Start by marking “If I Die Before I Wake” as Want to Read:
If I Die Before I Wake

If I Die Before I Wake

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  10 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Not all tales have the ever-after you might expect.

'An edgy fairy-tale set in the 21st century. A fantastical and fun read.'
-Yvonne Mes, Author and Vice President of Book Links QLD

Vreni is fifteen and cursed. The curse was placed on her grandmother centuries ago and has been passed down through the women in her family, so Vreni has slept and woken at the whim of the curs
Published May 30th 2016 by Kooky Cat Books

To ask other readers questions about If I Die Before I Wake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If I Die Before I Wake

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of If I Die Before I Wake
Miss Jenny
Sep 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
Interesting idea but poor delivery. I found the plot was flat and trying to include far too many things. I hate insta-love especially when no reason is given. Flipped through a good deal of the book.

Edited with my longer review: I was really drawn into the title and the premise of this book. It seemed like it had so much to offer and I began reading it right away. Unfortunately this book contains some of the elements I dislike the most in books.

Insta-love. Yep it’s a pet peeve. If you aren’t 100
Briar Rose
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
*Review also posted at Briar Rose Reads.

Initially, I wasn't really sure what to think of If I Die Before I Wake. This Sleeping Beauty-influenced fairy tale obviously had a unique spin, but it started out a bit slowly, with some backstory and setting info-dumps being provided through long conversations. I did like several of the characters right away, and the premise was interesting enough for me to keep reading. I'm glad I did, as the action really started picking up about a third of the way thr
Amanda
Vreni is born into a cursed family where the women sleep... a lot. She is almost a century old in age, but has been asleep for half of it. Is there a way to kill this curse her family has been dealing with? Is there a chance to find love? Is she the only one who can break the curse? She has to find out.

This fun, enchanted, Sleeping Beauty like read was good for an old maid like myself, but would be great for a young teen looking to get lost in a magical world. I can appreciate the magical world
Angelina Singer
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very fun, magical fantasy romp! The premise was unique and action packed, with a little bit of cheesy romance thrown in. Loved the inventive twist on the Sleeping Beauty tale and was pleased with how everything ended up, overall a gem that will keep you on your toes and a fun weekend escape. Would recommend to anyone who likes magical fantasy.
Isabella
Jul 26, 2019
Loegan Anderson
Aug 26, 2018
SD Jericho
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I quite enjoyed this story. It’s essentially a Sleeping Beauty tale on steroids. However, instead of just one person; all the female members of an entire family are affected and have periods of deep sleep where they don’t age and as a result, they tend to live to over a century and they live through these amazing changes in the world while, the sons and brothers live pretty normal lives and age and sadly, die normally too.
I find the premise fascinating – with the exception of the fact that they
Michelle Worthington
Mar 26, 2017
Wenda Shurety
May 22, 2020
Aug 05, 2016
Martii Maclean
Nov 13, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Nene Davies
Bridget
Jan 03, 2019
Diana Toole
Jan 22, 2020
Martii Maclean lives in a tin shack by the sea, catching sea-gulls which she uses to make delicious pies, and writing weird stories for young people to enjoy. She likes to go for long bicycle rides with her cat, who always wears aviator googles to stop her whiskers blowing up into her eyes as they speed down to the beach to search for mermaid eggs.
Or how about this?
Martii Maclean is a teacher and