Start by marking “Deadly Ever After (The Black Angel Book #2)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Ever After (The Black Angel Book #2)

Read Book* *Different edition

Deadly Ever After (The Black Angel Book #2)

This is an alternate cover edition for B01FPYABCW

Deadly Ever After, The Black Angel Book Series, #2.
This is a continuous series, so reading Twice Upon A Time (The Black Angel Book Series, #1) is strongly suggested before you start Deadly Ever After. Happy reading!

I, Virgil, know that people prefer to remember the happily ever after ending rather than the dark side in ever
Published June 2016 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Ever After

Hope Irving
Apr 10, 2016 Hope Irving rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: na-pnr, romance
Be prepared to share the new challenges awaiting the star-crossed lovers's wandering souls of Morgann (the monk calligrapher) and Deirdre (the witch). Their hosts are back and eager to find a way to make their own unorthodox fairytale happen. New York is their playground this time.
It will be crazy. It will be happy. It will be deadly.

Free on KU:
> Amazon US: https://goo.gl/qWj3ag
> Amazon CA: https://goo.gl/yzMBhk
> Amazon UK: https://goo.gl/p9HiEP
> Amazon AU: https://goo.gl/kHsJXN
Melissa Mendoza

4 Deadly stars

This is almost your modern day Romeo and Juliet… minus the whole underage thing. Virgil and Rose aren’t supposed to be together, but neither can deny their feelings for the other. And while Rose lusts after Virgil, there’s another man vying for her attention. But there’s other things that stand in the way for these two, but can they get through these obstacles to make it as one?

This book was so much better than I thought it was going to be. The story has depth and so much life to i
April Wood
Thanks to Author Hope Irving for the e-copy of Deadly Ever After!

First, let’s talk about the new cover! I absolutely love the new design! It’s sexy and gothic and suits the mood of this novel, perfectly.

In this installment, Virgil fesses up and Rose learns the truth. Only, she isn’t certain she can believe Virgil’s far-out tale and quite frankly, the more she learns, the more she is frightened/upset. Rose doesn’t believe in fate nor destiny. Even so, she can’t deny the feelings she has for him
J. Kahele
Apr 17, 2016 J. Kahele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hope Irving really knows how to weave a tale with dark characters and a powerful story. This story is long and it reminded me much of when I read the Lord of the Rings recently, the long detailed explanations and the intense world building. The only difference in her story was it never paused for a second and was engaging till the end.
books are love
Jun 16, 2016 books are love rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received in exchange for a honest review.

So Irked with Rose like really really irked. She is a hypocrite to me. She gets mad at Virgil for holding back. When he comes clean she fears him that is rich. And she calls him a freak. The one thing she knows will hurt him. Seriously she holds back from Virgil and lies to herself but hey lets get on the person who comes clean and loves and respects you more than anything.

This second book picks up where the first left off. We have Virgil feeling it isn’
I am not sure how to write a review/synopsis of this book without spoiling for new readers (so much happens you guys!). Instead, I will list some of the things I really enjoy about this book.

-Complex characters- Nobody is all good or all bad. Everyone is usually in the gray zone. This is communicated beautifully here. Even the bad guys have good redeeming qualities.

-Chapters told from different POV- Loved having access to different points of view from the same story line. You know what each cha
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
I loved this book! It was such a great continuation to the series, and reall did a lot to compliment if, rather than just having another start, it really felt as though this flowed really we'll from the first. lol to the second. Plus, well, I just could not put the book down!

I truly enjoyed the depth of character, in this second book. It really built upon the first. Giving us more background and really solidifying my connection with the characters, really made this book jump up in my list of fav
Brandy Roberts
Sep 19, 2016 Brandy Roberts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hope Irving has done it again after reading twice upon a time i couldn't wait to get my greedy hands on it . While reading this I was dealing with some health problems and this is one of the books that got me threw my dark haze . Im in love with her characters the forbiddens just makes this book that much greater my heart breacks for these two . again the uniqueness is just a fresh breath of air i havnt read anything like . this was a page tuner you just dont want to stop reading im not so patie ...more
Rebecca Austin
This is the second book in the series and book 1 needs to be read first.

Rose Perry has just moved to New York with her "boyfriend" Bruce Norton, partially to get away from Virgil Blake. She is trying to be happy with Bruce but she keeps thinking about Virgil and can't get him off her mind.

