves Rose and knows that they are meant to be together but he has some things that need to be taken care of before they can be together.

Bruce Norton is not w
Candy
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-2017, arcs
Wow! This twist keep coming in book two. Virgil has left Rose because she's not ready to know the truth still, mistake. Rose feeling rejected turns to another (Bruce) that makes promises that he can keep. Bruce the man that has replaced Virgil has ulterior motives in befriending Rose. But no one knows what Bruce truly is, the enemy of Morgann and Deirdre. As time has passed Rose realizes that Bruce is just a means and Virgil is who she truly wants. When Virgil returns for Thanksgiving will he an ...more
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
This is the second book in the Black Angel Book series and this was even better than the first! I highly recommend reading book one titled Twice Upon a Time before reading this one in order to have a better understanding of what's going on here since this is a continuation of that story with the same characters.

This is a great paranormal story with a bit of a fairytale feel to it and I'm always looking for a great paranormal story so I was thrilled by this entire series! Virgil and Rose have wh
Elsie Caba
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deadly Ever After is the second book on The Black Angel Book Series. In this one we learn a little bit more about Virgil and Rose's true nature, their relationship, their friends and a little bit more about their enemies.

Even though one of them was not a surprise for me, his background and all that it represents was. This people are dangerous and the scariest part is that they could be right next door without you imagining it.

This book was very enlightening on the story, Virgil and Rose chemis
Kim O'Daniel
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holly freaking Gods! What a book. That was simply amazing.
So well-written and expertly thought through. The whole
series is wonderful. If you have not read book one. Go get it
first, and don't read this review as it will spoil book one for you.

Click here for my review for book one

This is the Continuing Story in the Black Angel book series.
The continuation of Rose and Virgil’s story. does he know at
the end of book one she ended up with Bruce. Because
Virgil pushed he
The Magic of Books Blog
Deadly Ever After by Hope Irving

4 stars
Reviewed by Amanda Barbee

Deadly Ever After by Hope Irving is the second book in the Black Angel Book Series. You should probably read the first before this one as this is a continuation.

Rose Perry is coming off of an amazing summer in Provincetown after a year long depression that a break up and living in New York with her non boyfriend Bruce trying to control her emotions and thoughts about Virgil. With a new job and some of the same old friends life is g
Michelle Stefani
What a fun story. I couldn't put the book down because I needed to know what would happen next. The suspense and foreshadowing was so well written into the story line. I can relate to the location of the story which added to my enjoyment. I thought the setting lent a lot to the story. The rich well-to-do lifestyle that the character finds herself in was very interesting to me, as it is not a life I am familiar with. It allowed me to fall into the story and forget about everyday life. The authors ...more
Sherry Wilkinson
Great read. Great follow up to Twice Upon A Time in The Black Angel Series. I loved it. I love how Hope leaves the reader hanging at the end of each chapter- she keeps me guessing and I can't put it down. The pace is fast yet not rushed. I'm in love with two of the male characters. The story and the characters are well developed. It's romance with a hint of paranormal that takes place in the real world- I'm not a big paranormal fan so it's suits me perfectly. Will the star-crossed lovers find th ...more
Maari
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Black Angel Series
I would highly recommend reading Twice Upon A Time first, I feel as if you would be lost, if not. Ms Irving is a master at keeping you on the roller coaster in her books! She will keep you guessing, even after the book ends! She will surround you with darkness, than throw in some light. ;) I'm intrigued as to where she is going to take us next time around.
Danielle
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the black angel series. I would highly recommend you start with book one as it gives the background to the characters and this book is fairly complex. This book kept me guessing right to the end.

Rose knows who she is supposed to be with but if life was that simple there wouldn’t be a story. At the end of book one we see this fairytale going in a different direction. She decides to move away with Bruce who gives her the dream life. The fab job, the sexy lover and rich
Katy Cuthbertson
The only thing wrong with this book is that it is #2 of 3 (?) and 3 has not yet been released. I feel a nearly physical ache at having to wait to discover what Fate has in store for these Star-Crossed Lovers.
Deadly Ever After served to further engulf me in this journey filled with twists and turns! I loved this book!!
I must confess, I am irritated with Rose for SO many reasons, but mainly because you CANNOT dress up as Wonder Woman and then be weak, indecisive, and needy! And Bruce? No. Just no.
Susan (susayq ~)
So, I was a little lost reading this because I didn't read the first book in the series. GO READ BOOK ONE FIRST. You'll save yourself a lot of confusion.

Rose and Virgil are soul mates. Virgil knows it and is trying to convince Rose of it. She knows deep down but has chosen to be with someone else. Will she end up with Virgil? Read the book and find out! :)

*thanks to RockStarLit for a copy of this in exchange for an honest review*
PsychoBunny77
Sugar Pop
Jul 07, 2017
Brittany Johnson
Aug 02, 2017
Hope Irving is the proud mother of a lovely and witty young lady, and the lucky wife of a loving and supportive husband. She's a debut indie author who's lived in Paris, France, most of her life and also in the US, where she graduated with an MBA.
She loves Nutella and Camembert cheese (not together), carrot cake and cinnamon Altoids.
Her favorite fictional characters are Eric Northman (Sookie Stac
More about Hope Irving

The Black Angel Book (4 books)
  • Twice upon a Time (The Black Angel Book Series, #1)
  • Once Upon A Dream (The Black Angel Book Series, #3)
  • Madly Ever After