Virgil Blake is complicated. He has a past that involves Rose and knows that they are meant to be together but he has some things that need to be taken care of before they can be together.

Bruce Norton is not w
The Magic of Books Blog
Deadly Ever After by Hope Irving

4 stars
Reviewed by Amanda Barbee

Deadly Ever After by Hope Irving is the second book in the Black Angel Book Series. You should probably read the first before this one as this is a continuation.

Rose Perry is coming off of an amazing summer in Provincetown after a year long depression that a break up and living in New York with her non boyfriend Bruce trying to control her emotions and thoughts about Virgil. With a new job and some of the same old friends life is g
Michelle Stefani
What a fun story. I couldn't put the book down because I needed to know what would happen next. The suspense and foreshadowing was so well written into the story line. I can relate to the location of the story which added to my enjoyment. I thought the setting lent a lot to the story. The rich well-to-do lifestyle that the character finds herself in was very interesting to me, as it is not a life I am familiar with. It allowed me to fall into the story and forget about everyday life. The authors ...more
Sherry Wilkinson
Great read. Great follow up to Twice Upon A Time in The Black Angel Series. I loved it. I love how Hope leaves the reader hanging at the end of each chapter- she keeps me guessing and I can't put it down. The pace is fast yet not rushed. I'm in love with two of the male characters. The story and the characters are well developed. It's romance with a hint of paranormal that takes place in the real world- I'm not a big paranormal fan so it's suits me perfectly. Will the star-crossed lovers find th ...more
Maari
Aug 03, 2016 Maari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Black Angel Series
I would highly recommend reading Twice Upon A Time first, I feel as if you would be lost, if not. Ms Irving is a master at keeping you on the roller coaster in her books! She will keep you guessing, even after the book ends! She will surround you with darkness, than throw in some light. ;) I'm intrigued as to where she is going to take us next time around.
Justine Elvira
Jun 05, 2016 Justine Elvira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING! Full review coming soon.
D.M.
Apr 21, 2016 D.M. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the black angel series. I would highly recommend you start with book one as it gives the background to the characters and this book is fairly complex. This book kept me guessing right to the end.

Rose knows who she is supposed to be with but if life was that simple there wouldn’t be a story. At the end of book one we see this fairytale going in a different direction. She decides to move away with Bruce who gives her the dream life. The fab job, the sexy lover and rich
Susan (susayq ~)
So, I was a little lost reading this because I didn't read the first book in the series. GO READ BOOK ONE FIRST. You'll save yourself a lot of confusion.

Rose and Virgil are soul mates. Virgil knows it and is trying to convince Rose of it. She knows deep down but has chosen to be with someone else. Will she end up with Virgil? Read the book and find out! :)

*thanks to RockStarLit for a copy of this in exchange for an honest review*
Rita Angeletti-strick
Rita Angeletti-strick rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2016
Katy Cuthbertson
Katy Cuthbertson rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2016
Emily ~Social Butterfly PR~
Emily ~Social Butterfly PR~ rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2016
Angel Erin
Angel Erin marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Lorella Piras
Lorella Piras marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
K.Marie
K.Marie marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Nada Sobhi
Nada Sobhi marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Jacque Haley
Jacque Haley marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Nina
Nina added it
Jul 11, 2016
Kathy Valentine
Kathy Valentine marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Aurora Batty
Aurora Batty marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Love  Books
Love Books marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Becky Rendon
Becky Rendon marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
Kirstie
Kirstie marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2016
Sam Spencer
Sam Spencer marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2016
Courtney Amber Hill
Courtney Amber Hill marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2016
Michelle Dodd
Michelle Dodd marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2016
Lourdes
Lourdes marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2016
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2016
Kim O'Daniel
Kim O'Daniel marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2016
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2016
Thalia
Thalia marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2017
Sarah Toussaint
Sarah Toussaint marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2017
Hope Irving is the proud mother of a lovely and witty young lady, and the lucky wife of a loving and supportive husband. She's a debut indie author who lived in Paris, France, most of her life and also in the US, where she graduated with a master degree.
She loves Nutella and Camembert cheese (not together), carrot cake and cinnamon Altoids.
Her favorite fictional characters are Eric Northman (Sook
More about Hope Irving...

The Black Angel Book (4 books)
  • Twice upon a Time (The Black Angel Book Series, #1)
  • Once Upon A Dream